Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2020 7:17 PM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kidou's backstory seemed a bit dark and extreme but hey, that's the world we've invested our time in. At least it gave us some context of why he acts the way he does. Wonder if his 'big sister' will show up again. If so, I wouldn't expect her to last too long based on the pattern that's developing.
May 13, 2020 1:17 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So thats a back story to Kidou, with his true name was Ileck? Kinda sad with his reason with the job of exterminator. Ironic for every world happen after long-run dissaster or epidemic, always had so much bad guy destroy the humanity, welp even in this sad world we had so many of them, so i can't say no more. Interesting, but kinda lame for the drama between Illie and Kudou. I mean, the reason was boring and unacceptable for me. Kana great voice was my only reason to see Illie acting in the series.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 19, 2020 6:34 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Maybe my favorite episode so far, the whole Kidou's backstory was sure really interesting and has a great pacing, the episode really felt like 5 min, the only weird thing was Kidou on Ilie at the end...
Aug 23, 2020 4:48 AM

Jul 2015
So this is Kidow's dark past which caused him to become an exterminator. Sad that he had to kill his mentor and father-figure Lazarus and had to leave behind his 'big sister' Kara. Found the last scene of Kidow forcing himself on Ilie a bit weird since I kinda see them as siblings and not really potential lovers.

Oct 5, 2020 6:48 PM
Mar 2015
Reapermask said:
So this is Kidow's dark past which caused him to become an exterminator. Sad that he had to kill his mentor and father-figure Lazarus and had to leave behind his 'big sister' Kara. Found the last scene of Kidow forcing himself on Ilie a bit weird since I kinda see them as siblings and not really potential lovers.

I thought the same for Kidow on Ilie, plus the age gap...
Feb 3, 2021 8:19 PM

Feb 2017
I was good with Kidow's back story, but the bit at the end where he forces himself on Ilie was super gross. I also do not know why she doesn't hate him, because I kind of do.
Feb 14, 2021 2:10 PM
Jan 2021
quickmind said:
I was good with Kidow's back story, but the bit at the end where he forces himself on Ilie was super gross. I also do not know why she doesn't hate him, because I kind of do.
fr, that scene caught me off guard especially because I imagined Kidow and Ilie's relationship to be more platonic/sibling-like. It was a bit weird imo LOL
Feb 14, 2021 9:00 PM

Feb 2017
krithp said:
quickmind said:
fr, that scene caught me off guard especially because I imagined Kidow and Ilie's relationship to be more platonic/sibling-like. It was a bit weird imo LOL

I could maybe see her having a crush on him, the same way a teenager has a crush on an actor or actress much older, but he is way too old to behave like that. Surely there's a better way to teach a child not to nurse a crush.
Feb 24, 2021 10:39 AM

May 2015
That discount Kotomine :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 9, 2021 6:56 AM
Jan 2011
Kidow on Illie was literally THEE best scene of the whole fkn episode. You can and should eat a d*ck if you think otherwise.
Sep 27, 2021 5:27 PM

Sep 2021
quickmind said:

Facts. That scene was so cringe that I couldn't get it out of my mind for the rest of the show. She should have mentioned it to Miss Mario so they could give Kidow a beat down and a lesson on consent.
Sep 28, 2021 12:17 AM

Jun 2008
I think Kidow never properly learn how to process emotions healthily so he acted out in a way like this (considering it's implied by his time at the host club in his flashback, that this is what the organisation males did if they had it rough). It's still super yuck though since Ilie clearly didn't want anything like that and I think she kinda has an idea of why he's like this (hence she can't hate him and she's crushin'), but it's still no excuse.... >:(
Jan 3, 2022 4:48 AM
Jan 2020
That scene at the end was pretty sus ngl

Also, damn, the cast is so stacked in this Anime.
Jul 4, 2022 5:21 PM

Sep 2010
Aomitsue said:
Reapermask said:

I thought the same for Kidow on Ilie, plus the age gap...

The age gap is actually 3 years apart

Kidou is actually 17 and Ilie is 14 and Karla who may have slept with Kidou was was 14 at the flashback was 18 but I’ve read stories about how post apocalypse and fantasy stories that the age 14 is considered adult just how Pokémon Trainers is the age 10, in fantasy age 14 they can start being an adventure/work or get married
Oct 20, 2022 5:22 AM

Nov 2012
Loool the episode with the backstory was okay, but wtf was that last scene. Is the entire series like this? Jesus.
Definitely should be a guardian type relationship with no hints of romance, older brother/younger sister or even father/daughter.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Dec 3, 2022 9:06 AM
Nov 2022
se nos muestra el pasado de kidow y como lázaro lo entrenó para ser un exterminador, hay una escena turbia de kidow e ilie al final que caga un poco el episodio
Sep 19, 2023 11:48 PM

May 2009
2D animation looked so good, like Gonzo in old days. Shame that souless models ruin it.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushikago no Cagaster Episode 7 Discussion

modboy - May 27, 2020

6 by aguinos173 »»
Apr 4, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Mushikago no Cagaster Episode 4 Discussion

nexuro01 - Feb 10, 2020

14 by Farabeuf »»
May 2, 2023 10:54 AM

Poll: » Mushikago no Cagaster Episode 12 Discussion

Tyrel - Feb 6, 2020

26 by AkiCoffees »»
Dec 23, 2022 10:39 PM

Poll: » Mushikago no Cagaster Episode 11 Discussion

Ashhk - Jul 22, 2020

4 by AkiCoffees »»
Dec 23, 2022 3:38 PM

Poll: » Mushikago no Cagaster Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Jul 22, 2020

3 by AkiCoffees »»
Dec 23, 2022 11:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.