Apr 27, 2020 3:18 AM

Jan 2010
Just wondering.

For those who do, please tell me is this titles available:

- The Walking Dead
- Supernatural

What about anime?

Do you think it's better to just pirate after all? lol

Sometimes I'm really lazy to look up for download links, and just thought platform like netflix is more convenient if you're willing to pay. Especially for western TV shows. I don't know any free streaming site for western TV shows. Not to mention I need english sub to watch it, lmao.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 2020 5:33 AM

Oct 2018
Walking dead and Supernatural are available. TWD might be a season behind though. The anime is kinda like the icing on the cake, it won't replace CR or VRV but they do come out with banger Netfllix originals from time to time. Off the dome I can think of NGE, Carole and Tuesday, Devilman Crybaby, FMA:B, Beastars and a lot more.

My only issue is how they have to renew their license every year to retain certain shows. I remember seeing Aldnoah.zero while scrolling, wanting to watch it a week later but couldn't find it. Read that Netflix didn't renew it's lease.

Ultimately I would get it, they have some niche, populatr, and good anime shows not to mention its the hub for western stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Apr 27, 2020 11:39 AM
Aug 2018
Yeah I just use it to watch whatever anime they have on there.

Apr 27, 2020 11:46 PM

Dec 2019
yeah. Plus theyve been adding lots of good movies and animes there
Apr 30, 2020 10:31 PM

Mar 2019
I use it when I can. But often times I just use 123movies cause they don't have a lot of stuff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2020 11:51 PM
Jul 2018
I occasionally do watch on Netflix. Mostly just for cartoons and live action shows. Although I did watch Violet Evergarden, Erased and Anohana in there and I'm planning to watch some Ghibli movies in there too.

I heard they used to have Supernatural from where I'm from, but for some reason they removed it. Not sure about The Walking Dead though.

I'm not sure if America has both because they have shows and movies we lack in my country.
May 9, 2020 4:29 PM
May 2020
I love anime, so for me it is very important to see them here movies123 are the best
May 9, 2020 4:35 PM

Jul 2019
I dont use Netflix to watch anime. I have an Instagram account where I post screenshots and Netflix doesn't let you screenshot anymore. And they censor some stuff so that's a no go. But I use Netflix to watch The Office when I'm bored
May 9, 2020 6:30 PM

Jul 2013
The Walking Dead? yes, Supernatural? I don't think so, maybe in another country.

Well, I don't use Netflix primarily for anime, but I do watch Ghibli films on it. As for piracy, I just use it for 20th Century FOX and Funimation licensed stuff that may not be released on Netflix or the upcoming HBO Max (I heard it'll pick up entertainment Disney+ can't touch; not sure if Predator, Logan, Marked For Death, X-Files or Die Hard movies will be there). I also had to torrent Venom, because Sony decided to air it on Starz instead of a complete or ubiquitous streaming platform like Netflix. Who the hell watches Starz on TV in 2020?

Netflix, jack of all trades, master of none.
Kurt_IrvingMay 20, 2020 10:04 PM
May 20, 2020 5:20 AM
May 2020

Kurt_Irving said:
The Walking Dead? yes, Supernatural? I don't think so, maybe in another country.

Well, I don't use Netflix primarily for anime, but I do watch Ghibli films on it. As for piracy, I just use it for 20th Century FOX and Funimation licensed stuff that may not be released on Netflix or the upcoming HBO Max (I heard it'll pick up entertainment Disney+ can't touch; not sure if Predator, Logan, Marked For Death, X-Files or Die Hard movies will be there). I also had to torrent Venom, because Sony decided to air it on Starz instead of a complete or ubiquitous streaming platform like Netflix. Who the hell watches Starz on TV in 2020?

