Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 5, 2020 3:06 PM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lol this was such a trigger ending

of course you gotta add the pure-blooded beastman cerberus that shoots laser beams and make an epic fight

but setting aside the happy ending, the show left quite a bit of questions unanswered. was kinda confused why Michiru and Nazuna were so special to even have created a serum from their blood, but i guess that's just anime magic
also prime minister of japan all good with beastmen now? okay. wolf idol waifu saves the world confirmed
May 5, 2020 3:21 PM

Aug 2019
what fucking witchcraft did you use to even watch the new episodes
May 6, 2020 12:12 AM

Jan 2020
fuckgendo said:
I'm pretty sure he's a advanced weeb who learned the language of the gods and is currently watching this in japan
May 6, 2020 6:13 AM
Oct 2015
fuckgendo said:

VPN + Netflix Japan. Or just living in Japan, I'd suppose.
May 6, 2020 5:17 PM

Jul 2017
I'm waiting for the aliens and space battle.
It can't be a Trigger anime without a final in space fighting aliens
May 7, 2020 3:33 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Overall a really good anime but with more visible flaws on the second half, end was fine.
May 7, 2020 4:01 AM

Aug 2018
Jeez, I didn't even start that the 12th episode already aired... was planning to make a binge watching of the 6 first episodes when the 7th would come out but no, I'll have to watch the whole season haha
May 7, 2020 4:10 AM

Jan 2018
i think this anime could have been much better if the villian wasnt just a villian that is lying about having genuine intentions.

because his points were not not that bad.

but yeah RacismBad ( anime teaches you something new every day) . also seemed a bit preachy at times.
was pretty fun non the less.

but i hoped for more interesting designs.
Michiru and Nazuma are pretty well designed but many of the less important characters are just generic furry designs .

was pretty fun non the less
May 7, 2020 4:26 AM

Jul 2017
4/10 show in the end, where it was a 7 for me halfway. It just got worse, and worse, and worse, and worse. What a shame it only was 1 cour.
May 7, 2020 4:35 AM
May 2018
It was fun ride but as it was mention above. Kind making story black and white made show weak impact ending.

I really liked Alan reasons and making hard choices. They could made it more grey arena like Alan really wanted to help beastman...
Shame they made him into HUR DUR I rule the world from the darkness huehuehue...
May 7, 2020 4:35 AM

Jan 2009
reminder why japanese arts like anime usually have rush ending https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo-ha-ky%C5%AB

thats a nice ending lots of Imaishi direction or storyboards there im sure too (Kanada School of animation)

well they added master race (mirrors white supremacist in real life?) or pure blood as superior

but in the end mixed race or hybrid like Ginro is the actual better one heh that includes mixed race like Michiru and Nazuna

the implication of that multiculturalism in the end too though with humans and beastmen living together in the city but still cultural assimilation will happen so that cultural conflict will lessen every generation until that multiculturalism is no more

and oh the biggest political idea was give people the right to choose what they want

lol Imaishi referencing his magnum opus Gurren Lagann and ye episode 5 the full Imaishi episode is the best of the show

degMay 7, 2020 5:42 AM
May 7, 2020 4:41 AM
Sep 2017
I liked the show quite a bit. Definitely would've been better if it was longer so it could flesh out its ideas a bit more before jumping into the climax of the show, but the show overall has some pretty interesting ideas and definitely some of the best animation of the year. I'm not sure how I feel about the Alan twist or the miracle serum but the ending overall wasn't bad.

7/10? 7.5/10? idk right now
May 7, 2020 4:52 AM
Nov 2018
The second half felt very rushed, of course something new had to be introduced in the last episode.
May 7, 2020 5:07 AM

Nov 2019
The guy who makes the subs is fucking sonic
👉👌
May 7, 2020 5:21 AM

Jan 2020
This show ended on a cliche battle scene and shallow note. The unjust society we had at first is quickly replaced with this ongoing scheme of coercing beastman into humans, and the antagonist is pretty cliche and a really weak aspiration such as saying pure-bred are beings superior to inferior mixed breed. This show isn't really worth your time tbh as everything is so cliche and predictable, but if your a brain-dead normie who is oblivious to usual garbage content then this might suit your valley. Also I don't get why a pure-bred is superior to a mix-bred, aren't pure-breds more vulnerable to inherited diseases???
KatoWorksMay 7, 2020 5:41 AM
May 7, 2020 5:40 AM
May 2015
pmso said:
I'm waiting for the aliens and space battle.
It can't be a Trigger anime without a final in space fighting aliens

