Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 11, 2020 5:20 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's so good to see Yamato and his Digimon partner. As far as I'm concerned, Gururumon is still a badass in thsi timeline.

Can't underestimate Taichi and Greymon either. The dream team duo is back in this season! Btw, some of the enemy Digimon they fought reminds me of D Reapers from Tamers.
Apr 11, 2020 5:31 PM

Oct 2008
The elephant in the room. Yes, let's just throw Omegamon into Episode 2. There are both pros and cons.

Pros: It was pretty cool.

Cons: It's the Taichi and Yamato show. It makes no fucking sense to jump from Champion/Adult to the combination of two Megas/Ultimates. It just does away with any build-up or significance that Omegamon had (the culmination of an entire season's growth + support of thousands). It will make everything else that comes after rather meh by comparison. Think starting you off with a fully-powered game character only to remove all your powers after the tutorial.
ActarApr 11, 2020 5:36 PM
Apr 11, 2020 6:21 PM

Jul 2013
Did they just pull not only a Mega level enemy, but a freaking Omegamon as early as episode 2?

The episode itself is great, but now I'm kinda worried about the power creep. Please don't turn Omegamon into the Super Saiyan Blue of Digimon.
Apr 11, 2020 6:38 PM

Jul 2017
WTF???? Second episode and we already have Omegamon
UltraVeeApr 18, 2020 3:34 PM
Apr 11, 2020 6:50 PM

Nov 2016
Well, that escalated quickly. Didn't expect to see Omnimon this soon, but here we are.

Here's hoping this kind of evolution will remain merely a one time affair till we enter the final stage of the series.

And I'm still not really feeling it and maybe I won't at all.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2020 7:21 PM
Feb 2018
I definitely think this is a one time thing. Ultimately what allowed Omegamon to appear was Takeru and Hikari grabbing on to the feathers. That won't happen again. They allowed a miracle to happen much like in the original.
Apr 11, 2020 8:10 PM

Dec 2008
Koushirou is basically Jeremie Belpois so far in this series.

Uggg I was just thinking they wouldn't jogress shinka in episode 2, would they? After Taichi just met Agumon and Taichi and Yamato just met each other?

Yep. They did it.

:\

Bokura no War Game > This

I haven't written this series off or anything, but I'm getting increasing skeptical. I do want to see what happens with the others. So after the next episode they go off to the digital world?
Apr 11, 2020 8:19 PM
Feb 2018
Are people just ignoring the fact that this is not normal DNA. This was clearly brought forth by Takeru and Hikari grabbing the feathers. They're connected to Omegamon.
Apr 11, 2020 8:24 PM
Sep 2015
Remind me of Digimon Our War Game movie directed by Mamoru Hosoda, a concept he finalized in Summer Wars.

Anyway, I think if this is gonna be as long as previous anime in this slot, Kitaro that has 97 episodes... Then I've a wild dream that this will connect other Digimon anime universe together, ranging from Tamers to Appmon. It has a very fast pace and the show doesn't even concern about the important of number 7 like the the original.
Apr 11, 2020 8:30 PM
Sep 2017
I don't think we're gonna have a long run series, omegamon on second episode don't make sense, but was pretty cool
Apr 11, 2020 8:34 PM

Nov 2011
Omnimon already. It's probably one time thing but it's kinda make any future threat look less threatening.

Apr 11, 2020 8:36 PM

Oct 2018
Not surprised to see Omegamon, I mean, we already knew this episode was gonna be based on Our War Game. Also, when I found the synopsis for the these first few episodes, it was pretty obvious that the "giant, white Digimon" was gonna be Omegamon. I still wished it wasn't Agumon and Gabumon's Jogress Evolution, but the Royal Knight Omegamon or something like that.

Despite that, I really liked the episode. My bro Yamato and Garurumon looking cool. I'm curious to know how and when did Yamato go to the network. Next episode they'll probably solve this problem and I can't wait to see Sora and Birdramon in episode 4.

