Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 27, 2020 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Glad to see more of Haru, the Ox Zodiac this episode.

Toru and Yuki's relationship is still more or less the same. Felt like a slower buildup episode but mostly importantly, we got an appearance of the horse Zodiac.

Apr 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2017
ayy yuki already realizing his Honda ship is sinking

I'm also interested in hearing Rin's story, apparently it's a banger
Apr 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Jul 2017
Whilst I'm not a fan of season 1, that was a better season than this so far wont lie. Atleast last season, I could somewhat appreciate some aspects of the narrative although there were some I found bad or taxing, enough for me to expect better in season 2 since this was supposed to have the real meat of the story. This season has just been more frustrating so far than anything, and this episode hasn't changed my feelings from the previous episodes.
Apr 27, 2020 11:09 AM

Apr 2014
Rin looks freaking beautiful. Haru-chan. I never thought you had a relationship with someone. I am so jealous man. The fact you can still chase after her is very admirable. I hope they make up and kiss. Dang. Anyways Kyo and Yuki seems to try and struggle with their own things as usual. Yuki having check up with Haru at school after he went on a rampage, and to enter the Soma estate to check up is a nice thing. Kyo having to struggle with his true form, and having to hurt Tohru. Man I hope these three overcome their issues. I love those three so much.
Apr 27, 2020 11:16 AM
Aug 2019
Yes, Rin she looks so badass. Mostly a buildup episode for what's to come. Oh no one of my disliked characters showed up this episode.

Apr 27, 2020 11:22 AM

Dec 2019
Amazing episode as always. Glad we got to see more of Haru, he is so funny and i love when he says ''Mystery''. I wonder whose voice it was at the end
Apr 27, 2020 11:24 AM

May 2015
animejas said:
Whilst I'm not a fan of season 1, that was a better season than this so far wont lie. Atleast last season, I could somewhat appreciate some aspects of the narrative although there were some I found bad or taxing, enough for me to expect better in season 2 since this was supposed to have the real meat of the story. This season has just been more frustrating so far than anything, and this episode hasn't changed my feelings from the previous episodes.

It sounds like you're still watching a show that isn't your cup of tea. Why torture yourself?

This episode was kind of a setting for things to come: Rin's upcoming, Kyo's growing fear of possibly hurting who he trusts the most and Yuki starting to figure out his feelings for Tohru. Can't wait for the next episode
Apr 27, 2020 11:24 AM
Sep 2015
Haru should break up with a woman that doesn't care about him and dating with Kyo instead!
Apr 27, 2020 11:33 AM

Aug 2013
Haru on a rampage, it's been a while since we've seen his dark mode.

We finally got to see the horse Zodiac and I'm already loving her character design.

Apr 27, 2020 11:33 AM
Sep 2015
Also I disagree translating black into dark. Black is different from dark. Dark is the absent of light, while black is the object that absorb visible light.
Apr 27, 2020 11:41 AM

Jan 2018
Rin looks badass and I love it, and her character design is beautiful! Can't wait to see more of her in future episodes.
I also really enjoyed this episode and I'm glad we got to see more Haru and I hope we do see more of him during this season.

Apr 27, 2020 11:50 AM

Feb 2018
Whoa, Haru got dumped? There's obviously a lot more to that story because, Rin, have you seen Haru? Even by the shoujo standards, that dude is handsome AF.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Apr 27, 2020 11:52 AM

Mar 2016
I'm curious to find out how this new Rin character is like.

By this point, it should be crystal clear that each and every one of the Souma members' personal struggles and backstories aren't something blandly black-and-white. They're actually something to care about as opposed to some gassed-up soap opera in the majority of most other romance shoujos, imho.
Apr 27, 2020 11:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, it's been a while since we've last seen Haru in Dark & Rampaging mode. I see he's still got his sharp tongue in that form as well. Kyo with the super punch was freakin' cool though, I have to say, given the timing and mood moreover. So is like a bucket of water what activates the reverse reaction for Haru from Dark to Normal xD? You've got to be one experienced teacher to think of filling up a bucket and then going on to pour that instead of going right in to the fray...

