Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2020 6:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, a ceasefire at this time of crisis seems rather convenient. Especially during a period like this, I think a moment of peace is important.

As for the episode itself, I think they're trying to develop Groza's character more besides just her personality. Groza has been one of those characters that I couldn't take too seriously at first but hey, maybe that is changing my mind now.
May 11, 2020 6:57 AM

Nov 2007
2nd place deciding to go against the king? That message doesn't make his wish come true as their tie extends.

Then that lady who brought the message realized prince likes king of light.

Borrowing tree's power to cure flying creature? There's flying creatures in Darkness, too.

They got along pretty well. The knight and 2nd place switched cloths. The mage and the lady from darkness switched cloths, too. They even played chess. So the flavor between Light (light) and Darkness (strong) is different. Mixing them makes both satisfactory.

The lady promising she will be by his side when he became the king of Darkness, and king of Light heard it.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 11, 2020 6:58 AM

Feb 2018
Trying to be a food critic? Food does taste good when eaten in a crowd. I really like seeing Iris's expression when eating. and it also looks like the soup is delicious, I want to eat soup right now.

May 11, 2020 8:11 AM
Sep 2015
Do we really need 3 hetero couples? I think just Prince and Princess are enough. Let Adel couple with Phious and let Groza couple with Shema.

And another unfair point is that we get to see 5 minutes of female cloth-swapping scene and none for male. You can literally see shadows of female breasts, so where are shadows of male penis?

Next episode preview tries to make picking wild greens very intense event.
May 11, 2020 8:13 AM

Jul 2017
Lady Groza makes her way to the Kingdom of White to join 2nd place Adel and the Prince of Darkness...to pass on the message from the King of Darkness. And of course, envy on the Prince of Darkness and his uncanny relationship with Queen Iris.

Both the Kingdom of White and Black are still on ceasefire, but knowing this deal, the amount of risks to the King of Darkness is substanitally high. Things as is stand for now, are reassurances to both sides as the ceasefire extends.

The deal of partnerships develops Groza's character is one of teasing and mind games whilst fawning over the Prince of Darkness (I mean, to be expected of the Queen of Darkness to coexist together in royalty).

A time of games and partnership over dinner in exchange makes this a very calm episode, and seriously, what a way to conduct differences in understanding (if both kingdoms are to co-exist).

This is clearly a happy time that only lasts while it does.
May 11, 2020 8:59 AM

Jul 2019
IMO this episode was waste of time
May 11, 2020 9:12 AM

Feb 2019
I actually really enjoyed this ep. No action, mainly slice of life fluff but it was pretty fun. Groza is really jealous of the other girls and wants Yami to notice her. White queen is starting to realise her feelings as well, cute

It’s crazy how through the dark is one of the best ED’s I’ve ever heard yet no one will know because barely anyone’s watching this
May 11, 2020 9:13 AM

Feb 2019
phantomfandom said:
Do we really need 3 hetero couples? I think just Prince and Princess are enough. Let Adel couple with Phious and let Groza couple with Shema.

And another unfair point is that we get to see 5 minutes of female cloth-swapping scene and none for male. You can literally see shadows of female breasts, so where are shadows of male penis?

Bruh.. why would we need gay ships for the pure sake of quotas?
May 11, 2020 9:50 AM

Mar 2010
I didn't know the pace of this anime could get even slower then a few episodes back...
Absolutely nothing happened.
Visuals are still pretty good.

Gonna keep watching till the queen and prince make out haha
May 11, 2020 1:42 PM
Apr 2017
Marinate1016 said:

It’s crazy how through the dark is one of the best ED’s I’ve ever heard yet no one will know because barely anyone’s watching this

So true..
Barely anyone watches this hidden gem or even knows about it.

Also, that was a cute episode. Can't wait for the next one !
May 11, 2020 3:48 PM
Dec 2017
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the 'next episode' section at the end of the episode? Incredibly dramatic music over images of just normal wild greens with some cheese.
May 11, 2020 3:50 PM

Jan 2020
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ...... what happen again???
May 11, 2020 4:58 PM

Oct 2008
oh man how long will the romance spark between these two!??!
Lady Groza reeks of sadness on her face!
5/5.

