Forum Settings
Forums

Smartphone Game 'King's Raid' Gets TV Anime for Fall 2020

New
May 1, 2020 12:12 AM
Jun 2016
An official website for a TV anime adaptation of King's Raid, a role-playing smartphone game created by South Korean developer Vespa, was announced on Friday. The anime will air under the title King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi in Fall 2020. The series will follow a story different from the original game and feature new characters.

Synopsis
It's been 100 years since King Kyle buried Ang Mundo. Now in a time of peace, the apprentice knight Carsel enjoys his life without worry. His fate begins to change, however, with news of demon appearances infesting the neighborhood. Guided by a wise man, Carsel finds friends he can rely on and sets off on his mission to seek a holy sword, capable of slaying his newfound enemies.

Cast
Carsel: Kaito Ishikawa (Boku no Hero Academia)
Frey: Ai Kakuma (Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou)
Cleo: Ari Ozawa (BanG Dream! 2nd Season)
Roy: Kengo Kawanishi (3-gatsu no Lion)

Staff
Director: Makoto Hoshino (Dame x Prince Anime Caravan)
Series Composition: Megumi Shimizu (Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Arai Tatsuya (BanG Dream! animation director)
Monster Design: Yuu Yoshiyama (Shichisei no Subaru animation director)
Art Director: Shigemi Ikeda (One Punch Man), Yukiko Maruyama (Yakusoku no Neverland)
Color Design: Makiko Kojima (Seikoku no Dragonar)
Director of Photography: Takeshi Hirooka (Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki)
Editing: Naoki Watanabe (Bakumatsu)
Music: Masahiro Tokuda (Juushinki Pandora)
Sound Director: Takatoshi Hamano (Somali to Mori no Kamisama)
Studio: OLM, Sunrise Beyond

The original smartphone game was released worldwide in February 2017 and currently has over 13 million downloads.

Teaser

Official site: https://www.anime-kings-raid.com/
Official Twitter: @kingsraid_anime

Source: animate Times

King's Raid: Ishi wo Tsugumono-tachi on MAL
VindstotJul 26, 2020 10:29 PM
May 1, 2020 12:59 AM

Dec 2014
I think this looks pretty good I will give this a few episodes when it is released and see what happens.
May 1, 2020 1:09 AM

Mar 2014
Not bad but let's see a bit more
May 1, 2020 3:43 AM

Mar 2013
Well, I didn't play (was planed, but I stick further in the PotK world though...) the game yet, but I heard from the community a lot positive credits about the game (gameplay, story, etc.) - I'll sure sometime with the game start if the time (and urge) allowes.

So I think, it could be decent adapation. I looking forward then...
May 1, 2020 6:32 AM
Apr 2016
Yes, yes... looks like a piece of digital litter. At least according to the trailer. Nothing out of the ordinary, alas.
Re:formed
May 1, 2020 8:27 AM

Aug 2015
Yet another fucking ISEKAI.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

May 1, 2020 11:54 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
SirLezard said:

What about this synopsis indicates that it's another isekai anime?
No I'm not an isekai fan before you ask
May 1, 2020 12:42 PM

Feb 2011
Ohh I'm excited, though it's been a while since I played. I just worry it'll be a shallow adaptation...
眠れないのは君のせい
May 1, 2020 12:54 PM

Aug 2010
Not super interested, but wondering if it can keep the Fall date.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 1, 2020 4:51 PM

Aug 2015
Fario-P said:
SirLezard said:

What about this synopsis indicates that it's another isekai anime?
No I'm not an isekai fan before you ask

Blindness to sarcasm is your path I see.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

May 1, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2016
It looks generic asf. The studio is looking to be mediocre. This project is secondary for them from the visuals alone. With anime's getting delayed, this one looks questionable.

May 7, 2020 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
quit this game because it was p2w garbage, guess that money from the whales is going towards something OMEGALUL
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
May 23, 2020 11:09 AM
Apr 2019
zanahorowa said:
quit this game because it was p2w garbage, guess that money from the whales is going towards something OMEGALUL

Wym p2w lmao, all you need to do is follow the events, this game is by far the most friendly f2p gacha games out there, not to mention it doesnt rly have a lot of RNGs, and all heroes can easily be obtained for free, free of rng too.
Jun 1, 2020 12:49 AM

Apr 2013
Joe02 said:
zanahorowa said:

Wym p2w lmao, all you need to do is follow the events, this game is by far the most friendly f2p gacha games out there, not to mention it doesnt rly have a lot of RNGs, and all heroes can easily be obtained for free, free of rng too.

