Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 7 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 21, 2020 12:58 PM
Sep 2019
tbh I'm always super hyped for Saturdays when new episodes come out and watch them almost immediately. I think this episode provided good insight into some of the deeper aspects of the show's core theme via each character's actions and wholehearted defensiveness of Katarina such as the boy's showiness and one-upping in order to gain her praise. It was especially interesting how they played out Katarina's own actions by making her be the one to actually complete the exam.

Looking at it from a symbolic perspective, I enjoy the interpretation that, through her friends' (harem's) protection and devotion, Katarina is the main reason for the group's ability to move forward as both individual people and a collective unit. By allowing them all to pass, she also allows each individual to continue on a path that is turning out to be //much// happier than their previous path in the original otome.
May 22, 2020 4:07 PM

Aug 2013
The backstory was sad, couldn't hold back those feels.

So Sophia is Katarina's friends reincarnated. That's cool.

I have a bad feeling about the shadow thing behind Katarina.

May 22, 2020 4:16 PM
Mar 2017
It's so great to know about Catarina's friend of the last life being Sophia, really softens my heart. I have the feeling the shadow thing will be part of what will make Catarina turn evil, which might make the game foreshadowing real
May 22, 2020 4:58 PM
Nov 2019
The shadow is someone using "Dark magic" only Maria can see it as she's a "Light magic" user...

Katarina's now got all the key players apart from "The president" in her harem and hasn't even realised it as she's so dense and is 100% absorbed avoiding the "Doom flags" to the point she's stolen the romance triggers for all the key players and used them herself...

At this pace it looks like they'll adapt up to graduation by Ep.12. Which means some of the original bad/doom/death endings should start occurring so it should get more interesting from now on.

Having read the source material I'm looking forward to the next two episodes...
May 24, 2020 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
What a nice comedy. Me after seeing the 7th episode, waiiit a minuuute.
May 25, 2020 6:17 PM

Nov 2009
minimiau said:
also reincarnates in that game, but for some reason has her memories locked. Or maybe all this is my imagination

That's not uncommon, a lot of Isekai tends to do this too.

Where Protags don't remember their past life until something big happens (shock, near death or through dreams)

That's why a lot of Isekai tends to have ppls start from the middle of their childhood/ teen life.

In fact, Bakarina didn't get her memory until she got hit in the head and had dream about her past life.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 25, 2020 8:33 PM

Mar 2014
I was starting to connect that her friend reincarnated as Sophia but I didn't expect it to get revealed so quickly. I wonder if she lived a long life or died shortly after Katarina did.

Wonder who that shadow is though. Maybe it's the girls who are jealous of Katarina? Are they trying to curse/kill her?
May 26, 2020 10:54 AM

Aug 2007
amlg said:
minimiau said:
also reincarnates in that game, but for some reason has her memories locked. Or maybe all this is my imagination

That's not uncommon, a lot of Isekai tends to do this too.

Where Protags don't remember their past life until something big happens (shock, near death or through dreams)

That's why a lot of Isekai tends to have ppls start from the middle of their childhood/ teen life.

In fact, Bakarina didn't get her memory until she got hit in the head and had dream about her past life.

Uh, now I understad. I have watched several isekais but with the MC teleports to the new world. Like reZero for example. It the first time I encounter an Isekai like this one.
May 27, 2020 8:43 PM

Aug 2019
they definitely cranked the wholesome meter this time around. We are getting a lot of hints that Sophia in her past life also knew Katarina in her past life and both of them had close relations with each other. I'm interested to see what happened to Sophia though? Did she die soon after? Or did she die from natural causes?
Omfg this anime pulls the wackiest shit but for some reason it makes me laugh every time. Suddenly separated from your group in a labyrinth made by an ancient mage that installed thousands of traps. Whats your first course of action? Observe your surroundings? Find a way out? Call for help? Cry? No, for Katarina it's "immediately look for a source of food that looks the most edible and stock up an armies worth to keep you alive" i swear who ever comes up with this shit, give them a medal. PLEASE.
also why does it seem like all of females in the group are more thirsty for Katarina then the men xD
"If Lady Catarina offers me food, I'll eat it even if it means death!" this. this is a mood.
Jun 3, 2020 2:09 AM

Mar 2010
Love Sophia more now. Glad we got more backstory from her.
Jun 7, 2020 6:55 AM
Dec 2019
what an interesting beginning to the episode. I though that Atsuko was somehow also teleported into the otome game but as Sophia. alas it was only a dream.

But the rest of the episiode was quite entertaining with the whole dungeon crawler scene. but it was typical of Catarina to be able to trigger EVERY trap to come to. But on the other hand, it was typical that she found the item they need.
Jun 9, 2020 2:54 AM

Feb 2016
This is the first episode that i don't like. The dungeon part felt weak and boring.
The first 6 minutes were interesting
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Jun 13, 2020 7:32 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The drama with Sophia and Katarina's past life was going so well... honestly I was expecting their reunion to be a bit more dramatic at the end.

Also, Sophia's eyes are really beautiful.
Jun 16, 2020 9:53 PM

Apr 2016
The rise of Katarina x Sophia, truck-kun suck it! Alan and Mary still good, though.
Jun 22, 2020 6:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, man, finally they revealed the past life of Katarina. It surely a sad one, like some certain show in the past, that revelations might lead to the others route to Katarina. Acchan identity was Sophia? Damn, its unexpected, but its served good. So, the whole situations about their relations just makes senses after all the time has passed. Great direction over there, to be honest. Unfortunately, Katarina herself might not knowing that shit already. So lets see how far Sophia could hide it from Katarina till the final momentary.

