Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 9, 2020 12:29 AM

Oct 2017
This was so unexpected, I never would have imagined that there would be a sequel to the final act after all these years. I wonder who Sesshomaru had his kids with, maybe Rin?
-SP-May 9, 2020 11:16 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2020 2:05 AM

Mar 2015
YASSSSSSS OTP IS COMING TRUUUUUUUEEEEE!
May 9, 2020 4:50 AM

Oct 2017
I'm soooooooo excited for this.
May 9, 2020 5:41 AM

Jan 2020
Why it has been set as a prequel from Kanketsu-hen?
May 9, 2020 5:53 AM
Oct 2017
What a time to be alive! I get to relive my childhood in 2020. First, we’ve been blessed with news of the return of Bleach and now, Inuyasha. I can't wait to watch this!
May 9, 2020 5:56 AM

Nov 2007
Reinheit_Hezen said:
Why it has been set as a prequel from Kanketsu-hen?
I'm sorry. It is purely a mistake when submitting (I also just realized that I submitted the wrong year, which should be 2020 instead of 2021). I also submitted a change for relations to make Kanketsu-hen prequel but not approved yet. The entry would probably greatly edited when approved because the title is different from how it is displayed right now and description would be longer.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 9, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2018
Here’s the synopsis from the Viz Media Website

“In Feudal Japan, Half-Demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi’s brother, Sota, and his family.

Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a Demon Slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa’s shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.

Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.”
May 9, 2020 11:41 AM
May 2019
Can't wait for this. Never thought there would be Inuyasha'sequel.
May 9, 2020 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
So long as they write it well - and keep the magic of the original series - I'm freaking game for this!!!
May 9, 2020 2:19 PM
Sep 2017
I just hope we get to see their parents as well! Excited to see a more modern animation version of Sesshomaru!!
May 9, 2020 6:35 PM

Oct 2010
ChimcharTrainer said:
Who the hell did Sesshomaru have kids with??? Rin maybe? I need answers!
It pretty much has to be Rin. He dislikes humans except for Rin, really. And the kids kinda do look like a mix of Sessou and Rin

Here's some character bios. I used crappy Google translate but edited it slightly to make it easier to understand. There may and likely will be some mistakes. Someone on the InuYasha fandom page already translated. I've edited them slightly. I have no idea the accuracy of this. Some things sound a bit different than how Viz described.

Higurashi Towa:

Towa (とわ) is a half-demon who lives in the Reiwa era. She is Sesshōmaru's daughter and Setsuna's twin sister. She was somehow transported to the modern era through the power of a Tree of Ages when she was just 4-year-old. She received shelter from her uncle's in-laws, the Higurashi family, and was subsequently raised by her half-uncle-in-law, Higurashi Souta. She has a rowdy personality and gets in fights at school, even going so far as to wear men's clothing because it is easier to fight it in. She is reunited with her sister Towa after spending ten years in modern times.

Setsuna:

Setsuna (せつな) is a half-demon demon slayer who works under Kohaku. She was separated from her twin sister Towa when they were both 4-year-old, but was reunited with her after traveling to the future with her cousin Moroha. She seems to have difficulty believing Towa is really her sister. She has a calm, unflappable personality much like her father, Sesshoumaru. She also seems to have some sort of sleep-related childhood amnesia

Moroha:

Moroha (せつな) is a quarter-demon bounty hunter who slays demons and sells their parts to other demon slayers, presumably so they can make weapons and armor out of them. She wields the yōkai sword Kurikaramaru and is known as "Moroha the Monster Killer" (化け殺しのもろは, bake-goroshi no Moroha). Although she has a cheerful personality, Moroha has a dangerous temper and when rampaging is known as the "Crimson Night Demon of National Destruction" (国崩しの紅夜叉, kuni-kuzushi no kurenaiyasha). Tragically, Moroha knows very little of her parents, Inuyasha and Kagome Higurashi, as she has lived by herself for most of her life.
KougeruMay 9, 2020 6:56 PM
May 9, 2020 6:42 PM

May 2008
animesthabomb said:
So long as they write it well - and keep the magic of the original series - I'm freaking game for this!!!

