Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 7, 2020 10:46 PM
Jan 2020
As the title suggests. When have you felt devastated enough by the conclusion of an anime where you can't get it out of your head for what seems like days or even weeks?

Personally, the third movie installment of Mahou Shoujo Madoka really kicked my ass for a few days. This coming from a guy who has watched a fair share of hard-knock series.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2020 10:54 PM

Jul 2015
The eclipse part of Berserk 1997, the ost really added to the weight of the event.
Apr 7, 2020 10:55 PM

Jul 2019
Death Note. It's a pretty generic answer, I know. But it was one of the first anime series I have ever watched and it left a permanent mark. I'm still asking myself till this day was Light's ideology bad or good (lesser evil).

Also, I felt that way when I read 20th Century Boys manga.
Apr 7, 2020 10:56 PM

Oct 2018
Erased, after watching one of the best psychological thriller anime I have ever then my mind broke after that horrid ending.
Apr 7, 2020 10:59 PM

Oct 2019
End of Evangelion was just pure mind rape. Couldn't ever forget that movie.
Apr 8, 2020 12:09 AM
α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…β˜…Κ€α΄‡α΄€α΄˜α΄‡Κ€

Dec 2018
Didacticus said:
Personally, the third movie installment of Mahou Shoujo Madoka really kicked my ass for a few days. This coming from a guy who has watched a fair share of hard-knock series.

Hard agree!!!!!! Rebellion really messed with me and I loved that.
Apr 8, 2020 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
Cowboy Bebop. Didn't shatter my mind but triggered an existential crisis. Good times.
Apr 8, 2020 2:02 AM

Aug 2018
Steins gate and Erased , and you can already guess which one left my mind-shattered because of ending
Apr 8, 2020 2:05 AM
Jul 2018
Devilman Crybaby and SayoAsa. Left me broken and depressed for weeks.
Apr 8, 2020 2:09 AM
Jun 2015
End of Evangelion. About 75% of the movie
Apr 8, 2020 2:14 AM

Feb 2019
FMAB, HxH and Attack on Titan.
They are longer shows so they had more of an impact when finishing them.
Also the NGE Rebuild Movies. I thought they were incredible and it stuck with me for ages.

Currently watching Gintama... it will probably be the same with this one too

γ€Žα΄…α΄‡α΄α΄Ι΄-ʟΙͺᴋᴇ α΄Šα΄œα΄…Ι’α΄‡ ᴏꜰ ꜰΙͺʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- α΄…α΄‡ΚŸΙͺᴠᴇʀΙͺα΄‡κœ±
- ꜱΙͺΙ’ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ Κœα΄œα΄α΄€Ι΄α΄›α΄‘ΙͺΙ’

Apr 8, 2020 2:19 AM

Nov 2019
terminador_2397 said:
The eclipse part of Berserk 1997, the ost really added to the weight of the event.

This.

Just finished Berserk a few hours ago and still can't get over what just happened.
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Apr 8, 2020 4:15 AM

May 2013
Gurren Lagann.

This is the one and only show that truly left me in awe after completing it.

10/10 would recommend to anyone who has never seen it regardless of your genre preference.

It will be a hell of a ride that you will never forget, I know I didn't.
LincompoopApr 8, 2020 4:23 AM

Apr 8, 2020 4:24 AM

Apr 2015
Land Of The Lustrous single-handedly dragged me back to watch anime again after a couple of years of not caring.
Apr 8, 2020 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
There's a lot more manga that's doing that to me. Most of my favorites actually.

Anime I am not sure which one to pick, there are many that made me think a lot but impact I would call "mind-shattering" ? Maybe Monster got the closest to that, NGE, Ergo Proxy kinda.
I am still waiting for that one mind-shattering show it seems XD
Apr 8, 2020 4:31 AM

Apr 2019
This hasn't been adapted into an anime yet but the ending for Jojo part 6.. I just can't stop thinking about it it physically hurts me. That and I recently watched Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou and i haven't cried as hard as i did then at an ending of an anime for a long while. That shit hurted. (both of these ended in the best way possible btw but heartbreakingly so)
Apr 8, 2020 4:34 AM

May 2016
The end of devilman crybaby hit me hard, especially because I literally knew nothing about the anime when I watched it and I didn't realise how dark it would get...

