Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2020 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
Tougen said:
YururuY said:

you cant judge shit after season 1
thats like 78 chapters

here's a major spoiler, 1 panel
"baam is such a simp", anyone who says that btw is a simp themselves, these people are so cringe and understand nothing about fiction, storytelling, characters and dictionary definitions

I think you are way too butt hurt over a character, and you need to look for that word's definition before spitting it.

not true in the slightest

you are like a 5 year old child who doesn't know the hell he is saying
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Simp

here
educate urself
and if you think baam is or ever was a simp at all, even in the first chapter
then ur IQ is like below 10
May 1, 2020 2:19 PM

Nov 2018
YururuY said:
Tougen said:

I think you are way too butt hurt over a character, and you need to look for that word's definition before spitting it.

not true in the slightest

you are like a 5 year old child who doesn't know the hell he is saying
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Simp

here
educate urself
and if you think baam is or ever was a simp at all, even in the first chapter
then ur IQ is like below 10

See peoples? this is the level of someone who fanboys for this show.
May 1, 2020 2:25 PM
Dec 2018
LordDaiki said:
I honestly think he is. So far, I’ve watched 5 episodes (without reading the Manhwa) and he hasn’t done anything but simp for Rachel. He has no other motivation for climbing the tower, which really bothers me for some reason. So what do you guys think of Bam, as well as the other characters, that would be nice!

Well for me a lot of the interest in the show is what is at the top of the tower but Bam's goal is just to find Rachael so the problem there is that we don't give a sh*t about her
May 1, 2020 3:57 PM
May 2018
If he wasnt in entire series for now only talking Rachel and Rachel . It would be good
May 1, 2020 5:02 PM
May 2019
Inferno792 said:
LordDaiki said:

What really irritates me is the fact that people use the dumb excuse that “it gets good after chapter(blank). So what you’re telling me is that I basically have to waste my time reading/watching the trash part of the show and just be patient on when the manhwa “apparently” improves? That’s a huge risk to take on the author and most people nowadays are easy to judge a series based off of one season/episode. And if the series doesn’t pick up, it will lose a lot of viewers when s2 comes out.

Nobody told you to waste your time. Just drop it already if you find it boring.

I don’t drop series I started, so that’s not gonna happen.
May 2, 2020 12:06 AM
Mar 2015
I mean yeah...he’s a boring character.

Tbh, season 1 of TOG to me seems to focus on the tower and the side characters more because it relates to things that will be important to the plot. But you need to be at least lenient on Bam...I feel like so many people keeps forgetting that he literally lived under a rock.

As a result of that, he is going to have NO personality. The reason why he’s obsessed with Rachel was because she’s the only person he knows. She taught him most stuff such as reading, writing, etc.

Lol...I mean I know your annoyed at Bam because I was too but you need to remember that he really doesn’t know who he is and why he even lived under a rock. All he knows is Rachel because you can say in sense is that she “saved” him in a way. But he’s not going to be like this all the time. He’ll get character development but it’s gradual. But your annoyance for Bam is understandable lol.
May 2, 2020 3:37 AM

Jan 2015
LordDaiki said:
Inferno792 said:

Nobody told you to waste your time. Just drop it already if you find it boring.

I don’t drop series I started, so that’s not gonna happen.

So you shouldn't complain saying "You're telling me to waste my time reading/watching the trash part of the show".

Nobody told you that. You decided to not drop it.
May 2, 2020 4:44 AM
Oct 2016
I love Tower of God, I also like the anime as a reader but i think most people dont get crucial things.

