Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 24, 2020 4:08 AM

Mar 2014
The animation quality really dropped... it's hurting my eye
Apr 24, 2020 6:39 AM
Jan 2015
I'm kinda disappointed coz they should make the animation for the official first match better!

Thanks to Allah its just some mistake from the studio, gonna rewatch tho!
Apr 24, 2020 7:24 AM

Aug 2018
Jeez, the quality went down the abyss this time...

The episode itself wasn't horrible but my eyes were captivated by something else - and it ain't positive -
Apr 24, 2020 11:03 AM

Nov 2012
Glad there´s an explanation for the animation.

Ill search and rewatch this ep, I was about to drop this, but they deserve a chance.

My Candies:

Apr 24, 2020 2:58 PM
Anime Jesus

Apr 2016
qetou said:
Wow, awful animation quality. Didn't look this bad in previous episodes.
I agree. I love the concept of the story, but I have to enjoy what I see. I thought the art was iffy in the first 3 eps, but it wasn't bad enough for me to drop it. But then we get ep 4, where it seemed like the quality got worse as the ep went on. There was even a random CGI, which isn't inherently bad, but the quality was just so horrible. Honestly, I didn't even finish the episode.
Apr 25, 2020 4:55 AM

Aug 2019
Hoping that they fix the style in next weeks episode
Apr 25, 2020 1:25 PM

Feb 2014
The animation was full of inconsistencies and choppiness. The episode was nice but the animation movements is hard to watch.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Apr 26, 2020 9:50 AM
Jan 2020
Not a great show by any means but it's about female non-ecchi sport so I'm finishing it no matter what.
Visuals are simplistic, story is nothing to write home about but you can't have Hanebado! every season (or even every year) so it'll do in a pinch. It's not like connoisseurs of the subject are spoiled for choice or something. OP/ED are actually pretty good.
The episode is decent - I have no idea about baseball rules but enjoyed it all the same. Also watched the AT-X version so missed all the drama lol.
Apr 27, 2020 2:30 AM
Mar 2018
What's up with the episode ??? Awful animation, frame pacing, character design and why so much padding ?. Did the staff for this episode change ? It was an important match for the team since it will set the momentum for them going forward. But with this level of crappy animation and pacing, they need to do much better going forward when they'll have to animate more of the matches
Apr 27, 2020 2:37 AM
Jan 2020
otaku_nerd7 said:
What's up with the episode ???

Funimation messed up and initially was streaming early master.
This info should probably be stickied somewhere, every other post is asking that
Apr 27, 2020 6:03 AM

May 2009
Timz0r said:
I watched first the broadcast version and I'm glad I did. Still, the animation is still quite bad, but still...

The version that FunAnimation brought out made me wanted to make stab my eyeballs out. Why does FunAnimation still exist at this point? FunAnimation is a fucking joke.

I hope you aren't implying you think that Funi is animation studio.
Apr 27, 2020 11:08 AM

Aug 2018
bastek66 said:

No, I was just refering at FunAnimation's other terrible mistakes from the past.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Apr 27, 2020 10:37 PM
May 2016
really liked this episode, even if they included a lot more bad CG. I liked how the game played out, and that they lost in the end(first game after all). The episode could've used better direction, but I'm guessing they weren't making things too tense due to it being a practice game and all
Apr 27, 2020 10:38 PM
May 2016
Timz0r said:
bastek66 said:

No, I was just refering at FunAnimation's other terrible mistakes from the past.

Bad subtitles I'm guessing? I was getting that too, had trouble following a few scenes because of it
Apr 28, 2020 9:12 PM

May 2015
The fact that the studio sent this version to the streaming service (correct version has been replace already) is even worse... For matter fact, this is a fail for the studio, not the streaming service. You should know what the heck are you sending.

Anyhow, the series is pretty bad either way,...

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 29, 2020 3:20 AM

Sep 2018
It's not a studio mistake, it was funimations.

They send works in progress (probably animated by an intern) so the subs can be done before the anime is aired in Japan. Then add the subs when the completed anime comes in near air date.