May 12, 2020 12:53 AM
Mar 2019
phantomfandom said:

Oh god, please don't bring "yuri/yoai" into this wholesome story.

Especially if it's just because you want "representation" or "diversity", adds nothing to the story except annoying characters.

Marinate1016 said:
phantomfandom said:

Bruh.. why would we need gay ships for the pure sake of quotas?

Reminds me of the MHA fandom, whining over relationships, like seriously?

Please leave "great as it is" alone. Don't make it worse for the sake of personal appeal.
May 12, 2020 3:21 AM
Sep 2015
HeMustBeKawaii said:
phantomfandom said:

Especially if it's just because you want "representation" or "diversity", adds nothing to the story except annoying characters.

And this is why I think yuri/yaoi genre has to be dissolved. Because it'll be used as an excuse that any homosexual couple can't be featured in anything other than yuri/yaoi anime, or that it has to have high value to be added in the story. I still find it strange that when I want to see same-sex couple I've to look only in this genre, while people that want to see opposite-sex couple can look in any genre, action/sci-fi/fantasy/drama/comedy/romance/adventure/shounen/seinen/.... etc.
phantomfandomMay 12, 2020 3:26 AM
May 12, 2020 3:25 AM

Jan 2014
Shame some aren't liking this episode all because of it having not a lot of action. Sometimes episodes like these are needed from time to time in these shows to really world build further, and give you more understanding of what the differences are, but in cases like this show, more than likely that certain phrase.

'The calm before the storm.'

I liked this weeks episode. Added more to character relations.
May 12, 2020 8:37 AM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:

It was kinda hilarious how song from "next ep promo" didn't fitted the visuals. Like I was expecting some dark twist at any moment. xD
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 12, 2020 8:48 AM

Dec 2016
DrRodneyMcKay said:
Marinate1016 said:

So true..
Barely anyone watches this hidden gem or even knows about it.

Also, that was a cute episode. Can't wait for the next one !

@Marinate1016

I wouldn't say this is hidden gem but definitely I can agree that not enough people are watching this also OP and are pure gold.

Luckily from my experience many anime are getting more traction after they are finished (like I saw this in cases of Budokan and Science Fell in Love) so there is still a chance. :)
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
May 12, 2020 9:10 AM

Dec 2016
phantomfandom said:

And this is why I think yuri/yaoi genre has to be dissolved. Because it'll be used as an excuse that any homosexual couple can't be featured in anything other than yuri/yaoi anime, or that it has to have high value to be added in the story. I still find it strange that when I want to see same-sex couple I've to look only in this genre, while people that want to see opposite-sex couple can look in any genre, action/sci-fi/fantasy/drama/comedy/romance/adventure/shounen/seinen/.... etc.

I can agree with you but still I think you kinda overreacted because there are stories like Budokan and Astra Lost in Space which have yuri/yaoi stuff but don't have yuri/yaoi "label".

Also Rome wasn't built in a day, LGBTQ+ community relatively recently is becoming accepted so don't worry, over time it will become more common.
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
May 12, 2020 12:04 PM

Apr 2010
This e[isode was nice but I feel bad for Groza.

May 12, 2020 4:42 PM

Apr 2013
phantomfandom said:
HeMustBeKawaii said:

Why do you want to force your preferences onto other people so much? You want to see specific kind of relationship? Good. You have specific genres for it. Go for it. Why do you think that the whole world should revolve around a certain minority and satisfy whatever ridiculous demand it makes? That's just absurd.
May 12, 2020 7:19 PM

Oct 2012
This is the episode that shows "what could be" before I expect everything falls apart, splitting the parties once again into distrustful sides. It's what the good guys will ultimately be fighting for but we probably won't see peace again until the end of the series.
May 16, 2020 10:40 AM
Apr 2015
are they adult leaders of countries and armies or are they 8 year olds playing dress up? one more episode like this and I'm dropping
May 16, 2020 10:44 AM
Apr 2015
[quote=Nieznajomy43 message=59788222]
phantomfandom said:

