Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 21, 2020 4:40 AM

Oct 2017
Really touching episode but ofc amusing too since Yuki's brother was there XD.
Apr 21, 2020 5:53 AM

Jun 2015
the character growth... and showing the big brother finally opening the door to his lil bro's room meaning they finally opened up to each other after years ... TOP TlER
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Apr 21, 2020 6:02 AM

Feb 2014
I think this was the last episode from the original 2001 show that the new adaptation hasn't covered until now. Like before, the new one does a really good job with adapting Ayame's visit to Shigure's house as well as Tohru and Yuki's visit to Ayame's craft shop.

As expected, Ayame's antics remains one of my favourite things about him. From being all hyper around to the hilarious yoai-baiting with Shigure, Ayame never fails to put a smile on my face or make me laugh.

His heart-to-heart talk with Yuki at his shop was really good, tough. We got to see what he was like when Yuki was a lot younger and how he refused to help him back then when they both lived with their parents, which he does come to regret.

This is why he wants to be the best brother to Yuki now to make up for his mistakes in the past and that makes him even more likeable. Not to forget, his assistant, Mine, is super cute and the outfit that she helped Tohru into was pretty pretty. =3

coreynj said:
Who the hell peels a peach? Don't you just eat it like an apple?

There're some people in the world who would prefer to eat an apple without the skin on. Nothing wrong with that or peeling a peach, since it's just a preference after all. =)
Apr 21, 2020 6:33 AM

Feb 2017
Ayame is so fun. I love every time he shows up. It was also nice to see him and Yuki bonding. Good stuff.
Apr 21, 2020 8:05 AM

Jun 2017
What matters most is redemption. No matter what a person did to you in the past, as long as they regret it and want to compensate, they deserve another chance. Ayame as a brother was only disregarding Yuki which for others, didn't sound tragic but it had a big impact on Yuki as a kid. He needed his brother most of all but he turned his back on him. I'm glad to see they're starting to get along together.

I wish it was Kyou who saw Tohru in a white dress though. I'd love to see his reaction.
KoniginElleApr 21, 2020 7:01 PM

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Apr 21, 2020 8:36 AM

Mar 2016
Bibimbapski said:
Loved this episode as always! I heard next week's episode will be even better. Anyways, it's always a treat to see Ayame terrorize Yuki. I love seeing Yuki get upset, it shows that he is human with normal human emotions.

LOL at Yuki saying "It's coming! It's coming! I don't know what it is but it's coming!" when Ayame ran towards him in a bridal gown. I feel like this version was funnier than the original since this is more solemn and the comedy that comes out of nowhere and attacks while the original version, although it was also good in its own way, was more comedic with drama thrown in.

Sometimes I wonder why people in the forum thread here call the comedy in this show cringe, when it’s the kind most of us should be quite familiar with in pretty much any shoujo series, anyway.
Apr 21, 2020 8:52 AM
Aug 2016
Ayame's philosophy in life to create something that exists because he made it was so touching. No wonder Yuki also devotes himself to gardening. I was so happy to see the brothers exchange deep talks to angry brawls. Hoping to see Yuki grow more and more happy.
It's a season of change I guess.

P.S : shout out to Kuramae Mine for supporting Ayame so much!
Also Tohru looked devastatingly cute in that white dress as Ayame looked in that wedding dress!
Apr 21, 2020 9:24 AM

Dec 2016
Oh my! Tohru is the cutest! <3 The memories from the past made me sad :( Anyways great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 21, 2020 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Ayame's eccentricity and immeasurable charisma are pure gold to gaze at. It is fun and entertaining. He is a strong character, despite the many faults he thinks of himself. Just the fact that he is trying to establish a bond with his younger brother shows how strongly willing he is. It is quite sad too.

His relationship with his assistant is quite interesting as well. He seems to potentially hold some romantic feelings for her. I wonder if that will be explored further.
Apr 21, 2020 2:59 PM
Mar 2015
Torhu is very cute The brother reach out to each other
Apr 21, 2020 6:17 PM

Aug 2015
Meta_Yoshi said:
coreynj said:
Who the hell peels a peach? Don't you just eat it like an apple?

There're some people in the world who would prefer to eat an apple without the skin on. Nothing wrong with that or peeling a peach, since it's just a preference after all. =)
Peeling an apple or a peach is like peeling the breading off of a chicken nugget. You just don't. It's heresy.
Apr 21, 2020 10:26 PM
Apr 2018
Takahiro Sakurai voice acting performance this episode... WOW.

And I really tried hard to suppressed my Tohru x Yuki heart. That frame ALMOST got me haha!
Apr 22, 2020 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Ayame, more than the jinxster to Yuki, seems like he always trolls him, and even in front of Shigure. But instead, mending leftover Chapters 36 and 47 to focus on their brotherly relationship, one that's always strained in some form.

And of course, Ayame loves all things art and craft, and as such a very frantic episode.