Jokes aside, it was a nice episode centering Haru this episode. Heck, we even got the Horse Zodiac making a dramatic entrance in the end there. I smell something's coming next week. Didn't think Haru already had a significant one already though, albeit in the past now it seems. I'm curious to know what's her deal in all this.

A brave moment for Yuki to pass through to the Soma estate too. That's nice to see! And a pinch of jealousy sprinkled on top, how very interesting. Really enjoyed the interaction between him and Haru by the way, I didn't remember the two being like this at all but it was a treat nonetheless.

Shigure-san with the little nice gesture to help Honda-san was really sweet too. But judging by his reaction to Yuki's act of bravery, I'm guessing we're slowly getting to the climax on his "plans"...

And as always, looking forward to next week's episode!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 27, 2020 11:56 AM

Nov 2011
A lot of great moments in this episode. Kyo pulling Tohru away from Haru when he grabbed her was so freaking good! That was the moment Yuki knew as well.

I didn't really feel bad for Haru getting dumped but I feel like the development of Haru and his relationship will happen in the next few episodes.

A lot of struggles going on in this family.

Man Rin is pretty hot! Looking forward to the next episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 27, 2020 11:59 AM

Jan 2014
Tellatez said:
Oh no one of my disliked characters showed up this episode.

You talking about Old bitch?!! As soon as she started chirping at Yuki I got heart burn
Apr 27, 2020 12:06 PM

Jun 2015
Ok who, in their right mind, can dump Haru? Wtf!
Also my ship kyo x honda is sailing smoothly, Yuki please stay away
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Apr 27, 2020 12:10 PM

Dec 2018
Slowly things are going to be wild.

Can't wait for the next.
Apr 27, 2020 12:31 PM

Mar 2019
This episode was great. We finally get to meet Rin who for some reason, which I won't spoil, dumped Haru. And like everyone's saying, how could she dump HARU?! There's more to than meets the eye ;)

And I SO know what next week is about. Next week is
Apr 27, 2020 12:49 PM
Aug 2017
Great episode once again,faithful to the manga.Doumo Arigatou ^-^
Apr 27, 2020 12:57 PM

Jun 2014
So this time we only got 1 chapter, 43, and some extra scenes which were nicely done. Can't wait to see more of my fav girl Rin. But I'm sad for my 2nd fav boy Haru that he has to be hurting. Hang in there Haru.

Next episode, chapter 50, we finally meet

(Please don't skip chapter 48 and go to Beach arc. T___T)
(Please don't postpone this anime because of the Corona bitch. T__T)
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Apr 27, 2020 1:00 PM
Aug 2017
SailorVeki said:
So this time we only got 1 chapter, 43, and some extra scenes which were nicely done. Can't wait to see more of my fav girl Rin. But I'm sad for my 2nd fav boy Haru that he has to be hurting. Hang in there Haru.

Is chapter 48 the only one they havent animated yet?out of the 40-50 chapters.
Apr 27, 2020 1:25 PM

Mar 2017
This season feels so different from the last; there's this air about each episode that something crushing is going to happen soon like things are only okay on the surface. I find this especially true for Yuki; even though he's trying so hard to move forward, it still seems like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I really love Haru so I found it very sad to see him so upset this episode; Haru isn't Haru without a smile!
Apr 27, 2020 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
SakuraUchiha2313 said:
SailorVeki said:

We haven't seen so far chapters 48 and 50 and then 53-136. :)

Apr 27, 2020 1:37 PM

Apr 2015
Nice to see an episode focused on Haru, I love his character! He sure went on a rampage and Kyo gave him quite the fist to the face. Too funny how effective that bucket of water was to cool him down! Poor Haru though, getting dumped like that :(

Rin looks bad ass though, can't wait to see her story!