And so far, I'm a fan of the animation style, the fights are looking pretty cool, let's just see for how many more episodes can Toei keep this quality lol.
What really happened at the forest back in S2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqZ80FvQDQ
Apr 11, 2020 8:39 PM

Apr 2011
I want to enjoy this series, I really do.

Omegamon in the second episode? They didn't even turn into WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon first...
This show feels too rushed. I understand the entire episode, including Omegamon's appearance, is a big reference to the Bokura no War Game movie, but still. Yamato and Taichi fighting side by side right when they first meet is also kind of weird, if you watched the original series you must know Yamato is terrible with team work. I feel like they're making his personality even more forced and difficult to like too, but maybe this is just me.

Other than that, I'm overall really disappointed with Toei's work. The animation isn't even as good as Gegege no Kitaro's animation, which was the anime that aired in the same timeslot before Digimon started and was also made by Toei. It's not terrible, but it's very, very average, and it has some very ugly shots. Like, this full body Omegamon looks terrible:

Toei has never given Digimon's animation any love though, so I don't know why I'm surprised.
Apr 11, 2020 8:56 PM

Apr 2011
I'm wondering if we will have alternative form to Omegamon in the future, since they're showcasing him here in episode 2 so early, without going through their ultimate and mega forms.

Will we see the new omegamon from Last Evolution Kizuna?
Apr 11, 2020 8:59 PM

Oct 2008
It's our war game yet again. After Summer Wars, I would have thought that Digimon would have wanted to distance themselves from the plot thread, but it looks like we're going to retread it once again.

The thing is, I'm not against doing Our War Game at the beginning of the series as seeing how the characters respond to the same events without all the knowledge and experience they gained over the course of the series can be rather refreshing. However, as of episode 2, I'm just not a fan of how they're doing it because it looks like Toei wants to have their cake and eat it. They want everything to go exactly the same way as the original but it doesn't make sense because the characters, their relationships, their experiences, are fundamentally different.

Like, what the fuck, they did Omegamon in Episode 2. I'm serious! Yes, it was cool and unexpected, but they did absolutely nothing to earn it. Taichi and Yamato just met, not only each other, but their Digimon. Where was that bond? Granted, as hinted in the character backstories, they're doing something funny with Takeru and Hikari's crests, but this does not invalidate all the issues this causes. Like, they've already set Taichi and Yamato to be special from the get go. There's no build-up or significance to Omegamon unlike in Our War Game where he was the culmination of an entire season's growth. Not to mention, because of them jumping the gun and blowing their load early, everything from here on out will seem rather meh by comparison. Think starting you off with a fully-powered game character only to remove all your powers after the tutorial. That sucks, doesn't it? yeah.

Another complaint that others have mentioned is that Koushiro is way too experienced and knowledgeable about how his tablet and the digital world functions. While you could put it down to him being super smart in this version, it's most likely that they needed him to serve the exact same role as he did in Our War Game as the navigator. Will this continue into the later episodes? Only time will tell.

So, that's the main problem I'm having with this series. It's that it's putting the cart before the horse. How on Earth they'll be able to match up to the scale of these beginning episodes, I have no clue. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying that they wrote themselves into a very difficult position. As-is, they were pretty much going through the Our War Game motions, but dumbbed down. For a moment, I legitimately thought that the missile would blow something up when the timer counted down to zero, like that would have been impressive, but it was just counting down to its launch.

While we did get a little bit of character interaction in this episode, as already mentioned, it's really nothing that would warrant calling out Omegamon. Yamato being all stoic and pragmatic and Taichi being all friendly. This is again another way Our War Game works to the detriment of the series. Because they're all fighting instead of wandering around and getting their barrings, there's hardly any time for them to have any meaningful dialogue. Of course, that's not to say that we won't get any good character interaction later on down the road. It's that there's a reason why Our War Game was set at the end of the original Adventure. Without any of that prior history, it's just a waste of a really cool action set piece.

