Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 11, 2020 6:40 PM
Jul 2018
Shokugeki no Souma makes another big time leap again. They had ended Season 4 with premonitions of Erina's future and Souma's future. Now it's like they went back in time to continue the series.

Apr 11, 2020 7:45 PM

Jan 2019
I'm doing my best to not let the negative "hype" of manga readers cloud my judgment (though I do trust them).

But just from that ED, it seems like Suzuki is another mentee of Souma's dad... which is exactly what our villain for the last three seasons was.

It seems like we just got a younger, knock-off, Azami on our hands.
Apr 11, 2020 11:20 PM

Aug 2018
Dude that last season ending was the MOST PERFECT ENDING you could ever had in this series!

Whats the point of continuing this, if Erina and Soma get married at the end of this i can accept this season.

Overall this ep 1 was decent
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 11, 2020 11:36 PM

Mar 2008
I just read the volume of the manga this episode is based on today.

This episode.... was very, very, very different from what I had just read.

I'm not sure how to feel yet, lol.
Apr 12, 2020 12:04 AM

Nov 2019
Shokugeki no cringe

Smh not this too, after my cringe academia now this, 2020 is gonna be even more horrifying
Apr 12, 2020 6:21 AM

Feb 2014
Hunger for food starts once more!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 12, 2020 6:51 AM
Jan 2020
Wait for it. The crazy is coming. You already got a tiny taste from the intro and credit sequence. The slow motion train wreck will begin.
Apr 12, 2020 7:16 AM

Oct 2018
compare to last season this episode was quite good... can't wait for the BLUE competition
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Apr 12, 2020 8:03 AM

Jun 2013
It's just a fan service episode
Apr 12, 2020 9:04 AM
Jul 2017
Lol, dio came and ZA BURU
Apr 12, 2020 12:45 PM

Apr 2011
Of course, they're going to start the 5th season with a beach episode. That's Food Wars for you.

Kidding aside, I still can't believe that Asahi is already here, and I see that they made some changes too.

Apr 12, 2020 12:52 PM
Jan 2018
that's interesting the made alot of changes that was in the manga . that went straight to the blur arc and skipped the introduction arc and the and other stuff that happen but that's actually good cause anime only viewers wouldn't like that if the continued to change things to which I hope they anime do , i want them to go a very different way from that of the manga and a satisfying ending and modified the blue arc to make it better finger crossed. for an upgrade
Apr 12, 2020 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
well that was something..seems like the chapters are being missed
Apr 12, 2020 1:30 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode but cant help but feel this is the calm before the storm. From what I've heard the final series doesn't fill me with hope. I really want them to have anime only elements to at least salvage the ending.
Apr 12, 2020 4:53 PM

Dec 2013
This ep was a good refresher on what Shokugeki is all about, fan-service and tasty tasty food. I know nothing about Suzuki since I'm not a manga reader but I'm really looking forward to how his story pans out.
Apr 12, 2020 6:38 PM
Jan 2016
Finally this show is back, i missed it a lot!

Suzuki was introduced, and obvious i didn't like him!

Souma and Erina are back, and their moment in balcony was so wonderfull, Erina smile was too much precious, and Soume punched her right back with that compliment, loved it, their interaction is even better from before!

Beach episode with that exam, obvious the six from elite ten would pass even with that destructed house!

So much curious for the BLUE competition, looking forward next episode!
Apr 12, 2020 8:01 PM
Jan 2020
Am I the only one who felt this episode was rushed? Maybe it’s just me
Apr 12, 2020 10:45 PM

May 2019
Not a bad first episode, but I'm in tense reservation for the rest of the season because of what manga readers have said.

Hopefully things will be okay.

(btw Soma and Erina are a ship.)

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 12, 2020 11:20 PM

Aug 2016
the same thing again, this anime with each season gets more and more boring.

3/5
Apr 13, 2020 7:10 PM

Nov 2018
Damn they're just speed running this adaptation, the manga's plot is already as bad as it is.
Apr 13, 2020 11:55 PM

Aug 2014
ithyphallic60 said:
Hyliaforce_ said:
As an anime only the first episode was pretty good. But im still worried about the season since manga readers said that this season will be trash

f u r curious y is it bad

Crap you summed up everything that's what I am going to say and nailed what's wrong and what it forgotten throughout the story.

Being one of the enjoyable shounen manga with unique setting Souma was a good shit during season 1/2, after that I dont know what happened to it.

Went to manga, realise it was okay, character get development, still asspulled, but at least it works, lots of nonsense, but at least it doesn't regressed that much from being a shounen then that arc happen.

Christ, I swear even people in Japan cursing the author.
Jump did a good job axing the shit out of it before it turns dumpster of fire assuming it wasn't already was.

FerdinandG said:

They have been fishing everything since season 4.