Just watched the last episode! I was surprised there weren't any aliens.
May 7, 2020 6:01 AM
Sep 2017
I think this show pretty much encapsulates the 7/10 rating, good but not great. Still though, fairly decent and I really like the character designs
May 7, 2020 6:26 AM

Jan 2014
This would've been an amazing anime if they had 20-24 episodes instead of 12. With certain plot points just being thrown away, or rushed to the point it felt like nothing truly progressed or was learned. While if they had more episodes, I'm sure they could've added more details and drama towards it to make it better.

Still a great show. First six episodes were great, next 5 was a bit iffy, while still being good. But last ep was pretty lit.
May 7, 2020 7:20 AM
Jan 2020
Meh ending, not even because its rushed but because of the cliches.
My favourite episode was 11 because stuff was getting a bit more gritty and complex, it seemed like there was a conflict and the villain (alan) and shirou were both taking stances that you could reason, but alas, in the end, we get another bleak supremacist that just wants to use everyone to his own ends because he feels superior and the good oppressed underdog that saves everything with the power of love/friendship/getting angry. It breaks any sort of suspension of disbelief because of how one sided and uncreative those villains are. Not to mention with how preachy the show is, they shouldnt be putting things in such simple terms, but its whatever, we just need good villains and stories that make sense finally. All in all a pretty average show. Nice artstyle though.
May 7, 2020 7:25 AM

Nov 2016
Idol getting sexually harassed by management, nothing new.

BNA wasn't really outstanding, but at least it managed to be consistently fun throughout and the finale was indeed typical trigger stuff, ergo fire.

6,5/10 rounded up to a 7/10 because of the obligatory Gurren Lagann. Always gets a smile on my face.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2020 7:38 AM
May 2019
Do you think we'll have more episodes in the future?
May 7, 2020 7:45 AM
Jan 2018
So, is this the last episode?
May 7, 2020 7:56 AM

Jan 2018
wasnt as rushed as i thought it would be tbh, still a bit rushed but very enjoyable, fantastic animation as expected, and i loved the soundtrack.
really wish it was 24 episodes but cant have everything i guess :/
May 7, 2020 8:37 AM

Mar 2017
Looks like trigger has some problems with pacing again. It felt so rushed, but I still kinda liked it. 7.5/10 for me
May 7, 2020 8:52 AM
Jul 2016
I know Alan ended up being a shallow villian, but since when have pharmaceutical CEOs been anything but shallow villains, LOL.
May 7, 2020 8:53 AM

Mar 2016
Really? That's it? No explanation with the whole origins of beastmen?
No true sense of everything solved? No more questions addressed or answered?

Idk about the character development if they was any, and if there was, it was at the last moment because the script decided to just toss everything into the bag.

This over-the-top ending would've looked so much better if the whole story up to this point made more sense of itself instead of meandering around before trying to get serious at the last moment only to have it look like a flaming pile of nonsense.

Wtf. Everything that made the series what it is at the beginning was just tossed aside in favor of some nonsensical or "last moment insertion" presentation.

This is why you don't trust Netflix with handling anime, especially anime-original stuff.
May 7, 2020 10:21 AM

Mar 2016
shiranaitori said:
Ryuseishun said:
Really? That's it? No explanation with the whole origins of beastmen?
No true sense of everything solved? No more questions addressed or answered?

Idk about the character development if they was any, and if there was, it was at the last moment because the script decided to just toss everything into the bag.

This over-the-top ending would've looked so much better if the whole story up to this point made more sense of itself instead of meandering around before trying to get serious at the last moment only to have it look like a flaming pile of nonsense.

Wtf. Everything that made the series what it is at the beginning was just tossed aside in favor of some nonsensical or "last moment insertion" presentation.

This is why you don't trust Netflix with handling anime, especially anime-original stuff.

I'm not a fan of Netflix but I'll blame only Trigger for this rushed conclusion until they say something like: "We wanted to make a 24-episodes long anime but Netflix forced us into make it 12-episodes long so we couldn't make the anime that we wanted."

