Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 17, 2020 2:42 AM

Jan 2017
I find it hilarious that Daisuke created an entire cup noodle company after eating cup noodles once ww. Also liked the tiny detail where other characters were cringing at Kato's smell.
Apr 17, 2020 4:43 AM

Feb 2014
Bakaichigo said:
XanderFenikkusu said:
Could someone explain to me why some people think that Suzue Kambe is his sister?

Couldn't it be his fiancee or wife or even something else?
Why is everyone so sure that she is his sister? I don't think there was a scene like her saying "Oh, and btw. I'm his sister"...

I also think that Suzue isn't his biological sister. Maybe she's adopted or just took Daisuke's last name for some undercover mission. I still hope that she is his wife or someone romantically involved with him, since the way they look to each other in the opening speaks something.
That's because she looks EXACTLY like him...
"Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”

― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
Apr 17, 2020 5:46 AM

Jan 2012
Katou acted so suspiciously when he went to the party... undercover missions are not for him..
Apr 17, 2020 6:00 AM

Mar 2018
im enjoying the anime so far but i don't like daisuke's va at all, it doesn't fit him
Apr 17, 2020 6:06 AM

Mar 2012
I like the visuals of this series, but it's just... eh? Are they trying for comedy or what?
Apr 17, 2020 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
So far, im loving the show. I love the characters and the whole kambe family uwu. But I don't like the relationships. I will finish the show, but I dont want the whole show to be Daisuke and Haru going against each other I want SOME type of relationship to form between them. Just any sign that they will be more than just enemies. And possible have a arc starting soon. But what bugs me is just them not teaming up in any sort of way.
Apr 17, 2020 8:32 AM

Feb 2017
This episode was just as enjoyable as the first one. I wonder what Suzue's relation with Daisuke is.

It's too bad this show will be postponed, but at least there's still the next week's episode to look forward to.
Apr 17, 2020 8:38 AM

Dec 2016
animejas said:
I think the fact that I hate Daisuke's character

I mean isn't this point of his character? To be disliked?

If he was likable then there would be no more place to growth and by looking at his cold behavior and OP most likely he have some sympathetic backstory.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 17, 2020 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
Bakaichigo said:
XanderFenikkusu said:
Could someone explain to me why some people think that Suzue Kambe is his sister?

Couldn't it be his fiancee or wife or even something else?
Why is everyone so sure that she is his sister? I don't think there was a scene like her saying "Oh, and btw. I'm his sister"...

I also think that Suzue isn't his biological sister. Maybe she's adopted or just took Daisuke's last name for some undercover mission. I still hope that she is his wife or someone romantically involved with him, since the way they look to each other in the opening speaks something.

I also think it would be so much more interesting if she was his wife/fiancee/girlfriend. That would make a romantic subplot possible.
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Apr 17, 2020 10:05 AM

Sep 2007
I hope someone will post spoilers (inside a spoiler tag, of course. for others' sake) about Suzue's relationship with Daisuke. The suspense is driving me crazy! (It's convincing for her to be either a relative or a fiancee/wife). Haha.

I like her; and I don't mind her being in a romantic relationship with either Daisuke or Haru. It's cute either way :)

-------------

I find it amusing that Haru actually thought of it possible for Daisuke to wear the mascot costume just because of his lil' evidence. lol. So even after all the flashy stuff that Daisuke did, he believes Daisuke can do something that doesn't seem to fit his personality, haha.

-------------

Rich boys being amazed with instant noodles will always be an adorable scene (seen a similar scene in Korean dramas).
We Heal As One.
Apr 17, 2020 10:31 AM

Jul 2017
Nieznajomy43 said:

If he was likable then there would be no more place to growth and by looking at his cold behavior and OP most likely he have some sympathetic backstory.

He's just annoying to me. I don't know if a backstory of him being turned into that would win me over, but he's turn off the screen material to me in my opinion.
Apr 17, 2020 10:35 AM
Jul 2016
XanderFenikkusu said:

I also think it would be so much more interesting if she was his wife/fiancee/girlfriend. That would make a romantic subplot possible.

Firstly, romance is almost always about two people getting together, not about two people being together. What's the point if they are already together.

Secondly, what about possible Haru and Suzue romance? I see a lot of potential here.

And third, Suzue is his sister.
Apr 17, 2020 11:53 AM

Jul 2019
Not quite up there with episode 1. Maybe not crazy enough? Also the antagonists in this one did not have the charme of the first episode and the charakter interactions between the protagonists are pretty bleak. At least we got a female support role who could make things a little bit more interesting.
Apr 17, 2020 12:00 PM
Jul 2019
You I really can't wrap my head around Kambe, is he a cop or a James Bond wannabe who happens to have the special abilities where he's rich????..............

