Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 11, 2020 3:13 PM
Oct 2016
Kanbe is a total bitch. Katou has the voice of Mamoru Miyano, so I will keep watching this anime.
Apr 11, 2020 3:20 PM

Feb 2014
This is going to be one crazy journey for sure
Apr 11, 2020 3:45 PM

Jun 2015
hot mc hot mc hot mc hot mc
that is all
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Apr 11, 2020 8:13 PM

Jun 2012
Really interesting dichotomy they're setting up between this everyguy worker with ideals who gets punished for his impulsivity and idealism, and the millionaire who does whatever he wants because he's bored and presumably is praised for it.

I'm curious about his motives, I'm curious about the theme that this show is going to be going for, and it was well-directed with a great musical score. I'll be really interested to see where they're going with this, and where the character arcs go as these two characters' ideals and worldviews clash.
Apr 11, 2020 9:05 PM

Jun 2019
OP and ED is so damn good. Can’t stop replaying it.
I don’t think the actual episode was anything special, will that stop me from watching though? Daisuke insists that I say no.

Saleenseven said:
stealing his car was not cool. not sure why people enjoy a show with asshole characters
I got a soft spot for asshole jerks. And apparently a lot of other people do as well. We all have shit taste.

Apr 12, 2020 2:50 AM
Aug 2018
So far I'm not impressed by anything, but this is only the first episode so I'm hoping the show picks up later.
I really felt no suspense during the entire episode, even though it was supposedly a high-stakes situation. Haru seems alright, although I'm sure his values and idea of justice will annoy me later. Daisuke is... An asshole?? A rich asshole who thinks he can disregard the needs and safety of regular people bc he's so rich he can compensate them via cash?? Yeah, not a big fan of his character so far, but maybe that's the point.
I also don't like how Daisuke sounds? I can't really put my finger on why I think his voice sounds off though.
Apr 12, 2020 3:59 AM
Mar 2020
Really liked the first episode and will definitely be continuing to watch but like...

Kambe was straight up down with pushing the van off the bridge with people still in it?...
I guess Katou survived the fall later on but the water pressure would’ve stopped the doors from opening afterwards and they would’ve drowned if they were in the van. Was he expecting them to jump out? When the girl didn’t jump out he was okay with possibly killing her? What?

That’s psychopathic. He’s a smart guy; he ought to know that would kill people. This kinda goes beyond spoiled, rich boy— ya know?

The show doesn’t seem like it’ll be super psychological but, personally, it would be cool if it delved into the real dark side of his character because he seems hella twisted.
Apr 12, 2020 5:11 AM

Apr 2011
Really snazzy, fun first episode.

I already feel awful for Katou lol. Kambe is sort of a bitch but I bet he's got a good story for why he is the way he is.

Also that ending theme?
I'm hooked.
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Apr 12, 2020 6:14 AM
Jul 2018
I love the opening and ending. Absolutely amazing.
Apr 12, 2020 7:28 AM
Jan 2020
VeIum said:
So far I'm not impressed by anything, but this is only the first episode so I'm hoping the show picks up later.
I really felt no suspense during the entire episode, even though it was supposedly a high-stakes situation. Haru seems alright, although I'm sure his values and idea of justice will annoy me later. Daisuke is... An asshole?? A rich asshole who thinks he can disregard the needs and safety of regular people bc he's so rich he can compensate them via cash?? Yeah, not a big fan of his character so far, but maybe that's the point.
I also don't like how Daisuke sounds? I can't really put my finger on why I think his voice sounds off though.

My thoughts exactly. Felt like everything was all over the place and Daisuke's voice doesn't suit him at all.
Apr 12, 2020 11:21 AM

May 2015
Oh yeah, anime where money gets thrown around.

I liked the first episode, looks like it'd be fun with the way Daisuke handles things.
Apr 12, 2020 1:52 PM
Oct 2018
Will this be available on Crunchyroll???
Apr 12, 2020 2:22 PM
May 2015
This is what happens when Bruce Wayne decides to act like Tony Stark and ditch the cape and cowl and join the police.

