Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 12, 2020 10:45 PM

Feb 2020
Mai_of_the_Fire said:
Like, doesn't that undermine any sort of effort on the part of the mc? How do you create a compelling narrative with that? This whole episode just felt like Bam was a passive player in everything that was happening around him, he's getting to climb the tower not because of any character growth or effort or anything at all related to his personal character or emotional growth. It's just "congratulations, I guess you're lucky."

Basically, this show thus far has been gorgeous production design mixed with horribly sloppy direction and writing, a main character who I'm still not quite grasping how his emotional growth relates to his ascent of the tower (mostly this plot thus far has just felt like he's motivated to climb the tower, but the tower is just an obstacle that says "nope, you have to wait, even though you're not struggling at all to climb this tower because you're innately special,") not really symbolic of his personal growth in a coherent or compelling way.

I'm still just grasping at the air wanting to like this show because everyone says it's supposed to be such a good story, but I'm just not seeing what is so compelling about it. It's felt like every other mediocre "destined hero" action story so far, with Bam's scenes with Rachel and the show's occasionally-gorgeous production design being the only standout parts of it.
He does work hard, face obstacles, and grow later, the entire season 1 is only like 15% of the published chapters. People don't hype the series after reading only 11 chapters, which is where the anime adapted until. Feel free to take a break though
yuzuruhanyuuApr 12, 2020 10:54 PM
Apr 12, 2020 11:25 PM

Apr 2020
EdHaku said:
GhostRO123 said:

Since the MC is an Irregular and unlike the Regulars, he isn't bounded by the rules of the tower he would've had some pretty good chances of clearing the test anyway regardless of whether he was given the Black March or not (and its actually a needle not a sword, but just like Yuri's REAL motivation for helping out Bam the anime just had to mess this up too). And unfortunately, unlike the source material, the anime does indeed make that scene seem like a deus ex machina as you've already stated. However, that's not actually the case. The actual reason for why the princess wanted to help him could've been explained by a scene that was happening in parallel to Bam meeting Headon. But, of course, they decided to cut that out too (not surprised the first episode turned out to be such a rushed mess). This could be considered a spoiler so if you really want to know why she helped him read it at your own risk:

Well, I only watched the anime so that's my only reference.
I wasn't necessarily talking about the princess though. It felt like she had a motive for her actions, even if it felt convenient. I was mostly talking about the sword goddess (or something) helping him.

They messed up this scene as well. Black March didn't just decide to help Bam out of nowhere because he has a freaking "cute face". They actually had a bit of back and forth, there was a dialogue between them and the result of that conversation is why she found him to be endearing or cute so she decided to help him out just that instance. Even though she still lends him her power because she found him to be attractive at least this way it kinda makes sense as opposed to how they chose to portray it in the anime.
Apr 13, 2020 1:59 AM

Jul 2019
Finally some exposition. That's more like it. The talk the ranker and Bam had made this episode.

Their croc reminds me heavily of Dorohedoro's Caiman btw.
Apr 13, 2020 3:00 AM

Jul 2009
So Bam and Rachel were the only ones that were not born in the tower...I guess they were, but for me reason they got expelled.
Apr 13, 2020 8:45 AM

Apr 2019
So, that means all rankers are gods, right?
Rem is best girl
Apr 13, 2020 9:07 AM
Jan 2017
Shizokami said:
Shizokami said:

No, rankers are just strong individuals who have reached the top of the tower
Apr 13, 2020 9:55 AM
May 2018
Shizokami said:

I believe the top isn't technically the "top", you can go higher than that, but nobody ever managed to accomplish this. In the Anime Khun mentions the top as in the floor where the king is.

My theory is the king is at the highest reachable point in the tower, and aspires to become a God and now holds these tests to gather talents (aka rankers) to help him reach the actual top. Mankind already managed to claim the inner tower up to the point where the king is, and to go further they need manpower, and only the most qualified can be useful.

Don't quote me on this though, just a theory.
Apr 13, 2020 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
A lot better than the first episode. This one actually made me care at least a little about the characters and story.
Apr 13, 2020 1:50 PM

May 2018
Things are starting to get interesting now
Apr 13, 2020 3:01 PM

Dec 2015
Everything was as expected (knowing nothing about it), apart from the many unexpectedly retained comic faces.