Also Rome wasn't built in a day, LGBTQ+ community relatively recently is becoming accepted so don't worry, over time it will become more common.

they were accepted long ago but fighting for acceptance became part of the identity so now they push more extreme things so they don't have to find a new raison d'etre.
May 16, 2020 11:42 AM
Sep 2015
[quote=jaisan message=59815483]
Nieznajomy43 said:
phantomfandom said:

they were accepted long ago but fighting for acceptance became part of the identity so now they push more extreme things so they don't have to find a new raison d'etre.

Your definition of acceptance must be different from mine ;) Even in developed countries, not all can have same-sex marriage (Japan, for example).
May 16, 2020 6:34 PM
Jan 2020
Coming next week...another intense nail biting episode as the gang face their ultimate challenge yet. Eating wild greens!
May 17, 2020 4:29 AM

Dec 2016
@jaisan

Nieznajomy43 said:
phantomfandom said:

oh no they aren't, there are some countries with legal same-sex marriage but in most they aren't, and/or without possibility for adoptions also in many countries conversion therapy is still legal/not banned

and don't forget about society, there are still many people who hate and discriminate LGBTQ+ community and who use ridiculous arguments (like having children), or use outdated research (and I'm only talking about these more logical people).
Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
May 18, 2020 2:09 PM

Dec 2016
Gersen said:
Nieznajomy43 said:
conversion therapy is still legal/not banned
Conversion therapy is absolutely based though

What? xD
There is no real scientific evidence that conversion therapy work, but there are evidences that it is harmful to humans.

Gersen said:
and marriage is a contract that exists purely for the sake of the children and their mother. A marriage between men is absolutely meaningless, a sham, a sad cargo cult trying to ape normalcy by imitating behaviours without understanding them. It is as pointless as an atheist baptism. No amount of chimping out about these self-evident truths will ever be enough to change reality, even if you manage to change the laws to fit your delusions. In other words: go dilate.

And I heard that marriage is about love and not just as contract ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I will not comment about the rest, because if that's how you interpret marriage then it would be meaningless. I will only add that some people from LGBTQ+ community (so not only men) also want to have children and similarly some heterosexual people don't want to have children.

Manga recommendation:
Anime recommendation:
May 23, 2020 7:15 PM

Aug 2014
Episode preview was legit the best part.
Jun 28, 2020 6:30 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Temporary peaces, never expected that before. But, okay enough to had a break. However, it just make the series look more pale and bored. More yawning session to me. Even that changed clothes part can't satisfied me much because of shit implification. Oh, well. Next would be a boring session again!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 3, 2020 5:46 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty nice seeing the people from the light and dark side being friends like that despite the peace being temporary.
Bit bad that Groza's romance is one sided, at least she doesn't do any dumb actions she may regret later

Oct 9, 2020 3:32 AM

Oct 2020
Does pick some wild greens mean smoke some weed or something? Why are they so god damn excited to "Pick some wild greens?"

I'd like to try some of the queen's "wild greens." I heard she's got the highest quality "wild greens."

Also, wtf happened to not being very friendly to each other? I mean the war isn't over. It's just a ceasefire. I mean is no one going to make sure those "anchovies" aren't poison? Im not totally sure these guys know what war is.
Brought to you by Anime Gear

Cars, Explosions, and Anime.

More topics from this board

» An anime with an ending similar to this?

Saku33 - May 5, 2023

6 by Saku33 »»
May 5, 2023 10:43 PM

Poll: » Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2020

85 by LordAtsukiYoru »»
Apr 3, 2023 9:02 AM

» is it good ?

DarkGamerA - Oct 27, 2021

15 by LordAtsukiYoru »»
Apr 3, 2023 8:55 AM

Poll: » Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 15, 2020

26 by Lviking »»
Mar 10, 2022 5:49 AM

Poll: » Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2020

34 by BiggKab »»
Oct 30, 2020 12:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.