Ah the dungeon thing. Its about time something like that appeared in the middle of fantasy world of magic. And, yeah, ofc Katarina would do something hilarious. To be shocked that she now grew some hater over some people. Yeah, as a villain from a certain games, she might lead herself into the heroine without she realise that shit. Lmao! That black mist people was somehow intrigueing. But its no surprised if that people might be some friend that Katarina's knew. Maybe the read hair guy? Idk. So lets see in the next episode....
badabassJun 22, 2020 6:09 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 27, 2020 3:47 PM
Feb 2018
the beginning was very sweet and sad Catarina like most MCs could walk blindfold through a minefield and come through smelling like a rose and in her case she so adorable while doing it
Jun 28, 2020 7:34 PM

Mar 2020
Okay, I'm thinking about dropping this anime. It's got a few interesting points but everything is way too saccharine. I liked some elements of this episode (the real-world ramifications of being Isekai'd and the animation is great as usual) but there's so little that goes on. It's like the writers got a strong start and then forgot they had a season to write.
Sep 17, 2020 10:59 AM

Jan 2019
I’m starting to really love this anime, this episode brought some excitement and depth to this series!
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Feb 5, 2021 7:43 AM

May 2015
the way i gasped in the beginning omg
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Apr 11, 2021 9:53 AM

Jun 2020
Seeing Acchan’s POV was so sad.....that was definitely very emotional. I’m glad they got another chance to be friends again. How bittersweet!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 19, 2021 10:41 AM

Aug 2018
By the way.. How old was Katarina, when she died in the previous life.. By the thoughts of her manga friend.. We can guess that maybe she was in school, at the age we see her friend?.. What happened?.. It must have been a hit for her family and friends.. Sad..
Oh.. So car accident..
Hm.. And again we see Sophia.. She had a feeling she shopped with Katarina before in the last episode.. So is she the same girl from previous world?..
Hm.. Katarina is disliked by some girls around lately more, it feels.. I fear if she'll actually become target of attacks, like Maria was before..
Hm.. So what black subtance it was appearing behind Katarina from times to times?.. She didn't get cursed or something?.. Well, it really could be anything..
May 11, 2021 6:58 AM

Jun 2019
Got to see Catarina's past and her one friend who died in her previous life and I guess is Sophia in this life. Who might be that mysterious shadow guy?
May 26, 2021 11:19 PM

Dec 2020
first half :( so im guessing past sophia and catarina were friends? and they're both reborn in this world. and ahh nicol once again to the rescue
Aug 11, 2021 8:21 PM

Jan 2021
Catarina 100% correct about those loot chests in dead end areas. A gamer after my own heart.
ALSO SOPHIA IS HER REINCARNATED FRIEND WHAT THE WHAT
CalmTeaTimeJul 6, 2023 11:24 AM
Nov 24, 2022 2:11 AM

Oct 2022
That backstory was pretty depressing, although it was intriguing to see what happens back home after someone gets isekai'd via death. It's not something we get everyday

I don't know if this makes Sophia more or less eligible to be the one to capture Katarina's heart. Who am I kidding, they'll all die of old age before Katarina realizes their feelings.

Dec 24, 2022 11:07 PM

Aug 2022
Sophia's dream sequence at the beginning begins to make me believe the character is related to Catarina's friend in the past life. Very interesting...

The group must compete in a test of the skills by entering a maze. They are tasked to find what makes the Magic Maze tick within. The students are separated into different groups and it's quite cool to see how each member is able to utilize the their magic. Catarina's clumsiness sets off all sorts of shenanigans...

Maria notices a dark appearance around Catarina. Is she able to see it because of her abilities in light magic? Very intriguing episode, and great as well.
Jan 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Jul 2015
With how much she wants to avoid triggering the doom flags, Bakarina sure likes to activate every darn trap. Also bittersweet knowing Sophia has Atsuko's memories.

Jan 11, 2023 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
hehe twist:  Sophia is from Catarina world 
Jan 11, 2023 9:33 AM

Sep 2012
Reapermask said:
With how much she wants to avoid triggering the doom flags, Bakarina sure likes to activate every darn trap. Also bittersweet knowing Sophia has Atsuko's memories.
nope sophia was her friend, its obvious sophia is reincarnation to and catarina's/Atsuko's friend from past life
Mar 19, 2023 6:33 PM
Mar 2023
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
May 19, 2023 1:27 AM

Oct 2022
I really love that they have been showing us more hints that her friend from her other life is connected to Sofia
Aug 3, 2023 1:04 PM

May 2018
Bakarina and baka are never apart. xD

What is that shadow following Bakarina?
Jan 6, 3:02 PM
Dec 2023
mushrooms are yummy, but maybe not those ones
Mar 3, 2:52 AM

Aug 2019
so sophia is mc's friend from the previous life, would be cool if she realized it in some form, maybe not fully but like she would know that they were good friends. that flashback/dream was actually really sad.
mary is a yandere, manipulating her fiancee to stay away from mc:D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

163 by bt7244 »»
Apr 8, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

192 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

124 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

129 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.