3/5

So much style and technic... and TMS loses it on this kind of product (when it's not celebration ones).
Apr 14, 2020 1:05 AM
Mar 2019
this is obviously better than the first one, and more information have been revealed, looks like the story will get widen and widen.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 14, 2020 10:07 PM

Jan 2013
Loving the flow of this show.
The Regular told that about Khun because he is irregular, interesting xD
Bam passed the wave test so easily, love how that guy treated him like he forgot about him xD

So, he and Rachel are the only ones who came from another world and apparently the people from the tower don't know that people from other worlds can come? Damn! That's interesting.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 15, 2020 12:26 AM
Jan 2020
Yu Yu Hakusho did it better and funnier.
Apr 15, 2020 1:18 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, the way we see it is that Bam is continuing this Tower journey to find Rachel, his one and only desire.

Khun is apt at being deceptive whilst maintaining his posture, his calm nature serving him well towards Bam at helping him thwart this test of 400. At much he's a reliable person for now.

And those derpy comical faces of Rak the alligator....yea those got a good chuckle.

Only good luck resounds Irregular Bam, but that may just be the start of all the impending troubles. And thankfully Rak and Khun made it through.

The tests are getting harder and harder...

Presentation's better than Episode 1, that's for sure, but keeping expectations for now.

Apr 17, 2020 10:03 PM

Jan 2019
I was totally bashing on the first episode, but this one was definitely better. Also pretty glad that they answered some questions and improved the world-building. I'm getting some super serious HunterxHunter vibes too and Bam is still a Lil bitch that needs to get gud
Apr 18, 2020 2:31 AM

Jun 2014
Thread cleaned.

Please keep posts relevant to the episode + Trolling will not be tolerated and if seen doing so, consequences will be applied.
Apr 18, 2020 11:03 PM

Jul 2008
In what world are people taught that humans look like turtles. If they were of the teenage mutant ninja variety I MIGHT understand the confusion.

Now I wonder does Bam's power come from himself or the sword?
Apr 19, 2020 1:20 AM

Feb 2020
WolfWood37 said:
In what world are people taught that humans look like turtles. If they were of the teenage mutant ninja variety I MIGHT understand the confusion.

Now I wonder does Bam's power come from himself or the sword?
Apparently the author said that Rak came from a place where there's only them and turtles, which they eat. So anyone that's not their species is a turtle to them.
Apr 19, 2020 10:52 PM

Mar 2019
In my opinion a much better episode than the first one.
Khun's suitcase getting stuck in the wall seemed very suspicious to me. He may have some really weird stuff there, especially assuming that the wall only reacts to living creatures and not objects, though I'm not sure whether that's the case.
Also, Bam comes from a different world than the other characters? Darn it, I've been tricked into watching an isekai again. :D
OωO
Apr 19, 2020 11:10 PM

Apr 2020
Paczek-12 said:
In my opinion a much better episode than the first one.
Khun's suitcase getting stuck in the wall seemed very suspicious to me. He may have some really weird stuff there, especially assuming that the wall only reacts to living creatures and not objects, though I'm not sure whether that's the case.
Also, Bam comes from a different world than the other characters? Darn it, I've been tricked into watching an isekai again. :D

This is not an isekai though.
Apr 24, 2020 6:31 PM
Jan 2020
Pretty good episode. I heard that the VA of Jotaro plays the guy who sleeps a lot, so I'm excited to see the character some more.
Apr 28, 2020 4:24 PM

May 2014
P strange show so far but in a good way
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Apr 30, 2020 1:00 AM

Dec 2012
GOOD SHIT EPISODE

May 4, 2020 2:57 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was soo much Awesome than the first one &
the fight scene was cool but my boy Bam is simp and that is A NO!! NO!! OR MAYBE?
9/10
May 14, 2020 3:21 AM

Jul 2016
Okamoto character seems interesting. The All Might character is the mascot in the group. Bland comedy and half baked animation. Overall better than last episode.

