Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 11, 2020 7:10 AM

Jul 2019
We don't know much about the work, but I have great hope that it will be good
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
May 11, 2020 10:54 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
In 2005, the anime adaptation of Air was airing. That was a great anime and it's sad that it's one of the lower-rated Key entries on MAL.
In 2010, Angel Beats was airing. Easily one of my favorite anime of all time.
In 2015, Charlotte was airing. Good thing I actually watched this a few months ago, it was okay and I did like some of what it offered even if some things (like some of the characters) got iffy for me.

Super excited to see that this will release so soon!! Can't wait to watch it!
May 11, 2020 11:21 AM

Aug 2016
Here's hoping it's a two cour show this time.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
May 12, 2020 1:26 AM

Feb 2011
I'm not as hyped as I would be about a new VN, but I sure look forward to it. Especially since it's been a while since Maeda wrote something (he only provided the concept for Summer Pockets), probably due to his health issues. I just hope that it will have as many episodes as it needs, whether that's 13 or 26. Unlike others, I didn't find Charlotte rushed, but with Angel Beats it was very noticeable that it was originally supposed to be bigger.

I also wonder if it will take elements from Summer Pockets. I've noticed that Key works tend to be noticeably influenced by pervious ones in some way. Most obvious is Little Buster's premise being similar to Clannad's baseball route, but there's also things like Angel Beats' setting, where everyone who dies gets revived again, which is used for some black comedy (similar to Saya's route in LB), and similarities between AB's Kanade and Rewrite's Kagami.

If nothing else, it has a character who looks a lot like Umi, at least.

May 12, 2020 3:07 AM
Feb 2008
Okay so here's reality.

Angel Beats is still the best character drama of all the Key animes, even if not the absolute beat of all. After episode 10 they pretty much skipped the next 13 episodes to immediately jump to the end. Bad idea, not to mention the rushed and completely out of place ending of the last episode. Episode 12 on the other hand was perfect as it was, and had me crying my eyes out at the end. On a scale of 10, I give it 7. (don't mind my rating of 10 on my anime list, I generally loved it, but it has a lot of flaws)

Charlotte was... Okay. The problem, and the reason it never had and never will have a second season is that it wouldn't make any sense. It would just drag on for ever. Maye 16 or 17 episodes would've been the max it could've done justice. Generally..
Well it was good storywise, had me almost throw my laptop out the window at what's supposed to be the peak of the series and was instead the bottom. Of the bucket. The romance side of it was well built up from early on (a mistake they fixed compares to Angel Beats).so in general... Well if I compare it to the others...

Kanon is 7
Air is 8
Rewrite is 8 (yes you can hate me, I loved it)
Little Busters is anruthless 10
Clannad is a thunderous 13

Soooooo...charlotte falls somewhere between Kanon and thus also Angel Beats, so 7.5

As for this new one... Well I'm lookimg forward to it. Musically it will be another.masterpiece is for sure
May 12, 2020 3:51 AM

Jun 2009
Im kinda eh with Jun Maeda works but I always end up watching them anyways so. Will watch.

May 12, 2020 9:09 PM

Jun 2012
I wasnt a huge fan of Charlotte but Maeda is one of my faves. At the very least he'll put together a great soundtrack.
May 15, 2020 9:52 AM
Aug 2018
I hope it's 2 cours so they can actually establish characters more and don't try to fit a season worthy of story to 3 episodes
May 15, 2020 9:58 AM
Aug 2018
[quote=IkoiTsukishiro message=59775613]
Smudy said:

We started this project in 2017 to create a key. It is a group of backwaters. If you make a mistake, the brand called Key could fall. But since I got the right to challenge, I thought I had no choice but to move forward.

This explains the nonexistent 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th beats.

[quote=Smudy message=59774883]

Yeah it's such a shame Jun maeda believes vn is a dying medium, which basically confirms death of future key vn's along with angel betas vn
May 15, 2020 1:31 PM

Sep 2014
I see P.A Works and Key (Maeda Jun), I absolutely click!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for this!
May 16, 2020 10:11 AM

Feb 2019
Kinda hyped about it since it is P.A. works and key together.
May 17, 2020 2:08 AM
Mar 2019
Kamisama ni Natta Hi is a song by Reol in her album Sigma... I wonder if they'll use it as an opening or ending..
Sep 22, 2020 4:11 AM
Jan 2019
Do you know Hina's character are simillar to Umi from "Summer Pockets" Visual Novel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 29, 2021 8:43 AM
Apr 2017
i just notice it, this is jun maeda work......dammit this person always make me unsatisfied and like something is missing, that is why i feel weird when i am watching this anime n this feeling always have when i am watching jun maeda work
Feb 18, 2021 4:50 PM
Feb 2016
A beautifully polished turd. Yes it’s that bad, no it’s not worth the watch. If you’re desperate, maybe turn the sound and subtitles off. The story goes from well crafted to “what the f**k is this nonsensical mess” in mind boggling fashion at the end. Cheers to everyone who worked on this except the writer. The director should have punted Jun Maeda’s head out of his butt.
Oct 3, 2021 12:11 AM
May 2019
GlitchyKWJ said:
A beautifully polished turd. Yes it’s that bad, no it’s not worth the watch. If you’re desperate, maybe turn the sound and subtitles off. The story goes from well crafted to “what the f**k is this nonsensical mess” in mind boggling fashion at the end. Cheers to everyone who worked on this except the writer. The director should have punted Jun Maeda’s head out of his butt.

Best anime of 2020 by far.. the dub is fantastic
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.