Walking Dead and Supernatural both are available same goes for the ghilbi movies, fate, dragon ball, avatar you name it and its on Netflix and but they censor too much every time i have to jump between Netflix UK networks for this
May 20, 2020 5:35 AM

Jan 2017
I don't care for Netflix, just like Netflix doesn't care for Anime, Quality etc.
May 20, 2020 12:29 PM

Apr 2019
i'll use netflix once in a while to watch a show if it happens to be on there. maybe its paranoia but i try to use sketchy pirate sites as little as possible lol
May 20, 2020 10:07 PM

Jul 2013
MySweetLucifer said:
I don't care for Netflix, just like Netflix doesn't care for Anime, Quality etc.

Yeah! Netflix is just dumping random entertainment for diversity. Compared to other streaming platforms, it's the jack of all trades, but master of none while Funimation is the master of anime, Crunchyroll is the master of K-dramas and Hulu is the master of movies.
May 20, 2020 11:45 PM

Oct 2013
Kurt_Irving said:
MySweetLucifer said:

Yeah! Netflix is just dumping random entertainment for diversity. Compared to other streaming platforms, it's the jack of all trades, but master of none while Funimation is the master of anime, Crunchyroll is the master of K-dramas and Hulu is the master of movies.

I disagree Netflix is the best! A lot of great series even documentary. I guess when it comes to anime they don't really have much but excluding that it has everything for everyone.
May 20, 2020 11:56 PM

Jul 2013
keragamming said:

I disagree Netflix is the best! A lot of great series even documentary. I guess when it comes to anime they don't really have much but excluding that it has everything for everyone.

First of all, best is subjective and believe all you want, but Netflix is still the jack of all trades or the all-rounder in streaming platforms.

For the record, I don't watch that many Netflix originals. Dracula, Iron Fist and Marianne put me to sleep so I came back to watching X-Files via my Blu-Ray player.
May 20, 2020 11:58 PM

Oct 2013
Kurt_Irving said:
keragamming said:

First of all, best is subjective and believe all you want, but Netflix is still the jack of all trades or the all-rounder in streaming platforms.

For the record, I don't watch that many Netflix originals. Dracula, Iron Fist and Marianne put me to sleep so I came back to watching X-Files via my Blu-Ray player.

You can try Castlevania I think it is pretty good.
Jun 10, 2020 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, watching stuff legally is so much better in every aspect. Only problem is that there are like 5 different streaming services now that all divided the best shows. If you're outside the US you might find a local service that works much better than Netflix and the likes.
Jun 10, 2020 1:23 PM

Aug 2018
I don't really watch non anime tv
_______I like rocks__
Nov 7, 2020 11:20 AM

Oct 2020
Romaki26 said:
Yes, watching stuff legally is so much better in every aspect. Only problem is that there are like 5 different streaming services now that all divided the best shows. If you're outside the US you might find a local service that works much better than Netflix and the likes. Online help: Netflix customer care number

What five services do you mean?
harmonmonicNov 23, 2020 1:44 AM
Nov 7, 2020 12:47 PM
Dec 2017
i don't really use netflix at all not my thing personally.

Nov 7, 2020 1:09 PM

Jul 2017
I use it occasionally depending on what I want to watch. I believe they have Supernatural and The Walking Dead. Last time I checked there was about 9 seasons of TWD on Netflix, not sure if they added more. Nonetheless, I enjoy using it when I do.

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 9, 2020 2:56 AM

Aug 2016
I have an account, but don't use it too often

Nov 9, 2020 4:57 AM
Nov 2019
The only thing that I hate about Netflix is they always slap their original sticker on the anime even though the anime wasn't produced by them. I know there are some anime that produced by them but please Netlix, don't claim the anime that wasn't produced by you, I hate it!
Nov 9, 2020 9:43 AM

Oct 2019
Yeah, Netflix has a lot of anime, although for some longer shows they don’t have all seasons.
Netflix makes anime too, although most of it is CGI which is not regarded highly in the community. There are a few good ones like Devilman Crybaby, one which is not CGI, but it’s made by Science Saru and Masaaki Yuasa who is known for his strange/cool artstyle.
Nov 9, 2020 10:51 AM

Nov 2008
I get a ton of my movies by renting discs from Netflix (twelve a month) and buy discs regularly. All I've watched on Netflix this entire year were Klaus (because I want traditional animation to come back in Hollywood) and The Irishman. The video and audio quality are just so bad.