Kyo is doing his best to protect Tohru, but he realised what he said to Haru was quite the talk of a hypocrit, but I am sure he'll learn even more from that!

This Kyoto/Nara trip they are going to have with school sounds it's going to be interesting! Building up nicely towards it!
Apr 27, 2020 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
Rin must be going through a lot to end up things with Hatsuharu like that. I mean, I'm surprised that they were dating in the first place, but he seems to care a lot about her, and "I don't need you anymore and I'm tired of you" isn't the best way to end a relationship for sure. It must have hurt. Yuki was great here though. He went after Hatsuharu to talk after what he did to that classroom, and he went back to that place for him. Watching Fruits Basket isn't good for your heart at times though, it's like something bad can happen at any moment since Akito has control over their lives and I honestly can't wait to see them breaking free. Welp, I'm curious about Rin, but I'm more happy that Hatsuharu seems to be the focus, at least partially, again. I love that he was playing a turn-based JRPG and that he named the characters after himself, Yuki and Kyou. I always keep the canon names when I have a choice, but I do think that was really nice and even cute.
Apr 27, 2020 2:17 PM

Dec 2019
SailorVeki said:

That is so exciting to hear! I haven't read the manga, so it's gonna be interesting to see what kind of person Kureno is.
Apr 27, 2020 2:33 PM

Jun 2014
Reyam121 said:
SailorVeki said:

That is so exciting to hear! I haven't read the manga, so it's gonna be interesting to see what kind of person Kureno is.
I think you'll like him, although we don't get to know much about him in only 1 chapter. But they might expand it too with extra scenes, like with this episode.

We will later find out more about Rin and Kureno. But I'm happy to finally see them animated and hear their voices. :)

Apr 27, 2020 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
Hmmm, this is a unique case for the remake thus far. The first half of this episode adapts the events of Chapter 43 and the second half is mostly anime-exclusive content. Beyond a few minor changes, the first half of the episode faithfully adapts Chapter 43's events. Here were changes I noticed in this episode:

-The opening scene is mostly anime-only content. Isuzu’s dumping of Hatsuharu was originally portrayed in flashback in the manga while Haru was talking with Yuki later in the chapter.
-When Momiji peered into the classroom door in the manga, there was a flowery backdrop behind him as he spoke.
-The scene showing a crowd of students observing Hatsuharu’s damage to the classroom was extended a bit for the anime.
-In the manga, Tohru was in a state of nervousness upon seeing Haru in Black form.
-When Mayuko dumped water on Kyo and Hatsuharu, there was originally a flowery backdrop behind them in the manga as the scene played out. Plus, Mayuko was wearing a short-sleeved shirt in the manga instead of a long-sleeved one.
-While waiting for Hatsuharu outside the faculty room in the manga, Momiji was shown holding Tohru’s hand and resting his head on her shoulder. Plus when Haru arrives to see them, the faculty room was in the same hallway Tohru and the boys were in instead of being down a floor.
-The flashbacks shown of Yuki and Hatsuharu as the former vented were added for the anime.
-When Hatsuharu acknowledged he was dumped in the manga, he didn’t say Isuzu’s name at all during the scene.
-Much of the content past the ending of Yuki and Hatsuharu's conversation is all anime-only which includes Haru's second visit to the hospital, Tohru and her friends planning summer events, and Yuki working up the resolve to visit the Sohma residence to see Haru.
-Yuki visiting Haru in his bedroom was taken from a later scene in Chapter 45 that was removed when Ritsu's chapters were adapted in the "first season."

