Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2020 6:34 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chopper knows first-hand what a dangerous old lady Linlin is.

Overall a pretty well executed episode and it's cool how they added a bit of madness to Kyoshiro

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2020 9:34 PM

Dec 2019
Not much happened in this one besides introducing Orochi's devil fruit ngl it looks kinda sick, at first i thought it was a dragon lmao but it's a snake, Komurasaki's life is in danger, looking forward to the next ep.
                                                         đź–¤   

Apr 4, 2020 10:11 PM

Dec 2014
nice...komurasaki became likable again
Apr 4, 2020 10:30 PM

Jul 2007
I don't understand CR some times, its members constantly complain every single god damn episode. I am seriously getting stick of it. Not everything has to be panel by panel with the manga. The episode delivered its purpose, it was an episode filled with tension focused on Orochi, some interesting special effects for the transformations and you can clearly see that things in wano are slowly starting to spiral out of control.

This was a decent transitional episode into the next phase of the wano act 2 which is where things intensify and the straw hats will all start to finally move amonst the turmoil that is taking place. This episode was kind of the start of all that.

If people were binge watching One piece, there would be no complaints what so ever, they would look at this as on the edge of your seat type of experience and immediately be excited for the next episode. In that respect I think it served its purpose for having steady momentum and pacing.

Apr 4, 2020 10:35 PM

Aug 2018
Good episode overall, maybe a little bit too focused on certain things. Was really suprised about the way orochi transformation looks
Apr 4, 2020 11:20 PM

Jul 2015
Well appearance can be deceiving, really thought it was Big Mom but it all turned out to be some random lady named Olin. Hopefully she can be good friends with dr. Chopper and the rest.

Really thought Orochi's power was that of a dragon....but this also looks cool, it fits his big head I guess

Apr 4, 2020 11:41 PM

Oct 2017
They made Kyoshiro kinda creepy with that laughing scene at the end.
Apr 5, 2020 12:10 AM

Jan 2017
man the Pacing........ah!!slow pacing and those cliff hangers,,fuck it i am gonna hold on and binge after some months pass by!
Apr 5, 2020 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
This episode felt real quick for nearly nothing happening. How weird.
Apr 5, 2020 12:52 AM

Feb 2013
That coward has a cool devil fruit.
Apr 5, 2020 1:31 AM
Mar 2018
From the old times when I started watching one piece... From that reference....

It was a really slow cliffhanger and really nothing happened in the end so kind of disappointed...
Waiting for the next episode by the way....
Apr 5, 2020 2:08 AM
Jun 2016
they really missed out when they didn't name orochi's devil fruit hydra-hydra fruit :(
very well executed episode
Apr 5, 2020 3:25 AM

Jul 2016
WolfWood37 said:
This episode felt real quick for nearly nothing happening. How weird.

I had the same feeling.
Apr 5, 2020 5:53 AM

Dec 2013
Komurasaki was gutsy standing up to Orochi.

Loved the bit at the end with Kyoshiro.
Apr 5, 2020 9:25 AM

May 2014
Good ep. I bet many of the viewers, including myself, enjoyed that bitch-slap. He really deserved that. His many headed serpent DF looks cool
. I have my doubt that he is very, very strong. He has probably used a cheap trick + Kaido's help to defeat Oden Kozuki. The blue hair swag man looks fishy. There is no doubt that he is on Orochi's team. He may has always been on Oden's team or just a dude who wants some action. We are about to find out. ^^
Apr 5, 2020 5:47 PM

Jul 2013
Even if the episode focused again on the little party Orochi and his followers, we got to see some interesting things.

I'm glad Chopper reacted so fast at the beginning, otherwise I guess Big Mom could have gotten some memories back. God have I missed the words WEDDDDDDDING CAAAAAAKEEEYYYYYYY......

