Forum Settings
Forums

If Oregairu isn't airing due to Coronavirus, why are other anime still airing?

New
Apr 7, 2020 4:02 PM
Mar 2019
I think it should be that if one anime falls, all should. Why is one anime not airing for who knows why while others are? I need clarification.
EdgeoftheLordsApr 7, 2020 4:23 PM
Apr 7, 2020 4:07 PM

Jul 2017
It has to be quarantined so that the other anime don't catch it.

Apr 7, 2020 4:10 PM
Jul 2018
It's not postponed out of respect lol, who gave you that idea
Apr 7, 2020 4:10 PM

Jul 2017
I doubt it's not airing "out of respect" lol, it's probably not airing because something production wise has been heavily impacted.
Apr 7, 2020 4:12 PM
Mar 2019
ickx said:
ickx said:

Why else would it get cancelled? Production issues? Nah. They would've announced that awhile ago.
Apr 7, 2020 4:13 PM
Mar 2019
Short_Circut said:
I doubt it's not airing "out of respect" lol, it's probably not airing because something production wise has been heavily impacted.

Then what about the other anime? Might as well cancel the whole season. Screw this safety bs if other anime are being producted. The employees are still at risk. Makes zero sense.
Apr 7, 2020 4:15 PM
Feb 2017
haha, that's not the reason why is beeing posponed, it's probably due to corona affecting the production of the anime, so it's get delayed, Re:Zero also was posponed but they announced much earlier, oregairu is getting delayed like 4 days before the premiere, that's why it caught everyone on such short notice, man i don't want anything else getting delayed, the 2 anime i was most hyped just got, all i got left is Kaguya-Sama now since i'm not the least hyped for shokugeki new season
Apr 7, 2020 4:18 PM

Oct 2013
Good riddance, at least the good shows didn't get delayed.
Apr 7, 2020 4:18 PM

Apr 2015
Everything is postponed due to the Coronavirus. Get used to it.
dc22 said:
Angra Mainyu detected.
Apr 7, 2020 4:20 PM

Jul 2019
I'm really sad too but I don't think it's "out of respect" unfortunately, especially if we know about this only a few days before the first episode...
Life is a despicable endurance race
Apr 7, 2020 4:21 PM
Feb 2017
EdgeoftheLords said:
Short_Circut said:

Then what about the other anime? Might as well cancel the whole season. Screw this safety bs if other anime are being producted. The employees are still at risk. Makes zero sense.

Yes, because all studios are located right next to one another and definitely not located at different locations that could be affected by the virus. Also, the amount of people needed and the amount of production for the anime series are exactly the same and not totally different from show to show.
Apr 7, 2020 4:22 PM
Mar 2019
Bunsuke said:
LOL "out of respect"
respect for what?????
If anything now, when everyone is stuck at home, is a better time than any for broadcasting
Bunsuke said:
LOL "out of respect"
respect for what?????
If anything now, when everyone is stuck at home, is a better time than any for broadcasting

I'll change the question so everyone can shift focus to.... why is the anime not airing?
Apr 7, 2020 4:24 PM

Sep 2018
Most likely because they want to push out a very high quality product and production was heavily impacted by COVID-19; Staff was likely seriously reduced and they just couldn't meet their deadlines.

Since OreGairu is my favorite series of all time, I have absolutely no issue with them delaying it. I've been waiting 6 years for the final season (granted it wasn't written yet), so if it means that they will do the series justice, then I will happily wait.
Blanks.
Apr 7, 2020 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
EdgeoftheLords said:
ickx said:
ickx said:

Why else would it get cancelled? Production issues? Nah. They would've announced that awhile ago.

My best guess is they work in studio, while other studios' employees work from home
Apr 7, 2020 4:46 PM

Jul 2017
EdgeoftheLords said:
Short_Circut said:

Like Blake said, not every studio is located in the same area and has the same format of things. Literally only yesterday did Japan as a whole decide to take things seriously and is starting to declare states of emergencies in various areas, so I expect more will be delayed/postponed in the coming few days
Apr 7, 2020 4:50 PM
Mar 2019
Short_Circut said:
EdgeoftheLords said:

Like Blake said, not every studio is located in the same area and has the same format of things. Literally only yesterday did Japan as a whole decide to take things seriously and is starting to declare states of emergencies in various areas, so I expect more will be delayed/postponed in the coming few days

Makes sense. Different production schedules and ways of working do affect the final product.
Apr 7, 2020 4:51 PM
Mar 2018
as long as they dont cancel kaguya im chill
Apr 7, 2020 4:58 PM

Jun 2019
Only show that I care about (at least that I've heard about and aware of the existence of up to now) airing this season is Fruits Basket reboot season 2. God let not Tohru and her heartwarming and cozy antics be impacted and I'm peaches and cream.

What a profound blow and kick in the teeth though to those awaiting and anticipating this eagerly and counting the days.
Apr 7, 2020 5:05 PM

Sep 2015
HotPocketChris said:
as long as they dont cancel kaguya im chill

I feel like that will be the next to fall
Apr 7, 2020 6:42 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Well, other anime like Rezero, NoGunLife, Violet Evergarden movie got pushed back too so it's not just Oregairu
Apr 7, 2020 6:51 PM

May 2019
dc22 said:

Ayyyyyy LMFAO massive shots fired.

Apr 7, 2020 6:53 PM

May 2015
Well they delayed No guns life anime too. Sad thocuz i just forced myself to binge season 1 and 2 this week for it xd
My Candies:

More topics from this board

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

92 by Ochimusha »»
2 minutes ago

» please help me find this anime

supertitao - 37 minutes ago

1 by Catalano »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you chronically online?

Shizuna - Apr 21

33 by Ende_uraa »»
3 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 5 hours ago

39 by perseii »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 2 hours ago

6 by Tirinchas »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.