Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 13, 2020 8:12 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE WEBTOON BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More of the backstory and world-building of the Jahads and the Princesses, of which we finally know that Anak's mother, was a TRUE Princess of Jahad, and the other princesses are out to eliminate Anak as a potential of the Princess position (starting with Androssi). It's a cruel fate for Anak's mom as the sin to "get married", and she chose the route of misfortune enough to get exiled.

Meanwhile, Bam's training of being the Position of Wave Controller is going slow, but well. Nice of him to see Laure helping him a bit. And Shibisu, make more friends, be courageous and brave to step out of your comfort zone! Shameless to make Bam and Hatz do the job for you for both Androssi and Anak (who are out of commission due to injuries) feat. Khun in planning. "Friends with benefits" might be so for this occasion, only for now.

On the side of Rachel though, while Androssi acknowledges Bam's interest in her, the Tower is another situation all together, really wanting to know what's up with Rachel's facade as of now. And Ho getting that memo...will this be the trigger?

The next (and final) test: Hide-and-Seek. With Quant (his VA sounds like MHA's Present Mic *and is confirmed*) as the "tagger", it's a fight to the finish, and that means: the privilege to climb the Tower as all players of their Positions collaborate together in teams to last till the end.

Quite a long arc to go through, continuing next week!
KANLen09May 13, 2020 8:55 AM
May 13, 2020 8:12 AM

Apr 2014
Well this episode shows a different side of certain characters. The next test though. I wonder how this will turn out.
May 13, 2020 8:17 AM

Jul 2017
Nice episode. They made some changes, but I think it looked good. At the beginning of the show, I thought it would be a disaster, but now i'm starting to like the pacing of this adaptation. 7.75/10 so far
renanmonacoMay 13, 2020 8:30 AM
May 13, 2020 8:20 AM
Dec 2019
Episode 7 was a decent episode with good information on the Jahad's princesses. Most of the episode was comedy though which I am not so sure about. I am excited for the next test though.
May 13, 2020 8:21 AM
Nov 2019
Bit of backstory on Anak and the role of princesses and a mysterious note.

So with Rachel pushing Bam away is it because the possibility of her becoming a princess if she gets to the top means they could never be together...

May 13, 2020 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
How many chapters did it cover?
May 13, 2020 8:25 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode was good, but like some previous episodes, it felt somewhat unfocused. Jumping from scene to scene, character to character, it really feels like it was pushing to cover ground. If the scenes were slower paced then it would have been a better episode. Still pretty good though.

Specifically the attempt to trick the princesses scene to eat some food and become friends, that should have been longer as well as the game explanation scene.

We continued to get some more characterization for side characters which is a great thing to do, but they should at some point also characterize the main character a little more.
May 13, 2020 8:26 AM

Dec 2019
"I hope whatever you're seeking at the top of the tower is worth more than him"
Unless if Rachel is misleading about her reason to get to the top of the tower then it's not worth disclosing apart your friendship just for the stars.

Besides that everyone is becoming familiar, and we received information about the Jahad's princesses.

I wonder how the test will proceed.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

May 13, 2020 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
Anak vs Endorsi was quite funny. Endorsi took her down with her.

We learned a bit about Jahad's princesses and Anak's mother was one of them.

Bam's training seems to be going well.

May 13, 2020 8:28 AM
Oct 2019
This wasn't that good episode..the animation was underwhelming and the direction wasn't that good either... But I guess it was ok ...But I am disappointed
May 13, 2020 8:30 AM

Apr 2020
Endorsi definitely needs to get rid of those heels, or better yet, just stop wearing shoes entirely lol...

So princesses of Jahad are virgins for life huh? That doesn't sound like a worthy tradeoff to me...^^:
May 13, 2020 8:31 AM
Dec 2019
kaiser17 said:
How many chapters did it cover?

