Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 16, 2020 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, this Haru and Daisuke duo really is something. I hope they can get along better now they are partners for investigations.

Speaking of which, there's another case this episode and the duo even gets involved with a journalist in the city. Quite an entertaining episode though. For a show with serious themes, they managed to make this both thrilling and fun, mostly thanks to the main cast imo. Lol, that ending.
Stark700Apr 16, 2020 9:27 AM
Apr 16, 2020 11:07 AM

Jul 2017
Firstly to address the elephant in the room, it's a shame this show is going to be delayed after episode 3 due to the coronavirus pandemic. I'm not a fan of this show so far but there are many fans that have enjoyed the start of this so its a shame. It's probably going to affect even more shows now so let's all just wait and see how everything goes after, and wait and see when this will air again after episode 3.

Regarding the actual episode itself, meh. I think the fact that I hate Daisuke's character and the actual stories that happen in these episodes kills my mood completely.

But at least, the OSTs used in this show were so good and elevated the chaotic nature tenfold.

Overall, this is a bad show so far, for me personally. But again, shame this is getting delayed soon like a lot of the other anime that got postponed already.
Apr 16, 2020 11:12 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
First episode was funnier and this one more serious but it was still really captivating
Apr 16, 2020 11:23 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that's some mansion the Kambe family holds. Kambe asking for the waiter for meals really shocked me, I thought he bought out the hotel already but it turned out to be his very house. I was expecting him to own like an island and a fortress there or something of the sort lol.

Quite a tame end to this series of crime though but I feel like there's surely more to this than that catches the eye. It's certainly going to be interesting to see just how far Kambe can go with apprehending manners by the looks of the first two episodes.

Katou falling for Ms. Kambe though, this is definitely going to bring out some gold moments in the future episodes between the two main leads xD. But for now, it's off to Hong Kong lol.

It's a real pity that this will get postponed too. I'm not fully hooked just yet but certainly more than curious at least to keep hoping I'll ultimately.

@starlightshine Lmfao, that's a hilarious find. Such standards, much wow.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 16, 2020 11:24 AM

Dec 2015
I can't believe Kambe spent 10 times the amount used to bribe celebrities on customizing his goddamn cup noodles.
Apr 16, 2020 11:36 AM

Mar 2015
My main complaint so far is Kanbe voice, not feeling it at all, i have a bigger problem with the voice than i have with the character.

That said, even if i have some problems with the show, i can't deny that it has Style, and seems to know where to go. Sad that this will be paused because of Covid.
Apr 16, 2020 11:54 AM

Mar 2020
not really sure how i feel about this series yet. i can't really tell if i love it or hate it. overall, the show isn't very captivating to me as of right now, probably because the plot isn't too interesting and i'm not a fan of the way money is used in the show to buy yourself out of problems, for answers, etc. it all just sounds too easy in my opinion.

however, the looks of the characters keep me interested lmao, and i have hope that things will somehow get better as the show goes on. it's not incredibly boring, but it's not incredibly interesting either. just my opinion.

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

Apr 16, 2020 11:56 AM
Apr 2020
Daisuke and Suzue are relatives, siblings perhaps. They kinda look the same. 😅
Apr 16, 2020 11:58 AM

May 2019
So far this anime is "cool rich guy doing cool stuff while looking cool" feat. angry Miyano Mamoru. I can't really say I'm impressed but it's still somewhat enjoyable.

I hope we get more than that in the following episodes.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 16, 2020 12:03 PM

Feb 2019
Anime twitter so obsessed with Daisuke lmao

Sad news tho, looks like it’ll be delayed after next episode. Corona chan took another

Damn man why does she have a bat cave monitor set up in her house lol

96 percent of the show’s budget goes to Daisuke flexing. This is glorious. That’s RPG shot out the chopper was insane

This is probably one of the goofiest and most fun shows I’ve seen, feels like something you’d watch after school on Cartoon Network. Looking forward to next week
Apr 16, 2020 12:05 PM

Jun 2019
Wow more amazing episode!
Kambe was so badass when firing a bazooka.
Really love how smart Kambe to capture those criminals
Apr 16, 2020 12:10 PM