May 14, 2020 5:26 AM

Dec 2008
Not to say that I'm not happy about Tsudaken being in the show but I was expecting a different kind of voice for Lero Ro
May 15, 2020 8:04 AM

Jan 2016
All I think of when I hear Khun Aguero's name is the football player from Argentina.
May 20, 2020 1:52 PM
Feb 2018
Bam seems like a lost puppy. I like how the test shifted from fighting to forming teams
May 23, 2020 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
Really liked this episode! There was a lot of talking but the characters were entertaining and it payed off.
May 23, 2020 8:21 AM

Mar 2018
I am still not impressed. Actually, I liked this episode less than the first one. The first one at least had a vibe that was a tiny bit like "Death Parade" but this was just boring. So far not even the MC stands out. I hope this gets better. The only thing that is sometimes okay is the score but the mixing is terrible. Sometimes the score is way too loud and sort of drowns everything out.
Jun 2, 2020 10:23 AM

Mar 2010
I admit that first episode didn't do a good job of explaining things. But as time goes by, "Hey maybe that anime is good" is what I thought of.

This episodes really has that HunterxHunter's exam vibe and Bam and Khun is like Gon and Killua to me, and it's cool. The character is different enough that it is unique on it's own.
Jun 18, 2020 5:49 PM

Nov 2012
Wow this ep was great too, am impressed with the world building and character designs so far!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 24, 2020 8:10 PM

May 2013
This anime reminds me of HunterXHunter lol.
Jun 26, 2020 6:08 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
ugh, so much yelling in this episode, its really grating.
Jul 21, 2020 4:14 AM
Jul 2018
Well, a bit of information concerning the setting, the outer tower, or the residential area, the inner tower where all the contestants and the challenges are, and the middle ground which connects the two. One thing I am confused about this explanation is that how come that people are born and raised inside the tower, amid dangerous ordeals, rather than the rational location, the residential area? Rachel and Bam seem to stem from there. How very odd, indeed. Speaking of which, Bam really has an obsession with his caretaker, of the sort, Rachel. He thinks that he, the entirety of his thoughts and body, belongs only to Rachel. This sure doesn't seem healthy, and certainly is dangerous, for him.

I took a liking towards the team dynamic between Bam, Khun, and Rak. Hopefully, they stay together in future endeavors. Between the three, Rak is pretty precious with his unusual naivete and amusing way of talking. Khun seems to be the cunning of the three. I understand why Lero-Ro would warn Bam about him. There is something about Khun that is more to the eye. He is very much shady. Regardless, he has a good head on his shoulders.

Jul 26, 2020 6:38 PM

Jul 2013
After this episode I dig it even more. Rak is funny, but why does he call Bam and Aguero turtles lol?

Without any doubt the team up between Bam and Aguero reminded me a lot of Gon and Killua which I like a lot. Maybe Rak becomes the Leoreo haha.

Damn Hatz and Anak are strong. Their fight was definitely on a very high lvl.

The mood shifted when Lero Ro appeared. I can't believe Bam didn't get pushed back by that wave. The difference between the participants I clearly to see. How easy some were able to go through that wall and others who couldn't do anything. Lero Ro seems like a very chill and cool person. I hope we will see him in the future again.

So people live their whole life in the tower? That's interesting and like Bam I also wonder where he comes from then. It was not within the tower where he and Rachel met.

Jul 27, 2020 5:49 PM

Nov 2012
I liked the comic relief normal guy for the first half and then they immediately drove him into the ground. The voice actor is amazing and clearly wants him to be a scene stealer but he's just not.

The reason for Bam constantly getting preferential treatment and lucky breaks had better have a REALLY GOOD explanation, and the Ranker had best be wrong. A tournament arc where the winner is completely based on luck sounds like the one surefire way to ruin a tournament arc.

There's some really nice directing and a few interesting pieces of foreshadowing, and the art style has grown on me since last episode, but I can't help have this impending sense that the answers to the questions raised are not going to be satisfying. How some of the reveals play out could make or break this show.
Aug 27, 2020 4:30 AM

Jul 2015
Nice alliance, Khun seems like an cunning person while Rak seems to be the muscles. We learnt a bit on the tower here but still many mysteries left, by the looks of it hard work can only bring you so far with talent/luck being a great factor in bringing you to the top.