Like this from the movie from the Justice Leaque...
Apr 17, 2020 1:47 PM

Dec 2016
sapphire-pyro said:
I hope someone will post spoilers (inside a spoiler tag, of course. for others' sake) about Suzue's relationship with Daisuke. The suspense is driving me crazy! (It's convincing for her to be either a relative or a fiancee/wife). Haha.

Don't expect spoilers. ;) This is basically original anime, from what I understand it is loosely based on TV drama and novel (name of characters are different, even Rich MC in TV drama is a woman).
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 17, 2020 3:31 PM

Apr 2015
I mean in the novel she is his wife so I don't understand why they would change this detail. But I heard that in the novel the character of Haru doesn't exist so who knows.
Apr 17, 2020 4:13 PM

Feb 2014
Miaya said:
I mean in the novel she is his wife so I don't understand why they would change this detail. But I heard that in the novel the character of Haru doesn't exist so who knows.
I understand thinking she is a romantic partner to him due the opening scenes, but she's more likely to be his twin as she looks exaclty like him (and she calls him by his first name what is not common for siblings in japan, neither for couples, without a honorific). Also, why would he watch his wife/fiancee/girlfriend hang out and probably sleep for days with another guy just to get the information?
"Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket.
But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”

Apr 17, 2020 4:15 PM

Feb 2014
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
You I really can't wrap my head around Kambe, is he a cop or a James Bond wannabe who happens to have the special abilities where he's rich????..............

Like this from the movie from the Justice Leaque...
I definitely thought about Batman as well, without some skills (of course we didn't see it all yet).

Apr 17, 2020 5:29 PM
Apr 2019
Nieznajomy43 said:
animejas said:

There's a difference between a character you like to dislike vs a character that is dislikable for not having good characterization. Granted, we're only 2 episodes in and there's always more of Daisuke to be explored in future episodes but as of now, all we know is that he's rich and... that's it. Plus he did let Haru almost fall to his death at the bridge which is bad considering Haru could've died. Being rich and almost killing someone does not equal a personality nor does it add any brownie points in his favor. If he improves in later episodes then that's good but if he continues to be a rich man and nothing more, then his character will be unlikable and nothing more than a Gary Stu.
Apr 17, 2020 7:45 PM

Jul 2012
Daisuke so flamboyant huhu
Apr 17, 2020 11:00 PM

Oct 2017
G-Pele23 said:
XanderFenikkusu said:

Firstly, romance is almost always about two people getting together, not about two people being together. What's the point if they are already together.

Secondly, what about possible Haru and Suzue romance? I see a lot of potential here.

And third, Suzue is his sister.

What is your source? Why are you so sure she is his sister? I have been on the official Japanese website and it only said she is a "mysterious woman" with black hair etc...no mention of her being his sister...
Also, even if I'm definitely not the most knowledgable about relationships, it's clear that they are not all about coming together. Staying together is difficult as well. Just as an example...
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Apr 18, 2020 1:07 AM

Jun 2013
Glad I'm not the only one who isn't feeling Daisuke's VA, like he sounds so monotonous and tone. There are seiyuus who can do that but you can still feel their unique character. He sounds like he's struggling to say his lines.

LOL at Haru being sniffed by everyone. Poor guy has B.O. and needs to shower ASAP. He's totally into Daisuke's sister. I'm sure it's his sister since they look alike.

I'm not a big yaoi but I couldn't help but scream "KISS" everytime Daisuke and Haru were on screen together.
臭い-
Apr 18, 2020 1:50 AM

Jun 2012
Exquisitely-crafted show, the nuanced character animation is truly something else. They really do an excellent job of selling Haru and Kambe's differing personalities through the way they hold themselves, and the little nuances in their body language.

I'm also fascinated to see what this show has to say about the contrast between wealth/privilege and bootstrap skill / hard work, I have utmost confidence that they're building this tension up to something interesting.

I REALLY look forward to this show coming back as soon as the COVID shutdown is over.
Apr 18, 2020 2:09 AM
Mar 2019
i feel bad for Haru ://
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 18, 2020 4:21 AM

Dec 2013
I like this episode and the girl in the op is actually Daisuke's sister.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Apr 18, 2020 10:50 AM
Jan 2020
Episode is okay after all, the fact that he is insanely rich makes me feel so poor lmao. I just get triggered everytime he wastes money.
Apr 18, 2020 6:20 PM

Apr 2009
Bibimbapski said:

LOL at Haru being sniffed by everyone. Poor guy has B.O. and needs to shower ASAP. He's totally into Daisuke's sister. I'm sure it's his sister since they look alike.

He blushed at her, but I think he pretty much changed his mind once he learned, errr, she wasn't exactly the pure and pristine girl he was imagining?