SakuraUchiha2313 said:

The majority of Chapter 48, yeah. The final few pages of the chapter were used in the final episode of the "first season" to introduce Isuzu earlier than when she first debuted in the manga.
ggultra2764Apr 27, 2020 4:45 PM
Apr 27, 2020 3:39 PM

Nov 2019
they managed to make this episode so much better than the manga. incredibly. rin is sexy af, so happy to see her. next episode can't come sooner, I've waited for this moment for years.
btw i love yuki forever if i lived in their world i would join the yuki fan club
Apr 27, 2020 4:42 PM

Dec 2016
Here he goes again -w-; Haru is being wild and I haven't seen him in his dark side in a while. Even so, it was great episode :)
Haru wants to take a selfie with Yuki, I see ;) Want to see more of Rin's character development since she's the reason for Haru's bad mood and why she was soo mean to him :/ Can't wait to see this case resolved.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 27, 2020 4:47 PM

Sep 2008
kagura-pb said:
Yuki and Haru's conversation at the Soma residence is actually a leftover scene from chapter 45 that didn't make it into Ritsu's intro episode in s1 due to the changed order of adapting chapters. ;)

Bleh, thanks for noting that. Was combing through Volumes 8-10 to make sure I didn't miss anything since I knew it would be a Haru/ Isuzu focused episode. But I overlooked that one scene when I wrote up my comparison.
Apr 27, 2020 5:16 PM
Sep 2017
Why Rin would dump someone as awesome as Haru is definitely a “Mystery”, lol. One that I’m sure we’ll discover the answer to eventually. As an anime only fan, this is strictly a guess, but I’m wondering if she is protecting him from something (or someone).
I got a bit giddy when Kyo jumped to protect Tohru from dark Haru, although at the same time it hurt my heart a bit to see the effect it had on Yuki. I adore them both so much!
Literally LOL’d at Haru’s immediate change of demeanor when the teacher dumped the water on their heads - I feel so refreshed! hahahaha
I don’t know who that old biddy was at the Soma estate, but I can already tell I am going to really dislike that B.
Poor (but brave) Yuki - conquering his past trauma to go and check on Haru!
And Kyo - he is definitely having a hard time forgiving himself for what he did to Tohru when in his “cat demon” form. (Not sure if it has a specific name - I don’t remember?)
Shigure being all thoughtful & sweet - he figured out right away Tohru wanted to wait for everyone to eat together. :)
Sigh. I just love this show so much!
Apr 27, 2020 5:29 PM

May 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
KorhalChild said:

It sounds like you're still watching a show that isn't your cup of tea. Why torture yourself?

This episode was kind of a setting for things to come: Rin's upcoming, Kyo's growing fear of possibly hurting who he trusts the most and Yuki starting to figure out his feelings for Tohru. Can't wait for the next episode

He's actually watching a lot of shows he doesn't like for some reason.

I mean to each their own I guess, but it's kinda masochistic...
Apr 27, 2020 5:34 PM
Jan 2020
Is it just me or was the art kinda different from previous episodes?
Apr 27, 2020 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
bluekyojin said:
Is it just me or was the art kinda different from previous episodes?

Yeah, I thought so too
Apr 27, 2020 6:14 PM

Jun 2013
TsukuyomiREKT said:
KorhalChild said:

He's actually watching a lot of shows he doesn't like for some reason.

True that lol He said in another thread for Hamefura that he's watching seasonal series with his roommate and posts online to complain about everything. I feel sorry for the guy. I guess it's to add to his roster and fomo.

Episode Review:

Rin is gorgeous and I'm glad we got to see her again. She and Haru make a wonderful couple. That moment when Yuki visited Haru at his place was quite touching too. Haru's place looks nice. I love his room.
臭い-
Apr 27, 2020 6:59 PM

Jan 2019
Rin is going through some bad shit right now. Interested to see how our crew approaches this, with the trip coming up and all.
Apr 27, 2020 7:24 PM

Nov 2019
I thought this guy is gay for Yuki? Now u telling me he's got a gf the whole time then that means he's a two timing bisexual, this show is so dumb and stupid smh, Saki's episode made this show 9/10 for me but now they pull this dumb shit 1/10

I'm not even an LGBT community activist but him being gay for Yuki is the dumbest joke of the century smh
Haunt88Apr 27, 2020 7:33 PM
Apr 27, 2020 7:35 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode. So excited to get more into Rin! Such an interesting character in the manga.
Apr 27, 2020 9:02 PM

Jul 2017
A very unique episode indeed, adapting Chapter 43 and the rest of Chapter 45 (that was omitted during Season 1), plus anime-only stuff.