Apr 8, 2020 8:29 AM

Jan 2017
terminador_2397 said:
Gonna 2nd this, especially if you haven't seen the first episode. Also that song during the eclipse is an atmospheric banger.
Apr 8, 2020 8:30 AM

Sep 2018
To me it's Koe No Katachi and it's not the conclusion of it that got me
but the bullying parts that had me depressed for a few days. There are some scenes I'll never forget.
Apr 8, 2020 8:32 AM

Jan 2015
Kidou Keisatsu Patlabor 2 The Movie with all it's political and moral talks left me devastated for like a week, that and Aoi Bungaku's first 4 episode, that arc hit me hard and made me think a lot about humanity in general.

...whether it's now or ten years from now, if you are going to evolve as a person, generally you need to be broken down first. -Ayanokōji Kiyotaka-

Apr 8, 2020 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
Ramy_Stereo said:
but the bullying parts that had me depressed for a few days. There are some scenes I'll never forget.
Ramy_Stereo said:
I would highly suggest you to try out 3-Gatsu no Lion, especially the 2nd season if you haven't it hit me harder than Koe no Katachi's bullying, in a sad realistic way, but it's one of those heavy story anime ;)

...whether it's now or ten years from now, if you are going to evolve as a person, generally you need to be broken down first. -Ayanokōji Kiyotaka-

Apr 8, 2020 8:37 AM

Sep 2018
Andre_Alexander said:
Ramy_Stereo said:
Ramy_Stereo said:
I would highly suggest you to try out 3-Gatsu no Lion, especially the 2nd season if you haven't it hit me harder than Koe no Katachi's bullying, in a sad realistic way, but it's one of those heavy story anime ;)

Yeah I was planning to watch it sooner or later, thx for the rec
Apr 8, 2020 8:43 AM
Jan 2019
great anime, not the best.There is only but one answer...............AKAME GA KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 8, 2020 8:44 AM
Aug 2019
for me its steins gate, not the conclusion tho

Apr 8, 2020 8:53 AM

Mar 2018
assassination classroom, zankyou no terror, vinland saga, berserk's golden age arc
Apr 8, 2020 8:56 AM

Feb 2018
definitely the end of banana fish Owo
Apr 8, 2020 8:58 AM
Mar 2019
Plastic Memories left my mind shattered. The ending really wanted me to search for answers, and I want to see moree
Apr 8, 2020 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
2nd episode of Symphogear 5 was really shocking.
And even more frustrating was that such an irredeemable villain pulled off an ultimate Karma Houdini and an utter Mary Sue protagonist, who think she is in position to forgive murdering 100k innocent people, children even.

Apr 8, 2020 9:05 AM
May 2019
- Texhnolyze
- Evangelion
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Madoka Magica
- Ergo Proxy
- Code Geass
Apr 8, 2020 9:06 AM
Mar 2020
Shingeki no kyojin - the hype has just left me shattered... Also due to the current world scenario , covid and all is just adding to a lot of uncertainty as to how will the last season proceed and by whom.. Also currently reading berserk just can't imagine how dark and different it is... Just left me shattered....
Apr 8, 2020 9:08 AM

Jan 2020
Code Geass messed me up for a good two weeks
Apr 8, 2020 9:08 AM

May 2019
PraiseTheSun123 said:
terminador_2397 said:

This.

Just finished Berserk a few hours ago and still can't get over what just happened.

You should read the manga, it gets a lot worse than that trust me lmao.

Apr 8, 2020 9:09 AM

Dec 2015
First I need to bring up Henshin, it toke me a very damn long time, before I got that shit out of my head. I coud not even sleep the night I read Henshin, I was just thinking about what I have just read.

If a anime serie have been like this for me, no not really.
The only one that woud come close is a serie called White Album 2.

I had a hard time accepting what I had just seen and what path the three main characters choosed.

It's not close to what I feelt after reading Henshin, but White Album 2 fucked me up too. I really had a huge problem accepting what I have seen as the correct way to go with things.

Apr 8, 2020 9:24 AM

Feb 2010
I'm not sure that ever happened. I'm not that obsessive about what I've seen. I can get super hyped and immersed while I watch, but I don't dwell on it once I'm done. I'm more interested in watching the next show, seeking out new experiences rather than get hung up on whatever I finished recently. Even my favorites are not something that haunts me for days or weeks after I finish them. For me watching anime is all about the here and now, enjoying the moment right now while I'm watching the show.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 8, 2020 10:31 AM
Mar 2020
well first of, of course, death note.
The first time I watched it was shook because of everything light had planned from the beginning on!