The main topic is how Yuki and Ayame overcame their family's struggles and even to maintain this fragile relationship that has been tainted ever since. The courage to do tangible things and not let their lives be tools, in all their resolutions.

In retrospect, Ayame's charisma was the one that struck a chord between Yuki and himself, regardless of their differences, which is a good compromise.

As usual, an informative and good repaired-relations episode.
Apr 22, 2020 12:30 PM

Sep 2018
Too funny this anime if in the narration there is the character of Ayame, but the intriguing thing is that there was also the possibility of knowing better certain aspects of this character, I did not expect him to have a partner, whose way of doing and his tastes are similar to a man who defines himself full of "refined and noble charisma". As they say, God first makes them and then couples them. Eheheheheh!!!
Apr 23, 2020 2:40 PM

Nov 2015
I liked this episode a lot. Ayame is loud but still fun. Nice to see the two brothers bonding. Ayame and his desire to create really hit me. I've thought briefly about the same thing before, but haven't actually acted on it. It's almost... inspiring.
Apr 23, 2020 8:01 PM

Jul 2016
Every episode featuring Ayame is a good episode. I love this fabulous man so much, even more now that we got a brief glimpse of his past as well as how he used to be.

Pretty good episode overall. Not gonna lie, I missed Kyou but considering the focus would be mostly on Yuki's character, not having him around was a good choice in the end. This said, seeing Yuki bonding (kind of) with his older brother was quite heartwarming. Really liked the talk they had.

So next episode seems to have Haru as the center. Absolutely looking forward to it!
Apr 24, 2020 12:31 PM

Jul 2009
I was sure they would dress Tohru as a bride!
Apr 24, 2020 2:08 PM

Dec 2015
I just love Ayame's antics. Just how flamboyant can you make a character? Good to see a different side of him too though. He really hurt Yuki in the past though and his regrets are deserved; but him trying to finally act like an actual brother will probably do wonders for Yuki too and, when done well, improve their relationship. It will never be perfect again but when a healthy brotherly relationship grows it will be beneficial to both of them.
Apr 24, 2020 4:53 PM

Dec 2016
I went into this episode thinking I wouldn't like it, because I didn't enjoy the last episode that much. But I was pleasantly surprised! Very nice episode.
Apr 25, 2020 5:40 PM

Apr 2018
Great ep. Really nice seeing Ayame and Yuki interacting with each other. Ayame does really care about Yuki.
Apr 25, 2020 6:01 PM

Dec 2013
Ayame is still as hilarious as ever.

Toru really did look cute in that dress.
Apr 26, 2020 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
I was so excited for this episode to finally come out! just as cute as I expected - Ayame is so goofy and silly, just like in the old anime. And I loved the dress he put Tohru in, it was a lot cuter than the one she wore in the older anime. ^_^
Apr 26, 2020 4:48 PM

May 2016
Ayame really was cold back then I almost cried for Yuuki's past.
he is acting in this stupid way to keep up with his guilt towards Yuuki, cause he knows
if he shows regret and pathetic side of his everything might crush between him and Yuuki.

Tohru looked gorgeous in that Lace outfit.
Apr 26, 2020 11:19 PM
Feb 2020
I really started to like ayame..
I'm glad yuki's trying to make good relation with his bother
Apr 27, 2020 2:58 AM

Sep 2019
Imagine freshly waking up from a nightmare, seeing your brother and just thinking "I hate life".
And Ayame scares me with his passion... but as a man, I have to respect how much he enjoys "cultured" clothing.

...I'm still curious if a man actually wanted a wedding dress for himself, or that Ayame just got the instructions wrong?
Other than that, as Ayame would probably say, "this brotherly love is tearjerking, and amazing as I am!"

"This is romance"
*WHEEZE*
Nice cut-in.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

May 20, 2020 11:08 AM

Jun 2007
again the idea that everyone who's broken needs someone to fix them *sigh* but i'm not even mad at this point which is good
KoniginElle said:
I wish it was Kyou who saw Tohru in a white dress though. I'd love to see his reaction.

i thought the same lul
coreynj said:
Meta_Yoshi said:

Peeling an apple or a peach is like peeling the breading off of a chicken nugget. You just don't. It's heresy.

true. tell em brother
StormShaun said:
or that Ayame just got the instructions wrong?

haha you wish!!
see you, space cowperson . . .
May 27, 2020 5:19 AM

Oct 2007
not much to say except Tohru-chan looks beautiful in that white dress! :)
Jun 4, 2020 1:26 PM
Apr 2016
It was already one of my favourite episodes in the previous adaptation! This one really did it justice.... Touched me particularly as just like Yuki, I struggled to communicate with my sibling for a long time. Their inside monologues were beautiful and just really so wholesome and realistic of human relationships and family relationships in general. Also .... I just love the end when Aya calls poor Hatori to tell him :D
Jul 7, 2020 3:00 PM

May 2013
Ayame is such a character hahahah xD

Yuki and Hatori have got their hands full lmao :D

Mine is so sweet to stick with Aya :')
Jul 22, 2020 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
Ayame and Yuki episode. It's quite interesting that they show another side of Ayame. I have to admit that they should tone down the comedy a bit at times so the transition doesn't feel forced. And finally, Tooru in that dress is cute!

