Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 7, 2020 9:20 PM

Jun 2011
Jeebus, it seems like all the male characters (barring Lutz) are jerkasses.

Gunther, is a terribly possessive father who tries to keep his daughter away from any other male she is interested in. Father of the year for god's sake.

Benno is an aggressive merchant who often verbally or physically abuses the main character when she makes the slightest mistake.

And what's worse about this is, THEY DON'T GROW FROM IT. Heck, none of the characters seem to go through any growth whatsoever. I don't know if this is due to the stereotype that men should be tough, assertive, and aggressive but jesus baby christ, that makes a character unlikeable. Not all men are this crappy.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 9, 2020 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah, I think the main problem here comes from you. You're twisting peoples ' good intention into some evil intent, seeing good peoples as bad after interpreting everything wrongly; and then you blame them for your wrong conclusions as if they were in any way responsible for it, before complaining that they don't grow up from your delusions.

Fact is, they can't grow up from what you complained because they aren't like that to begin with.
Also you say "all male characters besides lutz" and then only give two which is like, 10% of the important encountered male characters at this point.But that 10% somehow become "all except one".

So you also have a major problem with generalizing and exaggerating everything as well.

Also I wish that all peoples in our world were as good in general as the peoples of this show tbh. World would be way better.
May 9, 2020 3:27 PM

Jun 2011
Zefyris said:
Yeah, I think the main problem here comes from you. You're twisting peoples ' good intention into some evil intent, seeing good peoples as bad after interpreting everything wrongly; and then you blame them for your wrong conclusions as if they were in any way responsible for it, before complaining that they don't grow up from your delusions.

Fact is, they can't grow up from what you complained because they aren't like that to begin with.
Also you say "all male characters besides lutz" and then only give two which is like, 10% of the important encountered male characters at this point.But that 10% somehow become "all except one".

So you also have a major problem with generalizing and exaggerating everything as well.

Also I wish that all peoples in our world were as good in general as the peoples of this show tbh. World would be way better.

I only gave two because these are the characters we see most often. We don't see characters like Ferdinand or Otto very much.

PEople are assholes. Gunther and Benno are jerky assholes. Tuli, Lutz, Eva, and Myne are much better people than these motherfuckers are. The world needs more people like THEM!

You literally want bosses to hurt their employees whenever they do something wrong and for fathers to not let their kids become adults and start a new chapter in their life.
Angry_Anime_NerdMay 9, 2020 7:03 PM
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 9, 2020 6:14 PM

Apr 2013
Yup, basically, a father that loves his daughters to death, do all he can to make them happy, is happy when they are, who can throw his life away without second thought to protect them, is an asshole just because he's also a bit overprotective of his sickly 5 years old; and he needs to die/shouldn't exist.

Just saying but the way you judge peoples and dismiss them as not being worth living would be seen as terrible by most peoples in our world.

The person here who needs to grow up and reflect on the way he judges other is you.

Also, last thing. I heavily suggest that you edit your post again and remove your insults. I won't report you this time (and only this time), but I can't do anything about someone else doing it.
You're on a board, an board have rules.

If you can't be civilized enough to respect them, you do not belong here and will end up banned sooner or later.

This conversation is now over between you and me, you decided yourself to end it by insulting me. No amount of quoting will make me come back here so don't bother.

May 9, 2020 7:05 PM

Jun 2011
Okay, I'll edit my post. I'm sorry. I'm just tired and angry about this anime in general, especially the second season I just watched. I didn't mean to imply that I wanted them to die, I was saying they need to fuck off meaning they need to get a life.

That's all. I won't quote you if you don't want me to.

Jun 10, 2020 3:56 AM

Nov 2019
Angry_Anime_Nerd said:
Okay, I'll edit my post. I'm sorry. I'm just tired and angry about this anime in general, especially the second season I just watched. I didn't mean to imply that I wanted them to die, I was saying they need to fuck off meaning they need to get a life.

Yeah... the problem here is you, i only remember that old man from last episode being a jerk.
Jun 10, 2020 8:59 AM

Jun 2011
Supercueca_ said:
Angry_Anime_Nerd said:

Yeah... the problem here is you, i only remember that old man from last episode being a jerk.

What do you call them then? Rude people? Like how the fuck is Benno committing physical child abuse on Myne several times throughout the franchise not jerkish? You people just basically ignore and imposed your pollyanna view on the reasonings why I think these characters are rude people. Congratulations.
Angry_Anime_NerdJun 10, 2020 9:05 AM

Jun 10, 2020 9:35 AM

Nov 2019
Angry_Anime_Nerd said:
Supercueca_ said:

What do you call them then? Rude people? Like how the fuck is Benno committing physical child abuse on Myne several times throughout the franchise not jerkish? You people just basically ignore and imposed your pollyanna view on the reasonings why I think these characters are rude people. Congratulations.