Nov 12, 2020 1:11 AM

May 2019
I use my friend’s account. My boyfriend and I are about halfway through Supernatural. We’re watching it as I type this. It’s one of those shows that’s so bad, it’s good.

"𝘚𝘰 𝘸𝘦'𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘺
𝘞𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺
𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘢𝘭𝘭
𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
𝘐𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯
𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘺, 𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨"

Nov 17, 2020 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
The selection of animes is really lacking although they have some pretty good series. The streaming quality was pretty slow and janky for me though a lot of the time. I probably won't be using it again. I would if it had every season of InuYasha but it only has 2. Meh
Nov 17, 2020 2:54 AM

Feb 2019
It is good with a VPN to see Netflix USA and Netflix Japan, but where I live Netflix Australia doesn't satisfy me. Especially for Anime you need USA or Japan.
Nov 17, 2020 3:14 AM

Mar 2014
By the way, anyone knows is Stranger season 2 (korean drama) available right now? Thanks in advance.
Nov 20, 2020 5:10 AM

Jul 2016
I use netflix because it's easy and it's interface is great. Not the greatest platform thou since cuties is still up there but the amount of anime is great now
Nov 20, 2020 5:44 AM
Dec 2017
if you have a vpn you could be able to watch stuff that one netflix has that another doesn't on your computer.

Nov 20, 2020 6:17 AM
Feb 2020
Of course I have netflix, where else would I get blackwashed "diversity" propaganda and mistranslated subtitles?
Nov 20, 2020 6:42 AM

Oct 2020
Hillary_Clinton_ said:
Of course I have netflix, where else would I get blackwashed "diversity" propaganda and mistranslated subtitles?

While this is 100% true about Netflix originals, it is still arguably the best legal streaming service you can find worldwide for movies/series, whether live-action or animated. In some countries, it's actually the only worthy alternative.
Nov 20, 2020 6:47 AM

Jul 2020
Yea, I use it. A lot of titles on it legally and I spent a lot of time on it.
Nov 20, 2020 2:22 PM

Nov 2008
Below are some screenshots I took for someone elsewhere. The 5 mbps recommended for HD Netflix is far too low.

Netflix:

Blu-ray:

Netflix:

Blu-ray:

Look at the pixelated muck between Adam Sandler and the woman. Like partly solidified milk. In the Blu-ray, it just looks like grain.

Netflix:

Old Blu-ray encoded in dated VC-1, still looking significantly better than the Netflix version:

EzekielNov 21, 2020 3:47 AM

Nov 20, 2020 6:44 PM

Jun 2020
I mostly just use it to see what anime they have on there TBH
Nov 20, 2020 6:45 PM

Jan 2018
Netflix is probably the best platform to watch anime legally, they have a ton of great exclusive shows and movies. I still torrent obscure shows that are hard to stream but Netflix is an accessible alternative if you can afford it.
Nov 21, 2020 9:33 AM
Nov 2020
I only use Netflix for Netflix Originals. For anime I download (DEFINATLY LEGAL... MAYBE) or gogoanime with an adblock
Nov 22, 2020 9:55 AM

Oct 2020
Shining_Boy said:
Netflix is probably the best platform to watch anime legally, they have a ton of great exclusive shows and movies. I still torrent obscure shows that are hard to stream but Netflix is an accessible alternative if you can afford it.

I disagree. Focusing on only anime,I think Crunchyroll would be the best option. But that again depends on where you live for the database to be large enough. Licensing is a bitch...
Nov 27, 2020 6:08 PM

Jan 2018
Timebomb420 said:
I disagree. Focusing on only anime,I think Crunchyroll would be the best option. But that again depends on where you live for the database to be large enough. Licensing is a bitch...

I had a Cunchyroll subscription for 2 years and watched everything I cared to watch on there. I guess it's good if you're interested in watching the latest seasonal anime but that's not usually what I go for. Netflix has lots of anime that I'm personally interested in, just this year I watched Dorohedoro and BNA and thought they were pretty solid. There's also a lot old shows on my backlog on Netflix.
Nov 29, 2020 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
At this point, UHD Blu-Ray makes Netflix look like a 90s PS1 demo disc, plus streaming isn't the best option for 1440p which is 2x the picture quality of the standard 720p.

