Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 14, 2020 12:49 AM

Mar 2019
Lala-p said:
Such a lovely episode! I still cannot believe we are finally seeing this animated!!!

Yeah! My thoughts exactly!!

They did really well incorporating the minor details into these animated scenes so that they didn't have to animate unecessary scenes due to the time limit ^^

Rytakahashi09 said:
Can somebody spoil me roughly when we will have Yuki's romantic development? (not with Tohru of course)

Seeing where this is going, we'll probably get minor romantic scenes with Yuki at the second half or end of this season. So I definitely think there'll be a little romantic development at the end of this season, but I don't think we'll really see him start a romantic relationship in this season cause that's in the "final arc" of the manga and no way is this season covering the rest of the manga. But boy is it gonna be good!
CallMeAiApr 14, 2020 12:58 AM
Apr 14, 2020 1:53 AM

Aug 2019
Oh boy, this episode hit hard. That conversation in the end is what makes kyoru so great to me - they can open up to each other. When Tohru asked Momiji and Yuki about possibly having no chance at the future they're wishing for, they evade it. But Kyo tells her what's bothering him.
Also that part, when Tohru started crying? That hit me so deep. Kyo wasn't pressuring her to tell him what's bothering her or anything. He just told her what he sees and that broke out the tears instantly. And as someone who knows exactly how that feels, this was a slap in the face (but a good one).

But apart from that, all the lighthearted parts were also amazing. I love Hana and Arisa to death and Arisa's squabbles with Kyo are hilarious. And Tohru's airheadedness is just super endearing.
Also, Kazuma is the dad we all deserve!
Apr 14, 2020 3:00 AM

Feb 2014
I always love having a Kyo-focused episode, and this one is no exception. =3

Kyo is much more relaxed and happy when he's around Tohru. Both of them were having good fun when they were cooking up lunch at Kazuma's house. However, the drama wasn't going to go away so easily, and it came when Kazuma had to meet up with someone on a very short notice.

That "someone" was no other than Kyo's biological father, and we get to see his true colours about what he thinks about his own son. It's clear how disgusting this man really is, who wants nothing more than to see his own son locked away until he dies, without any quality of life whatsoever. He even goes as far as to refer Kyo as "it", which does make me want to give him a good punch in the face.

Thankfully, Kazuma kept himself very compose and bluntly told Kyo's father that he'll do everything he can to keep Kyo safe, no matter who goes after him. You've got to respect Kazuma a lot here for the way he kept his composure during this tense scene and it also shows how much he cares for Kyo, too. =)

Later on in the episode, Kyo and Tohro were talking about their future plans after school, which eventually left Tohru in tears about the uncertainty about what she wants to do. This moment was definitely emotional, but thanks to Shigure's sudden entrance into this conversation, his advice about how to take things at a more relaxing pace and focusing on things in the present as well as the future really hit home.

That's why I like Shigure. He might be a jokey character who can be lazy and stupid, but his advice is absolutely spot on here. This is yet another reason why Fruits Basket is so awesome, with the way it can make you laugh, cry and how it makes you invested with the main characters so easily. ^_^
Apr 14, 2020 3:39 AM

Sep 2019
Shishou is certainly best dad, and there was plenty of Kyo moments with Tohru. It might be because we've seen most of Kyo's scenario that I like it, but... you never know.

This whole thing does want to see more of Yuki's problem, and also the big bad Akito.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Apr 14, 2020 3:45 AM
May 2017
CallMeAi said:

Rytakahashi09 said:
Can somebody spoil me roughly when we will have Yuki's romantic development? (not with Tohru of course)

Seeing where this is going, we'll probably get minor romantic scenes with Yuki at the second half or end of this season. So I definitely think there'll be a little romantic development at the end of this season, but I don't think we'll really see him start a romantic relationship in this season cause that's in the "final arc" of the manga and no way is this season covering the rest of the manga. But boy is it gonna be good!

