Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2020 3:30 PM

Aug 2012
This was one of the only manwha I've read, and it had been a great adaptation so far. But this last episode was pretty lame I think, it may just be a detail but I think making him a ridiculous amount of shinsou like that instead of just maintaining what the original did was pretty silly. Unnecessary cliche troupe i think.
Apr 29, 2020 3:32 PM
Mar 2020
-Stray said:
Ok, now I'm starting to see where the hype boils down to... the mystery around this MC, his potential, I see the pattern, indeed very shounen like, I'm beginning to dig this now.
Also I'm a lil loss with the Rachel hate thingy going around especially making a meme of calling the MC a simp.. what exactly makes him one? from my PoV Rachel wants to do something so she does it, albeit not in the best way since she does leave Baam but she is under no obligation to stay with him, they are just friends right? friends leave, not everyone is willing to stay with you. Baam is just way too emotionally attached to her because she was literally the only friend he's ever had and doesnt want to do anything other than being with her. I'm pretty keen to these stuffs but really I can't seem to understand the hate Rachel is getting animewise, am I missing something?
Also was MC about to kill red chik? from how he was shown, being the killy type was the last thing I thought he'd be, maybe he just got triggered because she almost killed Rachel to the point of being slicey? I dunno man did this really happen? feels out of place.

Most of them read the Webtoon so they know what happens. As for the anime ones it's probably because she answered "YES" when Androssi asked if she could kill everyone. (this was a stupid change only in the anime).
Yeah, he was about to kill the red chick. (another stupid change in the anime).
I call them stupid changes because they make no sense.

Apr 29, 2020 3:43 PM

Jul 2014
ZiLi20gr said:

Most of them read the Webtoon so they know what happens. As for the anime ones it's probably because she answered "YES" when Androssi asked if she could kill everyone. (this was a stupid change only in the anime).

Now I'm really curious to what makes them hate her so much, at least from what I've seen in the anime I don't see her as a bitch, at least not yet. Her answer to Androssi was normal, she's determined from the looks of it. I think it comes down to people just feel bad for the MC cause he's still invested in her while the other side isn't as much.

Knew that felt out of place/out of chara, Baam is the nice type, he was never implied to be the stabby/slicey nor killy type character until this ep when it randomly just happened.
Apr 29, 2020 3:45 PM

Aug 2019
The Rachel team and their fights seemed pretty anticlimatic and Bam is bland as ever. Again, Khun was the highlight of this episode with his cunning plans, his moments with Bam and he looks hot in a ponytail ;) I really like Lero ro too. But Rachel is still very mysterious and we have quite a few unanswered questions.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Apr 29, 2020 3:48 PM

Nov 2013
Why did they "Japanize" the ending so much???
Bam didn't go "Super Saiyan" - disintegrating a crown - He merely affected a small area around himself and Rachel, hurting the girl in latex (lol) in the process; thus revealing that he's the wave-controller - like the always-sleepy guy.
As if this wasn't edgy enough, he picked up a sword, IN RAGE, and was about to KILL the said girl! Wtf? Bam - a killer? Why???

P.S Bam got knocked out cold after a pole to the head lol. What's with the ridiculous amounts of blood lol. RiP.
Sigmar-UnberogenApr 29, 2020 4:13 PM
Apr 29, 2020 3:51 PM
Mar 2020
-Stray said:
ZiLi20gr said:

Now I'm really curious to what makes them hate her so much, at least from what I've seen in the anime I don't see her as a bitch, at least not yet. Her answer to Androssi was normal, she's determined from the looks of it. I think it comes down to people just feel bad for the MC cause he's still invested in her while the other side isn't as much.

Knew that felt out of place/out of chara, Baam is the nice type, he was never implied to be the stabby/slicey nor killy type character until this ep when it randomly just happened.

Let's just say that things are "complicated".
There's many twists in the story. As for reasons to hate Rachel? HEH!
ZiLi20grApr 29, 2020 3:56 PM
Apr 29, 2020 3:56 PM

Jul 2014
ZiLi20gr said:

The idea was that you aren't supposed to know her character untill the end of season 1 because.... Let's just say that things are "complicated".
There's many twists in the story. As for reasons to hate Rachel? HEH!