Jul 2017
today's car of attraction is the lovely Alfa Romeo 4C

overall ep was not as goofy as the previous one, so didn't really enjoy this one as much. I did like the final bits with the helicopter and launcher though, although I thought he was actually gonna go and blow up the place :P
Apr 16, 2020 12:31 PM

Sep 2010
Oooh they changed the opening a bit

soo...is that girl Daisuke's wife or...?
Apr 16, 2020 12:36 PM

Nov 2016
Rather tame compared to the banger start, but not that I was expecting it to get as crazy to begin with. Nonetheless a cool episode with some amusing highlights.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2020 12:39 PM

Mar 2020
I just wanna know if Suzue is Daisuke's sibling or wife. They have the same last names but they didn't really do anything that points out their relationship yet.
Apr 16, 2020 12:41 PM

Apr 2009
cherlin said:
I just wanna know if Suzue is Daisuke's sibling or wife. They have the same last names but they didn't really do anything that points out their relationship yet.

I'm assumed siblings because they have same color hair and eyes. I could be wrong though I guess.
Apr 16, 2020 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
very enjoyable episode, I like Kambes character even more than in the first one - looking forward to the rest of the show, hope we get to watch it again soon XD
Apr 16, 2020 12:51 PM

Aug 2016
This was better than the first episode imo (liked that one a lot as well tho). The opening is absolutely amazing and the ost aswell. I'm not feeling the characters tho except for the Kambes, that woman (wife?? sister?? idk) is so awesome <3 I really like her. I have a bit of a problem with Daisuke's voice, but other than that I'm really curious about his character. but I guess I have to wait a while to find out ;;
dino-chanApr 16, 2020 12:55 PM
Apr 16, 2020 12:52 PM

Sep 2017
This show really doesn't take itself seriously. Going into this episode with that mind set made this a lot more fun to watch. Dude is like the most goofy super secret agent ever.

Also it's a real shame this show will be postponed dude to COVID. Safety first of course, but F in the chat for all the shows affected.
Apr 16, 2020 12:56 PM

Mar 2017
The black-haired woman is so beautiful that I guessed she was Daisuke's relative haha

I can't explain how much I already love this anime; the buddy cop vibe is brilliant, especially since Daisuke & Haru are poplar opposites. I have to say though, I agree with Haru; I hate the way Daisuke does things!

Daisuke is so f**king sexy though and his voice is so gorgeous but I think we need to appreciate Haru too; he has beautiful golden eyes and he's so boyishly handsome and those lashes 😍

I'm so sad that we only get 3 eps before it's postponed *cries internally*
Apr 16, 2020 12:56 PM
May 2015
Episode 1 was funnier imo but I enjoyed this episode. Daisuke starting a ramen company simply because he liked the taste of ramen noodles was adorably funny, lol. Can't wait to see their shenanigans in Hong Kong. This anime feels like what would happen if Dazai and Chuuya were thrown into Durarara.

cherlin said:

Some type of relative, maybe. In ep 1 he only mentioned having parents, no siblings. They look like they could be twins (she literally looks like female Daisuke) and they also have no rings, so I don't think it's a romantic relationship (but the OP has her on his lap. idek anymore tbh). They didn't use any words that indicated a sibling/platonic/romantic relationship and she only said she was working "under Daisuke's orders". They also seem to be on first name basis, which in Japan means you're close to them (not necessarily romantically close). Official website still has Suzue as ~mysterious~ so at this point it's just waiting until the end of the series to see if she's his secret wife or some half sibling or something.
Apr 16, 2020 1:19 PM

Dec 2014
damn slapping money like that..... kinda felt bad yoou know
Apr 16, 2020 1:40 PM

Apr 2017
Yeah, I'm still enjoying it. It's very stylish! Mamoru's voice-acting is on point and the dynamic between the two mains is fun to watch. Kinda reminds me a bit of the The Man from U.N.C.L.E. remake.
Apr 16, 2020 2:09 PM
Jul 2019
Hm,overall a good ep but I didn't like how they changed suzue's surname from the novel, it's kinda disrespectful. But there's definitely more to her as her real identity is still a mystery. She could be his sis, cousin or from what I've read the adopted spouse to keep the fam'name which the rich society does. If they're related that would make the opening really weird. Ans in the introduction he only mentioned his parents, granny but no sign of her, she didn't introduce herself as his sis either and Haru didn't question it.

