Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2020 4:11 PM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally a proper look at Akinori and Touma's past life selves, Hakushuu and Gentou, and they were pretty cool, especially Akinori's! Even his powered up Youjutsu was super cool, both when he attacked Soranaki and when he made that barrier with more than one layer to protect Natsume and to prevent him from shooting that attack! I almost teared up when Shutendouji let himself be pierced to save Shuka though. I thought he was going to die, but he survived and was able to damage Soranaki a little to let out his frustration, and I'm glad. lol And chocobos, lots of it lol, were all that Jiitan and Akinori's grandmother needed to bring Fudou Myouou Boy back, and his entrance was great. xD I felt sad though, because I thought it was goodbye to this form, but he was back by the end and as cool as he is all grown up, I think I prefer to see him interacting with everyone as a kid. xD Oh, and I kind of love that Touma, as Genbu, kind of picked on Soranaki by saying that Jorougumo's threads were harder to cut than him. lol Oh, and Ayame went to where everyone was together with Fudou Myouou Boy and Jiitan, and I loved it because she was there to witness both the tragic truth behind Soranaki's birth and the end of this conflict that crossed ages with everyone. For a moment I thought that Hakushuu and Gentou were behind Kuuten's unfair end, and it would be really interesting if two of the current protagonists had been villains in the past. But no, they knew he was innocent and tried to help him. Poor Shuka was really fooled, but at least I think that the one who framed Kuuten lived to regret it since I'm pretty sure that he destroyed everything as Soranaki. Well, Shuka and Kuuten couldn't be together and even fought each other, but now their souls can rest in peace, together with the ones who always stood with them: Hakushuu and Gentou. I wonder if Natsume, Touma and Akinori lost their Oni Soul Powers when their past life selves went to rest or if it remained somehow. And poor Keisuke, they really showed a dog in the previous episode but I never would think that he would be Keisuke's past life self. Too bad Shuka was most certainly an only child or it could have been different. xD And I like that Touma, probably, gave the Ashura Gouenmaru back to Shutendouji since it's kind of a memento of Douketsu. Well, it's unfortunately over, but I loved it. The plot with continuity, the main characters, pretty much all of it. I just wish we could have seen a bit more of the classic youkai and Keita, but this story wasn't about them so I guess it's fine. I'm glad I still have more Youkai Watch anime to watch though because I really fell in love with the franchise, and I know it isn't a "competition", but it will be hard to top this one.
Jul 29, 2022 4:31 PM
Jun 2022
Fayrin said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally a proper look at Akinori and Touma's past life selves, Hakushuu and Gentou, and they were pretty cool, especially Akinori's! Even his powered up Youjutsu was super cool, both when he attacked Soranaki and when he made that barrier with more than one layer to protect Natsume and to prevent him from shooting that attack! I almost teared up when Shutendouji let himself be pierced to save Shuka though. I thought he was going to die, but he survived and was able to damage Soranaki a little to let out his frustration, and I'm glad. lol And chocobos, lots of it lol, were all that Jiitan and Akinori's grandmother needed to bring Fudou Myouou Boy back, and his entrance was great. xD I felt sad though, because I thought it was goodbye to this form, but he was back by the end and as cool as he is all grown up, I think I prefer to see him interacting with everyone as a kid. xD Oh, and I kind of love that Touma, as Genbu, kind of picked on Soranaki by saying that Jorougumo's threads were harder to cut than him. lol Oh, and Ayame went to where everyone was together with Fudou Myouou Boy and Jiitan, and I loved it because she was there to witness both the tragic truth behind Soranaki's birth and the end of this conflict that crossed ages with everyone. For a moment I thought that Hakushuu and Gentou were behind Kuuten's unfair end, and it would be really interesting if two of the current protagonists had been villains in the past. But no, they knew he was innocent and tried to help him. Poor Shuka was really fooled, but at least I think that the one who framed Kuuten lived to regret it since I'm pretty sure that he destroyed everything as Soranaki. Well, Shuka and Kuuten couldn't be together and even fought each other, but now their souls can rest in peace, together with the ones who always stood with them: Hakushuu and Gentou. I wonder if Natsume, Touma and Akinori lost their Oni Soul Powers when their past life selves went to rest or if it remained somehow. And poor Keisuke, they really showed a dog in the previous episode but I never would think that he would be Keisuke's past life self. Too bad Shuka was most certainly an only child or it could have been different. xD And I like that Touma, probably, gave the Ashura Gouenmaru back to Shutendouji since it's kind of a memento of Douketsu. Well, it's unfortunately over, but I loved it. The plot with continuity, the main characters, pretty much all of it. I just wish we could have seen a bit more of the classic youkai and Keita, but this story wasn't about them so I guess it's fine. I'm glad I still have more Youkai Watch anime to watch though because I really fell in love with the franchise, and I know it isn't a "competition", but it will be hard to top this one.

Where did you find episodes from 43 to 49? Did you watch them in english sub? Did you have them?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkai Watch: Shadow Side Episode 38 Discussion

Fayrin - Apr 29, 2020

1 by yonatansan »»
May 12, 2020 11:10 AM

Poll: » Youkai Watch: Shadow Side Episode 48 Discussion

Fayrin - May 7, 2020

0 by Fayrin »»
May 7, 2020 4:05 PM

Poll: » Youkai Watch: Shadow Side Episode 47 Discussion

Fayrin - May 6, 2020

0 by Fayrin »»
May 6, 2020 4:42 PM

Poll: » Youkai Watch: Shadow Side Episode 46 Discussion

Fayrin - May 6, 2020

0 by Fayrin »»
May 6, 2020 4:36 PM

Poll: » Youkai Watch: Shadow Side Episode 45 Discussion

Fayrin - May 5, 2020

0 by Fayrin »»
May 5, 2020 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.