I am getting really tempted to ask for spoilers regarding that but I must resist. Once the anime finishes I'll go straight to reading this.
Apr 29, 2020 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
-Stray said:
Ok, now I'm starting to see where the hype boils down to... the mystery around this MC, his potential, I see the pattern, indeed very shounen like, I'm beginning to dig this now.
Also I'm a lil loss with the Rachel hate thingy going around especially making a meme of calling the MC a simp.. what exactly makes him one? from my PoV Rachel wants to do something so she does it, albeit not in the best way since she does leave Baam but she is under no obligation to stay with him, they are just friends right? friends leave, not everyone is willing to stay with you. Baam is just way too emotionally attached to her because she was literally the only friend he's ever had and doesnt want to do anything other than being with her. I'm pretty keen to these stuffs but really I can't seem to understand the hate Rachel is getting animewise, am I missing something?
Also was MC about to kill red chik? from how he was shown, being the killy type was the last thing I thought he'd be, maybe he just got triggered because she almost killed Rachel to the point of being slicey? I dunno man did this really happen? feels out of place.

Yes Yes and Yes.
"maybe he just got triggered because she almost killed Rachel to the point of being slicey?" If you remember there is a scene in episode 2 where Rachel is talking to Bam about hate and fighting. Rachel asks "If someone were to hurt me you fight them right?"
Apr 29, 2020 4:03 PM

May 2015
HueyLion said:
KorhalChild said:

Well, it's not like I'll drop the show just because of some annoying character. It's just that she's the only female character I dislike, but because she's a main character we'll see more of her and she'll have more development than other female characters way more interesting than her, like Yuri and Anaak

Not talk to him even when he called out for her? I'm not just talking about this episode though, it's more about her character in general. I know the author wants to sell her as some kind of mysterious character but she just comes out as an asshole. I like Yuri way more as a character but because she's not a participant I'm sure we aren't going to see much of her but some glimpses here and there like in this episode, sadly.

Uuuh can you keep your personal opnions to yourself about a certain character. Anime fans have hardly seen anything yet that shows Rachel to be a "Bitch", yet I feel somewhat spoiled by your reaction.

First of all, I'm anime only too and I've seen enough about her to dislike her. It seems you didn't read my first post. Second, why can people opine here about the anime but not about the characters? As far as I know they're part of the anime.
Apr 29, 2020 4:22 PM

Apr 2009
Ughh one of the many and repeating cringe-worthy scenes in Tower of God. *sigh"

No Urek, it's still not your time to shine! We'll just have a glimpse at your glorified back tattoos.

...and now back to Tower politics. *more sighing*
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 29, 2020 4:28 PM

Jun 2013
this is getting intense by the episode
Apr 29, 2020 4:29 PM
Apr 2020
the hype is real urek mazino
Apr 29, 2020 4:31 PM

Sep 2011
KorhalChild said:
Rachel is a bitch. I hate her character so much. If anyone read the manwha, please tell me these questions get answered. Why go so far as to betray Bam, who only had her and nobody else in his life? Why even befriend him if she was going to betray him anyway? Was he something like a pet for her? Does she get better further into the story or is she still a bitch?

They get answered, and you'll hate her character 100x more.

Apr 29, 2020 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
Dont have much to say. Pretty average as always 3/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2020 4:40 PM
Jun 2017
Yes!!! Bam and rachel saw each other again... I love that crown game. Yeah
Apr 29, 2020 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
I see that the shinsoo explosion got some people riled up. Honestly, I like it better than the webtoon's solution. Yes, I liked something better in an anime adaptation than in the original, bite me.

So, the webtoon handled it with a small cut and the everyone lost their shit over how it was against against the rules and whatnot and I remember being really, REALLY confused what's the big deal about this and why is this against the rules, when we have literal battle-royale deathmatch in like the 5th chapter. Then we had Yuri and co explain some of it, which felt... forced, since the things they said was supposed to basic information for them, so why talk about it? (Like, to give an infodump to the reader, by why the characters themselves would talk about it, outside of meta reasons?) And then a couple chapters later, during the patch selection thing, pretty much the whole thing got explained AGAIN. And I still didn't really get why was the whole incident such a major deal, but I decided to stop caring and just rolled with it. Only rereading the 1st season after the 2nd was I like "oh, yeah, NOW I get it".

Doing the whole explosion allows the anime to SHOW instead of TELLING that oh yeah, this was some serious shit. Also, this means that now that the visuals alone convey the impact of the scene, we don't need to explain it right away and can have the detailed shinsoo explanations in the patch selection arc, where it makes qa ton more sense (vets explaining it newbies, instead of people knowing all about talking about it for no reason). Oh, and we avoid a 4-5 min scene where people just sit and talk plot exposition, which is always a good thing in my view.

Bam getting up afterwards and downright attacking was silly, though I can get behind it as a way to show killing intent, that was only, again, talked about in the webtoon. Show don't tell and all that. I REALLY don't like how the Black March could just stop time. Being able to mess with the flow of time is possibly the most godlike, OP ability one can have. Black March just casually being able to do that will create anime-only plotholes later I feel. As in "wait, why don't she just stops time here, wtf, this is dumb".
Apr 29, 2020 5:38 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode! Crown game came to a closure and not quite in the way I was expecting! Bam is housing some insane power!