I wholeheartedly agree. It would be wonderful to have more great stories from this series, but a poor story would only taint our love for the original.
May 9, 2020 6:50 PM

Feb 2018
dementia tag lol

it's because this announcement is crazy I guess
May 9, 2020 6:51 PM

Dec 2013
Wait WHAT OMG, I THOUGHT THIS WAS A TROLL POST. HOW RANDOM
May 9, 2020 6:51 PM

Jan 2015
super hyped for this. A very welcomed surprise.
その目だれの目?
May 9, 2020 6:52 PM

Sep 2008
I really hope our fav characters make an appearance! T_T please don't let them all be dead already or sth... omg I'm so happy yet scared yet excited yet anxious #FeelingAllTheFeels

*^*Random Rant*^*
May 9, 2020 7:03 PM

Apr 2011
Where the love triangle here? O_o

Sesshomaru has twin daughters and Inuyasha has a daughter as well?

Is there a mistranslated regarding the twins, maybe one is a male?

Looking forward to seeing the older cast, I hope they aren't place in the back-burner like Boruto.
May 9, 2020 7:05 PM

Feb 2016
Inuyasha GT is coming.
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
May 9, 2020 7:06 PM

Jan 2009
Inuyasha Next Generations
May 9, 2020 7:07 PM

Jul 2009
Now I just need to survive this pandemic.

I’m not happy about this not knowing her parents shit tho. INUKAG BEST BE ALIVE AND KICKING.

And I hate to admit it but the mom is obviously Rin guys. It’s not even a debate 🙄 (fuck. I was suppose to be the mother)
May 9, 2020 7:12 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I understand if there's a kid between Inuyasha and Kagome. BUT Sesshomaru?!! lmao

He must be waiting for the human Rin to grow up older. I want to see Rin's adult version!
May 9, 2020 7:23 PM
Jan 2017
Let's all thank the gods it's still being done by Sunrise.
May 9, 2020 7:25 PM
Jun 2017
Kougeru said:
ChimcharTrainer said:
Who the hell did Sesshomaru have kids with??? Rin maybe? I need answers!
It pretty much has to be Rin. He dislikes humans except for Rin, really. And the kids kinda do look like a mix of Sessou and Rin

Here's some character bios. I used crappy Google translate but edited it slightly to make it easier to understand. There may and likely will be some mistakes. Someone on the InuYasha fandom page already translated. I've edited them slightly. I have no idea the accuracy of this. Some things sound a bit different than how Viz described.

Higurashi Towa:

Towa (とわ) is a half-demon who lives in the Reiwa era. She is Sesshōmaru's daughter and Setsuna's twin sister. She was somehow transported to the modern era through the power of a Tree of Ages when she was just 4-year-old. She received shelter from her uncle's in-laws, the Higurashi family, and was subsequently raised by her half-uncle-in-law, Higurashi Souta. She has a rowdy personality and gets in fights at school, even going so far as to wear men's clothing because it is easier to fight it in. She is reunited with her sister Towa after spending ten years in modern times.

Setsuna:

Setsuna (せつな) is a half-demon demon slayer who works under Kohaku. She was separated from her twin sister Towa when they were both 4-year-old, but was reunited with her after traveling to the future with her cousin Moroha. She seems to have difficulty believing Towa is really her sister. She has a calm, unflappable personality much like her father, Sesshoumaru. She also seems to have some sort of sleep-related childhood amnesia

Moroha:

Moroha (せつな) is a quarter-demon bounty hunter who slays demons and sells their parts to other demon slayers, presumably so they can make weapons and armor out of them. She wields the yōkai sword Kurikaramaru and is known as "Moroha the Monster Killer" (化け殺しのもろは, bake-goroshi no Moroha). Although she has a cheerful personality, Moroha has a dangerous temper and when rampaging is known as the "Crimson Night Demon of National Destruction" (国崩しの紅夜叉, kuni-kuzushi no kurenaiyasha). Tragically, Moroha knows very little of her parents, Inuyasha and Kagome Higurashi, as she has lived by herself for most of her life.