It's cute that Haru seems interested in her.
lov3lymjApr 16, 2020 2:14 PM
Apr 16, 2020 2:16 PM

Mar 2019
Very good episode, the investigation was very interesting
Daisuke isn't only very rich he also seems to be very smart
Apr 16, 2020 2:19 PM
Jan 2019
I’m not really feeling this show so far, honestly for me it seems kind of bland. However, it’s only been 2 episodes so my thoughts are due to as more episodes are released, so we’ll see then. I’m also interested in seeing how Daisuke and Haru’s partnership will develop. Hopefully it’ll be more than just the archetypal hotheaded traditionalist and cocky, talented new guy.
Apr 16, 2020 2:54 PM

Apr 2015
this episode exudes chaotic energy and i am here for it. it is taking me some tome to adjust to daisuke's VA, honestly think they should have casted someone else. i can understand the critiques this show has gotten, but overall i enjoyed it. so sad that it is getting delayed :( number24 got delayed a few weeks ago..sigh, corona-chan is coming for anime :<

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Apr 16, 2020 3:14 PM

Jun 2015
Well that was mad. Interesting characters and fun investigations.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 16, 2020 4:15 PM

Mar 2016
I love the way people were cringing because of Katou's smell. Hahaha

I guess being rich is Kanbe's super power.

By the way, I was surprised by the amount of fan arts from this anime I saw in the past few days. I don't think anything mind blowing has happened here so far to motivate that many people to make fan arts. I guess people just found Kanbe attractive. lol.
Apr 16, 2020 4:32 PM

Apr 2015
Really enjoyed the second ep aswell tbh, Was not expecting it to be this good.
If the anime keeps up like this then it might become my fav from this season tbh.
BiisooApr 16, 2020 4:36 PM
Apr 16, 2020 4:35 PM

Mar 2019
I didnt feel the "Charm" like in episode 1....

But that Girl acting, i liked it...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 16, 2020 5:23 PM

Dec 2010
They made a mistake casting that VA for the main guy. It's distracting especially next to the deuteragonist who is voiced by a long-time, recognized pro.
Apr 16, 2020 5:38 PM

Aug 2015
Loved it. Cracked up at Haru's shounen protagonist antics clashing with Daisuke.

He bought and customized an instant ramen brand after trying it just one time. Little jokes like that in addition to his overall attitude towards using money as bribes and damage control will always be entertaining.

I like Daisuke's VA. The flat delivery matches his character. He sounds like a rich asshole, which is exactly right.

I wonder if Suzue will Daisuke but a girl, or if she will bridge the gap between Haru and Daisuke.
Apr 16, 2020 6:12 PM

Jan 2011
not sold on it its pretty stupid but at least it's aware of that to some degree , few gags like everyone smelling that stank ass haru got me.

didn't help that i still don't like Daisuke his VA is fitting for making him seem like the most bland character devoid of any personality but hes just here to slap money around solve all the cases while making anime twitter gush over him so take that as you will i guess.

the dynamic sorta is like if this was a detective loony toons haru trying to do things the legit way and falling half the time while this smug rich asshole just is always a step ahead of him without much effort with the power of money .
Apr 16, 2020 6:35 PM
Jun 2017
by the power of unlimited money!!!! hahaha...
Apr 16, 2020 7:08 PM
Jan 2012
Speaking about Suzue's true relation with Daisuke is spoiler territory, though.

And oh dear, the freelance reporter guy is voiced by none other than Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Inosuke, Bell, Kirito, etc.)
Apr 16, 2020 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
the anime was looking great, too bad it’s postponed, but hopefully they’ll eventually bring it back.
Apr 16, 2020 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
he's an asshole sure but you can't help liking him
Apr 16, 2020 8:06 PM
Feb 2012
this season of Initial D seems pretty tame
Apr 16, 2020 8:25 PM

Jan 2016
Still don't like Daisuke :// even if he's hot HAHA.