This episode covered chapter 33-37 from the webtoon.
May 13, 2020 8:33 AM

May 2011
The bribing with food was the highlight of this episode for me xD. This is the type of comedy that I personally enjoy more, unlike many of the forced comic relief that was being added.

On a side note, I just realise this season is already halfway done! Six more episodes to go!
May 13, 2020 8:34 AM

Jul 2017
Nice episode. Good they expanded a bit more about the Jahads, and with Anaak and her backstory, and relationship with her mom. It was much needed, and glad they didn't just show what all they did at the end of the last episode.

Endrosi was also solid in this episode, nice to see her interact more with Bam and the others.

Can't wait for the rest of this game to take place next episode.
May 13, 2020 8:37 AM

Oct 2017
Khun never let's go of any oppurtunity he sees, he got sign from both Anak and Endorsi just like that lol.

The game of tag begins, now this will be amusing.
May 13, 2020 8:37 AM

Jun 2016
Good episode I like Endorssi more and Anak backstory is nice too see

That interaction of Endorssi with Hatz, Bam and chibisu is so funny

I am suspicious with rachel and brown hair with long hair.

That guy who likes too sleep want too see more of him.

Hatz and Aguero get cool every episode. Bam is cool as well

I want too see what Rachel is up too and I still like her.

It next test will be interesting want too see more endorssi, Aguero, Bam, Hatz and Rachel.

May 13, 2020 8:40 AM
Nov 2019
anime-prime said:
This episode was good, but like some previous episodes, it felt somewhat unfocused. Jumping from scene to scene, character to character, it really feels like it was pushing to cover ground. If the scenes were slower paced then it would have been a better episode. Still pretty good though.

Unfortunately that’s what you get when you try to adapt 78 chapters in 13 episodes, they have to do rough cuts, this anime’s biggest sin was the number of episodes.

Also, the Hide and Seek test seemed very underwhelming compared to the Webtoon, Quant was a lot scarier and the setting was much darker in the Webtoon.
May 13, 2020 8:41 AM

Feb 2019
Another week means more Tower of GOAT.

More of Anaak’s tragic backstory in this one. Really sad what happened to her family. Her father must’ve been very special for her mother to break such sacred laws to have her.

Loving Bam’s new Black Bulls outfit as well lol.

[Endorsi](https://imgur.com/a/xijXZzT) is so fucking cute, adorable and fun. My best girl so far.

“One of the perks of being a woman” = having simps. We been knew

Great teamwork there at the end during the 4th test. Another really solid episode. The world building has been nice and steady so far. A second and third season are basically inevitable. Can’t wait to see where this story goes. AOTY so far.
May 13, 2020 8:46 AM

Feb 2020
KANLen09 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE WEBTOON BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
More of the backstory and world-building of the Jahads and the Princesses, of which we finally know that Anak's mother, was a TRUE Princess of Jahad, and the other princesses are out to eliminate her as a potential of the Princess position (starting with Androssi). It's a cruel fate for Anak's mom as the sin to "get married", and she chose the route of misfortune enough to get exiled.

Meanwhile, Bam's training of being the Position of Wave Controller is going slow, but well. Nice of him to see Laure helping him a bit. And Shibisu, make more friends, be courageous and brave to step out of your comfort zone! Shameless to make Bam and Hatz do the job for you for both Androssi and Anak (who are out of commission due to injuries) feat. Khun in planning. "Friends with benefits" might be so for this occasion, only for now.

On the side of Rachel though, while Androssi acknowledges Bam's interest in her, the Tower is another situation all together, really wanting to know what's up with Rachel's facade as of now. And Ho getting that memo...will this be the trigger?

The next (and final) test: Hide-and-Seek. With Quant (his VA sounds like MHA's Present Mic) as the "tagger", it's a fight to the finish, and that means: the privilege to climb the Tower as all players of their Positions collaborate together in teams to last till the end.

his VA IS present Mic's VA
May 13, 2020 8:47 AM

Jul 2012
That guy with the horn is totally going to pull something in this test, he looked really jealous of Bam. It looks like Laure and Khun are the only ones who noticed though.