Hold up what is this about Moroha living alone?? Where r Inuysha and Kagome??2 😶
May 9, 2020 7:29 PM
May 2017
Dem!!! This was is an unexpected development <3
May 9, 2020 7:32 PM

Oct 2010
phoenix_kagome said:
I really hope our fav characters make an appearance! T_T please don't let them all be dead already or sth... omg I'm so happy yet scared yet excited yet anxious #FeelingAllTheFeels

I doubt anyone is dead - this likely takes place 14-20 years after the original ended. By which after the 3-year timeskip the original ended out. So Kagome probably in her early 40s at worst.

Vivek007 said:

Hold up what is this about Moroha living alone?? Where r Inuysha and Kagome??2 😶

Right? It's an odd turn but I'm sure it will be a rather important plot point. I doubt Kagome would leave her daughter alone very easily...
May 9, 2020 7:38 PM

Jul 2017
damn cant wait anymore.. but i got the feeling that inuyasha and kagome that
they rarely appear in this anime.. not to mention that moroha is living alone.. kinda sad but since its original anime.. who knows
"Where ever you are in this world. I will always going to find you.."

"Who cares if we can't see any sunshine, I want you more than any Blue Sky.."

"I hope you'll remember me, even just a little bit.."

"Even if the world is destroyed, I still want to see your smile again.."

"I'm the one who lived my life just to meet you, just like cherry blossoms waiting for the spring.."

May 9, 2020 7:39 PM

Sep 2008
Kougeru said:
phoenix_kagome said:

I doubt anyone is dead - this likely takes place 14-20 years after the original ended. By which after the 3-year timeskip the original ended out. So Kagome probably in her early 40s at worst.

Vivek007 said:

Right? It's an odd turn but I'm sure it will be a rather important plot point. I doubt Kagome would leave her daughter alone very easily...

That last part is what scares me! I highly doubt they would abandon their daughter willingly...

*^*Random Rant*^*
May 9, 2020 7:41 PM

Oct 2010
at the same time, I doubt there's anyone that could really do harm to them. So I'm really interested to see how this plays out!
May 9, 2020 7:42 PM

Sep 2012
This has to be the most surprising, beautiful, and hyped news I may ever have in my life lol. As someone said before, I really hope that the writing is done well and the music. I read somewhere that it is alleged that Karou Wada will return for the music, I really hope that this is true because Inuyasha's music was glorious.

I'm also extremely curious about who Sesshomaru had kids with, that's a huge mystery. Also, what about Sango's and Miroku's kids? I knew at the end of the Final Act that they had a couple, 4 I think...really curious about this.

All in all, I'm still very shocked by this news.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2020 7:43 PM

Aug 2016
Wow. When I saw my email about a new anime coming out this was probably one of the last things I'd have guessed.

One of the greatest series ever. Ahhhh can't wait.
May 9, 2020 7:44 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Found the 3 characters' info from fan translation
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXjKZ4mXQAAdCm0?format=png&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXjKc12XYAAJmwO?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXjKd0JXgAAIiSf?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXjKehxXYAEBjlA?format=jpg&name=large

vansonbee said:

Looking forward to seeing the older cast, I hope they aren't place in the back-burner like Boruto.

There's no male, all three are girls. I think you mean Towa with the short haircut.
Fuwa_sanMay 9, 2020 7:57 PM
May 9, 2020 7:44 PM

Nov 2015
vansonbee said:

I mean I would hope there isn't one considering they're all related.

This was super unexpected, but I'm very excited to see what they do with it. regardless of what they do I just hope it has better pacing than the original, because as much as I like it, it could really meander at certain times.
May 9, 2020 7:45 PM

Oct 2012
I have been screaming since the freaking announcement and I think I will for the rest of my days.
May 9, 2020 7:49 PM
Feb 2018
Yeah this took me by surprise! Never would have guessed that they would be starting a new sequel series for Inuyasha. This got me excited! I hope this comes with a dub too and releases soon.
May 9, 2020 7:55 PM

Oct 2010

"to win back setsuna's sleep", among other non-nonsensical things. It seems "Sleep" should be "memory". sounds like translated by non-native english speakers. Also looks like they're translating "Youkai" as "Ghosts" which of course, is incorrect. Some other mistakes in there but not worth the time to point them all out. These are pretty bad translations

VengefulAura said:
Yeah this took me by surprise! Never would have guessed that they would be starting a new sequel series for Inuyasha. This got me excited! I hope this comes with a dub too and releases soon.

