Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 3, 2020 9:35 AM

Mar 2019
It was pretty decent in the end, has some throwbacks to the original SAC series, but yeah not a big fan of the artstyle (i'm starting to dislike Ilya Kuvshinov style haha, i don't know, i feel it's kinda samey across characters) even though animation was ok at times in combat. And what the hell Paz and Borma barely show while they give too much time to Purin and the mercenary who was with the team before became completely irrelevant.

7/10 at most, will watch Season 2 and hope it gets better.
Jul 4, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2016
AlphXcalibyr said:
[...] and the show is exactly how the older seasons were

Good joke.

This new version is trash, especially the first 4 episodes were bad, like really bad. Episode five and six became more interesting and the main story finally became clear. After episode six it became boring again and only the last two episodes were above average.

The idea of post-humans is nice, the concept of "sustainable war" not so much. Visuals are okay for CGI, but the re-design of Motoko is horrible and the new girl "Purin" is terrible, i don't like her at all.

Overall it is an insult to SAC universe and on the same level as the ARISE movies/series.

4/10 for the series.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Sep 1, 2020 12:53 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, I've got mixed feelings over this if I'm to be frank here. Got fairly accustomed to the 3DCG animation by the end but would've obviously preferred some of the original 2D instead.

Story-line is definitely my biggest gripe. It wasn't until the second half that pulled me in, sadly. And then just when the tempo rose to the max, the season calls it fold. Hardly any answers thus far as well but that's understandable with the 2nd season coming and hopefully that'll be able to be more engaging and insightful from the get-go.

It's a pity that Proto was removed from the SAC timeline but the new additions in Purin and Standard weren't half-bad honestly. Lol, the Clown just got ignored from mid-way though.

Old characters brought back their unique charms definitely but, aside from I suppose Batou and Togusa, there wasn't really any development to write home about.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 4, 2020 10:38 PM

Aug 2018
Overall, it was ok. The story was entertaining enough. Action scenes were pretty cool. And I was just happy to see the team back together. Hearing original Japanese VAs reprising their roles was so nice.

CGI was meh as expected. The faces were so expressionless. Major and Togusa are looking way too young.

Pazu and Borma had nothing to do. Was Purin necessary? The things she did should've been done by Ishikawa or Tachikoma (they haven't done any hacking this season, unless Purin will turn out to be a Tachikoma).

I still don't like that Togusa is now divorced. It just doesn't sit well with me since his family was such an important part of his characterization.

Episode 10 was terrible.
Tanya852Jan 22, 2021 10:05 PM
Jan 9, 2021 4:17 AM

Dec 2015
PLEASE NETFLIX STOP!

The only good thing about this trash is the money that goes to Mr. Masamune.
Mar 27, 2022 11:33 PM

Jan 2017
I was not hooked with the plot until after three episodes in and that is when the overall plot felt Stand Alone Complex of the past. I was more focused listening to what the characters have to say, and the story overall, than the animation in my face. Of course I am in the camp which prefers that SAC 2045 should have kept with the hand-drawn art style (more about that later).

As for the show handling the characters...

1. Great to see Section 9 re-united as a team.
2. Purin is annoying to listen to, but she is better than Standard due to her analysis skills.
3. I want to hear Borma talk more and Pazu received the short straw with no talking at all.

Thoughts on the CGI:

Mentally I had to store away the memories of watching SAC season 1 and 2 to tolerate the new visual direction. The difficult part of accepting the decision to use computer graphics is that something(s) could have prevented the animation from looking better than shown at present. Shinji Aramaki is both director of SAC 2045 and Appleseed Alpha, a CGI animated movie released in 2014 for another intellectual property of Shirow Masamune aside from Ghost in the Shell, yet Appleseed Alpha has more visual grittiness to it. In other words, SAC 2045 has too much solid color on the surfaces of the environmental objects and characters themselves with only "main" shadows appearing such as an object standing in the sun while the sun is at an angle (example A). A lack of soft shadows or ambient occlusion (example B) to give depth to objects. As I someone mentioned on an online forum discussion, the characters look like plastic figure statues that would be sold to promote the show.

Example A

Example B

Appleseed Alpha

SAC 2045

Jan 23, 2023 5:29 PM

Oct 2022
Did Togusa just become a post-human?
Mar 9, 2023 1:45 PM

Aug 2012
This might actually be the best Ghost in the Shell series, I was absolutely engrossed throughout and this episode especially was spectacular. I mean what a cliffhanger! Can't wait to get stuck into season 2!
Jun 4, 2023 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
Loved it. Great cliffhanger. Even though I’m seeing less of the Major, I’m in deep with the story. Sad story with this post human and understandable of how we became what he did.

Overall, wasn’t big fan of the CGI in the first episode’s first half but they really did a good job. You can’t watch this while comparing it to 2d anime, they can’t be compared. During the first episode, once I looked at the anime as just a CGI anime, it was easy to watch and since I’m a big fan of ghost in the shell, this anime turned out awesome. 9/10 for me for the first season.

Also the character design and clothing choices for Major, all I can say is hot damn!
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Jul 9, 2023 6:38 AM
Apr 2018
Heartbreaking revelations here, but good stuff.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 24, 2020

11 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteelingMax - Apr 23, 2020

57 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:42 AM

» This series got way too much hate

Tyrannicswine117 - Feb 21, 2021

26 by SametTakao »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 11 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

11 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 10 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

20 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.