I want to see more Yuri :3
May 13, 2020 8:48 AM
May 2018
I guess this episode is something of an interlude to the next or something, with how they added more comedic scenes.

Also I see Khun being jealous when Shibisu was hugging Bam, and how even people think they're close... I can't believe they're not canon.

Lero Ro is done with everyone lol
May 13, 2020 8:49 AM
Apr 2020
Endorsi vs Anaak is so entertaining to watch. Sleepy Laure is my spirit animal. That Hoh and Rachel are fishy as usual. Rak being proud that he passed and eating a bucket full of choco bars is so funny. Looking forward to the screen time of other characters. And that test administrator is indeed problematic. 😅
Ao_SkyMay 13, 2020 8:54 AM
May 13, 2020 8:49 AM

Sep 2018
I'm curious as to how Shibisu and Hatz were able to force Rak to signing that paper.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
May 13, 2020 8:50 AM
Oct 2019
I liked this episode but it felt a bit different from the others. I'm starting to like all the characters. I think the next episode will be much more interesting. Sadly Rak was present for only two moments.
May 13, 2020 8:52 AM

Jul 2017
yuzuruhanyuu said:
KANLen09 said:
More of the backstory and world-building of the Jahads and the Princesses, of which we finally know that Anak's mother, was a TRUE Princess of Jahad, and the other princesses are out to eliminate her as a potential of the Princess position (starting with Androssi). It's a cruel fate for Anak's mom as the sin to "get married", and she chose the route of misfortune enough to get exiled.

The next (and final) test: Hide-and-Seek. With Quant (his VA sounds like MHA's Present Mic) as the "tagger", it's a fight to the finish, and that means: the privilege to climb the Tower as all players of their Positions collaborate together in teams to last till the end.

his VA IS present Mic's VA
Well, good to know on that, thought I was hearing things.
May 13, 2020 9:03 AM
Feb 2020
Haha, Rak showing off that he passed!!
May 13, 2020 9:05 AM

Mar 2012
The small inserts and re arranged scenes flowed better than the webtoon tbh, pretty decent I'd say. Still hate that they didn't animate Lauroe actually teaching Bam last episode.
May 13, 2020 9:10 AM

Oct 2019
This episode was preety decent, not too much happened here. This type of episode would work fine if this was an 100 episode show, but with their only being 13 episodes, this episode felt like a waste.
May 13, 2020 9:12 AM
Feb 2020
The tag atmosphere should've been way more tense.. Hopefully the next episode will entirely consist of the tag test.
Overall, i loved how they handled Anaak and Endorsi.
May 13, 2020 9:14 AM
May 2020
Weak episode. It was so incredibly rushed, jumping from scene to scene in a weird forced unorganized kind of way, Hoh's character was changed a lot in the anime: in the webtoon, it tells you to what was in the letter, and Hoh's reaction was creepier and villainous, however in the anime they made him a lot more of a scared pussy (also what a weird music choice during Hoh's backstory). However, I did enjoy the fleshing out of Anaak's backstory in the start.
May 13, 2020 9:19 AM

Sep 2007
Yeah, it's still kinda cutting corners (which can't be helped) but the flow is not bad! I enjoyed this episode.
May 13, 2020 9:22 AM
Feb 2020
Syureria said:
I won't say much and basically I really don't understand.
After they fight and fight the two of them finally fell, they felt pain but they talked about the problem then the green-haired girl calm down the problem experienced by her mother. It seems I only watched up to here and please don't force me to watch this, because it really torments me.

I don't understand how you are forced to watch this.