Whilst a very "the Ox zodiac" Haru-focused episode, getting dumped by Rin was just the tip of the iceberg, the "mystery" element that keeps on giving, and turning into Dark Haru as a way to vent his anger...is never enough (similar to how we've seen Hatori getting blind on his left eye before his relationship with Kana got the attention of Akito that left him physically and mentally tortured, last season).

Keeping Tohru away from Haru was a safe bet for Kyo and Yuki (to supress his anger management), but Rin being an outlier, with Haru knowing his heart where it lies, he's not giving up on her.

Wanting to know more about Rin now, and along with Yuki's memories of supression that only brings more bad memories.

Definitely a "Mystery" mysterious episode.
KANLen09Apr 27, 2020 9:08 PM
Apr 27, 2020 10:01 PM

Mar 2020
ahhh, i'm so glad we got more haru this episode! i love his character and it only makes me more excited to see what's to come between him and rin. hopefully things will work out :p

you can tell yuki is mad jealous of kyo and tohru's relationship.

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

Apr 27, 2020 11:17 PM

Apr 2018
Yuki x Tohru ship is sinking. I hope Rin and Haru would go well
Apr 27, 2020 11:44 PM

Feb 2019
Yuki braved his traumas because he felt he needed to visit Haru and cheer him up. That was great.

Rin seems mysterious. Was very surprised to hear that Haru and Rin were dating. She looks beautiful though.

Looking forward to see more of Rin!
Apr 28, 2020 1:31 AM
Dec 2019
I LOVED this ep's content a lot, we get to see lots of stuff like Rin's apperance, Yuki's trauma and he trying to overcome it, Kyo's regret of hurting Tohru, KyoxTohru moment, HaruxRin, Mayu being cool, cute Momiji and that old bitch

BUT WTH WAS WRONG WITH THE ANIMATION?? Dont ruin such a beautiful story with a terrible animation please
Apr 28, 2020 1:35 AM
Dec 2019
YggdraSEED said:
I thought this guy is gay for Yuki? Now u telling me he's got a gf the whole time then that means he's a two timing bisexual, this show is so dumb and stupid smh, Saki's episode made this show 9/10 for me but now they pull this dumb shit 1/10

I'm not even an LGBT community activist but him being gay for Yuki is the dumbest joke of the century smh

Lol dude that was a joke. Nobody was two timing. They are good friends or like brothers. People can ship whoever they want but this anime doesnt have LGBT stuff. Those are not canon
Apr 28, 2020 1:46 AM

Dec 2018
Can’t wait to see how they’re going to adapt the rest of the manga, so far I couldn’t ask for a better adaptation.
Apr 28, 2020 3:19 AM

Jan 2018
Can't wait to see Rin's arc get adapted.
ARK-13Apr 28, 2020 3:25 AM
Apr 28, 2020 5:55 AM

Jul 2014
It feels weird to have Haru's troubles revolve around a character who we've barely been introduced to at all. As far as I remember, all we know about her is that she's one of the Zodiac and she's hospitalised for some reason or another but keeps leaving every now and then. Obviously we'll get more, but it does kind of distance me from Haru's issues this episode.

Some good camaraderie between Haru and Yuki though, and Kyo is coming very close to realising his feelings for Tohru it seems.
Apr 28, 2020 7:40 AM

Jun 2015
I never thought Haru would have a partner so it was kind of a shock for me and I don't even read the manga so yeah lol.

Though, I'm pretty excited to see more of Rin and Haru's relationship. She looked hella badass. Hope the next episode is just as good.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

239 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

161 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.