Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2020 2:34 AM
Aug 2016
Pros:
+Consistency in the strength of the plot
+Amazing Character developments of side characters like Hinata, Shimizu and Tanaka
+Relatively Fluid animation compared to most of the anime (Yes, I said that it's relative because it's bad compared to S1-S3, but at the same time, the main action moments were adapted well, especially the matches in the final episodes)
+Great teams introduced to fill the void of Powerhouses like Aoba Johsai and Shiratorizawa

Cons:
-Drop in animation for things like facial expressions and body figures. (But that's it. More or less, all the important moments had amazing animation for the faces and the body in general.)

This is what I've observed. And clearly, the pros obviously overweigh the cons. So, how in bloody hell is a drop in animation making you so intolerant that you start nitpicking things about this amazing show? Yes, there are drops. Yes, it's not as good as the first three seasons. So what? It's still better than most of the anime out there. At the very least, it's not pure slide show like Diamond no Ace. If that would have been the case, it would have totally killed the fanbase.
Apr 21, 2020 3:05 AM

Oct 2019
i mean it's a bit hard to come to a definitive conclusion about this season when we're only in the 1st cour.

that being said, this first cour consists solely of training. in one of the reviews about this season i saw someone wrote the following: "Now I know some training is important as the most popular alternative to training is just straight out ass-pulls, but is most of the season really necessary? Watching the whole “Hinata accidentallies himself into the big boi training grounds” pretext is just painfully boring."

i love Haikyuu, but there's no harm in making criticisms about the series.
i agree with your comment about Diamond no Ace and animation; however, what probably stands out in DnA is that there's always continuous action. DnA has a huuuge cast, so there's always games. obviously, with this latest Haikyuu season that is not the case.

this season is not bad, it's just meh. we've still got the 2nd cour though, so perhaps we can make a more solid statement about the season as a whole when we really get to the playing.
Dec 3, 2020 4:58 PM
Nov 2016
hinata a uknown force after all the hitting scores from other seasons. Season 4 of this anime becomeso naive...Destroy the mc plot shield so well and have a confused story or dialogue
rz356tre3Dec 3, 2020 5:01 PM
Dec 13, 2020 2:22 PM

Jan 2017
Koustubh said:
Pros:
+Consistency in the strength of the plot
+Amazing Character developments of side characters like Hinata, Shimizu and Tanaka
+Relatively Fluid animation compared to most of the anime (Yes, I said that it's relative because it's bad compared to S1-S3, but at the same time, the main action moments were adapted well, especially the matches in the final episodes)
+Great teams introduced to fill the void of Powerhouses like Aoba Johsai and Shiratorizawa

Cons:
-Drop in animation for things like facial expressions and body figures. (But that's it. More or less, all the important moments had amazing animation for the faces and the body in general.)

This is what I've observed. And clearly, the pros obviously overweigh the cons. So, how in bloody hell is a drop in animation making you so intolerant that you start nitpicking things about this amazing show? Yes, there are drops. Yes, it's not as good as the first three seasons. So what? It's still better than most of the anime out there. At the very least, it's not pure slide show like Diamond no Ace. If that would have been the case, it would have totally killed the fanbase.

The way the ball moves is so cringe I hate it.
you're cool
Dec 13, 2020 8:21 PM

Apr 2015
wtf I don't even know why the hate.
Dec 13, 2020 9:25 PM
Aug 2016
ShadowUnown said:
wtf I don't even know why the hate.

Exactly my point. It's not even that bad that people start hating.
Dec 14, 2020 5:11 PM

Oct 2015
I loved every bit of the story in this season just like I did in the previous ones. I am someone who actually likes training episodes when done properly. I think Haikyuu does this exceptionally well, people might find it boring but in anime like this, training is a very important part of character development. Timeskips and secret techniques from one day to another are kinda weird for me. (Kuroko no Basuke does this and we get to the point where in the end everyone is just pure bs. I think seeing Hinata get better at defense is so freaking redeeming compared to any other power up.
As for the animation quality... I'm fine with the different style, I really am, I have 36 volumes on my shelf with this style but god... it felt so unsatisfying to watch those animations and still pictures. Especially in the last episode at the climax... It destroyed my love for this season. It was still okay but had to rewatch aoba josai vs karasuno last point instantly to wash my eyes clean. The difference is just so much. Whoever doesn't see this problem (and it is a serious one) with the season is not paying enough attention imo. (no offense). Every other aspect was awesome, but we are talking about an ANIME, animation needs to be good to be enjoyable.
Mar 27, 2021 1:19 AM
Feb 2019
I agree ! I watched all 3 seasons 2 years ago but I didn't continue it cuz apparently this aired 1 year later of when I finished 3 seasons and just now I rewatched all 3 seasons and watched just 5 episodes of this now and I'm loving it No doubt the first 3 seasons are made a lot better in comparison to this ( animation and all ) but that really didn't matter to me much After I rewatched the 3 seasons I was kinda disappointed at haikyuu cuz apparently when I watched it for the first time I loved it a lot but now it's been more than 2 years and my taste changed and all
..not like haikyuu isn't nice as it was... it's the same... Just that my taste changed so the problem I was having was that there's no break for the characters Not much moments even the main duo ( I'm talking about something other than practice and matches ...like we just knew how the characters interact only when it comes to volleyball we didn't had much moments and their background which felt like it's weakness It was like practice and have a match that was what the whole series felt kinda blend) but watching this makes me kinda relieved ( how the writer gave them a break ..like not just playing matches or practice ....it was more like development arc and moments and all ) so I like how this season deals with that one and only weakness of Haikyuu ! If it's the animation that the people have a problem with this season then I can't say anything much because what I'm liking is the content The animation isn't THAT bad too 😓
Kawai__ImoutoMar 27, 2021 1:23 AM
May 10, 2021 7:01 PM

Dec 2009
Honestly, the drop in animation quality is so drastic that it's really distracting. I guess I could forgive it (but not really) if it was only in the intense action scenes because they're harder to animate, but even when characters are standing around it just looks like the illustrators didn't care.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

176 by Jekkii1 »»
Apr 4, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

69 by Jekkii1 »»
Mar 23, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

94 by adbeaver »»
Feb 25, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

107 by vit_ »»
Feb 18, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2020

84 by Remotepaper »»
Jan 20, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.