Yea, you have a point. Trigger still had the authority despite the show being bought by Netflix in the first place. They were still in charge of the overall script.
May 7, 2020 10:46 AM
Jul 2016
So, Is BNA finished with 12 eps? Haven’t started the last 6 eps yet.
May 7, 2020 10:51 AM

Jan 2015
This needed 24 episodes. Could have been way better and more memorable
May 7, 2020 10:53 AM
May 2019
What is this ending? Don't make this the ending.
May 7, 2020 11:42 AM

Apr 2018
I would really like a second season of this, answering the questions that weren't touched. I really like this series, despite not using their (Trigger's) full hidden gem they had in hand
May 7, 2020 12:16 PM

Oct 2014
That's it?

Trigger played it safe this time. They introduced many interesting themes, especially political ones, then did nothing with them. Throughout the show, the only characters who developed noticeably were Michiru and Nazuna. I'm glad Nazuna realized she was being groomed to become a figurehead for the cult.

If Sylvasta was a beastman all along, I can't comprehend why he would build a beastman city only to destroy it. He said he has been in control of humans behind the scenes for generations, so why didn't he coerce the government into revoking all beastmen rights? He could have done this in a much simpler way, but without these wild motives and his apparent insanity, there wouldn't be a plot I suppose.

This show had a lot going for it, the music was amazing, the animation was fluid, and the storyboards were beautiful, but it was all spoiled by lazy writing.

4/10
May 7, 2020 2:13 PM

Feb 2020
Season 2? Maybe possibly... need to get the answers for a lot of this shit. decent ep, this ended so fast a little rushed eh? and pretty good show overall the second half not as great still enjoyable. still need the arc where they protest to be called beast beings cause not all beast are man cause thats the true injustice In this show... oh that wasn’t funny I’m sorry Ill be taking my leave

May 7, 2020 2:38 PM
Oct 2019
Promare for furries
May 7, 2020 2:39 PM

Jan 2019
fuckgendo said:
It is called Kissanime... xd

May 7, 2020 2:47 PM
Mar 2015
Howl saves the world
May 7, 2020 2:51 PM
Apr 2016
Weeeeeeeeell cool story Rick but I wanted something to burst through the dimensions and matter and essence. But a great story, nevertheless. Now, if only Trigger let me know when is the next time I can expect something... a masterpiece.
Re:formed
May 7, 2020 3:35 PM
Jul 2019
I haven't seen too many trigger works, but I have seen Promare, and when Sylvasta turned into the giant 3 headed wolf, I thought to myself: "wow why am I not surprised that he pulled a Kray Foresight"

Typical Trigger. Still a great episode and a great series.

I'm just a bit confused by the question mark where the episode amount is supposed to be. It is confirmed to be a 12 episode show, but am I missing something? Or did MAL just not update it yet?
May 7, 2020 4:51 PM

Apr 2015
Nazuna giving Boris a punch to the face, satisfying!!! What a creep!!

In the end, Michiru and Nazuna hold the cure in their blood all this time and even Alan failed to notice this?

Animacity was saved! Action was quite nice! In all honestly, the reveal of Alan also being a beastmen was surprising! Definitely a Trigger ending, which is a shame!

Overall, really good show, really enjoyed it! 8/10
I like Michiru and Shirou a lot! They are both great in their own ways! The music was pretty dope, really love the OP/ED! But it sadly wasted so much potential in only making it 12 episodes long.
May 7, 2020 4:56 PM

Jan 2009
Eleris18 said:

I'm just a bit confused by the question mark where the episode amount is supposed to be. It is confirmed to be a 12 episode show, but am I missing something? Or did MAL just not update it yet?

MAL database is now updated to reflect that
May 7, 2020 5:42 PM
Feb 2020
I loved that Kill la Kill-esque speech near the end and I kind of found everybody howling at the end funny as hell. I really like the soundtrack of this show, especially the ending. The twist that Alan was a true Beastman was cool, and I didn't see it coming. I just thought he wanted everybody to be human, but he wanted to be the only powerful Beastman and get rid of the "hybrids."
May 7, 2020 5:46 PM

Jan 2009
DAD5D said:
I loved that Kill la Kill-esque speech near the end and I kind of found everybody howling at the end funny as hell. I really like the soundtrack of this show, especially the ending. The twist that Alan was a true Beastman was cool, and I didn't see it coming. I just thought he wanted everybody to be human, but he wanted to be the only powerful Beastman and get rid of the "hybrids."

leader of the beast (wolf) pack man
May 7, 2020 8:36 PM
May 2020
This show is amazing! I liked how awesome Shirou and Michiro are. Especialy when Michiro did an awesome speech (despite Alan being uninterested), and she saving everyone with her powers. I hope there'll be a season 2. They already planning with Gridman. I hope there'll be lots of episdes and we can get to see Michiro's family. Flip and Nina, and many more interesting characters.
May 7, 2020 8:51 PM

Jul 2015
I keep watching Trigger anime expecting something good like Gurren Lagann and I keep getting disappointments. It's not a problem with animation, OST... it's always writing.