Until 5G makes drastic changes and until all ISPs move over to optic fiber, then I don't see a reason why you and I should pick Netflix over UHD discs.

As for other streaming options, Crunchyroll still sucks. I never bothered streaming anime on that woke garbage in the first place. At this point, I prefer Blu-Ray to streaming because streaming doesn't support true 1080p. So what makes streaming ready for UHD?
Dec 2, 2020 2:56 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Poooofeuw said:
I use both Netflix and Amazon Prime, but not as much as before bc of how limited the content is here in France :(
I wish I had access to Hulu and HBO Max

Just get a good VPN. You are already giving them money, so a few extra dollars (or EUR) per month wouldn't make much of a difference. You should be using one anyway.
Dec 2, 2020 6:23 AM

Oct 2020
149597871 said:
Poooofeuw said:
I use both Netflix and Amazon Prime, but not as much as before bc of how limited the content is here in France :(
I wish I had access to Hulu and HBO Max

Just get a good VPN. You are already giving them money, so a few extra dollars (or EUR) per month wouldn't make much of a difference. You should be using one anyway.

Are VPNs that reliable tho? Heard there were a major attack on NordVPN recently that leaked many accounts' information. Plus it's not like they disclose what they do with the data they collect anyway.
Dec 2, 2020 5:17 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah, no. I refuse to support Netflix. Fucking pedo apologists.
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Dec 2, 2020 8:05 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Timebomb420 said:
149597871 said:

Are VPNs that reliable tho? Heard there were a major attack on NordVPN recently that leaked many accounts' information. Plus it's not like they disclose what they do with the data they collect anyway.

Yeah, I heard about this incident a few months ago. I am not an online security expert, so I cannot go as far as to call them reliable, and I guess it heavily depends on the provider. I do, however, believe that the benefits often outweigh the risks, and VPN helps you access content that is not available in your country.
Dec 2, 2020 8:16 PM

Feb 2010
Okabe_YT said:
I only use Netflix for Netflix Originals. For anime I download (DEFINATLY LEGAL... MAYBE) or gogoanime with an adblock
netflix subs are terrible so smart decision.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Dec 2, 2020 8:55 PM

Sep 2020
What's Netflix? Is that where two good shows and half an anime go?
Dec 5, 2020 5:50 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Watched a bunch of random stuff on it back in the day like the marvel shows. But really only used it to watch the office, which is if I understand isn't even on there anymore.

Mind get it again to watch some anime in my on hold list, and also for attack on titan, cause I'd rather use netflix than crunchyroll tbh to watch anime

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 6, 2020 10:15 AM

Nov 2008
Kurt_Irving said:
At this point, UHD Blu-Ray makes Netflix look like a 90s PS1 demo disc, plus streaming isn't the best option for 1440p which is 2x the picture quality of the standard 720p.

Until 5G makes drastic changes and until all ISPs move over to optic fiber, then I don't see a reason why you and I should pick Netflix over UHD discs.

I think my UHD collection is at around seventy now, almost all older titles. I also watch a lot of DVDs/DVD rips, though. Would be far too limiting to only watch HD and 4K content.

The internet service providers also really need to up bandwidth limits if we're gonna get better quality streams. I can't even find a reasonably priced alternative option with high speed and more data because they simply buy out the competition or pay each other to stay out of each other's areas, from what I understand.

If I could get the same fine detail from a stream, I'd blow through my one terabyte in a matter of days.
EzekielDec 6, 2020 10:19 AM

Dec 6, 2020 11:20 AM

Aug 2020
good in pirated anime you can find variety, the bad thing is that there is a hunt to that pirate page for Netflix anime so some do not dare to upload that anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

5 by Jutrio »»
32 minutes ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7568 by SilentAssassin88 »»
2 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Today, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Today, 2:06 AM

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
Today, 2:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.