But hey, speaking of the action, it was good. If there's one thing I'm really loving about this series, it's the action. Gone are the stock special attack animations, the Digimon are in there fighting along side their partners using various strategies. Greymon doesn't just shoot fire, he's there using his entire body. There's a real visceral feel to the fights that make them really fun to watch. If only there was a little more emotion behind it beyond that artificially created sense of urgency and heightened stakes.

One last thing I'd like to note is that Greymon and Garurumon seem to know each other from before the series began and share a rather friendly competitive relationship. That's actually pretty cool, giving the OG Digimon more personality.
Apr 11, 2020 9:23 PM

Oct 2015
lmao even xros war didnt dare to pull shit like this in ep 2
BRUH

Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Apr 11, 2020 9:44 PM

Feb 2012
lol this is awesome they getting straight into the action with omimon & kari/tk alredy getting the angel dna
Apr 11, 2020 9:44 PM

Apr 2014
This is way too early to have Omnimon or Omegamon introduced way too early... like seriously? How is that even possible?
Apr 11, 2020 9:53 PM

Jul 2017
I have no idea about what happened in the apparent jump in this episode since never watched/encountered Digimon before, but this felt like an okay episode.

Very slowly getting adjusted to this franchise, Gaururumon looks dope though.
Apr 11, 2020 9:55 PM

Jan 2017
Wait, what? Algomon and Omegamon already?
Apr 11, 2020 9:58 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, they fused already.
Apr 11, 2020 10:00 PM

Jun 2014
That was interesting...

Tai and Matt could have slightly better dialogue I guess, feels a bit too shounen "matter of fact"-y, but whatever. I'm not asking for much, and this was only slightly awkward.

It still looks really flashy, so that's fun. I get that it's implied the only reason we got Omnimon early was because TK and Kari got their Digimon, but it still felt a bit early, and well... like it wasn't earned? Don't get me wrong, I like seeing him, and maybe this can take the series in an interesting direction if there's rules to go with it, but right now I'm worried about what this means for power creep for the rest of this iteration of Digimon.

Overall though, it still accomplishes what it sets out to be, something fun to watch that you don't have to think too hard about. 7/10
Apr 11, 2020 10:07 PM

Apr 2014
Yeah...not a fan. Everything felt so generic and rushed to the point where I felt no stakes and wasn't invested at all, and then freaking omnimon shows up out of nowhere? They weren't even threatening enemies, I was imagining that those things were basically supposed to be cannon fodder? I'm so confused right now.

I seriously hope that next week's episode justifies it, because as it stands, I'm already close to losing faith in this series.
ChangeLeopardonApr 11, 2020 10:20 PM
Apr 11, 2020 10:34 PM

Dec 2011
Kitsune_1994 said:
WTF???? Second episode and we havealready have Omegamon

I second that. This is VERY quickly becoming not the remake I hoped for... it's all happening at BLAZING speed. We haven't even seen the other digidestined and we already have Omnimon?!

The enemies make no sense either, they keep jumping levels alla diaboramon (whom they are obviously emulating).

I was very excited for this, and the first episode was a great, if somewhat alarm with how fast it was moving, start... but that was a snail's pace compared to episode 2.

Not a fan.
Apr 11, 2020 11:01 PM
May 2018
Kitsune_1994 said:
WTF???? Second episode and we havealready have Omegamon

I second that. This is VERY quickly becoming not the remake I hoped for... it's all happening at BLAZING speed. We haven't even seen the other digidestined and we already have Omnimon?!

The enemies make no sense either, they keep jumping levels alla diaboramon (whom they are obviously emulating).

I was very excited for this, and the first episode was a great, if somewhat alarm with how fast it was moving, start... but that was a snail's pace compared to episode 2.

Not a fan.

This is not a remake. This is reboot.
Apr 11, 2020 11:04 PM
Jan 2012
This was fun, but this definitely feels like an anime for Digimon fans, not for people who are new to the franchise. Omegamon is just such a cool Digimon to build up to, but then suddenly he's there second episode? We don't even get to see the Digimon that MAKE Omegamon.

