Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Arte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 14, 2020 3:30 PM

Nov 2019
5/5 Episode
Arte is off the bat such an amazing character I also like this new guy Parker. I'd ship them but Arte doesn't have time for relationships she's boutta become Leonardo Da Vinci :D.
Apr 14, 2020 3:32 PM

Nov 2019
KawaiiAoi-chan said:
Somehow Arte reminds me of Kobato

Kobato from what?
Apr 14, 2020 3:37 PM

Nov 2019
This show's ranked so low right off the bat how upsetting.
Apr 14, 2020 5:40 PM

Mar 2008
TyDrian said:
This show's ranked so low right off the bat how upsetting.

Read the thread and you'll understand why.
Apr 15, 2020 12:43 AM

Sep 2018
That's so nice!!! Arte must be the role model for all girls out there!

I like Angelo! He's very nice guy! I agree with Arte though, you won't learn life if it's always good and easy things.. living life in hard way is much better because you learn more.
Apr 15, 2020 12:53 AM

May 2011
the things i don't like in this ep is:
- angelo's kindness is being rejected by arte..
- because arte, angelo starts to not helping her sister anymore, or something like that..

the only thing i like in this episode:
- when arte trying to lifting the bag, she got a nice "hnnggh" pose and voice (seems like taking a pup.. dirty aren't i?) XD

PaninaManina said:
Just a comment: IT DOES NOT TAKES TWO MAN TO CARRY THOSE BAGS

Just one is enough.
Also, you don't need to be a "man", you just need to have the strength to carry the bad. Arte have the strength, she can carry those bags.
The reason why was two apprentices carrying those bags was... BECAUSE THIS WAY IS EASIER. They are there working together the whole day, it's only natural that they will work together to get the job done, share the burdens.

Now, said that, one of the things that they changed that annoys is is that THEY MADE ARTE WEAKER.

Arte didn't had a sudden transformation the day she decided to leave her house, she was already working for hear goal long before that.
But in the anime she suffered a transformation in her personality.

Where's all her optimism and energy?

This is just a bad adaptation.
They rushed Angelo introduction jumping from chapter 2 to chapter 8 and the way he talks with his sisters in the end of the episode is infuriating.

Incredible sad waste of good material.

now i know why arte can lift that bag.. thanks for your information...
looks like the manga is better than the anime...

well.. for the anime:
the animation is not bad.. but it seems this one isn't fit into my taste after 2 eps..

looks like i should drop this anime for now...
thank you for filling my time, "Arte" m( _ _ )m
Apr 15, 2020 5:26 AM
Aug 2017
This is looking like it'll be the underrated show of the season, it's a great inspiring underdog story about not letting ones circumstance of birth stop them from aspiring for greater heights.
Apr 16, 2020 2:24 AM

Jun 2012
This isn't high entertainment, it feels very much like a simplified anime version of this historical art story with ample artistic liberties taken to make the story simpler and the characters' circumstances/motivations simplified, but it's definitely an enjoyable anime.

This episode was legitimately inspiring. I love its affirmative worldview that learning to do things for yourself is rewarding and makes you feel like you're growing as a person because of it. This show makes me want to learn a new craft, and just enjoy that thrill of learning to do something new.

I wouldn't say that this is one of my favorite shows of the season, but I'm still enjoying the heck out of it!
Apr 16, 2020 11:17 PM

Jan 2016
PaninaManina said:
Just a comment: IT DOES NOT TAKES TWO MAN TO CARRY THOSE BAGS

Just one is enough.
Also, you don't need to be a "man", you just need to have the strength to carry the bad. Arte have the strength, she can carry those bags.
The reason why was two apprentices carrying those bags was... BECAUSE THIS WAY IS EASIER. They are there working together the whole day, it's only natural that they will work together to get the job done, share the burdens.

Now, said that, one of the things that they changed that annoys is is that THEY MADE ARTE WEAKER.

Arte didn't had a sudden transformation the day she decided to leave her house, she was already working for hear goal long before that.
But in the anime she suffered a transformation in her personality.

Where's all her optimism and energy?

This is just a bad adaptation.
They rushed Angelo introduction jumping from chapter 2 to chapter 8 and the way he talks with his sisters in the end of the episode is infuriating.

Incredible sad waste of good material.

Came back here to see the new tea and WTF. I really like this anime so far, but it seems that it's really a bad adaptation to the manga. If they properly adapted the parts that you've shown, the anime would be a LOT better. Thank you for showing this. I'll definitely read the manga once the anime is over (or maybe in between to see if other parts will be badly adapted).
Apr 17, 2020 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Seeing Arte's determination is so inspiring.