4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 29, 2020 6:35 AM
Oct 2019
Better. The brother is a character. Get some backstory on him.
Sep 4, 2020 5:00 AM

Jun 2020
sakurai takahiro did a great job on this episode, the voice acting was GREAT, so much range!

great episode, i'm glad the brothers are repairing and building their relationship. tohru's so cute as usual~

......LOL

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 26, 2020 5:35 PM
Jul 2020
Aw I loved this episode!! Ayame is the best!
Oct 27, 2020 11:07 PM

Oct 2013
>being Ayame
>calling up the fam to tell everyone about his little brother's first boner
>this is why Yuki can't stand your ass

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 11, 2020 10:30 PM

Dec 2013
I wonder if Mine knows the Zodiac Curse? She and Ayame get along really well. And she was like the "Tohru" of Ayame. It's nice to see some brotherly scenese between Yuki and Ayame. Wish they will get closer.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Feb 18, 2021 1:28 AM

Nov 2019
Fantasy!

This episode made me laugh so hard! Was also very touching at the same time!
Mar 3, 2021 1:32 PM
Dec 2020
honestly, the relationship between ayame and yuki is so complex and bomb

also, tell me im not the only one who screeched when yuki complimented tohru
Mar 4, 2021 12:14 PM

May 2016
I can't get over the new opening, I love it so much T_T

I really enjoyed this ep, Yuki looooves Tooru in that dress, and we learned more about Yuki's childhood too.
Mar 18, 2021 6:05 AM

Jun 2019
Ayame and Yuki's convo. was precious. Also, Tohru was looking really cute.
Apr 19, 2021 2:15 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Another great episode, it is slow, but I really like how things have developed thus far, that you at leisure see the characters erupt from their shells.

The talking between the brothers got me warm up and seeing Tohru on that dress, CUTE!
Apr 19, 2021 3:54 PM

Mar 2010
tohru was stunning in dat outfit, the opposite color of the other gal no less lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 16, 2021 8:17 AM

Apr 2020
fruits basket: brotherhood. nice

I bet that maid would be more stunning if she untied her hair

Yuki's compliment was pretty cool. I'll take note of that just in case
May 28, 2021 8:25 PM
May 2020
omg i love ayameeeeee so mucccch!!! i burst out laughing in that embroidery lmao. still, he's the best bro — he might be cold to yuki in the past but look at them now. i'm glad that yuki is tryin to understand his bro. i'm soft for these two. T_____T anw, I've been thinking what would be kyo's reaction if he saw tohru on that costume. omggg i'd love to see that.
Jul 21, 2021 9:50 PM
Apr 2017
I love Ayame in this, he's such a goofball! I know that Yuki and Ayame don't see eye to eye just yet, but it's great that they are finally sharing some moments together. Also, good on Yuki for getting to see Tohru all dressed up!
Aug 5, 2021 8:48 AM

Jul 2021
Ayame and Shigure do be sharing a single brain cell when they are together. Ummm What was Yuki gonna do if he wasn't interrupted by Aya san. Good to see ayame making effort to right his wrongs.
Sep 10, 2021 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
Truly an expert in a man's romance! Ayame is as extravagant as always where its heartwarming to see him growing closer to his brother Yuki compared to the cold past.

Sep 20, 2021 1:16 PM

Nov 2018
Meta_Yoshi said:

As expected, Ayame's antics remains one of my favourite things about him. From being all hyper around to the hilarious yoai-baiting with Shigure, Ayame never fails to put a smile on my face or make me laugh.

I feel exactly the same! At any rate, this episode made me like Ayame so much that I wished very badly to have been able to meet him in person! I would have liked the chance to have a chat with Shigure too 😁! But these things wouldn't be possible, would it 😩? Maybe only in my imagination...
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Dec 4, 2021 12:40 PM

Dec 2007
ayame never fails to deliver serious humour episode, my favourite sohma.
really love his relationship with yuki.

felt though this episode needed more kyou.
Feb 24, 2022 11:55 AM

Jan 2019
Every time a new side character is introduced, I pray that they're not annoying, and it always fails. I'm so impressed by this anime's ability to make 99% of its side characters as dislikable as possible, even though the story of the Soma family is so good...

I'm really eager to see what new types of irritating side characters will be introduced in the next episodes!
Aug 3, 2022 11:20 PM
Jun 2022
Well, I can now understand why the relationship between Yuki and his older brother is so strained. Yuki was neglected by his older brother, and never put any effort in to build the relationship

If that doesn't shatter any type of relationship formed, then I don't now what will. Because any type of relationship or friendship isn't a one way rodeo. Both parties have to put in the effort, otherwise it doesn't work, and is pointless.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

162 by haniayasmine »»
Apr 21, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

239 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.