That millionaire is pretty much carrying the first episode with his audacious money-spending. The way that other cop gets upset, I'm sure they'll be a teeth-clenched but ultimately trusting team.

Anyway, this has my cruiousity. But I hope that the show builds on a good story, because simply throwing around money can't be an all-purpose solution.

Apr 12, 2020 3:41 PM

Jul 2012
Kanbe Daisuke. I like him. He's got charm.
Apr 12, 2020 5:10 PM

Dec 2016
This was a really energetic 1st episode. Best anime of this season for me and both the OP and ED are awesome.
Apr 13, 2020 2:05 AM

Mar 2015
Bank balance: UNLIMITED

What does that even mean
Apr 13, 2020 2:13 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
It's a good start, but hard to memorize each people's role. I know it was kinda introduction episode. I love OP, and love Mamoru-sama's voice. I'll continue to watch it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2020 2:39 AM

Dec 2015
Robbing jewelry shops in Ginza... I sure hope they don't try robbing Jewelry Etranger for their own good, haha.

I was already looking forward to this (because Mamo-chan) but man didn't expect Twitter to go nuts over it. Can't blame them, I'm definitely simping over Kambe. Please step on me and shove money down my throat good sir.

OP isn't bad, love the ED. One of the best premiere episodes this season (I still love Bakarina and Gal to Kyouryuu's openings a lot so I can't say this is my favorite). Definitely going to continue watching.
Apr 13, 2020 3:32 AM
Feb 2015
Great episode, Kinda reminds of psycho pass 3 (ED) animation. looking forward for the next episode.
Apr 13, 2020 4:29 AM

Jul 2016
Priestess_Alva said:
I love the opening and ending. Absolutely amazing.

Yep. Both were amazing.
Apr 13, 2020 10:05 AM
Mar 2019
Haru is the best boi, voiced by the mado scientist, he's definitely the best boi. And Daisuke? daisuke who? the only daisuke that i know is OnoD. But damn, i admit he's cool.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 13, 2020 9:11 PM

Jun 2019
How to disrespect an arab prince by Daisuke Kambe. LOL.

Seems good to watch.

I LOVE dat goddamn asshole rich guy.

9/10
Apr 13, 2020 10:10 PM

Aug 2016
Yuko, girl, you should've dumped his useless ass.
Anyway, the first episode gave me bsd feels.
I'm (lowkey) expecting a wild plot twist considering the author of the original novel this anime is based on.
7/10
Apr 14, 2020 1:44 AM
Mar 2012
Full of cool over the top style and random stuff & nice music.
That burglar couple is hilarious. But Kambe's just rude trash for now, tho fun as basically representing the fed reserve lol. Hope Mr. Justice won't become the typical annoying mc spewing ideals.
gophercgApr 14, 2020 1:49 AM
Apr 14, 2020 4:27 AM

Oct 2018
not interesting enough for me
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Apr 14, 2020 10:54 AM

Dec 2016
I guess we have a CSI anime here, huh? Fine by me! ;) I like watching some crime investigation.

But honestly, that unlimited cash seems too unrealistic to me. Also, those wannabe criminals got a reward of the dumbest criminals in this anime so far. How hilarious it is to assault a Jewelry Shop without realizing it's a Chocolate Shop, not to mention the man calling his sidekick criminal by her name. Nice going! XD

Will give a couple more episodes of how this will develop from now on... yes, I'm in doubt somehow cuz I feel it lacks something, but I'm not exacly sure what...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 14, 2020 3:39 PM

Jun 2016
Amazing LMAOOOO anime hasn't made me laugh this hard in awhile!! Definitely will continue it.
Apr 14, 2020 4:58 PM

Jun 2009
oh Daisuke is soo cool! & hot (♡⌓♡๑)
The ED showcased Haru's handsomeness sigh
The OP was epic. Totally into the sexy tech scenes & the ending shot of the $ spent was a nice touch. Really looking forward to seeing more

Apr 15, 2020 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
i need full op and ed theyre soooo good im currently listening on repeat XD
the anime seems interesting, i really like haru and the atmosphere in the show
Apr 15, 2020 1:30 PM