I think it is pretty easy to explain why Bam is searching for Rachel without spoiling anything. Rachel is not like his love interest or something, its more like a mother for him. He didnt got a reason to live at all but Rachel give him this reason. And he is like an animal in this regard. He just want to be with her. But dont forget he knows nothing of the outside world or something. He only knows this cave and then Rachel and now I am coming to my next part.
Bam is an empty bottle. He doesnt have friends, dont even know what live and death means. He only got on desire that is to find Rachel, the only living being he is knowing so far and someone who gave him light.
I think its more or less natural behaviour.
And this empty bottle is filling day after day, chapter after chapter and episode after episode. He will get an proper character with own desires not restricted to Rachel. Maybe he even knows what friendship is. Maybe he wants vengeance.
I can tell for sure, he is also doing things what you wouldnt describe as " a good person would do this". And i think there is where ToG shines. There is no real evil or good, there are just reasons. And Bam will follow later his own selfish reason.
But yes Bam is an empty but slowly filling bottle.

If you cant bear with it now, you wont do it later. At the beginning the story is designed like you know nothing like Bam. It will change later, but i found it really enjoyable.
May 4, 2020 1:59 PM

May 2016
He has absolutely no personality and his motivation is dog shit, but that is the point. Tower of God contrasts Bam's blank-canvas naivety, dog shit motivation and immense power with the regulars who aren't naive, who hold strong and righteous motivations, but are nevertheless weak and will probably die in the tower. This is one of the shows/webtoons' most consistent themes, that you can't always get what you want regardless of how righteousness your actions may be, and that life is unfair.

Additionally, Bam's naivety is built up throughout this season and should culminate in a certain plot-twist in the season finale. Personally, I didn't think much of the series until said plot-twist came up in the webtoon and it made me go "Ohhh so that is where this webtoon is going" as it sets up the direction of the story for the rest of the series. Bam is a dynamic protagonist unlike the protags in the shounen you listed (except for Eren in later episodes of AOT), so the Bam you see now is extremely different to the Bam in later seasons.

Also, saying that the 'Tower of God' is just a tower is like saying that the Abyss in 'Made in Abyss' is just a hole. There is a lot more going on than what meets the eye and if you came to the show with the desire to be fed all the lore within the first four episodes than you have come to the wrong place. The source material for 'Tower of God' is longer than that of 'HunterXHunter' so don't suspect that all your questions will be answered so soon.

P.S. I am not completely up to date with the Webtoon.
May 4, 2020 5:33 PM

Jul 2015
i understand the sentiment. right now is probably the "worst" of it all, in the sense that it only goes up from here on out. he definitely gets better, but still retains some of the characteristics that we see in him right now.

caught in the wonder
May 5, 2020 10:46 PM
Oct 2015
SpeedRoidGenm said:
He has absolutely no personality and his motivation is dog shit, but that is the point. Tower of God contrasts Bam's blank-canvas naivety, dog shit motivation and immense power with the regulars who aren't naive, who hold strong and righteous motivations, but are nevertheless weak and will probably die in the tower. This is one of the shows/webtoons' most consistent themes, that you can't always get what you want regardless of how righteousness your actions may be, and that life is unfair.

Additionally, Bam's naivety is built up throughout this season and should culminate in a certain plot-twist in the season finale. Personally, I didn't think much of the series until said plot-twist came up in the webtoon and it made me go "Ohhh so that is where this webtoon is going" as it sets up the direction of the story for the rest of the series. Bam is a dynamic protagonist unlike the protags in the shounen you listed (except for Eren in later episodes of AOT), so the Bam you see now is extremely different to the Bam in later seasons.

Also, saying that the 'Tower of God' is just a tower is like saying that the Abyss in 'Made in Abyss' is just a hole. There is a lot more going on than what meets the eye and if you came to the show with the desire to be fed all the lore within the first four episodes than you have come to the wrong place. The source material for 'Tower of God' is longer than that of 'HunterXHunter' so don't suspect that all your questions will be answered so soon.

P.S. I am not completely up to date with the Webtoon.

wait but i thought you hated tog according to your previous posts, did you change your mind or something?
also i see you've changed your name for some reason
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

336 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

591 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 3:12 AM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

16 by Madhukar13g »»
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

459 by TayWilliams »»
Mar 7, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

456 by Kira_ga_Kiru »»
Feb 23, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.