Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2020 1:39 AM

Oct 2017
Wow we are getting a new Aria anime damn.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 14, 2020 2:12 AM

Jun 2016
Yeah dude I need some more pure wholesome fun. I wonder what this new show will include.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 14, 2020 7:11 AM

Dec 2017
I cant believe it. Im really HYPED for this.

Apr 14, 2020 7:27 AM

Feb 2017
I just started Aria couple days ago and I am already in love with the show. Happy about these news.
Apr 15, 2020 10:17 PM
Mar 2009
HYPEEEEEEEE

That's crazy, I'm so glad we have new material after all these years...

😭
Apr 15, 2020 10:24 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I have heard that most of the chapters have been adapted. Wonder what will the movie be about.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 15, 2020 10:32 PM

Mar 2019
I watched Aria around January-February this year. I pretty much love everything the series has.

Aria is one of my favorite anime rn.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Apr 15, 2020 10:41 PM

Aug 2018
Best news of 2020. ARIA is the most relaxing anime for me, thanks to the greatest soundtrack of all time.
Apr 15, 2020 10:42 PM

Jul 2017
Holy shit I just recently finished aria and origination has become one of my favorite anime of all time. I'm pretty hyped for this movie!
Apr 15, 2020 10:49 PM

Mar 2017
Ahhh! I'm always up for more Aria. What a fantastic surprise.
Apr 15, 2020 10:51 PM
Sep 2019
I honestly thought this was over. Now im goddamn hyped.
Apr 15, 2020 11:09 PM

Aug 2014
Jaw dropped, I'd thought we wouldn't be seeing any more Aria adaptations.
Awesome news! Wonder if this will cover new material
Apr 15, 2020 11:27 PM

Jul 2009
Uh.. I kind of thought Aria the Avvenire would be the last material of the best show of all time for me to be released so I wasn't looking for updates.
I wonder if this will lead to a spin-off for the future generations of Aria company. :)
Apr 16, 2020 12:45 AM
Apr 2016
This is too sudden for me, so hyped.
Apr 16, 2020 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
I'm hyped but a movie is kinda disappointing, I hope it does well so we get a 1-cour show or an OVA later.
Apr 16, 2020 2:22 AM
Feb 2016
I just finished this show..i liked everything about the show besides akatsuki I hope there's no romance between him and akari other than that I'm hype!!!
Apr 16, 2020 4:35 AM

Mar 2008
Guatafat said:
Holy shit I just recently finished aria and origination has become one of my favorite anime of all time. I'm pretty hyped for this movie!
Origination 💙

This is the news we all needed! I’m so happy we have something so awesome to look forward to. Thanks @humbledsoul5121 for informing me about this. =D

Apr 16, 2020 8:15 AM

Oct 2018
Oh wow new ARIA, so I wonder if this is set after the Avvenire OVA and features their apprentices too? If that's true I wonder what they will do about Athena? Her VA passed away, so are they recasting her or making a story that minimizes her role I wonder? Regardless this is great news, watched this whole series last year and loved Akari & Alicia and their deep friendship.
MKSTEELApr 16, 2020 8:18 AM
Apr 16, 2020 9:56 AM

Aug 2014
MKSTEEL said:
Oh wow new ARIA, so I wonder if this is set after the Avvenire OVA and features their apprentices too? If that's true I wonder what they will do about Athena? Her VA passed away, so are they recasting her or making a story that minimizes her role I wonder? Regardless this is great news, watched this whole series last year and loved Akari & Alicia and their deep friendship.

Recast, source: ANN.

"he new film casts Rina Satou (Maria Watches Over Us' Tsutako Takeshima, Negima!'s Negi Springfield, A Certain Scientific Railgun's Mikoto Misaka) as the character Athena Glory (seen right). Satou replaces the late Tomoko Kawakami from previous Aria anime adaptations. "

Apr 16, 2020 11:14 AM

Oct 2018
sockerdricka said:
MKSTEEL said:

Recast, source: ANN.

"he new film casts Rina Satou (Maria Watches Over Us' Tsutako Takeshima, Negima!'s Negi Springfield, A Certain Scientific Railgun's Mikoto Misaka) as the character Athena Glory (seen right). Satou replaces the late Tomoko Kawakami from previous Aria anime adaptations. "

Cool happy to hear we get more Athena, her songs bring me to tears. Like Belldandy and her sisters, Athena sings like an angel 😎
Apr 16, 2020 2:00 PM

Sep 2013
!!!!! i wasn’t expecting this!! aaah, i’m so hyped
Apr 17, 2020 1:27 PM

Jan 2018
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Apr 18, 2020 12:16 AM

Jan 2010
OMG YES!! HYYYPEE!!!

I am so super excited to experience more Aria in my heart!