Jun 2017
I got this feeling that since he can solve almost everything through his wealth or unlimited cash(whatever they call it.) The story might revolve more on Haru. Then Daisuke would be the one to save the day. Probably similar to One Punch Man. Saitama can solve all obstacles but the story mostly revolves around those characters who're inferior to him. They struggle to fight against the antagonist but in the end, they won't be the one to solve the problem.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Apr 15, 2020 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty slow/boring beginning but i do expect it to get better, as i do like the plot idea.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 15, 2020 9:32 PM
May 2016
Like the art, don't like Kanbe, need to meet the rest of the cast.
Apr 16, 2020 3:33 AM

Nov 2010
Mayuka said:
kuroneko99 said:
The show was absurd and boring.
I found a familiar name in the beginning of the OP credit. The author is a famous SF novelist known for "Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo", "Portraits of Eight Families" and so on. As he also writes trash, we've got one of those this time.
idk, paprika is kinda good
Then, try Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (movie). It's a quite poplar title in Japan.
I rated it as 10. It's rare case.
Apr 16, 2020 3:35 AM

Jul 2012
kuroneko99 said:
Mayuka said:
idk, paprika is kinda good
Then, try Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (movie). It's a quite poplar title in Japan.
I rated it as 10. It's rare case.
i watched both, i liked both lol
Apr 16, 2020 9:42 AM
Mar 2019
daisuke is an asshole and i LOVE it. i can't wait to see how they develop his character - and in the meantime it's gonna be hilarious to see how he interacts with sane people lmao

the only negatives for me were that yoko (the pink-haired robber?) didn't leave the dude that abandoned her and that there were some awkward pauses in the dialogue at times. otherwise, this was an enjoyable first episode! it was unpredictable, the art is refreshing, and the music was great!
Apr 16, 2020 10:46 PM

Jan 2009
That Arabic was hilariously awful, on the same level of the usual Engrish XD

The episode was fun though, I'm interested now.
Apr 17, 2020 1:10 AM

Mar 2013
The OP and ED are nicely done and very catchy. So far the first Episode wasn't too bad. Daisuke is quite hot lol.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Apr 17, 2020 11:09 AM
Mar 2020
I actually really enjoyed this first episode ! The animation is nothing special, but the ost really comes to spice things up- and i thaught the moments of tension worked pretty well too. I've seen many people saying we don't attach to the characters enough, and I can't really say anything against that, but hey, it's only a first episode after all. The one thing that I think is really prejudiciable to the anime is its source - I haven't read the Fugou Keiji book (yet), but the book is more than 40 years old and it kinda shows
Apr 17, 2020 11:47 AM
Oct 2010
Mayuka said:
Usugatayou said:

Ugh. It's beyond ridiculous to hate on a girl character just cause she's viewed as an obstacle to their ship. I'm getting flashbacks of a Fandom that thrashed a real person just cause her role kissed one of the guys of said Fandom's ship. Also, going as far as complaining for the "Queerbaiting" is both hilarious and stupid when it never said anything like that. Talk about being misogynistic and heterophobic. 🙄
Yes lol, it's ridiculous. Twitter girls are all praying she is a sibling or something so she won't get in the way of their BL ship. It really shouldn't affect how people perceive this anime whether it has a homo or het ship because the story will be focused on this action/comedy stunt kind of thing it has going on. There has been NOTHING in this anime that hints at a pairing other than in the OP where Daisuke is holding the girl so...