But for example, also animes like Anohana or Death Parade really made me think twice about several things :)
Apr 8, 2020 11:59 AM
Jan 2020
Weezneez said:
This hasn't been adapted into an anime yet but the ending for Jojo part 6.. I just can't stop thinking about it it physically hurts me. That and I recently watched Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou and i haven't cried as hard as i did then at an ending of an anime for a long while. That shit hurted. (both of these ended in the best way possible btw but heartbreakingly so)

Freaking loved Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou. That shit had me on the verge of bawling. I want to watch it again but my heart's not ready yet.
Apr 8, 2020 12:08 PM

Nov 2013
i can think of a few films outside of animation, but nothing animated has left me as you describe
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 8, 2020 12:44 PM

Apr 2019
Didacticus said:
Weezneez said:

Freaking loved Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou. That shit had me on the verge of bawling. I want to watch it again but my heart's not ready yet.

Same oh my god I wasn't expecting to love it so much, i cried SO hard and i am still not recovered from the ending but i want to watch it again even still
Apr 8, 2020 12:55 PM

Jun 2019
I was posting in a similar thread about anime that took ages to get over.

For me, one of those shows that messed me up emotionally was Domestic Girlfriend, especially with the ending we got in the anime.

I almost immediately started searching out the manga, only to discover it's still unfinished & the MC still hasn't picked a girl (it's obvious, Hina is the one and only choice imho, our MC may not be mature enough to realise just how great Hina is, *sound bitter much, lol*).

I got really invested in this show and felt devastated by the ending. At the time I didn't know that it had an ongoing, un-resolved manga/LN and therefore shouldn't have expected that things (who would the MC pick) would be neatly wrapped up by the end of the final episode (they rarely are in anime).
Apr 8, 2020 1:05 PM

May 2017
Ending of Akame ga kill when narrator said that nobody will remember them after everything they did..
Apr 8, 2020 2:14 PM

Sep 2018
Alien 9, I felt mentally violated by it and triggered a pretty bad anxiety attack.
Apr 8, 2020 2:23 PM
Oct 2018
Steins gate, monster, devilman crybaby and Akira
Apr 9, 2020 12:58 AM

Mar 2018
Grave of the fireflies left me shook for like a week.
Apr 9, 2020 1:07 AM

Jun 2017
nana definetly was that kind of anime for me. also zankyou no terror and ano hana
Apr 9, 2020 1:17 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Perfect Blue, and the End of Evangelion. It's wonderful when an anime can illicit such a feeling.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Apr 9, 2020 1:48 AM

Oct 2019
i JUST finished Hunter x Hunter and i have chronic depression now.

i'll never be the same.

what a damn masterpiece.
Apr 9, 2020 5:14 AM

Oct 2010
Megazone23 destroyed my senses, I still don't know who to root for, BD? Shogo? Bahamut? Who was right and who was wrong? What was the meaning of their lives there? Can megazone survive the attack? That night when I watched it I also drank some whiskey but the story sobered me up, truly a great experience.
Apr 19, 2020 9:18 AM

Jul 2017
thats an aggressive way to describe sublime i assume

here is a list of shows that have left me with void upon consumption

serial experiments lain
ping pong the animation
nekojiru-sou
millennium actress
slam dunk
monster
ghost hound
aku no hana
gilgamesh
now and then, here and there
box of goblins
angel's egg
mind game
blue gender
mononoke
Apr 19, 2020 10:39 AM

Nov 2015
Death Note kinda broke me when I first watched it.

To this day I don't really know what to think of it. It's definitely a powerful series, but I still can't really pin down my thoughts about it.
ISOQuorraJun 10, 2020 3:57 PM
Apr 19, 2020 10:51 AM
Jul 2018
None, but Berserk 1997 was close enough
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 17

87 by KineticAckerman »»
20 seconds ago

» What are some oneshot/1-volume manga that would make for better/more intriguing productions instead of more of the same incomplete narou-kei isekai adaptations? ( 1 2 )

Fario-P - Feb 26, 2023

67 by Lucifrost »»
2 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 22 minutes ago

9 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» Which of your Character Favorites (profile) do you think are the least faithful/biggest potential cheaters?

IpreferEcchi - 17 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

80 by Tropisch »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.