Sep 13, 2020 5:04 AM
Aug 2020
This was so good, i'm so excited for the next episode!!!
Sep 13, 2020 5:05 AM
Aug 2020
Galvanometer said:
This episode was certainly better than the first episode. I totally felt weird watching the first episode, but in the end I'm getting used to it, or more like now I'm totally liking this animation. A solid 8/10 for this episode
Yeah this episode was so good, this series makes 20 min to 7 min!!!
Dec 12, 2020 6:23 AM

Jul 2017
Again, a fun episode when rewatching it and it was nice seeing guys like Shibisu and Serena there with some pretty funny moments there as well as some teams forming like with Bam-Khun-Rak for example, as well as Hatz-Anaak-Shibisu. Also, we of shinsoo, also known as 'divine water' featured in the second test as people who have the capability of working with extreme concentrations of shinsoo in the future would have a future with climbing the tower. Not really an ability you can just magically pop out of thin air but your body must be capable of handling it. Nice to also learn a bit more about irregulars and the structure of the Tower through Lero-ro's conversation with Bam, although the webtoon did go into more detail surrounding the structure itself. With no expectations for a masterpiece anime, I enjoyed it again. The first few episodes of the show really are good for me, regardless of how that 2nd half of the season turns out.
Feb 2, 2021 9:26 PM
May 2020
I haven´t really read the webtoon so I came here without really knowing anything... ma bad ig. Just glad to know that I wasn't the only one thrown off by the first episode. So yeah, compared to de 1rst Ep. This one was so much better. Was even considering of dropping TOG but I think Imma give it a second chance. Besides, I'm a sucker for for my Straykids xd so I'm really digging the OP and ending.
Mar 31, 2021 8:10 PM

Nov 2010
Wow that fight between bob cut lizard girl and that edgy samurai kid was cool. So far this show is giving me Hunter x Hunter vibes.
Jul 14, 2021 7:22 AM

Aug 2020
Well this episode is definitely better than the first.

That alligator dude is really like Inosuke. I wouldn't be surprised if both characters were voiced by the same VA.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jan 17, 2022 10:08 AM
Nov 2020
Sleeping dude is a whole mood and a half
Mar 10, 2022 8:52 PM
Jul 2018
There will always be those anime characters that seem so strong and strict at first but turns out to be kind and fun to be with.

Also, that Shinsu scene was funny.

Also, is the break rooms, the "venues" built by mortal gods? It looks like extra terrestrials are giving scientific powers to living biological creatures.
Oct 15, 2022 12:09 PM
Dec 2009
The introduction of some characters in the protagonist's team gave a better grace in this second episode.
Dec 28, 2022 10:06 AM
Oct 2020
Very Much Enjoyed Khun and Bam's back and forth. lol and that he only refers to them as turtles.
May 14, 2023 10:03 PM

Dec 2022
The organisation is shady as F. It seems like some of the rankers are sabotaging the game. The princess rigged it. Hedon rigged it. The rankers rigged it. They seem to wage a secret war. Also, I got the feeling that this game is mostly population control...

Something is fishy with Rahel coming after Baam when she started before...
Oct 13, 2023 8:58 AM

Jun 2011
"A monster has arrived"

You have no idea how much hype I got from that! The pacing is screwed though, I expected it because I've heard a lot about it, but I am just glad that they're bringing more attention to this series.

I am so happy to see Anaak, Hatz, Ship Leesoo, Laure, Rak, and even that trash Levin lmao, and especially my boy Khun Aguero Agnes.

The OP/ED slaps.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

336 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 19, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2020

591 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 16, 3:12 AM

» Is Tower of God Worth Watching or Reading?

Cherish-Life - Mar 14

16 by Madhukar13g »»
Mar 27, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SingleH - Jun 24, 2020

459 by TayWilliams »»
Mar 7, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Kami no Tou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 17, 2020

456 by Kira_ga_Kiru »»
Feb 23, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.