This episode was better than the second, but I'm not quite sure what they are doing with Daisuke character. His voice actor is really doing a terrible job and he needs to have an actual dynamic with Haru, 'cuz so far they are pretty dull to watch.

Apr 18, 2020 9:33 PM

Jan 2015
I'd like this show a lot better if not for all these toxic fujoshi and headcanon lords.
Moreover I just can't seem to like Haru's character. A character with false pride.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Apr 19, 2020 4:11 AM

Apr 2020
i dont see this one as especially captivating yet, and it's a shame it will be postponed after episode 3 because i still havent quite formed an opinion about it yet. the main thing that's got me going is because the characters look good lol
Apr 19, 2020 8:54 PM

Jul 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
animejas said:

I dinf him awesome to be honest. He will learn to show more empathy as the series progresses no doubt but his coldness is funny at the moment.
Apr 19, 2020 10:43 PM

Jul 2017
With Daisuke Kambe onboard the task force, Haru is gonna have an even harder time dealing with his investigations, not to mention the differing personalities.

An idol-centric crime? Seems typical if drugs are at the heart of it all. And Kato, much of his quick atention span, he's not quite as assertive as Kambe. Even smelling the rat that is Kambe's sister Suzue working undercover, that was a surprise.

And eventually with the undercover journalist and Kambe's monetary involvement taking the crime by storm (the same as before), there's no denying that money wins the world over in this case as compared to Haru's brute force.

Things are escalating, that's for sure. Unrfortunately, having to wait until the whole Covid situation rolls over for the continuation.

Apr 20, 2020 7:53 PM

May 2014
Got around to watching both EP1 and EP2 of this and I gotta say I'm intrigued. The OP and ED are probably the best of the season. OST in general is awesome with some major Bond-esque vibes.
Always liked crime shows so the story won't be an issue for me. The characters, however, are pretty meh. I won't deny that Daisuke is fine AF but tbh he's kinda... boring? Just seems like the typical, eccentric rich character archetype (come on, even does the classic "omg wtf is ramen").
Well, still looking forward to this once it comes back from the delay.
Apr 20, 2020 8:19 PM
Mar 2017
Suzue has to be a Daisuke clone. Bought with money of course.
Or a robot.
Apr 21, 2020 6:26 PM

May 2018
my dear novel readers...who is this girl?
she looks like daisuke, is she his sister?cousin?

Apr 21, 2020 10:59 PM
Apr 2014
I liked this episode. While the show doesn't seem to be shaping up to anything mind-blowing, I'm having fun with it lol. The show seems a bit goofy at times and doesn't seem to be taking itself 100% seriously, so neither will I. Maybe the fact that Daisuke just throws money around to solve everything while Haru is struggling doing things the honest way would have bothered me once upon a time, but I don't think the show isn't unaware of how it comes across. It just doesn't care haha

The ending bit was pure chaos and I'm 100% here for it. Daisuke and Haru's interactions are pretty entertaining. Definitely looking forward to seeing them in Hong Kong. The part where Haru is just being stanky was so funny lolol. Just found out from reading this thread that episode 3 will be postponed, which makes me sad, but it can't be avoided given the circumstances.

Personally I do like Daisuke's voice, though I'm not the most seasoned on voice acting and stuff. I just like how his voice sounds, and I think the flat intonation works for his character.
NKSHOUApr 21, 2020 11:06 PM
Apr 22, 2020 3:50 AM
Apr 2020
In my opinion, the plot of the first episode portrayed Kanbe much more cold than he is in the second episode as he was willing to kill the criminals for the sake of the people. At the moment, Kato and Kanbe seem to be very contrasting characters with different morals, which is ok. But having them completely hate each other as a duo is done many times in anime and TV in general, and is very unoriginal.
The plot of the first episode was very complex but still had a great sense of humour while the second episode was much simpler but had much better pacing.

I have very promising expectation for this show but if they want to grab the reader's attention and hearts they need to add some character development to the main characters. They NEED to add entertainingly showcase the background story of Daisuke Kanbe and Haru Kato. They need to resolve their main differences to make them a duo the audience will be happy with; if they live in everlasting hatred with each other (or Kato having hatred towards Kanbe), then the show will continue to feel incomplete. That is all I have to discuss.
Apr 22, 2020 3:54 AM
Apr 2020
animejas said:
Firstly to address the elephant in the room, it's a shame this show is going to be delayed after episode 3 due to the coronavirus pandemic. I'm not a fan of this show so far but there are many fans that have enjoyed the start of this so its a shame. It's probably going to affect even more shows now so let's all just wait and see how everything goes after, and wait and see when this will air again after episode 3.

Regarding the actual episode itself, meh. I think the fact that I hate Daisuke's character and the actual stories that happen in these episodes kills my mood completely.