Viz already announced localization for this - streaming rights and home release. 99% sure they'll dub it. I hope for the old characters they somehow get the OLD cast back. Final Act's dub was a lot worse IMO
May 9, 2020 7:55 PM
May 2019
I am so so happy this is happening I never thought I'd get an anime in that world again. :D
“I’m not going there to die. I’m going there to find out if I’m really alive.”

- Spike Spiegel
May 9, 2020 8:00 PM

Feb 2019
LETS GOOOOOOOOO, my favourite anime I’m actually about to cry

For years people on the Facebook group have been asking for more and tbh I thought they were crazy considering final act had a pretty conclusive ending but I’ll fucking take it
May 9, 2020 8:00 PM

Feb 2019
-SP- said:
This was so unexpected, I never would have imagined that there would be a sequel to the final act. I wonder who Sesshomaru had his kids with, maybe Rin?

We already know it’s Rin. He proposed to her in the drama CD.
May 9, 2020 8:01 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
@Kougeru 100% agree with you on the bad translation. Ghost is should have been Yuurei which doesn't apply to this series since they used Youkai.
May 9, 2020 8:10 PM
Jan 2020
My best guess is Sesshomaru had kids with Rin. And I can't wait to see how Shippou grew up & how strong he is now. This is so random, I wasn't expecting anything else after the Final Act. I'm so hyped for this!!
May 9, 2020 8:12 PM
Apr 2020
yo. yO. YOH. its coming and so soon! I finished the series when I was 12 and I've finally got my sisters to watch it earlier this year. I honestly can't wait to see how this will go. can't be that bad right, I mean the rebooted anime that aired recently were great so I'm just crossing my fingers
May 9, 2020 8:17 PM

Oct 2010
Zielysian said:
My best guess is Sesshomaru had kids with Rin. And I can't wait to see how Shippou grew up & how strong he is now. This is so random, I wasn't expecting anything else after the Final Act. I'm so hyped for this!!
i completely forgot about Shippou! LOL. His dad was supposedly really powerful so I expect he'll be a bad ass!
May 9, 2020 8:20 PM

Mar 2013
Bobby_S said:
This has to be the most surprising, beautiful, and hyped news I may ever have in my life lol. As someone said before, I really hope that the writing is done well and the music. I read somewhere that it is alleged that Karou Wada will return for the music, I really hope that this is true because Inuyasha's music was glorious.

I'm also extremely curious about who Sesshomaru had kids with, that's a huge mystery. Also, what about Sango's and Miroku's kids? I knew at the end of the Final Act that they had a couple, 4 I think...really curious about this.

omg if its the same music composer as the original series then this is so hype!
May 9, 2020 8:28 PM
Apr 2019
Sesshomaru's kid 's must have been with Rin since they are half demons.
May 9, 2020 8:39 PM
Jan 2015
It is going to be Nostalgic AF.

I was in high school when i watched Inu Yaasha. Now they have kids.

Feel so old
May 9, 2020 8:55 PM
Nov 2016
BROOOOOO YEAHHHHHH, one of the series I loved as a child is getting a continuation, hopefully this anime doesn't pull a boruto
May 9, 2020 9:13 PM

Oct 2010
Cloude said:
Bobby_S said:

omg if its the same music composer as the original series then this is so hype!
Kaoru Wada has been confirmed, yes. I'm 99% sure Sesshoumaru's wife is Rin. No one else can make any sense at all, given his distaste for humans
May 9, 2020 9:18 PM

Nov 2016
Can someone redirect me to a guide on how to watch Inuyasha or tell me how to watch it (only canon material if you can please don't care much for filler movies).
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

May 9, 2020 9:41 PM

Oct 2010
Chikipichi said:
Can someone redirect me to a guide on how to watch Inuyasha or tell me how to watch it (only canon material if you can please don't care much for filler movies).
It's all technically canon tbh. They even rectonned the manga to include anime-only characters such as Ayame. Most fillers were also reference later. If you really want a "pure" experience you just gotta read t he manga.
May 9, 2020 9:47 PM
Aug 2017
Won't lie, I am genuinely excited for this. Inuyasha was basically most of my childhood. Hopefully it doesn't end up like Boruto
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.