Forum Settings
Forums

Rate My Taste That I Rated Only On Pure “Enjoyment”

New
Apr 18, 2020 2:44 PM

Sep 2019
I’ve recently reset all my scores, because I want to start over with my rating system,
But before I do that, I’ve scored a 100 something anime with what people like to call just based of enjoyment. Which is my question as well, what is “enjoyment” to people that rate this way? I just feel it’s just so vague when people say that. So I just took
What is generally considered rating this way this, so I ignored all inconsistencies, poor pacing, sloppy animation, etc. And just rated them on how much i liked seeing what was happening on screen.

BTW This isn’t to hate on people that rate this way, it’s just a question to people that give an answer to a question like “Why did you give Shield Hero a 10??” Because I liked it and I rate only on pure enjoyment.
ZayvexApr 18, 2020 4:51 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 18, 2020 2:54 PM
Jul 2019
YuisGiita said:
I’ve recently reset all my scores, because I want to start over with my rating system,
But before I do that, I’ve scored a 100 something anime with what people like to call just based of enjoyment. Which is my question as well, what is “enjoyment” to people that rate this way? I just feel it’s just so vague when people say that. So I just took
What is generally considered rating this way this, so I ignored all inconsistencies, poor pacing, sloppy animation, etc. And just rated them on how much i liked seeing what was happening on screen.

BTW This isn’t to hate on people that rate this way, it’s just a question to people that give an answer to a question like “Why did you give Shield Hero a 10??” Because I liked it and I rate only on pure enjoyment.

If I watch and there's thrilling scenes that are exciting I will generally give it a high score. Sports anime that has exciting game scenes. Magic/fantasy anime that has exciting scenes with a good story line. If I feel like I'm connected to the characters I'll give it a high rating. If it makes me smile I give it a high rating. I don't go too in depth about whether the plot could be changed this or that way. That's up to the creator to decide.
Apr 18, 2020 3:09 PM

Jan 2018
You can give a good rating if you didn't bat an eye when something feels off. For example I would give re zero a 10 if I binge it (highly likely), it was the pain of waiting it to finish airing lol.

It's okay to stay true to rating system, especially if you like to write or having smart as discussion.
Apr 18, 2020 3:10 PM
Jan 2015
I don't think there's that much of a difference between rating by enjoyment or by "quality". You'd generally enjoy a better-written and produced anime more. But I think some people that claim to rate that way give out high scores too easily; though it's their decision obviously. "That was pretty fun" shouldn't equal a masterpiece for example. But all in all, enjoyment and quality are pretty much the same thing imo.
Apr 18, 2020 3:14 PM

Jan 2019
Honestly, how you rate don't matter. It's YOUR list, rate it however you like. Personally, I like set certain benchmark anime as what a 10, 9, 8, etc. should be and then rate relatively from there.

The most important thing in a scale is consistency imo.

animeanimeanime

Apr 18, 2020 3:17 PM

Jul 2019
Dear moderators, there is always one or two of you active all the time. Can someone pls tell me why this kind of threads are still not locked?
Apr 18, 2020 3:40 PM
Feb 2017
I mean even out of enjoyment (which is what I score with), Shield Hero was a 6/10. So many things made me roll my eyes, and after what the first 3 episodes showed it was one of the biggest disappointments I've ever seen.

NamikazeHime said:
Dear moderators, there is always one or two of you active all the time. Can someone pls tell me why this kind of threads are still not locked?

I mean do you have any better threads to make? It's either this or nothing.
Apr 18, 2020 3:42 PM

Mar 2020
I just don’t rate anymore, it honestly gives me a headache lol.
Apr 19, 2020 12:19 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread locked.
Anime Discussion is a board for general anime discussion, not for rating individual user's lists. That's why all topics asking to rate lists have now been locked.

If you want to rate someone's list, favorites etc. then we have a few forum games that you can join:

- Rate the above lists
- Rate the Anime/Manga list design of the user above you
- What do you think about 10's on above user list and how much would you rate it?
- Rate the above user's "Last List Updates!" on a scale from 1-10 ;D
- Pick the best anime out the above user's favorites v5
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 1 hour ago

11 by EastIndiaCompany »»
2 minutes ago

» Have you ever come across anime-related fakes?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 3 hours ago

10 by traed »»
6 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

120 by FFandMMfan »»
12 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - 5 hours ago

14 by Kenzolo-folk »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.