But at least, the OSTs used in this show were so good and elevated the chaotic nature tenfold.

Overall, this is a bad show so far, for me personally. But again, shame this is getting delayed soon like a lot of the other anime that got postponed already.

I personally disagree. I understand you thinking Daisuke's character is somewhat bland or cold, the show needs to work on that, but hating the character for no (apparent) reason - in my opinion - seems very naive as the show still did not place time into developing the MC. That is my personal opinion. I know everyone has different tastes and you have yours.
Apr 22, 2020 4:43 AM
Aug 2018
The more Daisuke's VA talks the more he's being completely shadowed by Miyano. Even without Miyano overshadowing him he still sounds off. I really don't think it was a good idea to put a veteran against a newbie in lead roles...

I thought this episode was better than the last one, although I'm still not very interested. For something that's supposed to be a detective show the mysteries are kinda bland and at this point I don't care about Daisuke or Haru enough for their personalities to carry the show.
I'm hoping these cases are just warm-ups and we get to the real shit soon.

Daisuke is still not appealing to me. So far, not only is he unrelatable, but he's also boring. I hope future episode focus on giving him personality bc so far he's just been a rich dude spends $$$ to solve problems and not much else.
Haru was kinda getting on my nerves this episode with how self-centered his justice seemed to be, but he was somewhat interesting. I wonder how his trauma will affect the story and his own development.
Apr 23, 2020 1:05 AM

Oct 2017
Another amusing episode, Kambe sure loves to buy anything he sees. Also Suzue Kambe huh, she might be from a Kambe branch family and works as assistant for Daisuke or something along those lines. I sure dun see her being his wife or imouto but who knows we might get a surprising plot twist.
Apr 23, 2020 4:49 AM

Mar 2020
twitter was a mistake
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 25, 2020 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
Overall, I find the series so far to be a bit boring, the first episode was much better and a bit promising. It just seems a bit weird. I will wait and watch episode 3 when it airs in July hopefully.

Still has potential but idk
3/5
Apr 26, 2020 7:09 PM

Feb 2013
IsaTheKid said:
Miaya said:
I understand thinking she is a romantic partner to him due the opening scenes, but she's more likely to be his twin as she looks exaclty like him (and she calls him by his first name what is not common for siblings in japan, neither for couples, without a honorific). Also, why would he watch his wife/fiancee/girlfriend hang out and probably sleep for days with another guy just to get the information?

Twins in Japan would use honorifics as well. Watch some other shows with twins (especially fraternal twins) and you'll find the one born first is usually called older brother/sister.
As for her doing what she does, did you notice that he DOES turn away when she's in the car with the other guy and never looks up at the situation. He trusts her but their relationship is probably different than what we're used to, especially with how much stuff he entrusts to her.

Also, one thing I did notice that while they don't both wear rings, they do both wear a single earring in the same ear. It's not unusual for the Daisuke, but women tend to wear both more often than not, so it's interesting that she only wears one. And she never takes it off, no matter what she's doing or her disguise, which is also unusual since most will change earrings based on their outfit.
Apr 27, 2020 8:42 AM

Feb 2014
@Irenesharda

About the twins honorific, it's the case in Blue Exorcist but it's not the case in Super Lovers... Also, the fact he didn't look (what I noticed) would make sense.. (if) she's his sister, she could still be in danger or doing something she wasn't enjoying, makes total sense he feels uncomfortable about it. I noticed about the earring and thought it was odd, still don't think they are romantic envolved they look too much alike for me. We'll have to wait and see tho.

Apr 27, 2020 4:36 PM
Apr 2020
I like this show not because the case in each ep is exciting or anything. I just like Daisuke because he's such an interesting character and the interaction between Daisuke and Haru is fun to watch.

I ship them.
May 1, 2020 4:37 AM

Feb 2014
cool show but cant stand daisukes voice ;u;
May 1, 2020 7:22 AM

Oct 2017
kinda gives off bungou stray dogs vibes, imo? will have to watch more to confirm though

May 4, 2020 5:31 PM

Apr 2009
Yukihira Soma showed up in this episode. Couldn't help but notice his voice right away.
May 17, 2020 10:28 AM
Apr 2020
alright, this episode was in my opinion waaaay better than the first one. Man, I need to watch ep 3...
May 26, 2020 6:44 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was not as silly as the first one so it felt very languid.
May 28, 2020 12:15 AM

Jul 2016
I started watching this series because I would hear COUNTLESS TikTok posts about how this show was so good but I really don't understand the hype?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

224 by Hikimarun »»
Feb 13, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

130 by Dilannohi »»
Jan 2, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

59 by Mayuka »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2020

112 by Epiroogu »»
May 27, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

61 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.