Angelo has so many sisters. No wonder he is so nice to all girls.

Apr 17, 2020 11:12 PM

Jul 2017
With this episode, Arte begins her new artisan journey, still being a treacherous one. The stance of women living out in men's world is still strong, but Arte's not gonna give up after bearing so much criticism.

Arte meeting Angelo, another artisan (but more of being an assistant like her), and not necessarily a womanizer, he's just nice and being very spirited for a young man of his age. His family though, a little overbearing for sisters.

Arte's determination knows no bounds, breaking the offensive against her first taskjob of painting for people, and going all-out to achieve her goals.

A great episode honestly despite the shuffled adaptation.
Apr 18, 2020 11:13 AM
Jan 2018
Zee530 said:
I get the feminism thing and not being fair cause she was a girl but the presentation was so so simplistic that even a 3 year old could've done and other scenarios around it such as her carrying the bags felt so unrealistic, i've tried carrying 50kg bags of flour, yes i could carry them but 4-5 steps i had to drop them and the strain on your biceps carried on for the next 3-4 days. Also little to no concentration on the art, which is supposed to be the theme of the whole show. All in all they're losing direction.
]

This makes it more believable I guess and apprently the anime is portraying her weaker before hand
Apr 19, 2020 7:11 AM

Feb 2020
The italian setting was more prominent in this ep, I liked it ! Florence is one of my favorite cities so it makes me happy to see it.
But I don't know why, there's really something lacking in this anime compared to the manga. I don't feel like anything particular has been added but I don't know, the characters' reactions didn't feel as forced as far as I recall... And I really have a hard time with the chara designs. They look so generic compared to the manga.
It's especially true for Angelo, I feel like there's some of his charm missing here, his voice is also not the one I was expecting, but well, it's still pretty good.
Apr 19, 2020 7:19 AM

Feb 2020
PaninaManina said:
Very disappointing, not just technically, but mostly how they changed even the little things and threw away everything that made the manga good!
What the hell happened?!

This is very sad, I'm a great fan of the manga, but this adaptation I can't recommend.
And having Wave and Yesterday adapted with such incredible quality in the same season just makes me even more bitter.

Oh, so I'm not the only one thinking this ! Since I didn't read the manga in a long time, I thought I just couldn't remember well, but there's really something different that makes the manga so much better than the anime... I can't really put my finger on it though.
Apr 23, 2020 4:16 AM

Sep 2014
I never read the manga but Angelo is cute 😍 I ship him with Arte

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Apr 23, 2020 2:14 PM

Aug 2019
DaGrigo said:
Teodrik said:
It's great anime, but for the God's sake Japan it's about Renaissance Italy touching someone's hand wasn't accident, they could accidentally sleep togheter at those times.

Yeah, I mean, I'm liking this anime but as an Italian myself this feels WAAAAAY too much Japanese.
It really chips away from my enjoyement of the series, the author went a long way to depict historical facts about living in Florence during the Renaissance and then put Japanese people in there, it's just not good writing at this point.
Things like bowing should been a given, Arte does it a lot and it just screams WRONG. She also does it right during the episode at a certain point (holding her dress and kneeling a little) which makes me ask why the hell she does it the japanese way in every other occasion.

I'm really hoping it gets better later on, this stuff kind of breaks the immersion for me.

I feel this. I'm European too and I'm just like...why even is someone in Italy named 'Parker' but OK...it's a nice anime but I really have to ignore that it's not very realistic (I mean, I didn't see the Anime/Manga ever say that it wanted to be realistic or anything so it's OK) I kinda see it as some imagined version of Italy lol
私だけが自分の夢を見ているのだ
May 5, 2020 12:45 PM

Dec 2009
I like Arte, she's a true feminist that just wants her hard word to be acknowledged regardless of gender.
May 14, 2020 1:07 PM

May 2015
Oh my god how could they make it even cuter!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Arte is so adorable! And dam, when she was picking those bags up I was rooting for her like I was with All Might versing All for One XD. This made me root for something like a shounen anime would. Its really doing this underdog story well. Not like Smile down the runway where they're shitting on the characters every five seconds.

But OMG, I want to see romance between Leo and Arte!!! I loved it so much when he patted her on the head for doing a good job and when she talked about him not judging her for being a woman. I love Leo and I love Arte and I REALLY want to see them together. I was really worried that new boy would be the love interest but this reassured me a bit that its most likely Leo cause he's just such a man.