Cheers! I'm looking forward to it because i feel really bad about him. It's really obvious that Tohru will end up with Kyo.
Apr 14, 2020 4:15 AM

Oct 2017
Amazing episode with touching moments and great feels. Tohru was adorable and Kyo x Tohru moments were sweet.
Apr 14, 2020 4:22 AM

Dec 2015
Inugirlz said:
RIP Shishou's hair.

Kyo's sperm donor needs to get hit by truck-kun.

And get isekai'd into another world where he gets to lead a new life? Hell no the denizens of the other world don't deserve to suffer with his presence around.
Apr 14, 2020 5:21 AM

Mar 2019
gdi tohru is such a fuzzball of cuteness and wholesomeness i just can't
seems like this season is gonna be interesting for kyo!
Apr 14, 2020 5:25 AM
Aug 2019
YggdraSEED said:
Tellatez said:
Oh no here comes Kyo's sperm donor.
A lot of Kyo x Tohru scenes this episode.
Ahh we are gonna see
next episode.

Can u spoile me, is Kyo infertile? And who's that chick in black in the opening? (Not Saki)

Huh why did u think Kyo was infertile? He's not lol. Also, the fandom calls Kyo's biological father 'Kyo's sperm donor" since the fandom doesn't want to call him Kyo's father.

As for the black chick in the opening she was shown in the last episode of season 1.

Apr 14, 2020 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
Lots of worries about the future for both the Somas and Tohru, and a stark reminder of the realities of their family situation. Kyo's father really is a horrible human being, so the less we see of him the better.
Apr 14, 2020 6:39 AM
Jul 2018
Shigure's advice was quite sound and considerate. It held a certain weight to it. I am sure a lot of people, especially teenagers and young adults who have doubts and uncertainties regarding their future, will take Shigure's inspiring suggestion to heart. Despite his jokester attitude, he can be wise, as expected of a man of his age.

Kyo's father is so pitiably disgusting. Good riddance, what a foul man.
Apr 14, 2020 6:43 AM

Dec 2018
This episode focused on a phase I'm going through in this exact moment of my life and that Shigure speech really helped me feel relieved...
This anime really knows how to get on my feelings :)
Apr 14, 2020 7:14 AM

Oct 2019
I loveeddd this episode!!!
Kazuma's and kyo's relationship is honestly one of my favorite things about the series and I adore every interactions they have

The kyo and tohru moments were adorable, I'm so happy to see these scenes finally animated!!
Apant_124Mar 30, 2021 2:32 AM
Apr 14, 2020 7:54 AM

Dec 2013
Kyo's father isn't much of a father but I can somewhat understand his feelings considering what happened to his father.
Apr 14, 2020 8:13 AM

Mar 2019
Rytakahashi09 said:
CallMeAi said:

Cheers! I'm looking forward to it because i feel really bad about him. It's really obvious that Tohru will end up with Kyo.

But don't worry. He will get his time to shine ^v^ And you're in for a surprise ;D
Apr 14, 2020 9:11 AM

Jul 2009
starlightshine said:
Inugirlz said:
RIP Shishou's hair.

Kyo's sperm donor needs to get hit by truck-kun.

And get isekai'd into another world where he gets to lead a new life? Hell no the denizens of the other world don't deserve to suffer with his presence around.

True. True. Truck-kun is reserved for those circumstances...how about he just take a swan dive off a building. Bakugo would be proud.
Apr 14, 2020 9:36 AM

Sep 2017
Really great episode with some real heartfelt, relatable moments. Second season is starting out strong. Kyou's birth father is a dick.
Apr 14, 2020 10:43 AM

Jun 2015
shigure's speech made me tear up .. feeling scared about my unknown future but forgetting whats in front of me ... Damn this hit different
ANYWAYS KYO x TOHRU FOR THE WlN
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Apr 14, 2020 11:00 AM
Sep 2017
Sooo thrilled to have this show back - I love it so much! One of the few that can have me sitting there choked up with tears in my eyes, and then bursting into laughter the next second!
All the Kyou/Tohru time together was awesome. And I heartily approve of calling that inhuman THING Kyou’s sperm donor, because no way on earth is that bastard deserving of the title of father. What a total POS. Thank goodness for the wonderful Kazuma!
Shigure was great, as well - he may be a goofball most of the time, but he gives great advice, and it’s obvious how much he really cares.
Apr 14, 2020 2:06 PM