Gotta love Khun's bag though, I want one of those!
Apr 29, 2020 5:44 PM

Feb 2019
It's been a while since reading the webtoon, I forgot about some of the things that happened, so it was like watching it for the first time.

The redhead with the mask was
... right. I really should know this

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Apr 29, 2020 5:59 PM

Aug 2016
That sudden burst of power was too close to a deus ex machina for my liking.

Apr 29, 2020 6:02 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Smudy said:
Holy fuck, that was fuckin' amazing. Had my legs trembling!

but why are you lot overexaggerating for "my legs was rembling" lol like dude

Apr 29, 2020 6:03 PM

Apr 2020
I'm trying my best to understand why everybody likes this anime so much. The action scenes at this episode were... wait what action? Boring. And a main character that goes from weak to overpower in a second. I'll not drop this because I really want to be wrong and consider this anime good too at some moment. But now, I can only see hype.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Apr 29, 2020 6:29 PM

Dec 2016
How can a show with such good fighting choreographies be so darn boring? These disposable characters that exit right stage as soon as they enter feel quite pointless, other than trying to make this test more challenging, but when the main trio take such a relaxed posture just to save their energy for the late fight and have such ridiculous powers and thicker plot armor than a williams class tank, it's all really futile.

Khun's powers annoy me the most because it can do almost anything, from replicating anything to even smugling people inside, and specially this part is why this whole hidden party feel like a total asspull. What's in it for them to climb a higher level of the tower wthout their own effort? Will the admins allow this kind of foul play? If at least it had more foreshadowing other than the test director calling Khun's bluff in the previous test, it would feel so darn cheap in my books.

Bam partially waking up his expected inner MC powers was pretty meh, along with Rachel's party and the masked girl in tights. I can't give any fucks for these last minute characters without knowing absolutely nothing about them.
KimurahApr 29, 2020 6:40 PM
Apr 29, 2020 6:30 PM

Apr 2009
Jdr1 said:
I'm trying my best to understand why everybody likes this anime so much. The action scenes at this episode were... wait what action? Boring. And a main character that goes from weak to overpower in a second. I'll not drop this because I really want to be wrong and consider this anime good too at some moment. But now, I can only see hype.

Hes overpowered because he had one burst of energy?? Its not for everyone if you dont like the animation or fighting scenes move on already.
Apr 29, 2020 6:55 PM
Feb 2019
Kimurah said:
Khun's powers annoy me the most because it can do almost anything, from replicating anything to even smugling people inside, and specially this part is why this whole hidden party feel like a total asspull. What's in it for them to climb a higher level of the tower wthout their own effort? Will the admins allow this kind of foul play? If at least it had more foreshadowing other than the test director calling Khun's bluff in the previous test, it would feel so darn cheap in my books.

Well, when re-thinking about it, the fact that he had those 3 regulars inside his bag explains why it stuck when passing the Shinsu wall.
Apr 29, 2020 7:02 PM
Jul 2014
Biggest plot twist so far: that piece of darker blue in Khun's hair was a bandanna the whole time :O
Apr 29, 2020 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
hm this was a another aright episode by shounen standards ,kinda funny reading how much they exaggerated his burst and rage had me thinking like uh this all seems kinda out of left field for this Basic ass bitch Bam right now

Not even gonna talk about their ploy to get me think Khun some big brain with that bag of his taking bag-of-tricks to new heights not gonna be surprised if it can do more than copy and be a void storage for smuggling people ,though they did foreshadow a bit of that but left me confused on how that was totally in the rules of okay for a test lol.
Apr 29, 2020 7:21 PM

Jan 2019
What's more intense, the fight in this episode or the cluster fuck of a fight going on at the start of this thread?

Anyway, my biggest surprise is that Anak now has Black March. I wonder how our favorite thicc sword spirit feels about that?
Apr 29, 2020 7:31 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't think Anak would actually get Black March from Bam.

I'm really curious with what Rachel has to say at the end.
Apr 29, 2020 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
FuMomo-kun said:
Khun really stands out as the best character here.

I thought Khun just had a bit of darker hair. It was so random when it turned out to be a handkerchief. lol.

I have been trying my best not to say this, but Bam and Khun keep getting more and more shippable. That scene where Khun rested his head on Bam's lap completely melted me.

Rachel wasn't as annoying as I thought she'd be. Still, I feel like I will grow to hate her. A group of extremely powerful players not causing trouble for the protagonist is something I have never seen in a popular story. Still, the sudden teaming up was surprising.