I am so hype to hear Veronica Taylor's wonderful Akari Mizunashi again! YES!!
iYo soy Borícua! iPa que tú lo sepas!
Apr 18, 2020 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
❤️❤️❤️

Best news!
Baka-Tsuki discord server
May 6, 2020 9:33 AM

Apr 2017
I would be happy with no more aria. I felt like it was complete.
Still it would be nice to see what they do with this, i'm not complaining.
May 6, 2020 11:03 AM

Jul 2009
From what little I understood, it is a movie..? Why do I feel there were hints to a new series though?
Does this mean we could be getting both a movie and a spin-off?
May 9, 2020 12:39 PM
Mar 2020
you guys have no idea how freaking excited i am for this
May 10, 2020 12:48 AM

Jan 2008
Marmalademoons said:
I would be happy with no more aria. I felt like it was complete.

This is what my brain thinks.

Marmalademoons said:
it would be nice to see what they do with this, i'm not complaining.

This is what my heart thinks.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
May 12, 2020 1:51 PM
Feb 2020
Wow, HEll YEAh Boy

im gonna see ARIA SACHOU AGAINNNN!!!!!!
Jul 21, 2020 8:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017

J.C. Staff will be handling this, in addition.

https://twitter.com/air_news01/status/1285772156035461121
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 22, 2020 4:09 AM

Nov 2015
AN ACTUAL SEQUEL!!!!!!!!! Is the artist the same as the prequels, or did the artist just change their style of drawing? Very similar to Amanchu.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Jul 22, 2020 9:50 AM
Jul 2016
Deathmones said:
AN ACTUAL SEQUEL!!!!!!!!! Is the artist the same as the prequels, or did the artist just change their style of drawing? Very similar to Amanchu.

yeah it was changed the character designer is who did Amanchu.
Jul 22, 2020 6:37 PM
Feb 2020
todd2580 said:
Deathmones said:

WHY??????

I liked the old design better, even AVVENIRE
Jul 22, 2020 7:17 PM

Jul 2009
And then the Hype received a hammer to the face..
or at least I did.
From the home page, I checked the series & movies sections, and Aria The Crepuscolo is listed under movies.
http://www.ariacompany.net/movie.php

I guess it's 90min-3hrs of bliss at least!
Jul 23, 2020 5:17 AM
Jul 2016
DaijoubuKirameki said:
todd2580 said:

WHY??????

I liked the old design better, even AVVENIRE

probably the one who did the previous one was busy it can happen sadly.
Jul 23, 2020 7:13 AM
Feb 2020
Before:

And After:
Jul 23, 2020 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
DaijoubuKirameki said:
Before:

And After:
It's not that bad.
The original author (Amano Kozue-sama) wrote both Aqua and Amanchu! so she should know both artists as they've each adapted her works.

I don't see the problem between the before&after here. The comparison used in before(dark) and after(bright) isn't a good comparison either.
Anime has had a noticeable drop in quality since more than 7 years ago. With the advancement of software and 2D/3D models, quality took a hit. A lazy approach was adapted by companies to put out "more" anime even when the quality suffered so heavily. It became worse as the 12-13 episode format was (more often than not) included.

So far, the Aria series has maintained a quality over quantity(lazy) approach. Even Avvenire didn't suffer from the change of times.
Though I doubt people would actively rate the Aria series as a 10/10 from enjoyment from how slow paced it is compared to the excitement and thrill from action and adventure anime, it definitely deserves it from all the work and soul put into it. They went above and beyond, taking the original work and building a gorgeous world out of it that heavily supports the work.

From the preview, I didn't feel the lazy approach was taken. If it was then I've been fooled. When I first heard of Avvenire, I was worried whether it would crash and burn the Aqua in my heart. To my surprise, they used the new software and the quality didn't drop. They put in the time to ride on Akari's gondola and continued the spirit of Aria and anime from before it became oriented towards mass production.

Though I don't have much faith in anime production nowadays, Avvenire came out great and I have faith in Amano Kozue-sama's choices!
    Things to keep in mind:
  • This is likely the story of Ai-chan (or the beginning of it at least). Alicia's and Akari's trios have had their time. It's time for a new generation and we might see a new side of Aqua!
  • Whether it be death, retirement, salary, or layoffs, it has been 15 years and the times have changed. Even Kaze no Stigma ended prematurely years ago because the author perished.
Jul 23, 2020 10:32 AM
Feb 2020
I don't think the new design is bad, i just think it doesn't look like Akari.

Amanchu was disappointing for me, maybe I was expecting too much.
JC staff also does not inspire confidence for me.

I guess time will tell.
Jul 23, 2020 4:39 PM

Dec 2016
DaijoubuKirameki said:
I don't think the new design is bad, i just think it doesn't look like Akari.

Amanchu was disappointing for me, maybe I was expecting too much.
JC staff also does not inspire confidence for me.

I guess time will tell.

The most important parts of Aria production wise are the subtle movements, backgrounds, and ost which J.C.Staff can handle wonderfully especially with good directors on board. Amanchu may have been disappointing narratively, but it looked great in my opinion. Probably the best example of J.C.Staff's abilities is Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau which was one of the best looking anime I've ever seen. I'd say there's no reason to be worried especially after seeing the PV. The studio can pull off great stuff when they get down to it.
Jul 23, 2020 4:41 PM
Jun 2020
Is it gonna be just a recap with better animation or a whole new story?
Jul 23, 2020 4:47 PM

Dec 2016
wape said:
Is it gonna be just a recap with better animation or a whole new story?