Feb 2018
Good episode, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where the manga's story went after the first season, and it's nice to see this kind of pace where the tone is more melancholic with some darker scenes that eventually build up to the more dramatic episodes. 3.5/5
Apr 14, 2020 4:24 PM

Sep 2014
Good episode, Kyo is best boy
Apr 14, 2020 7:18 PM

Jan 2019
Tohru worrying about herself is honestly refreshing.
Apr 14, 2020 7:48 PM

Jul 2016
Man, Kyou and Tohru look so good together now that he started being more open with her.

Fantastic episode overall. It was being quite decent but those last minutes with Tohru confiding her insecurities to Kyou and Shigure's speech were absolutely precious. Shigure's analogy and message about how to handle future, though nothing particularly new, were so damn good and welcome. Not to mention it couldn't have being more fitting considering the current situation we're living in.
Apr 14, 2020 7:51 PM
Jul 2016
Dang this one was just full of fluff and wholesome goodness... and we're only two episodes in!

Is it just me, or is anyone else looking forward to the much darker parts of this story?
Apr 15, 2020 1:40 AM

Feb 2011
What a difference between this week's ep & last week episode. This week's ep is beautiful!! I love all the Kyo x Tohru moments. Man, this ep made me cry when Kyo got Torhu to open up her feelings about her future. I hate Kyo's ... I don't consider him Kyo's dad since he didn't raise him & he is inhuman. Kazuma is Kyo's real father. Kazuma is the one who raised & care for Kyo. Once again, Love this ep so much!!! Kyo's ep is always the best!!!
Apr 15, 2020 11:45 AM

Feb 2017
Thank god Kyou has Kazuma.
Kyo and Torhu were just adorable this episode too. I really enjoy watching their antics.
Apr 15, 2020 11:51 AM

Apr 2015
Kazuma is the best character <3 His scene with Kyou melt my heart <3

It was great to see the ep. after long study hours, everything in the ep. was beautiful and I love how there weren't too much drama.
Apr 15, 2020 10:01 PM

Nov 2018
what's this fuwa fuwa feeling..?
Apr 15, 2020 11:26 PM

Aug 2018
Damn this is why i prefer watchin SoL anime than other genre like shounen because you will learned a lot of things that you can apply in your life!

I love this ep
It had a very strong message

Shigure is a man full of wisdom
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 16, 2020 1:04 AM

Sep 2018
I loveeee this episode!! Tohru and Kyo is soooooo cute!!!!!! They're so cute together! ❤️ Tohru's word makes me emotional huhuhu such a cry baby huhuhu
Apr 16, 2020 2:03 AM

Nov 2015
I haven't read Fruits Basket in forever, so this is covering a lot of moments I forgot about. It really do be hitting differently tho. Especially because I'm closer in age to the main characters.

The Kyoru moments ! Bless my heart and soul ~ They're acting more and more like a typical couple, it's cute. They act very specific to only each other.

When Tohru started crying, I surprised myself because I immediately teared up as well. I needed Shigure's advice just as much as Tohru.

Uo's crush acts like Tohru huh... heheheheheheh :::333

Looks like we get to see a new character in the next episode~ Yay!
Apr 16, 2020 5:31 AM

May 2018
When Shigure gives the best life advice... you know you've fucked up
Apr 17, 2020 5:59 AM
Apr 2018
Okay, I'm writing down Shigure's advice how to handle the present and the future. That was a good one.