I'm still enjoying myself, but I'm glad I was already a Digimon fan beforehand, this would not be a great first Digimon series for someone.
Apr 11, 2020 11:11 PM

Jun 2012
These first two episodes have been an absolute roller-coaster ride of popcorn action.

I am a bit concerned that this show might not have anywhere to go after this, because we already have world-ending stakes, end-game evolutions, and a borderline-unbeatable enemy after episode 2, but I've been on the edge of my seat the whole time for sure. These first two episodes have been nothing short of epic.

This is like the complete opposite of the original Digimon Adventure in terms of pacing. The original show gave you so much setup and slow-burn, taking forever to go through character setups and digimon evolutions, where this one is just dropping you right into the action and saying "buckle up!"
Apr 12, 2020 12:01 AM
Jul 2014
HELL YE OMEGAMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmm
Apr 12, 2020 12:21 AM

Nov 2014
Next on Dragonball Kai goku turns super saiyan 3 to defeat radditz!

Jokes aside i agree it's too early but if they make a mechanic or reason that they can't do it again it'll rebalance things (mostly)

I think the big thing and what was the best part for me that no ones mentioning is, In the preview to the next episode they said a line like "on to a new world" and the name of the episode is "And to the digital world" which means we are getting out of this lifeless empty feeling world and probably back to the traditional one soon.
Apr 12, 2020 12:25 AM

Aug 2014
Yup, my hype is slowly dropping to zero.

2 episodes in, the series still seems reliant on our connection with the characters from the previous series or atleast hopes we won't be bothered by the lack of character chemistry and logic over the - to be fair - pretty good fighting animations.

The moment Algomon went mega, I just knew I wouldn't be satisfied with the outcome. It just doesn't feel right having Omnimon this early in the series - considering Tai and Matt and their partners barely got to know each other.

I'll continue watching to see where it goes, but honestly this just feels like becoming a lot like Digimon Tri at this point.
Apr 12, 2020 12:29 AM

Feb 2019
Totally forgot about this tonight ugh. Didn’t remember until I was checking twitter 5 hours later.

Great episode, the first two have felt a lot like an upgraded version of the movie. Wasn’t expecting to see Omnimon this early but man what an entrance that was. It’ll be interesting to see how they deal with power scaling going forward.

My jaw was legit on the floor when the missile was fired. Definitely did a great job of creating tension and stakes. This has made me feel like a kid again in the best way possible and I’m looking forward to more. I was really worried this was another cash grab and attempt to profit off Adventure nostalgia, but nah this is awesome.

Might be controversial, but I’m kinda liking the first two eps more than the original.
Marinate1016Apr 12, 2020 1:02 AM
Apr 12, 2020 12:43 AM

Oct 2016
While the early appearance of omegamon surprised me as well... I am more concerned about the casting choice for Yamato. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love me some Namikawa Daisuke. But it feels so weird to hear a grown ass adult voice come from a child when all the others have ‘children’ voices from women seiyuu.
Apr 12, 2020 12:48 AM

Oct 2018
bromains said:
I think the big thing and what was the best part for me that no ones mentioning is, In the preview to the next episode they said a line like "on to a new world" and the name of the episode is "And to the digital world" which means we are getting out of this lifeless empty feeling world and probably back to the traditional one soon.

Yeah, I think that's right, they're going to a more real-looking Digital World and I'm looking forward to it as well.
What really happened at the forest back in S2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqZ80FvQDQ
Apr 12, 2020 1:09 AM

Oct 2017
Holy shit they went straight to
. Well at the pace they are evolving they might show all different evolution route of all digimon in this reboot. That will be interesting tbh.

I wanna see Taichi and Shinegreymon fight together. I hope they show this route of Augumon's evolution in this reboot.
Apr 12, 2020 1:57 AM

Dec 2016
What the actual heck? Who in his right mind thought bringing in Omegamon in episode 2 was a good idea? Without even having previously introduced the ultimate and mega forms of Agumon/Gabumon, and without even having shown Tsunomon and Gabumon yet!? This is the equivalent of making Goku go Super Saiyan Blue in Dragon Ball or making Charmander evolve into Charizard by episode 2 of Pokémon.