It's your choice, is it not?However, If it torments you that much, i suggest just simply leaving the discussions all together.
May 13, 2020 9:24 AM
Oct 2016
Settling things between Anaak and Endorsi pretty quickly. Endorsi probably didn't have anything directly to do with Anaak mother's death but I understand her anger at the whole Jahad establishment. They set up extremely restrictive rules them kill the princesses who break them. That's pretty bleak. I got teared up when Anaak had to say goodbye to her mom during that flashback. They seemed so happy together.

After that test was over I loved the interactions during the middle of this episode. Shibisu and Hatz having to get two final names for their scout test. Khun coming up with a hilarious plan to get both of them to sign. Medical expenses draining the bank of course they'd need food. Hatz calling Endorsi the most beautiful princess made me laugh. She's got a great personality that I enjoy. All her dialogue floored me, love that type of vicious woman. She's so confident but adorable at the same time. Her words to Rachel hit the nail on the head, I hope whatever she's hiding herself from him for is worth it.

Next test with the tag game kinda forces some tough choices. Not only having to dodge the wildcard that is that test administrator being another "it" in the game. Gonna be a tough battle. But also how Khun and Shibisu are in direct competition with Bam during this test. Might have to choose between themselves and him.
May 13, 2020 9:30 AM

Jan 2018
So Anaak's mom (the Anaak) broke the rules of being a Princess of Jahad. No wonder she's hellbent on revenge. Their fall went comical and Anaak calling out Endorsi a hag!

Bam's getting stronger on his use on Shinsu. I wonder what is with that letter that Lauroe received...

Another cliffhanger, ouch. Can't wait for next week.
May 13, 2020 9:31 AM
Mar 2020
I would definitely say that this episode was weak in a lot of areas, especially direction and animation. The music also felt a bit bland and random. It was really bad to follow the My Hero Academia model here because of the amount of characters introduced in the first season. They should have done a 24 episode run. I mean the rough cuts cannot be neglected. They removed some material. The explanation of the Tag Test was so bad (referring to subtitles) and what needs to be done. Also, the atmosphere is so light that the direction went from hunger games to high school sports, even when the world is a monarchy.

P.S. To be clear, I love the Manhwa and I have read all 476 chapters. I hate how they are handling the anime. Not Tokyo Ghoul bad level but it ain't My Hero Academia good either.
May 13, 2020 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
That's what I did, I was forced to watch this because I thought I didn't like throwing anime in the middle of the road.

@no1cares_getgoin
May 13, 2020 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
The static pacing and jumping from scene to scene without much siegeway continues to be jarring, as the show apparently doesn't let us time to properly take in the content of the scenes (which may not necessarily be a real problem if you've been devotedly following the manga). The tonal awareness continues to be nonexistent; I still dunno how or when to expect the series to be serious or silly, cause apparently the comedy is still lackluster and unnecessary, imho.

That being said, this was one of the more better episodes as it does return back to explaining a bit more about the Jahad princesses as well as detailing a bit more of Anak 2.0's past. I couldn't care much for Endorsi, though. Quant as an introduced character gave quite the amusing impression, at least. Hopefully they do the whole "tag" test justice in the next episodes, though.

My overall impression of the show still stays the same for now, and I still doubt it'll change significantly. We'll see along the way, though.
May 13, 2020 9:43 AM
Feb 2020
Nvm, then.. I even dropped some series just because i didn't enjoy it. Didn't matter if others liked it or not.
Have a nice day!
@Syureria
May 13, 2020 9:45 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Another underwhelming episode. Probably the least likeable till now.

2/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
May 13, 2020 9:49 AM
May 2019
The first five minutes of this episode was indeed decent, definitely better than the source material. They made Anak's past more understandable. Her interaction with her mother was fantastic. That being said, the start of the hide and seek arc was a disaster. The manhwa was far better in terms of narration and pacing. Considering how good this episode starts, the last five minutes were disappointing.