Kyo and Tohru's moment together made my heart dokidoki uwu.
Apr 17, 2020 8:32 AM

May 2016
Shigure's speech was the highlight of the episode for me, and Shisho's support towards
Kyou is praiseworthy since been a year I forgot how much he loves him.
Apr 18, 2020 12:02 AM
Oct 2019
Really cool episode, but it really hit me on a personal level with all of this "decide your future" lol. At the end of the day, I guess we all need to go eat some somen with our friends.
Apr 18, 2020 12:32 PM

Sep 2018
Excellent episode in which comedy and seriousness merge well, without the narrative being affected by the changes in atmosphere. Pleasant watching the whole episode, it does not bore and entertains like the first episode. The opening is a little less catchy than the ending.
Apr 18, 2020 8:48 PM

Apr 2018
Such a good episode really taught us a good life lesson that everyone could relate to. Also shipping Kyo and Tohru, so cute!
Apr 19, 2020 1:44 AM

Jul 2017
AWW woman...Uotani sure is a wingwoman for Tohru in terms of Yuki and Kyo in their futures (that's unapparent as of now).

And Tohru and Kyo over at Kazuma's place was just...sweet. Amidst from Kazuma being the placeholder between Kyo and his wretched father (mostly due to the Cat curse), he bears full responsibility for Kyo's growth, hich is a good step forward.

To answer Kyo's place in the Soma family has always been a burden due to him being outside of the zodiac, but regardless, with Tohru having the same uneasiness of her own future, things are getting to unwind amidst uncertain times.

But Shigure being Shigure, his life lessons are #relatable even in his "childish" teasing, easily the highlight which ties into this episode's theme very well.

Great episode as expected, with a Kyo-centric episode.
Apr 20, 2020 3:05 AM

Jul 2009
The part about marriage was so fun!
Kyo's dad is awful, I hope they can't prison Kyo, but I believe they will try and it will be dramatic.
Apr 20, 2020 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
i am dying
i cant wait till next week
oh god
tohru is amazing
i'm glad she let it all out for once
Apr 20, 2020 1:08 PM

Jun 2015
Oh boy, listening to Shigure at the end reminded me of sessions with my therapist I once had. Guess lessons are universal and can be applied in many ways but the end result is the same.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 20, 2020 5:22 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Great episode. I've missed watching Kyo and Tohru interact. They make such a cute pair. I really want to just watch the whole season. Waiting a week between each one isn't really my thing. I'm tempted just to wait till the whole season is finished and then watch in one go.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Apr 21, 2020 10:14 PM

Nov 2011
This is the Furuba content I have been waiting for. (*^*)
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Apr 28, 2020 11:22 PM

May 2015
It's not Fruits Basket if Tohru's not crying
Apr 30, 2020 9:23 PM
Mar 2016
I have yet to find a place to watch the 4th episode in English dub? Is that because it hasn't been dubbed yet?
May 1, 2020 12:04 PM
May 2019
Desi56 said:
I have yet to find a place to watch the 4th episode in English dub? Is that because it hasn't been dubbed yet?

The dub is currently postponed due to Covid 19.
May 1, 2020 4:27 PM
Mar 2016
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
Desi56 said:

It has? The sub continues on though
May 1, 2020 6:10 PM
May 2019
Desi56 said:
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:

Yeah, because the Japanese voice acting is completed first and then dubs are done. Currently nearly all of Funimation dubs are postponed because of Covid 19. You can find more info about this topic here: https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/03/18/simuldub-delays-anime-winter-spring-2020-funimation-simulcasts-on-track/
May 1, 2020 10:11 PM
Mar 2016
LilyGinnyBlack1 said:
Desi56 said:

Yeah, because the Japanese voice acting is completed first and then dubs are done. Currently nearly all of Funimation dubs are postponed because of Covid 19. You can find more info about this topic here: https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020/03/18/simuldub-delays-anime-winter-spring-2020-funimation-simulcasts-on-track/

That is a shame, but safety comes first after all
May 25, 2020 3:37 AM

Oct 2007
Tohru worrying about the future..

Kyou is lucky to have Tohru and also a kind teacher. I hope he overcome the curse someday, and inherit the dojo.

another enjoyable episode. This is pretty much the only reverse harem anime that I could finish from beginning to end.
Liddo-kunMay 25, 2020 3:41 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Aug 3, 2020

162 by haniayasmine »»
Apr 21, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 17, 2020

74 by anijumper44 »»
Apr 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

239 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 25, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

141 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 27, 2020

90 by Ant161718 »»
Mar 24, 8:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.