Khun had three people in his bag. No wonder the bag got stuck when he had to pass through the water.

The blond guy with the mole is kind of likeable, but I feel like he'll also cause trouble later.

Me: Nhe, I won't ship it, I'm fine.
*Great arts on pixiv, the skinship this episode*
me: UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Apr 29, 2020 7:53 PM

Aug 2016
Finally the appearance of best girl Androssi!

Loving the show so far! I recommend reading the manhwa if your interested in this show further. It's interesting to see how they're pacing this season and anticipating where we will end at.
Apr 29, 2020 8:22 PM
Apr 2020
As a webtoon fan i’am still disappointed by this adaptations, they are not doing justice to the manhwa, the studio is very sub tier and their animation feels like 90 animation.
What was that big yellow explosion, they are already going dragon ball super so quickly with the shinsoo exaggeration , what will happen with future fights which are just who has the bigger beams ?
Apr 29, 2020 9:07 PM

Jun 2012
This better get renewed for a second season, Im enjoying this way too much.
Apr 29, 2020 9:17 PM
Oct 2018
Everyone calling bam as yoru is really frustrating for me. The story is getting interesting though. What happens now that bam has already found rachel? There is no purpose in climbing the tower for him now.
Apr 29, 2020 9:17 PM
Apr 2015
I feel that the part where Baam jump to save Rachel from getting hit a 2nd time was exaggerated. That was way too much blood loss after tanking a hit. Baam was then triggered a shockwave (a sudden burst of shinsoo) as a defensive mechanism and pass out while covering Rachel. There was no epic gathering of yellow energy and black march didn't make any appearance to knock Baam out. The shinsoo does broke half of Hwaryun's mask but didn't disintegrate the crown. With this, Baam lost the bet of the 13 month series and black march goes to Anak.

Otherwise, the episode is enjoyable. 4/5
Apr 29, 2020 9:19 PM
Oct 2018
Davidmonte31 said:
As a webtoon fan i’am still disappointed by this adaptations, they are not doing justice to the manhwa, the studio is very sub tier and their animation feels like 90 animation.
What was that big yellow explosion, they are already going dragon ball super so quickly with the shinsoo exaggeration , what will happen with future fights which are just who has the bigger beams ?

So glad I haven't read the webtoon. I am so thoroughly enjoying this show. Also, most webtoon readers said that first few chapters of webtoon have very bad art and anime is better.
Apr 29, 2020 9:41 PM

Apr 2020
Kimurah said:
AForgottenSoul said:

Hes overpowered because he had one burst of energy?? Its not for everyone if you dont like the animation or fighting scenes move on already.
Because you You Have To Have a Very High IQ to Understand Tower of Morty

GTFO with this prehistoric mindset. If you don't like reading different opinions about the same media you digest, don't join a discussion board.

heeeh, stubborn humans always appear wherever and whenever, always messing up based on their own opinions, indeed hypocritical humans.

and surely will be answered with a stubborn reply as if he knew everything.

and of course I would call you a hypocrite, ah there's no point in arguing with you because you're stubborn jahjahjajhajhajha

oooh I deviated from the topic. goodbye hypocrite
Apr 29, 2020 10:05 PM
Jan 2020
A short and not very important little moment, but when Black March stopped time, I screamed "ZA WAARUDO!" and woke up my parents.
Apr 29, 2020 10:07 PM
Jan 2017
this anime will probably stop whithout proper ending cause manhwa is still ongoing and more hyped
Apr 29, 2020 10:10 PM
Feb 2018
Davidmonte31 said:

i mean did you read the webtoon, cuz the webtoon art was just like this in the beginning, itll get better over time.
Apr 29, 2020 10:11 PM
Feb 2018
dark_reunion said:
this anime will probably stop whithout proper ending cause manhwa is still ongoing and more hyped
they will be able to finish how season one finished in the webtoon hopefully
Apr 29, 2020 10:14 PM
Jan 2017
Lelouchgeass_ said:
dark_reunion said:
yeah season 1 can be manageable but the hype starts from season 2 haha
Apr 29, 2020 10:15 PM

Mar 2020
dark_reunion said:

well it still can get season 2
Apr 29, 2020 10:17 PM
Feb 2018
dark_reunion said:
Lelouchgeass_ said:
yeah season 1 can be manageable but the hype starts from season 2 haha

yea fr lmao, hope we get a season two by next year with better animation like the webtoon art
Apr 29, 2020 10:36 PM