JC director probably know they won't be gaining anything anymore for this adaptation, much less appreciating the BD copies or the Source.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 14, 2020 8:07 AM
Apr 14, 2020 6:26 AM
Oct 2016
they did an entire arc in 1 episode lol
Apr 14, 2020 7:35 AM

Mar 2009
Nikumi is back and cute as ever *-*
Apr 14, 2020 3:47 PM

May 2009
FierceVinegar said:
they did an entire arc in 1 episode lol

They did in last episode of previous season too.
Apr 14, 2020 5:03 PM

Jul 2013
Shokugeki and Kaguya-sama love is war, guess there's still hope for this quarantine season cause at least we have these sequels. The new shows looks like meh at best. Also, Soma got that stupid shorter version of his previous haircut, everbody looks better now that their older except him. They did him dirty lol same as Naruto.
Apr 17, 2020 1:43 AM
Sep 2019
thebrentinator24 said:
I'd have to go back and double check since I can't remember off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure they skipped the stuff that lead up to this beach contest. In particular, how Suzuki was introduced and whatnot.

Well anyway, we were thrown right back into the cooking action pretty quickly. Of course Souma and the other Elite 10 members would pass, even with their handicap. They're Elite 10 members for a reason. Now we move onto the Blue arc.......oh god time to relive this nightmare again. Also.....the oppai in this episode was quite delicious ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

finale. Since that arc was basically skipped it makes sense to change how he appears in the anime. Like, Erina was supposed to explain the rules of this beach exam but the anime had Suzuki do it, I guess as the way to introduce him as well. Also, Dojima provided some important info to Erina about his character in those skipped chapters too, so she should technically by this point already know certain things about him and his shadiness, but since that was skipped Erina just seems to nonchalantly introduce him like it was no big deal. And Souma should have already encountered him as well, whereas the anime is portraying it so that this is their first time ever meeting. Makes me think they probably won't go back and show the skipped stuff through flashbacks. Oh well, but I guess that makes sense since it would contradict what we just watched. There's also some other stuff that was supposed to happen but I'm assuming it'll be added later....unless they plan to completely change the arc compared to how it was in the manga, which I don't mind at all if it reduces the amount of cringe and ridiculousness.

Yeah they skipped a whole shokugeki between Asahi and Yukihira and changed the part where Saiba Juoichiro was supposed to give Souma the BLUE invitation and talk about his mother and his future after toutsuki, now there is a shitty scene of Doujima. and where is that amazing scene showing The Elite Ten team's sales of 6.4 million yen....... This season might suck so, they better make the BLUE ark as it is because it was awesome..skipped_ Suzuki was supposed to be introduced in the last few chapters of the Hot Spring Investigation arc, which was pretty much _adapted_ in like 30 seconds in the previous season'..... well, no high hopes from JC Staff, weak start for Spring 2020, only good anime till now, - Tower of God i have fully caught up with 474 chapters and its Fire* 10000s
Apr 17, 2020 1:45 AM
Sep 2019
EcchiGodMamster said:
NOW THIS RIGHT HERE IS HOW YOU START A SEQUEL

boob physics 100% on point

No, This how you not start a sequel cuz the ending of last season was very bad and you dont start a new season of Food wars after skipping a whole fucking shokugeki between Souma the main protag and Saiba Asahi the main Villan for the whole season
Apr 17, 2020 1:45 AM
Sep 2019
EcchiGodMamster said:
NOW THIS RIGHT HERE IS HOW YOU START A SEQUEL

boob physics 100% on point

No, This how you not start a sequel cuz the ending of last season was very bad and you dont start a new season of Food wars after skipping a whole fucking shokugeki between Souma the main protag and Saiba Asahi the main Villan for the whole season
Apr 17, 2020 1:47 AM
Sep 2019
landofthekwt said:
Hopefully the anime will be better than the end of the manga
The ending in the manga was pretty good, the complete ending is by the name of Food Wars!:Shokugeki no Soma ~Le Dessert~
Apr 17, 2020 3:07 AM

Sep 2016
No one's bothered that they made 3.5mil in a day selling 800yen yakisoba?

... Ok...
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Apr 17, 2020 4:39 AM
Oct 2019
ueda said:
I just read the volume of the manga this episode is based on today.

This episode.... was very, very, very different from what I had just read.

I'm not sure how to feel yet, lol.

i know right i felt the same way
Apr 17, 2020 4:42 AM
Oct 2019
FerdinandG said:

not just u too many people (manga readers) felt the same way
Apr 17, 2020 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
Great start! Everything was great besides this new teacher, i already hate him...
And from what i know from him, it's ridiculous...