It's hard to understand these decisions, don't get what Toei is trying to do here, the only reasonable explanation here is that they wanted to pay tribute to Our War Game or something, which may be nice, but totally unfitting for the narrative and viewer immersion, and is a move more oriented to preexisting old fans than the new children fans they supposedly want to attract with a reboot. Showing plot developments more suitable for conclusions than introductions doesn't work for newcomers, because they're still in the introductory stage of characters and world.

I mean you still can make an argument to justify the appearance right now, within the context of the episode itself it may have worked, but in the context of the audience it just isn't right, you just can't show such an advanced form only in the 2nd episode and without previously having introduced accordingly in time the ultimate and mega forms. You totally screw a sense of organic, natural narrative progression. It also feels poorly earned since Tai and Yamato have only recently met, they haven't developed well their friendship yet, Yamato may have agreed to cooperate but he's still the lone-wolf here.

Another thing I'm not liking too much is that, unlike the original, the digimons themselves so far are being given just the battle-weapons treatment. And as we all know in the original series they were more than just that and had more meaningful participations, they interacted more with their partners, were given a voice, and played key roles for the development of the children, there's not much of that now (so far, obviously), they've been just playing the obedient pets role.

There's also the fact that Izzy/Koushiro, while he's obviously the smart kid of the bunch, he feels overly experienced/knowledgeable with technology, systems and networks here. He literally knows/discovers everything immediately because he's the smart kid. In the original, to the contrary, he didn't discover they had been dragged into a digital world so soon, it took him time and a lot of clue-analysis, and needed the help of Gennai.

If all this isn't enough already, they missed Yamato's voice AGAIN! I had thought they learned they lesson with the original, so why in the world are they giving such an unfitting overly deep voice for his young age? We get it, he's a complicated and tough boy but that doesn't mean his voice has to be the one a 20 yo would have.

On a more positive note, in all fairness, the visual quality was excellent again, or at least, for TV Digimon standards. No complaints here, it's visually very pleasing and looks well-polished, with no off-models moments.
Apr 12, 2020 2:07 AM
Nov 2019
I’m in for new evolution and original script. The animation is better than Tri tra. Wished the soundtrack were better . Pacing is fast stake is high in real world. Too serious for kids without humor or prior context / knowledge of how the gimmick/data works. Power level might be b s gone . 02 kind of did it with the armors. I reckon the scaling with be way off with courage friendship unlocked .
Apr 12, 2020 2:13 AM
Nov 2019
Ferien said:
What the actual heck? Who in his right mind thought bringing in Omegamon in episode 2 was a good idea? Without even having previously introduced the ultimate and mega forms of Agumon/Gabumon, and without even having shown Tsunomon and Gabumon yet!? This is the equivalent of making Goku go Super Saiyan Blue in Dragon Ball or making Charmander evolve into Charizard by episode 2 of Pokémon.

It's hard to understand these decisions, don't get what Toei is trying to do here, the only reasonable explanation here is that they wanted to pay tribute to Our War Game or something, which may be nice, but totally unfitting for the narrative and viewer immersion, and is a move more oriented to preexisting old fans than the new children fans they supposedly want to attract with a reboot. Showing plot developments more suitable for conclusions than introductions doesn't work for newcomers, because they're still in the introductory stage of characters and world.

I mean you still can make an argument to justify the appearance right now, within the context of the episode itself it may have worked, but in the context of the audience it just isn't right, you just can't show such an advanced form only in the 2nd episode and without previously having introduced accordingly in time the ultimate and mega forms. You totally screw a sense of organic, natural narrative progression. It also feels poorly earned since Tai and Yamato have only recently met, they haven't developed well their friendship yet, Yamato may have agreed to cooperate but he's still the lone-wolf here.

