Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2020 3:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another episode, another duel. I have to say though, his opponents are getting more and more flashy.

A fortune telling type of deck like the type that isn't easy to go up against.
Apr 24, 2020 4:16 PM
Aug 2015
Animation quality was worse than last week which isn't surprising. The duels still look and feel stiff and are starting to get into this predictable pattern. Other than that not much else. I hope it picks up soon now that the intro episodes are out of the way.
Apr 25, 2020 12:13 PM

May 2016
Comedy in Yugi Oh is actually fresh thing to try

I heard new Studio take over the Yugi Oh series, so be prepared that we gonna continue with this design for next series as well because it does feels like they trying to reboot the gameplay style (idk what suitable word for it)
Apr 25, 2020 12:14 PM

May 2016
Sterben0022 said:
Animation quality was worse than last week which isn't surprising. The duels still look and feel stiff and are starting to get into this predictable pattern. Other than that not much else. I hope it picks up soon now that the intro episodes are out of the way.

Even tho i find to be kinda bad at times it does feel like you have a point. Episode 1-3 had some of the best. This week was indeed bad, but at times it looks consistant.

Also, maybe the writer of this week might of been generic than most shounen.
Apr 26, 2020 1:23 AM

May 2015
too much filler, not enough plot. the duel was average like usual, but I liked it better than the other ones for some reason.

Apr 26, 2020 2:19 AM

Nov 2019
Just as expected, sevens road witch!

I liked how they keep things comedic and lighthearted (the like bot and the aftermath of Gakuto's "retirement" for instance). Too bad though, between bridge and the coronavirus that's all that they got for this anime for now.

AlphaOmegaKnight said:

I heard new Studio take over the Yugi Oh series, so be prepared that we gonna continue with this design for next series as well because it does feels like they trying to reboot the gameplay style (idk what suitable word for it)

No, rush is just a minor alternative format in the same vein as physical speed duel overseas. It's NOT the real deal and the main format is still going strong.

There is no reboot or anything here, and this new studio is just filling in for gallop after they stepped back due to their continous abuse from late arc-v era to the vrains era where things really fell apart. Bridge is obviously less skilled and experienced but they are probably the only one willing to take on the task despite the ugly happenings with gallop's case before.
FuyuSakuraApr 26, 2020 2:31 AM
Apr 26, 2020 6:22 AM
Jul 2015
Romin is waifu UwU
Apr 26, 2020 8:17 AM
Sep 2015
The ED song is really a school anthem LOL

And president of student council is surprisingly supporting of playing card game, usually in card game anime (Vanguard...) he doesn't want card game to play in school.
Apr 26, 2020 8:34 AM
Nov 2019
The story isn't that good (last weeks' was better, so far). But the comedic is something else from this series (I really enjoy the comedic things in this series tho. :V)
Apr 26, 2020 3:52 PM

May 2018
Huh, I enjoyed this duel more than the others so far.
Also I liked when gakuto played Shield and Sword, makes me feel nostalgic :D
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Apr 26, 2020 7:06 PM

Jun 2017
Eh... this predictable formula of Yuuga winning every duel with Sevens Road Magician is already old, and the other stuff in the episodes isn't remotely interesting. Hoping this gets better soon.
Apr 26, 2020 7:20 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, so he really quit being the president for a while.
Apr 30, 2020 7:21 PM

Feb 2014
Sevens Roads Witch would make pretty decent Dark Magician support, I would play her.

Romin is still waifu.
Apr 30, 2020 9:22 PM

May 2013
I agree with what others said this episode looked worse. Was worse than the last one too but now the show is actually gonna start so I am excited to see where they take this.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
May 2, 2020 4:18 PM

Nov 2009
I could have swear that "Shameful Stripped Sage" is based on "Kame Sage" from DBZ... (aka Master Roshi)

And there's the "Heart of Card" OP MC again...

Just like always, the MC gets a "Magician Girl" counterpart that summons the "Main magician".

Too many "sevens" call outs BTW... getting kinda annoying...
amlgMay 2, 2020 4:24 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 8, 2020 10:18 AM

Jan 2013
Using bots to like their own videos ... oof!
May 13, 2020 11:40 AM

Feb 2016
CelestianSeven said:
Eh... this predictable formula of Yuuga winning every duel with Sevens Road Magician is already old, and the other stuff in the episodes isn't remotely interesting. Hoping this gets better soon.

He lost to Rook in Episode 2. WDYM it's "predictable"?
May 13, 2020 11:42 AM

Feb 2016
Good comedy, and an interesting duel.
Jun 8, 2020 8:32 AM
Jul 2016
FuyuSakura said:
Just as expected, sevens road witch!

I liked how they keep things comedic and lighthearted (the like bot and the aftermath of Gakuto's "retirement" for instance). Too bad though, between bridge and the coronavirus that's all that they got for this anime for now.

AlphaOmegaKnight said:

No, rush is just a minor alternative format in the same vein as physical speed duel overseas. It's NOT the real deal and the main format is still going strong.

There is no reboot or anything here, and this new studio is just filling in for gallop after they stepped back due to their continous abuse from late arc-v era to the vrains era where things really fell apart. Bridge is obviously less skilled and experienced but they are probably the only one willing to take on the task despite the ugly happenings with gallop's case before.

>Bridge is obviously less skilled and experienced

but they're still doing their best and there was 2 animators from gallop worked on episode 3 and 5.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 92 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2022

11 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 28, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 87 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2022

5 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 27, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 67 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2021

6 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 66 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

2 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh!: Sevens Episode 65 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

4 by JVskunkape »»
Mar 26, 1:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.