They really should consider doing what KyoAni did with Violet Evergarden. Just buy a script from an independent writer you feel it's good enough.

May 7, 2020 9:32 PM

Oct 2012
At least I laughed at the "To us, anyone who feeds us when we're hungry is considered a god" (but seriously why are they making starvation and poverty a joke? I really thought the whole slums arc was literally to show how poverty is awful... The baseball episode was for nothing) and at the "I'm a mink!". Oh, the "I hope you're glad I'm a criminal" was pretty funny too.

But hey, actually, if you think about it, every little thing was for nothing. This plot makes no sense. They pulled of Michiru's blood, Oogami's howl, Nazuno's caretaker a beastman snake and the freaking golden wolf with three heads in a *single episode*. Through the whole last episode the anime still couldn't decide if it wanted to be serious or funny... And it ended up just being this silly thing, and a huge disappointment.

Michiru's last discourse for equality was pretty... But it just made me go "Was *this* what this anime was going on about?" because it *could have* if it wanted too, but it clearly didn't... Or just got absolutely lost in the way.

Wasn't it said that Ginrou couldn't fly? Then he was flying in the last episode. I mean, they couldn't even decide on those little things... A complete mess. What the hell were those super powers at the end? Anyway, huge disappointment... Really weird stuff. I think it's either a 4 or a 5 for me... A 4 I guess.
MaahHeimMay 7, 2020 9:40 PM
May 7, 2020 11:36 PM

May 2013
I just blink then it just became a battle of Wolf Gods
May 8, 2020 12:20 AM

Jul 2017
AdrianRubinsky said:
I keep watching Trigger anime expecting something good like Gurren Lagann and I keep getting disappointments. It's not a problem with animation, OST... it's always writing.

They really should consider doing what KyoAni did with Violet Evergarden. Just buy a script from an independent writer you feel it's good enough.
That would've been one of the best decisions, honestly.

In the end, Michiru (and Nazuna) are not placeholder characters, but are the key to solving the Animacity outbreak (with their blood transfusion). What kind of blatant character writing is this...

The ONLY plot now: save the rest of the stable beastmen from shallow villain Alan Sylvasta's plans, with bombastic Imaishi-like levels of animation and very cliche storywriting that reminds me much of any horrible ending that makes me seriously irk the amount of time and energy put into shows that have good impressions that come up short.

Used to laugh at Jackie's way of selling comedy, but bringing it at this time just isn't enough. And saving everyone through Oogami's howling...yeah, what a way to etch in the "saviour of Anima-city, Ginrou-sama" philosophy that everyone oh so idolizes.

In the end, all's well that ends well as expected of any ending that's like this.

Overall, excellent on all fronts for being Trigger-ish, but seriously, the elephant in the room is Kazuki Nakashima and his writing. Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann and Promare were alright with decent endings, but BNA must've been his NEWEST low.

Impressive start...for a disastrous ending. 4/10
KANLen09May 8, 2020 2:46 AM
May 8, 2020 1:39 AM

Oct 2019
Bruh that was kinda disappointing I really enjoyed the first few episodes.

Overall a 7/10, no furry lesbians DansGame.
May 8, 2020 4:57 AM

Dec 2013
I really enjoyed the focus on societal pressures and discrimination of beastmen, it's a sly way of talking about difficult themes without it being too on the nose.

7/10 nice sound and art

Why is this listed as 13 eps tho
May 8, 2020 6:31 AM
Oct 2019
BNA is my least favourite Trigger show. All the episodes feel very rushed , making no room for character development . The only thing i like about this show the music which said a lot cause i never really liked music in a Trigger show.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BNA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - May 5, 2020

69 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 6:58 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

60 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 6:57 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 9 Discussion

47 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 6:56 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 8 Discussion

46 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by Nopillows25 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.