Keep in mind that this was two years ago that I quit, so this information may be outdated, but here's my take:

The heroes aren't gacha, but the weapons/treasures are, and they're often needed to make a hero actually function because they're an extension of the hero's kit. Roi for instance has an S3 that instantly recharges after consuming all stacks of bleed on a target, and it's his DPS skill, so him being able to inflict bleed seems integral right? His S1 inflicts bleed, but that's slow, his auto-attacks need to inflict bleed so he can quickly spam S3. His UW is what gives him that auto-attack bleed, otherwise he won't be able to do so. It gives not only more stats than regular weapons, but is an integral part of his kit that significantly increases his DPS. That's why they're the gacha. The heroes are often the shell, they need the UW/UT to actually function. And if they don't have an integral UW, their UTs are usually what greatly increase their potential.

Progress is staggered out but accelerated heavily if you pay up, and PvP/Damage Leaderboards necessitate that, thereby making playing competitively heavily P2W. You can eventually work your way up, very slowly, with F2P resources, but it'll take an exorbitantly large amount of time. You are honestly better off playing some other gacha, because this game is 90% auto/farming macros daily to slowly chip your way towards having one hero that can compete with whales. Last time I played Chapter 8 (the fire level I think?) was the last chapter added, so I don't know how difficulty has scaled since then, but PvE was doable with the heroes I had. I didn't need UW/UTs at 5* merged to make my way through the hardest difficulty at the time. The difficulty did spike there though, so I imagine that after that is getting into P2W territory.

Like, hell. I play FGO for crying out loud. One of the most notoriously greedy gachas out there, and there I can at least grind up and "complete" servants in a reasonable amount of time. In King's Raid, the grind for one unit is endless, while in FGO I have a whole library of completed servants.
meltenvyJun 1, 2020 12:59 AM
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Jun 27, 2020 11:41 AM
Apr 2019
zanahorowa said:
Joe02 said:

Keep in mind that this was two years ago that I quit, so this information may be outdated, but here's my take:

The heroes aren't gacha, but the weapons/treasures are, and they're often needed to make a hero actually function because they're an extension of the hero's kit. Roi for instance has an S3 that instantly recharges after consuming all stacks of bleed on a target, and it's his DPS skill, so him being able to inflict bleed seems integral right? His S1 inflicts bleed, but that's slow, his auto-attacks need to inflict bleed so he can quickly spam S3. His UW is what gives him that auto-attack bleed, otherwise he won't be able to do so. It gives not only more stats than regular weapons, but is an integral part of his kit that significantly increases his DPS. That's why they're the gacha. The heroes are often the shell, they need the UW/UT to actually function. And if they don't have an integral UW, their UTs are usually what greatly increase their potential.

Progress is staggered out but accelerated heavily if you pay up, and PvP/Damage Leaderboards necessitate that, thereby making playing competitively heavily P2W. You can eventually work your way up, very slowly, with F2P resources, but it'll take an exorbitantly large amount of time. You are honestly better off playing some other gacha, because this game is 90% auto/farming macros daily to slowly chip your way towards having one hero that can compete with whales. Last time I played Chapter 8 (the fire level I think?) was the last chapter added, so I don't know how difficulty has scaled since then, but PvE was doable with the heroes I had. I didn't need UW/UTs at 5* merged to make my way through the hardest difficulty at the time. The difficulty did spike there though, so I imagine that after that is getting into P2W territory.

Like, hell. I play FGO for crying out loud. One of the most notoriously greedy gachas out there, and there I can at least grind up and "complete" servants in a reasonable amount of time. In King's Raid, the grind for one unit is endless, while in FGO I have a whole library of completed servants.

I've played since the start of the game's release, on and off, and yes, long time ago those chapters battles are insanely hard, but right now it isnt hard at all, i finished all 9 chapters in under 24 hours (with the help of my alt account, but even if i didnt use my alt, prolly finished it in about 2-3days) my point is, it's not p2w as they have a lot of events here and there which u can get all those UT and UW for free, also only DPS heroes are usually UW/UT reliant, and not all of the DPS heroes needs it at a very high star level anyway.

at the grand scheme of things KR is not p2w (depends on what p2w means to u) because you can easily finish all the story and other contents, but if you want to get like top 1 in arena, world boss, ur gonna compete with whales ofc.
Aug 13, 2020 5:03 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Do you guys think Dreamcatcher or any kpop groups will be able to sing the OP/ED? Really love Deja Vu.... but I doubt they'd use it again since there's a new musical director?

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
51 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
57 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
12 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.