Another thing I'm not liking too much is that, unlike the original, the digimons themselves so far are being given just the battle-weapons treatment. And as we all know in the original series they were more than just that and had more meaningful participations, they interacted more with their partners, were given a voice, and played key roles for the development of the children, there's not much of that now (so far, obviously), they've been just playing the obedient pets role.

There's also the fact that Izzy/Koushiro, while he's obviously the smart kid of the bunch, he feels overly experienced/knowledgeable with technology, systems and networks here. He literally knows/discovers everything immediately because he's the smart kid. In the original, to the contrary, he didn't discover they had been dragged into a digital world so soon, it took him time and a lot of clue-analysis, and needed the help of Gennai.

If all this isn't enough already, they missed Yamato's voice AGAIN! I had thought they learned they lesson with the original, so why in the world are they giving such an unfitting overly deep voice for his young age? We get it, he's a complicated and tough boy but that doesn't mean his voice has to be the one a 20 yo would have.

On a more positive note, in all fairness, the visual quality was excellent again, or at least, for TV Digimon standards. No complaints here, it's visually very pleasing and looks well-polished, with no off-models moments.
koshiro/Izzy seems more shy and timid here , but I guess they need a tech outsider and a kid to resonate and connect with the main duo. I liked that they manage to equip modern tech within this show . Literally , when koshiro mentioned about stocking on supplies really reflect current situation excepts it’s foods and TPS. I’m not sure how friendship and bonding will work. They butcher tri now it’s a reboot. I’m glad it’s not db kai or sailor crystal. Or doraemon to recent Pokémon movies 1:1 copy paste with updated graphic and voices . It’s no brother hood or t hunters with a base manga to adapt from faithfully . So far, it’s very tight paced. I reckon it’ll be some filler depend on episode count for cool down and bonding , but they have to top this war game arc.
Apr 12, 2020 2:27 AM

Dec 2014
well now... omnimon at the beginning is something else
Apr 12, 2020 2:34 AM
Aug 2017
Damn, another great episode. animation remains some of the best the series has ever seen, there's the true sense of stakes that had been kinda absent in Appmon and Hunters (until like the very end of those).
Yamato has been in the digital world for a while Greymon and Garurumon know each other (maybe their relationships is similar to the ones Nokia has in Cyber Sleuth?).

Surprised to see Omegamon appear this early, guessing something will happen to prevent them from reaching that point after this (revert to digieggs maybe?)

And we got to see Argomon (Ultimate) for the first time in a decade (last appearance was Story Super Xros Wars Red/Blue, last anime appearance was the Savers movie).

I'm just happy their not retreading old ground 1:1.
saiforsApr 12, 2020 2:44 AM
Apr 12, 2020 2:53 AM
Feb 2018
Omegamon coming in this early isn't very surprising, but it just doesn't feel earned to me. Taichi met both Agumon and Yamato within like half a day, how did they even achieve omegamon. Maybe it's because I'm also tired of the omegamon spam in digimon related content, I enjoyed the rest of the episode. Skipping build up and hoping to fill the holes with nostalgia. Still wish we had a completely new season (not a reboot) or at least some altered evolution lines.
Apr 12, 2020 3:00 AM

Aug 2014
The only thing I can think of is that they're planning to build it as a sort of "miracle" that they will have to reach again by learning all the steps and growing with their Digimon during the course of the series (the trigger being their siblings is also supposed to be foreshadowing of their importance, I believe).

But it really really really falls into the need of having a god-like execution from here onwards.
Apr 12, 2020 3:53 AM
Aug 2015
I have to say that many people are overlooking a very important details here. The first episode is suppose to be the first ever digimon movie and now we are in the second one. And while Omnimon (Omegamon) is quite soon to appear this is Boku no War Game all over again and the only thing that manages them to evolve this far is that they both wanted to protect someone the truly love Takeru and Hikari (as show with the feathers). This is propably just the begining and the "real" Adventure arc hopefully begins after this but its hard to say for sure. So far I have enjoyed it and they have taken so many risks already that if they can pull this of somehow this is going to be an awesome show. Just as the original thou you cannot watch it and judge everything happening on the screen. You just have to go in and enjoy it because even the original one can be judged heavily if going in with very suspecting way of viewing but yeah this is kinda soon even with that mindset. We just have to see how it evolves from here. Hard to judge book by its covers
Apr 12, 2020 4:27 AM

Dec 2016
LeloTheUnamused said:
The only thing I can think of is that they're planning to build it as a sort of "miracle" that they will have to reach again by learning all the steps and growing with their Digimon during the course of the series (the trigger being their siblings is also supposed to be foreshadowing of their importance, I believe).