Please remind me when or how Benno commited physical child abuse
Jun 10, 2020 9:58 AM

Jun 2011
Supercueca_ said:
Angry_Anime_Nerd said:

I don't remember the specific episodes and I don't feel like trying to find them. But I do remember a couple of instances of him abusing her in season 1 by flicking her nose and crushing her head. I think he even crushed her head somewhere or something but I know he hit her somewhere between episodes 1-3 of season 2 because I dropped the series after then. Like dude, you're dealing with a six year old girl who doesn't know any better and even if you count who she actually is, she's still a young person at the prime of her life stuck in a strange world. Expect some innocent naivety from her and get some character development on learning to teach people things about the negativity of real world gently.

Jun 10, 2020 10:35 AM

Nov 2019
Angry_Anime_Nerd said:
Supercueca_ said:

I don't remember the specific episodes and I don't feel like trying to find them. But I do remember a couple of instances of him abusing her in season 1 by flicking her nose and crushing her head. I think he even crushed her head somewhere or something but I know he hit her somewhere between episodes 1-3 of season 2 because I dropped the series after then. Like dude, you're dealing with a six year old girl who doesn't know any better and even if you count who she actually is, she's still a young person at the prime of her life stuck in a strange world. Expect some innocent naivety from her and get some character development on learning to teach people things about the negativity of real world gently.

You have to realize that in their world, children start to be treated like adults at the age of 7 (or at least learn how to be an adult at that age)
Edit: @Angry_Anime_Nerd you don't want to discuss anymore?
SupercuecaaaJun 19, 2020 3:17 AM
Jun 27, 2020 5:31 PM

Oct 2011
I feel like you're projecting your own insecurities about males in general. The male characters seem fine to me.
Oct 3, 2020 10:56 AM
May 2016
cultural differences my friend. Benno's actions, like nose flicking or the head crushing aren't seen as that big of a deal in Japan, especially if you check a lot of manga that take place a long time ago. These actions are more akin to a spanking or scolding
Oct 4, 2020 7:10 PM

Jun 2011
NG_Chloe said:
cultural differences my friend. Benno's actions, like nose flicking or the head crushing aren't seen as that big of a deal in Japan, especially if you check a lot of manga that take place a long time ago. These actions are more akin to a spanking or scolding

But doesn't this take place in Europe? They might not see those actions as acceptable unless they weren't that big of a deal back in the middle ages.

Oct 4, 2020 7:17 PM
May 2016
Angry_Anime_Nerd said:
NG_Chloe said:

But doesn't this take place in Europe? They might not see those actions as acceptable unless they weren't that big of a deal back in the middle ages.

I'm gonna assume they weren't that big of a deal in the middle ages, because a lot of questionable things weren't a big deal in the middle age. I could also assume the writer didn't feel like going THAT in-depth, and just used what they knew
Oct 21, 2020 9:26 AM
May 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if you think looking at a kid is fourth-degree child abuse.

No, they're not "jerky assholes". You're just extremely bad at assessing situations apparently
Oct 22, 2020 11:07 PM

Jun 2011
Redomic said:
I wouldn't be surprised if you think looking at a kid is fourth-degree child abuse.

No, they're not "jerky assholes". You're just extremely bad at assessing situations apparently

So I get an insult for a birthday present. lol Thanks man really appreciate it hehe. /s
Angry_Anime_NerdOct 22, 2020 11:10 PM

Dec 16, 2020 5:43 AM

Oct 2017
In my lifetime you could beat your kids with a belt as a form of punishment. In my brother's lifetime a teacher could beat you for misbehaving with a paddle or strap.

Corporal punishment in schools wasn't even outlawed in Canada till 2004, albeit the practice itself had been largely abandoned by the 70's. Hell, in some US states it's not only legal, but still practiced.

So if this was acceptable less than a century ago, what punishment would it take to raise an eyebrow more than 6 centuries ago? The shows rather tame in comparison to the reality of the times ;).

InsertCatchyNameDec 16, 2020 5:48 AM
Feb 19, 2021 5:10 PM
Nov 2015
Angry_Anime_Nerd said:
Jeebus, it seems like all the male characters (barring Lutz) are jerkasses.

Gunther, is a terribly possessive father who tries to keep his daughter away from any other male she is interested in. Father of the year for god's sake.

Benno is an aggressive merchant who often verbally or physically abuses the main character when she makes the slightest mistake.

And what's worse about this is, THEY DON'T GROW FROM IT. Heck, none of the characters seem to go through any growth whatsoever. I don't know if this is due to the stereotype that men should be tough, assertive, and aggressive but jesus baby christ, that makes a character unlikeable. Not all men are this crappy.

Back to real life women karen and most bad men in IRL.

It's the same.

More topics from this board

» Anime or manga

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

106 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 20, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

188 by Kvistis »»
Feb 14, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2019

98 by kal_dev »»
Feb 2, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.