From the website (Google translated but you get the idea):
Autumn when the city of Neo-Venice is decorated with a carpet of fallen leaves.
There was something worrying Anya, who spends her days studying at Orange Planet.
Alice and Athena are seniors who haven't seen each other for a long time because they are so busy.
Because of that, Alice seems to be avoiding meeting Athena.
Anya asks her friends Ai and Azusa to help find find a way for the seniors to meet. She realizes that there was a “scenery” that she could see because of who she is now.
Jul 24, 2020 7:28 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
I don't like the new characters, I had hoped for a spin-off with my main girls before they became Primas. This news of the new project being a sequel kind of makes me feel sad. Also, Is this going to be legit written by Amano Kozue?
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 24, 2020 8:10 AM

May 2016
I wonder about this now, I mean I understand if this were a film about the three new undines but after seeing the poster it seems Alice, Athena and Anya are going to be the main characters. Alice was so bright of course because of her personality but it was also because Akari and Aika were besides here.

It seems about future but I wonder~
As stated by other users I would have prefered if this story was about Alice, Aika and Akari before becoming Primas.

I don't say this would be bad, but I am not as hyped as I was before.
Jul 24, 2020 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
cchigu said:
I don't like the new characters, I had hoped for a spin-off with my main girls before they became Primas. This news of the new project being a sequel kind of makes me feel sad. Also, Is this going to be legit written by Amano Kozue?

The official website says that the movie is going to be based off of her new manga, but it isn't out yet. Why don't you like the new girls? I think their designs and personalities are refreshing and make them stand out as the next generation.
Jul 24, 2020 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
Moxanthia said:
cchigu said:
Why don't you like the new girls? I think their designs and personalities are refreshing and make them stand out as the next generation.
I'm with you.
Though I'm sad to see Akari-sama go, I felt that even before Avvenire, the story had ended. Avvenire tied up the ending of the manga and completed the anime in its entirety.

Aria wasn't a story with multiple main characters where the perspective kept changing like We Without Wings. Akari and Aria-shachou were the main character and the other 5 girls were supporting main characters with others like Akatsuki and woody as supporting characters.
For those not thrilled about another girl (or company) being the main character, you should just treat the movie (and potential new tv series?) as a spin-off much like how Brave Witches is to Strike Witches.

Also, I'd like to point out that because we've seen the Aria company so much, we're used to the lodging and lack of seniors/juniors. Though we've seen a little at Himeya company since Aika is the heiress, the visit to Orange company was quite limited. I'd definitely expect a different experience with all interactions with multiple seniors in the company if it gets a TV series.
Aug 1, 2020 12:30 AM

Oct 2018
Moxanthia said:
cchigu said:

The official website says that the movie is going to be based off of her new manga, but it isn't out yet. Why don't you like the new girls? I think their designs and personalities are refreshing and make them stand out as the next generation.

Agreed I like that this is a followup to Avvenire and will build on the new apprentice Undines, their limited OVA didn't give us much. I like the jump to the big screen, worked well for 'Ah! My Goddess' as the film sparked interest in doing the TV series for two seasons after. An ARIA film could be a real blast, I like anime features myself, AMG's film was epic with the Rogue God Celestin's Rebellion Plot.
Aug 14, 2020 4:19 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Done watching the teaser and i absolutely hyped for this!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 13, 2020 4:24 PM
Dec 2019
Moxanthia said:
cchigu said:

New manga ? You mean there will be a New aria manga ?
Sep 13, 2020 4:42 PM

Dec 2016
Alexbtlt said:
Moxanthia said:

New manga ? You mean there will be a New aria manga ?

Yeah the official website states that "the production will be based on Kozue Amano's completely new original manga". My excitement is maxed out!!

https://www.ariacompany.net/story.php
Sep 18, 2020 9:55 PM

Aug 2019
Don’t know why people are mad it isn’t going to be about the original characters, they have gotten 3 seasons already and they should move onto the new set of undines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Crepuscolo Episode 1 Discussion

Kisaragi - Mar 6, 2021

42 by Karva1 »»
May 31, 2023 1:06 PM

» Did you notice these easter eggs? [SPOILERS AHEAD]

diegontijo - Aug 29, 2021

4 by Aizix »»
Nov 11, 2021 3:29 AM

» do you need to watch something else bebore?

Ceijiro - Jan 23, 2021

8 by Romeo »»
Aug 21, 2021 2:23 AM

» Will these be Dubbed?

Hanazada - Aug 16, 2021

3 by alternateizumi »»
Aug 18, 2021 1:30 PM

» Blu ray releases on August 18

MegamiRem - May 13, 2021

7 by GiantQAACSleier »»
Aug 17, 2021 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.