But it really really really falls into the need of having a god-like execution from here onwards.

That sounds reasonable and a good idea. Because it simply doesn't make sense at all introducing Omegamon before Metalgreymon, Weregarurumon, Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon all four and with Taichi and Yamato just recently starting to get along.

It also sounds like Ash trying to find and capture Ho-oh after miraculously sighting him in the very first ep of Pokémon...
Apr 12, 2020 5:10 AM

May 2010
well I knew Omegamon will pop up somehow since ep1 was so rushed.
Apr 12, 2020 5:12 AM

Mar 2014
Whoa, Omegamon in ep 2 !!? Seriously, I don't know how to react to this !!
Apr 12, 2020 5:21 AM

Nov 2016
Varski said:
I have to say that many people are overlooking a very important details here. The first episode is suppose to be the first ever digimon movie and now we are in the second one. And while Omnimon (Omegamon) is quite soon to appear this is Boku no War Game all over again and the only thing that manages them to evolve this far is that they both wanted to protect someone the truly love Takeru and Hikari (as show with the feathers). This is propably just the begining and the "real" Adventure arc hopefully begins after this but its hard to say for sure. So far I have enjoyed it and they have taken so many risks already that if they can pull this of somehow this is going to be an awesome show. Just as the original thou you cannot watch it and judge everything happening on the screen. You just have to go in and enjoy it because even the original one can be judged heavily if going in with very suspecting way of viewing but yeah this is kinda soon even with that mindset. We just have to see how it evolves from here. Hard to judge book by its covers

I also hope this will prove to be the case. Still narratively a questionable choice to start off a series like that, not a good way to get you hooked and invested.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2020 5:26 AM

Jun 2010
Awesome battle aside,i'm really concerned about Sora, Joe and Mimi. Toei had established the role for the characters already, with Tai and Yamato being the main focus, their siblings are alluded to be special and have a connection to Omegamon appearance in a way, and Koushiro being the source of information. So now, what can the other characters do? I worry that Toei may turn Sora, Joe and Mimi to be less significant and irrelevant to the story. I hope they can find a story for them rather than making them useless and don't feel like part of the group.

For now, I'm looking forward to the next episode, wonder how Toei is going to go from here now that the Our War Game vibe is over
Apr 12, 2020 5:43 AM

Dec 2016
Hanaki_Neko said:
Awesome battle aside,i'm really concerned about Sora, Joe and Mimi. Toei had established the role for the characters already, with Tai and Yamato being the main focus, their siblings are alluded to be special and have a connection to Omegamon appearance in a way, and Koushiro being the source of information. So now, what can the other characters do? I worry that Toei may turn Sora, Joe and Mimi to be less significant and irrelevant to the story. I hope they can find a story for them rather than making them useless and don't feel like part of the group.

For now, I'm looking forward to the next episode, wonder how Toei is going to go from here now that the Our War Game vibe is over

To be fair, Joe and Mimi weren't given much attention and/or played key roles either in the original (despite having their moments too)
Apr 12, 2020 6:01 AM
Jul 2018
First of all, I love that the villain is Argomon, good to see a new face in the Adventure timeline.
I wasn't expecting Omegamon to appear so early tho... We haven't got a proper introduction for the other kids and partners and we already have Omegamon...well, I'm not going to drop this series but it was kinda a turn off
Apr 12, 2020 6:42 AM

Jul 2017
Reboot = Omegamon evolution second episode.
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž (ᐒ..ᐒ)
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.