Feb 2017
Qashi-Dema said:
Good episode but I rly think Bam is just Pathetic now, instead of using his sword which is implied to be op he jumps in front of the attack also Rachael seems pretty pathetic, she doesn't do anything and ends up getting hurt

Don't you remember that the black march said that she would only lend bam her powers only that first time?
Apr 29, 2020 10:54 PM
Aug 2018
I liked the Hunter x Hunter reference
Apr 29, 2020 11:12 PM
Sep 2012
Not sure whether to continue this anime at this point. Some decent pros but some glaring cons that are hard to get past.
Pros:
Character design of everyone except Bam. Literally every other character has an interesting design and/or personality. Many have intriguing/entertaining motivations, backstories, personalities, or abilities.
World building. There was clearly effort put into making a world external to the main character. Enough so that it feels like the story could have been told so far from many other character's viewpoints and still be interesting.

Cons:
Animation quality is pretty abysmal. There are some nice background visuals but the characters are low resolution and movements are not smooth. There are early 90's animes with smoother action.
Bam. He just has no personality. Like, at all. His entire character thus far can be summarized as "I want to find/protect Rachel," but he is passive to the point of being boring. The first episode he showed some guts, but since then has been a disappointment. And no, randomly releasing lots of energy when knocked out is not a substitute for personality. Every other character is more interesting than him.

I realize the animation quality isn't going to change, but can anyone advise on whether Bam becomes a more interesting character? Does he get a personality? Or does he just stay this dull/passive?
Apr 29, 2020 11:13 PM

Jun 2013
I loved this episode, this was even better than the last one. Got to know more about Khun and his bag... and his hair bang thing. So that dark blue jagged piece hanging on the side of his head was some sort of cloth or hair band.

Sexy woman in tights beating up the other contestants. Seeing Rachel and her generic-looking face wasn't too surprising. I do appreciate the blood in this fight, I hate it when Anime indicates injuries with a few illustrated scratches, we need blood and we got it. Bam was about to bash that sexy tights lady in the head but was stopped.

As usual, looking forward to the next episode. One of the few series I'm looking forward to during lockdown.
臭い-
Apr 29, 2020 11:28 PM
May 2019
KorhalChild said:
Rachel is a bitch. I hate her character so much. If anyone read the manwha, please tell me these questions get answered. Why go so far as to betray Bam, who only had her and nobody else in his life? Why even befriend him if she was going to betray him anyway? Was he something like a pet for her? Does she get better further into the story or is she still a bitch?
Sadly she's probably going to stay relevant for a long while as she's Bam's main reason for going up the tower but oh man do I want to see her burn in hell
Apr 29, 2020 11:31 PM

Apr 2020
Sarnlest said:
Not sure whether to continue this anime at this point. Some decent pros but some glaring cons that are hard to get past.
Pros:
Character design of everyone except Bam. Literally every other character has an interesting design and/or personality. Many have intriguing/entertaining motivations, backstories, personalities, or abilities.
World building. There was clearly effort put into making a world external to the main character. Enough so that it feels like the story could have been told so far from many other character's viewpoints and still be interesting.

Cons:
Animation quality is pretty abysmal. There are some nice background visuals but the characters are low resolution and movements are not smooth. There are early 90's animes with smoother action.
Bam. He just has no personality. Like, at all. His entire character thus far can be summarized as "I want to find/protect Rachel," but he is passive to the point of being boring. The first episode he showed some guts, but since then has been a disappointment. And no, randomly releasing lots of energy when knocked out is not a substitute for personality. Every other character is more interesting than him.

I realize the animation quality isn't going to change, but can anyone advise on whether Bam becomes a more interesting character? Does he get a personality? Or does he just stay this dull/passive?

Yes, Bam has great character development over the course of this story. Especially in season 2. And starting off with no personality whatsoever is a consequence of a certain event that happened in the story and is yet to be revealed in the anime.

Mr_Trotskywalker said:
KorhalChild said:

GhostRO123Apr 29, 2020 11:39 PM
Apr 30, 2020 12:13 AM
Dec 2018
tottobennington said:
Qashi-Dema said:
Good episode but I rly think Bam is just Pathetic now, instead of using his sword which is implied to be op he jumps in front of the attack also Rachael seems pretty pathetic, she doesn't do anything and ends up getting hurt

Don't you remember that the black march said that she would only lend bam her powers only that first time?

Well how am I supposed to know that the power gets sealed off I'm still not sure it does and its still a sword
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

591 by Ratris_Decision »»
Yesterday, 3:12 AM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

16 by Madhukar13g »»
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

335 by blvkTsunade »»
Mar 27, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

459 by TayWilliams »»
Mar 7, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

456 by Kira_ga_Kiru »»
Feb 23, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.