Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 26, 2020 8:39 AM
Apr 2020
I know nothing about anime and comic stuff, but read all the 128 chapters and I loved it, and recently found out it has an adaptation too, but confused what to watch between the movies and the series as the 3 movies also covers upto Season 2 of this show. Since the movies are shorter , I planned to watch them but their are rated quite low as compared to the series, and since I already know all the stuff that will be happening in the show, would spending all the time watching the series would be worth ? I highly like reading over watching, so would it still be enjoyable for me ?
Apr 26, 2020 9:21 AM

Sep 2018
I think watching a great anime adaption always will be a better way to experience a story with few exceptions here and there. It is not fair to compare animated scenes with great OST and voice acting to rather simple manga panels if you ask me. Considering AoT is adapted exceptionally well so far, I think you should definitely watch it without a doubt. Deciding if you should watch the movies or series, go with the series I'd say. Movie versions is basically cropped down versions of the main series, I wouldn't recommend them if you aren't on a time limit. They miss some important stuff and pacing feels off because they weren't designed as a movie. Just try for yourself and see if you like it, every episode is roughly 24 minutes. If you have never watched an anime before, just stick with it until season 1 ends and watch it subbed. You say you love the manga so it shouldn't be a huge problem getting used to anime format and japanese voice acting.
Apr 26, 2020 9:48 AM

Jul 2017
Don't waste your time on the movies. They are rushed af in comparison to the complete series, and skip over way too much dialogue and exposition. Even as recaps, they're really meh, and you would be much better off just rewatching. You'll lose pretty much all of the tension and suspense that really made the anime what it was if you watch the movies.

Apr 26, 2020 10:47 PM
Apr 2020
SirTristram said:
I think watching a great anime adaption always will be a better way to experience a story with few exceptions here and there. It is not fair to compare animated scenes with great OST and voice acting to rather simple manga panels if you ask me. Considering AoT is adapted exceptionally well so far, I think you should definitely watch it without a doubt. Deciding if you should watch the movies or series, go with the series I'd say. Movie versions is basically cropped down versions of the main series, I wouldn't recommend them if you aren't on a time limit. They miss some important stuff and pacing feels off because they weren't designed as a movie. Just try for yourself and see if you like it, every episode is roughly 24 minutes. If you have never watched an anime before, just stick with it until season 1 ends and watch it subbed. You say you love the manga so it shouldn't be a huge problem getting used to anime format and japanese voice acting.
Thanks, I'm going for the series, though I checked English dub is pretty good, so I'll be watching it dubbed
Apr 26, 2020 10:48 PM
Apr 2020
Attackonfiller said:
Don't waste your time on the movies. They are rushed af in comparison to the complete series, and skip over way too much dialogue and exposition. Even as recaps, they're really meh, and you would be much better off just rewatching. You'll lose pretty much all of the tension and suspense that really made the anime what it was if you watch the movies.
Thanks for the help

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

38 by KuyaC »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.