Obviously the last part was a problem, it's obvious they don't check what they send out by the interspecies reviewers saga.
Apr 29, 2020 2:37 PM

May 2015
QPR said:
It's not a studio mistake, it was funimations.

They send works in progress (probably animated by an intern) so the subs can be done before the anime is aired in Japan. Then add the subs when the completed anime comes in near air date.

So extremely shit quality is sent beforehand so they can add subs?.... I have never heard about that before... How do you know that's what happened here and that it wasn't a mistake by this new studio (any factual sources)?

Anyhow, I don't really care, this just tells me about the awful production this series is at right now... if this is what you sent to organizations as a work in progress, then there is a problem with your series...

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 30, 2020 2:29 AM

Sep 2018
Everyone does it that way, it's the only way to get subs done on time because they are still working on it until the air date.

The aired footage was pretty far along compared how it starts out.
Apr 30, 2020 2:35 AM

Jun 2012
Welp, looks like this show is going to be doomed to being the most underrated show of the season just because Funimation royally screwed up and released the unfinished version. (Which was the first version of this episode I watched, and I was just staring in awe at the screen wondering what the hell happened. I could tell something went horribly wrong, since the episode was full of uncolored untextured backgrounds, terribly-distorted keyframes, and almost no motion at all in several scenes, but initially just assumed it was either Corona or the studio just completely running out of time for some reason. I was VERY glad when I came here to compare notes with people and discovered that it was a mistake, and not the correct version.)

This show is fine. It's not anything exceptional, but it's a perfectly acceptable sports show.

I REALLY REALLY appreciate that the main characters are actually passionate for baseball and actually have interesting team dynamics and strategies, and that this isn't a moeblob show. The visuals are still a bit janky, there was way more obvious CG in this episode than I was hoping for, but it's a perfectly enjoyable popcorn sports series to just shut your brain off and have fun with. I like the characters, and there's just enough interpersonal drama and self-doubt to keep it dynamic.
May 3, 2020 8:20 PM

Aug 2018
I rewatched it
much better than funi version
B O C C H I  S W E E P
May 6, 2020 2:17 PM

Jan 2015
My girl Nozomi got called out first during team formation plan (first batter!!!) and she did quite fine in their match, even gotten attention from the super OP ace of the other team and even hit back one of her balls

I liked when Yomi asked captain to say something before the match started and captain was full >_<
May 11, 2020 1:57 AM

Oct 2015
Yeah, the fixed version doesn't look as bad
May 23, 2020 2:39 AM

Apr 2011
That was a huge dip in animation. Unfortuntely, I watched the crappy version and it made it hard to watch. Even so, not worth watching again since they lose the game. Well its just a practice match and the girls at least have fun.
Jun 14, 2020 11:25 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Quality drop? Such a shame. Even i found some error art in some sceneries. Ah, so sad looking on this episode. Oh well, what can i expect? Nevertheless, everything not just easy. They even lost there. Atleast they were doing funny thing, with... Emmh... Yeah like that! So let just move on to the other episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 1, 2020 8:56 AM

Jul 2015
They played pretty good for their first match against a highranked team especially considering some of them are newbies and some are bit out of shape after playing in a terrible team *cough* Yomi *cough*
Really thought the animation quality went really downhill until I read that Funimation made a mistake by releasing an early master while the tv broadcast was just fine. Still pretty hilarious to see it this bad.

Jul 2, 2020 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
What the heck the animation is so ugly. I can't stop laughing because their face looks like it was distorted and its right on the practice match episode too. Good job, Funi! The quality drop is hilarious.
removed-userJul 2, 2020 9:36 AM
Jun 24, 2021 10:43 AM

Feb 2020
It was an nice match. Soon they will be ready for the official match. :)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2020

65 by Sylicone »»
Sep 17, 2022 3:25 PM

» Any Chance Of A 2nd Season?

Roderick24_ - Jan 25, 2022

2 by goodbyedays »»
Jan 26, 2022 4:05 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2020

19 by Kojo127 »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:54 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13, 2020

23 by Kojo127 »»
Jul 3, 2021 3:10 AM

Poll: » Tamayomi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2020

19 by Kojo127 »»
Jul 3, 2021 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.