Looks like they're gonna go to Hong Kong for the next episode for an international crime thing. It'd be the last episode before the postponement so I might as well savour it while it lasts.

But man, didn't know that it's gonna be postponed after episode 3. But health of the workers is more important, so I'll take it.

Also, adding this now, please don't talk about Suzue's relationship with Daisuke if you've read the source material... or at least cover it with spoilers cause it's spoiler territory.
jd2001zApr 16, 2020 8:39 PM
Apr 16, 2020 8:28 PM

Feb 2014
The Kambe duo really is badass. Daisuke is like Batman but with real money power. The guy basically buys anything. Suzue on the other hand is like Alfred/Fox, builds things and goes in for the mission in person. Hope we get to see more of them in the show.

Also the title for this episode is really catchy, " Love can do a lot, money can do everything". XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 16, 2020 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, great episode!
Gotta love the duo xD

The ED was very catchy, i like it.
Great episode overall, especially the title xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 16, 2020 8:37 PM

Jan 2013
jd2001z said:
It'd be the last episode before the postponement so I might as well savour it while it lasts.

But man, didn't know that it's gonna be postponed after episode 3. But health of the workers is more important, so I'll take it.

What? This will be postponed? Damn :/
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 16, 2020 9:06 PM
Dec 2019
Are there two different long haired black girls in this episode ? Or are them both suzue Kambe ?
Apr 16, 2020 9:47 PM

Dec 2013
Damn that was a good follow-up episode, really gives you a better idea of the divide between Haru and Daisuke's modus operandi. I see alot of Kembe haters but personally I'm not too thrown by his character. We don't know a whole lot about his past so there could be a reason there for his love of throwing a whole wad of cash at his problems just as Haru has a by-the-book attitude, seemingly from his mistake revealed in this ep. I'm sad this will be postponed but I will look forward to it returning.
Apr 16, 2020 11:12 PM

Oct 2017
Could someone explain to me why some people think that Suzue Kambe is his sister?

Couldn't it be his fiancee or wife or even something else?
Why is everyone so sure that she is his sister? I don't think there was a scene like her saying "Oh, and btw. I'm his sister"...
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Apr 17, 2020 12:16 AM

Mar 2019
XanderFenikkusu said:
Could someone explain to me why some people think that Suzue Kambe is his sister?

Why is everyone so sure that she is his sister? I don't think there was a scene like her saying "Oh, and btw. I'm his sister"...

I also think that Suzue isn't his biological sister. Maybe she's adopted or just took Daisuke's last name for some undercover mission. I still hope that she is his wife or someone romantically involved with him, since the way they look to each other in the opening speaks something.
Apr 17, 2020 1:37 AM

Jul 2016
I'm sad because I really wanted to like this show but so far I'm not feeling it. Will still give this a few eps though so I'm hoping to see some development between Haru and Daisuke. I also hope that Daisuke gets more likable, because so far, his way of throwing money at everything doesn't sit right with me. He's still hot though lol

Apr 17, 2020 1:43 AM

Jul 2016
Bakaichigo said:
XanderFenikkusu said:

I also think that Suzue isn't his biological sister. Maybe she's adopted or just took Daisuke's last name for some undercover mission. I still hope that she is his wife or someone romantically involved with him, since the way they look to each other in the opening speaks something.

Yea the opening led me to think that they're romantically involved, but then this ep made me realize how similar looking they are so it really seems like she could be any of the two.
Apr 17, 2020 2:23 AM

Mar 2013
This Episode was a lot better than the first one in my opinion. Really looking forward to how Daisuke and and Haru will develop their relationship. So far a funny duo.
I really hope we will get a backstory about Daisuke and not just leave him a mystery.
Wish there'd be a manga to read to keep myself busy but oh well.

Shame it will be delayed after the 3rd episode but safety first.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

224 by Hikimarun »»
Feb 13, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

130 by Dilannohi »»
Jan 2, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

59 by Mayuka »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2020

112 by Epiroogu »»
May 27, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

61 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.