I find it kinda funny that they had to make 3kk of profit in a single day with a place that was for sure closed down and wasn't even usable xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 21, 2020 7:22 AM
Sep 2018
Shokugeki no Souma is back yess !
Apr 22, 2020 11:42 AM
Apr 2020
The new villan is Erina's dad. If you don't know that then you have 0 IQ
Apr 23, 2020 12:08 PM

May 2009
ecchi_kuudere said:
The new villan is Erina's dad. If you don't know that then you have 0 IQ

Erina's dad was villain for previous 3 seasons.
Apr 23, 2020 2:57 PM
Jun 2012
So this wreck-train is finally on it's course. Let's see how gloriusly it will crash in it's final season.
Apr 25, 2020 5:38 PM

Nov 2009
Finally got around to watching this series (working in essential store during this time sucks... a lot of extra work since everyone else is off at home watching anime...)

Anyways...

Looks like they're not really changing much and is still going with the Manga plots.

They pretty much only removed certain scenes, but that's not uncommon for anime to do in order to fit the whole arc within certain amounts of episodes.

___ ___ ___

Also, LOL @ the boob jiggle on message chair...
amlgApr 25, 2020 5:47 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 25, 2020 9:48 AM
Mar 2015
joonthepoon said:
Takehito Koyasu at the end of Episode 1

This post was sponsored by the JoJo Gang

Yeah right ?! The second I heard "ZA ..." I was like "WTF ? Is Dio taking over ??"
May 25, 2020 4:31 PM

Aug 2014
his brother from another mother? :o ;d
I did not like op/ed again it seems they totally changed the style from first 3 seasons. The new songs does not have any power...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 7, 2020 10:07 PM

Dec 2008
Trash. Rushed trash. No time to actually feel the characters bc of the rushed pacing, the panned shots are everywhere and make everything look boring, and felt like there were no stakes in this episode. Feels like another season 2, which was the worst season imo, this ep was just so fucking boring. Overall, this obviously just feel slike a poor rushed adaptation of the manga, fuck you food wars production staff.
Jun 19, 2020 11:26 AM

Aug 2017
Despite the same typical coincidences and the generic episode villain of the episode/arc like that guy who lost to Souma before, it was a good episode and I really felt that the comedy of the first seasons returned. It took away the anger that caused me all the fourth season.

New villain is hot as fuck, I mean...

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2020 9:43 PM
Feb 2020
FMmatron said:
Food Wars is back for the last time and aside from the mini recap we were thrown straight into the mid of things. Not how I would've started the season, but at this point no one seems to give a fuck anymore xD Anime staff also skiped a ton of stuff and changed it so that Saiba introduced himself to Souma here. Usually I'm not fond of drastic changes like that but nothing of value was lost I guess.

That said, the beach exam arc was actually the only one of the later arcs that truly captured and delivered the essence of what made this series once so beloved. So in that sense we were off to a really fun start, even tho it still left a bit to be desired. I dunno if it was due to how it was paced or if details were skipped, something felt off. Anyway, still enjoyed it and I hope I will be able to say the same when we enter the Blue.

Sounds like they changed a lot of stuff from the manga? Should I go back and read the whole series or is there a good chapter to start on somewhere before this episode?
Jul 6, 2020 2:53 AM

Nov 2016
DeitySmoke said:
FMmatron said:
Food Wars is back for the last time and aside from the mini recap we were thrown straight into the mid of things. Not how I would've started the season, but at this point no one seems to give a fuck anymore xD Anime staff also skiped a ton of stuff and changed it so that Saiba introduced himself to Souma here. Usually I'm not fond of drastic changes like that but nothing of value was lost I guess.

That said, the beach exam arc was actually the only one of the later arcs that truly captured and delivered the essence of what made this series once so beloved. So in that sense we were off to a really fun start, even tho it still left a bit to be desired. I dunno if it was due to how it was paced or if details were skipped, something felt off. Anyway, still enjoyed it and I hope I will be able to say the same when we enter the Blue.

Sounds like they changed a lot of stuff from the manga? Should I go back and read the whole series or is there a good chapter to start on somewhere before this episode?

Not necessary to start from the beginning, but for everything post time skip you can start from chapter 264.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 12, 2020 6:51 AM
Apr 2020
What are they doing!?
Jul 18, 2020 2:37 PM

Jan 2015
Really missed this show. Can't wait to see this contest!
Jul 26, 2020 12:31 AM

Aug 2017
Nice fanservice but otherwise mediocre. Everyone says this story has gone downhill after last season. I like it a lot early on but have started liking it less.
Jul 28, 2020 7:45 AM
Jun 2020
Just like every stereotype highschool anime we FINALLY GOT A BEACH EPISODE!!!!
Jul 29, 2020 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
They completely ruined it after making a 15 year old girl a director😂 now a girl is running Japan's no. 1 school and also treating elite member no.1 like a child.
Aug 2, 2020 2:40 PM
Aug 2020
I want watch this episode of season 5 food Wars.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

233 by penguin_sama »»
Jan 30, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

74 by phantom346 »»
Jan 10, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

82 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:26 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

72 by aod-kun »»
Nov 9, 2023 2:55 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

71 by aod-kun »»
Nov 8, 2023 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.