Turning 78 episodes into the 13 episodes was a wrong decision. I have been waiting for this adaptation for nearly nine years and taking into account the first seven episodes, I am pretty disappointed. I just hope that they remake the whole first season if they have any intention to make the second one.
May 13, 2020 9:53 AM
Jul 2019
This episode fucked up the series a lot.

Firstly they ignored shinsu which is important for this test and the last test. They fucked up the Endorsi Bam relationship with adding Hatz in the food scene. That scene was very important to her character. They completely ruined the mood of Hide and Seek. This test is supposed to be suspenseful and have tension but they decided to light the area up and make Quant no be as terrifying as the webtoon. This scene was supposed to show the strength of ranker which it didn’t in the anime. This anime makes changes that it doesn’t need to and it’s hurting the show. I don’t even think a season 2 would be good if they keep changing shit that dosen’t need to be changed such as the crown game finale. 2/5 for this episode. Only thing that’s making it a 2 is the first half which was enjoyable but rushed
May 13, 2020 9:55 AM

Jun 2017
kavehym said:
The first five minutes of this episode was indeed decent, definitely better than the source material. They made Anak's past more understandable. Her interaction with her mother was fantastic. That being said, the start of the hide and seek arc was a disaster. The manhwa was far better in terms of narration and pacing. Considering how good this episode starts, the last five minutes were disappointing.

Turning 78 episodes into the 13 episodes was a wrong decision. I have been waiting for this adaptation for nearly nine years and taking into account the first seven episodes, I am pretty disappointed. I just hope that they remake the whole first season if they have any intention to make the second one.

I make your words mine. The animation and direction are really below expectations. Hope if there's a second season they will improve the fight and static animations.
This ep was 3/5 for me..
May 13, 2020 10:06 AM
Feb 2020
The tag test... each team should get atleast one episode each. Hopefully the entirety of the next 2 episodes focus on the tag test, it deserves it...
May 13, 2020 10:11 AM

Apr 2020
I feel so empty with Rak barely being in this episode. I'm glad he returned from the wild 😂

I kinda like Endorsi over Rachel at the moment. Anyone else?

Best line this episode: This pillow has been tainted 😂
May 13, 2020 10:12 AM

Nov 2013
Tower of Rush or Tower or skipped content - should be the name of this anime adaptation.
May 13, 2020 10:19 AM

Jun 2015
Can't say I've enjoyed the change of pace, and since MC had his sword taken his character feels a little flat with nothing better to do other than being someone who brings people together. Which is at odds from what I can tell with being able to climb the tower. Above all this episode has made me worried its going to become too clique and we lose the awesome story we started with.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 13, 2020 10:22 AM
Sep 2012
you would think after 7 episodes haters would have dropped this by now. I really like it from an anime only perspective , in an otherwise nothing else is happening season :/

gonna stop coming here after watching the episodes and keep the discussion and hype inside my head I guess

this is reminding me more and more of when tokyo ghoul first came out and original source fans were just shitting on it left and right, and seemingly not allowing others to just enjoy a new story

this is not AoT people, keep your expectations in check and you won't get that disappointed
May 13, 2020 10:22 AM
Dec 2018
RiceKnight59 said:

I kinda like Endorsi over Rachel at the moment. Anyone else?

Endorsi is best girl definitely, Rachel isn't even in my "possible contenders" list lol
May 13, 2020 10:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Michelle light xD worst name ever this is probably why she hides her identity
May 13, 2020 10:23 AM
Feb 2020
Frostycod said:
This episode was preety decent, not too much happened here. This type of episode would work fine if this was an 100 episode show, but with their only being 13 episodes, this episode felt like a waste.

It introducet the princesses of jahad and anaak's mother, and character building with endorssi+world building with that letter that i'm not going to talk about since it's a BIG spoiler anything other than that paper exists
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

336 by Ratris_Decision »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

591 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 3:12 AM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

16 by Madhukar13g »»
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

459 by TayWilliams »»
Mar 7, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

456 by Kira_ga_Kiru »»
Feb 23, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.