(Then Im just reading this thread like, "Ok yeah, there was differences between the manga, which I have not read, but this was top quality content. Its so cute and nice!" Just typical manga to anime fans things lol)
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 16, 2020 8:27 PM

May 2015
Arte is what a true independent women is supposed to be
May 26, 2020 6:03 PM

Apr 2016
This is so bland, one can appreciate the whole female empowerment theme but it is a shame that is depicted in the classic shounen hero way.
Jun 17, 2020 4:55 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, wow, Arte, great work, there! I can't even do that reparation alone. Even i can't bring that ten pile of sacks alone, damn its hard, man. Fuck me, i am so weak, as a man, compared to whatever damn side job Arte do. These episode really served as a self motivation to improved my life better, really great to knowing that.

Ah, who's there young blonde guy? Angelo Parker? It seems understandable with his acted to help Arte. A coincidence. No, its a fate. Yet, Arte could bring an improvement to his life as well, to teach his sister to get a life better, alone. Well, her interaction with Arte kinda felt nice. Such an unfortunate he can't understand Arte's feeling for not being discriminate. How could he know since his sister along do a reverse usual action as a woman? Interesting relations, to be honest. A bit predictable while he viewed Arte more than any woman he helped all that time. Its seems fishy. I hope that thing nothing more to happen soon, and considering it as a side plot, really. Even, he can't stand a chance cause Arte really attached her feeling to that Leo-san. Hmm, what was i said? Okay, forget it. I just need to seen the development of Arte's dream. Her goal was to be the great artist, right? Okay, thats my focus, really. So, lets see how shit was going far to tribute the main idea...

Nice story so far tbh. Its easy to understand. The OST for OP was pretty catchy in my ears, its served nice to the feeling of Arte. Not much for the ED soundtrack, tbh. But its well enough to served as the closurement of every episode. The whole gender discrimination served really well done as a great moral lesson to the story. Its well-written, yet, the storyline flawness might a bit exaggerating on these episode. Like, wtf, Arte, you are too strong, woman, really! Thats whole thing, somehow, too unrealistic. Idk if that thing really happen on the real world, nowaday world. The shit really irritating to saw, its too fast pace to recognize it as a development toward Arte's ability and strength. So, thats it. I hope, soon, i could actually see something more actual to the artist lesson. No more shitness about the whole Arte's crazy side job. I guess the next episode will fulfill my hope here, so let just see it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 18, 2020 6:28 AM

Jul 2015
Those man really underestimate the great lengths Arte is willing to do things to reach her goal
Kinda ship the Angelo guy and Arte, good thing Angelo slowly understands that Woman can do things on their own

Aug 9, 2020 10:34 AM
Oct 2011
Well... damn. This seemed like a good show initially, but now I'm dropping it without even finishing ep2. I quickly looked through the upcoming episodes and it seems the entire show is about gender indiscrimination. Female protagonist gets indiscriminated by literally every male she sees, then she shows them that she can do the same stuff too and they gasp in awe at her actions. I can only say that this show feels incredibly unrealistic in every way and reminds me of my twitter "feminist" ex-gf.
ScelesAug 9, 2020 10:40 AM
Dec 1, 2020 7:55 AM
Apr 2016
She's a strong woman, I'll give her that! I'm glad Leo recognized her strong will and thus is accommodating her.
Jul 27, 2022 11:58 PM

Jun 2021
Yoo this Angelo dude is pissing me off.
May 25, 2023 1:54 AM

Dec 2022
The boy is growing. He was tired of their shit but was afraid to admit it. Arte gave him new understanding in life, lmao.
Nov 1, 2023 3:52 PM

Dec 2012
This episode really laid it on thick, so I'll just get this out of the way. While I'm rooting for Arte & feel for her, this is yet another classic example of how the exception proves the rule. Arte is exceptional and shouldn't be limited based on being a girl. That said, she's not an average representation of girls in her society.

One should also keep in mind that she's barely 15. If she were pursuing a job in 21st century America, she'd get shot down just for not being 16.

With all of that out of the way, Arte's determination is contagious and I'm finding myself encouraged by her remarkable will. The whole bit with Angelo & his sisters was a nice touch as well. I especially like how the boss who was initially lambasting Arte even came to respect her. I hope that settles it for the whole "Girls can do it too" and the focus shifts back to the SOL elements.
Jan 14, 2:30 AM
Oct 2017
I'm able to watch anything but this... it's ULTRA BORING! No interesting dialogue or anything, someone just had money to burn so made this on a whim.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

144 by ashura_chan »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

80 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 12, 2023 3:47 PM

Poll: » Arte Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

49 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

66 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Arte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2020

82 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 1, 2023 4:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.