Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 25, 2020 6:40 PM

Dec 2009
After being very disappointed over Evergreen's wasted flawed development and horrible ending-- It got me into thinking...

... Toradora! isn't the best romance, but it is easily one of the best classic romance of anime, and Yuyuko Takemiya's best light novel.
While I have no idea of her novels or read any of her light novels, from reading Evergreen, Watashitachi no Tamura-kun and watching Toradora! and Golden Time,
I think the author's building in development of characters is very good to an extent, but with Golden Time and now Evergreen, unlike Toradora! ...I wonder why she creates these flawed plots and characters with terrible endings.

Watashitachi no Tamura-kun apparently I enjoyed even though I don't remember at all but.
Golden Time and Evergreen had terrible endings from the false impression of leading to one direction but ultimately going to an absurd one.
In Evergreen, a twist of incest with a dumb forced supernatural aspect to save Niki from the aid of their father's spirit, along with an unexplained mysterious open-ending that doesn't reveal to us if they'll get back together or not.
In Golden Time, Banri's real subconscious self loving Nana, but in the end choosing Kouko --an illogical protagonist, with a mediocre care lover of a heroine from Kouko and a spineless heroine who should have fought for Banri, in Nana.

I don't understand why the author created these odd flaws in the protagonist and/or the heroine(s), as if to force a twisted ending.
Unlike Golden Time and Evergreen, Toradora! was firm in it's ending of keeping the couple-to-be together in Ryuuji x Taiga.
Even though it had resembling conflicts of a rival or an event, it stayed straightforward in the correct love, in comparison to Hotaka x Niki, clearly loving and falling for each other, until she barfs in realization that they're half siblings, and Banri giving up on Nana out of stupid respect to his new self who fell in conditional love to Kouko.

... What do you guys think? How is it that she can create great romance while keeping the true couple together, but ruin it when she rips them apart.
Jun 17, 2020 8:16 AM
Apr 2020
First ever time writing something, i haven't read the light novels of Golden Time, and i just finished the series a couple hours ago but, when you say Nana, you mean Linda or is it actually Nana in the light novels?? i'm confused
Jun 17, 2020 8:32 AM

Aug 2018
ThePlo69 said:
First ever time writing something, i haven't read the light novels of Golden Time, and i just finished the series a couple hours ago but, when you say Nana, you mean Linda or is it actually Nana in the light novels?? i'm confused
OP is probably just getting names wrong.
_______I like rocks__
Jun 17, 2020 8:34 AM

Aug 2018
I think she was going for a different approach with golden time. She had already made a great romance story so she was probably trying to focus on other things while keeping the romance as a backbone.
_______I like rocks__
Aug 28, 2020 12:08 PM

Mar 2017
There's no "true couple." Just because your favorite ship didn't win doesn't mean that would not be the best ending for the characters. Did you want the incest ending in Ever Green? I thought the ending was great. It wasn't open at all. They moved past their love/hate and formed a normal sibling relationship... I also personally liked Golden Time more than Toradora!, but that's just personal preference.

More topics from this board

» Missing Chapter?

MonkeyShines - Feb 7, 2023

0 by MonkeyShines »»
Feb 7, 2023 1:20 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Chapter 57 Discussion

Taka8620 - Nov 19, 2021

1 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Dec 7, 2021 7:33 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Chapter 51 Discussion

Taka8620 - Nov 18, 2021

1 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Dec 3, 2021 12:03 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Chapter 50 Discussion

Taka8620 - Nov 17, 2021

1 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Dec 1, 2021 12:58 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Chapter 47 Discussion

Taka8620 - Nov 15, 2021

1 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Nov 24, 2021 4:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.