It's weird because most of the BL shippers are all straight themselves and want to date Daisuke but hate if he is already engaged lol

I have no problem with people shipping Daisuke and Haru but some fans overstep their boundaries. I mean, you can enjoy the anime for your ship but don't undermine the actual point of the series (Mystery). Now that Suzue has been introduced, I'm not seeing too much aggression against her since, as you said, fans are hoping she's Daisuke's sister. That doesn't change the fact that her character was being treated poorly before she made her entrance. Some of the fans are surely once haters, I tell you. Hating on a girl for getting in the way of your ship yet wanting Daisuke yourself. Weirdos.
Apr 17, 2020 11:50 AM
Oct 2010
VeIum said:
Daisuke's VA is actually making his debut so I guess that's the reason. I also had trouble getting into his voice but I'll overlook it since it's the guy is maybe getting used to it still.
Apr 17, 2020 5:32 PM

Mar 2016
i like the op and ed. decent first episode, 2.5/5

Apr 17, 2020 8:44 PM

Jul 2017
If anything, this show peaks my interest because of Mamoru Miyano.

As for first impressions, MC Daisuke Kambe with a rookie VA's debut is good and fits into the atmosphere swiftly, mostly of a bastard personality that doesn't care much and gets the job done like a Blade Runner. He is truly the definition of Balance:Unlimited, using money to solve things.

As for Haru, he's the typical police force that works the usual.

OST is cool with OP/ED.

OK start, definitely leaning more on the drama side of things.
Apr 19, 2020 11:34 PM

May 2017
After reading what others had to say I was honestly surprised by the amount of people disliking this first episode so far! I enjoyed it but the reasoning for it being messy and weird makes sense, Kambe is defintiely an asshole too lol. But I can't help it NGL I still like it and will continue to watch cuz they are hot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2020 5:42 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm, yes, I am going to enjoy shipping the living daylights out of these boys. Daisuke is... very much my type, and I like his VA, he's got a nice timbre to his voice that stood out to me immediately.

The car chase reminded me of an old James Bond film, over the top and silly, but in a perfectly fun way.

Looking forward to more.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Apr 29, 2020 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
Okay, I'm not one to put it out there this way but I really went in seriously so I'll get this off my chest here.

The awkward pacing, Daisuke's VA poor performance(even for a debut, that was poor and it's very sad that everyone else sounds fitting except for him. Mamoru completely outshined him in most scenes. The voice acting was too tame and unbefitting of a character like Daisuke, there's no power, very faint...) and the lack of a real driving force disappointed me. I guess I had high expectations.

OP/ED are great though and the art style is indeed similar to one of my favorites for yaoi/BL genre and I don't know but that seems kinda intentional even if this is just a mystery show with no such themes whatsoever. It's too similar to the trending BL art styles nowadays, the ones who know that might think the same. It seems to be aiming broadly in terms of audience.

I'll watch the next one in case it picks up but I'm not too hopeful about it.
Apr 29, 2020 7:59 PM

Aug 2018
GODDAMN THIS SHIT IS EPIC
GREAT EPISODE
GREAT ANIME
9/10
May 16, 2020 10:32 PM
May 2020
I think its average. But I have no idea why people are so obbssed with Kanbe . Average emo caracter i think. There is no plot twist in the first episod. No mystry . Kanbe was rich so he could solve that case anyhow... but i need to be patient .. I cant judge after watching only one ep.
May 17, 2020 12:19 AM
Apr 2020
ok, Daisuke wasn't as good to see as i I thought it would, the character's attitude was just idk, somehow unpleasant, I mean yeah he looks handsome and promising but didn't meet my expectations, I hope this will change in future episodes. Meanwhile Haru was actually pretty much fine. I think this show could have a lot of potential!
May 17, 2020 12:50 AM

Feb 2019
what a weird anime, that Kambe guy has Unlimited Cash Works it seems, I'm interested

Nice op and ed
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 2, 2020 3:10 AM

Apr 2020
OP and ED were catchy!

Uhhh may i just say the Kanbe is kinda hot 0-0

But anyway, There were a few moments that were kinda awkward but i did enjoy the animation. I'm personally into crime and mystery so i hope this makes its way to becoming a really good series and one that i can like!

I also like the little addition at the end of how much money was spent!

Expecting good things for next episode!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2020

130 by Dilannohi »»
Jan 2, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2020

59 by Mayuka »»
Nov 24, 2023 4:32 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Aug 6, 2020

112 by Epiroogu »»
May 27, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2020

61 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2020

71 by Mr_Fudgee »»
May 16, 2023 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.