It seems besides Orochi nobody believes in that the Kozuki clan will come to take Wano back which is definitely an advantage for Kinemon and Co. Poor Otoko-chan, with her characteristic to laugh almost always even if she wants to express sadness got almost killed by Orochi. I didn't expect Komurasaki to slap Orochi in the face lol. But damn his transformation looks good. Pretty intimidating even if I think that he isn't as strong as he looks.

Things got very messy at the end for Robin and also for Komurasaki, so I wonder if maybe Brook can help them by scaring Orochi to death. One thing I know after seeing this episode is that Kyoshiro is an absolute freak. His laugh at the end was crazy. Oh and not to forget these transitions to the to be continued look amazing, I love it.

Apr 6, 2020 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
I was impressed at that blonde chick cause she was quick to take Otoko away but then she just took her outside the room lol didn't even tried to go further away.
Apr 6, 2020 4:02 AM
Sep 2018
cool to see Orochi in action !
Apr 6, 2020 5:55 AM
Jul 2018
Orochi is quite the immature little thing to get infuriated over a little child to the point of desiring to kill them. I found it amusing how his paranoia is the truth amid doubtful, smirking soldiers. Maybe this will give the Straw Hats and their allies the element of surprise? I do have to say though it seems like Orochi isn't just all talk. He can walk the walk from the look of things. His devil fruit transformation, the Yamata no Orochi, is such a fitting power for the unsavory shogun that is Orochi.

I am even more impressed with Kumorasaki. She stood her ground unflinching, and unmoving, impassive in the face of danger. It looks like the most famous of all courtesan harbors some affection for little Toko. And speaking of Toko, just what kind of condition does she have that keeps her laughing uncontrollably?

The touch of madness in the wake of Kyoshiro's laugh at the end of the episode gave me the jibbers. What a demented chortle.
Apr 7, 2020 6:12 AM

May 2014
I read the manga and this was tense af. Loved the directing decisions and I'm happy I stopped reading the manga

Apr 10, 2020 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
Weird episode, Orochi just went full retard and started attacking everyone. Also still not sure where Oda's going with that Big Mom anmesia.
Apr 13, 2020 7:20 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, didn't expect Orochi to have this kind of Devil Fruit or have a Devil Fruit at all ...
Apr 24, 2020 6:29 AM
Jun 2015
Komurasaki being firm in front of Orochi and embarrassing him in front of everyone was amazing. Orochi went crazy and started attacking his own men.
Apr 24, 2020 12:37 PM

Mar 2010
God damn you Otoko you have created a mess... Well At least she is true to herself.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 16, 2020 4:05 PM
May 2020
Kyoshiro is totally crazy! I expect Orochi to go insane, but this guy is on another level.
Jul 23, 2020 5:47 PM
Apr 2015
Excuse me, but could someone please explain to me what the red aura around Orochi (right before charging) is supposed to mean???
I seriously can't understand the way they use all those effects randomly and on everyone in the Wano arc...

Edit: the blue aura around Kyoshiro too
ChMelJul 23, 2020 5:58 PM
Sep 15, 2020 4:10 PM

Jun 2016
Before Wano, I thought the land would be full of some of the greatest men in One Piece. The samurai are good, admirable men no doubt, but Wano had some strong ladies! From the smaller acts of compassion and strength seen in Otsuru or Otama, in the bold acts of standing down men in power like Okiku or Komurasaki, I'll just say, Robin fits right in!

Speaking of One Piece ladies, I wonder if Big Mom has reverted back to her innocence before having learned those awful coping mechanisms and vices from her surroundings and experiences. If so, I am ready to stake my life protecting Lin Lin once more!

Blue pompadour Yakuza man gave some big Doflamingo vibes here, laughing maniacally in the face of chaos, or Pandemonium! Speaking of laughter, I can't help but connect it to Otoko's laughter.

Last but not least, while I am not fond of big babbling idiot men as characters like Orochi or Spandam, Orochi has been somewhat likable. In the way he was introduced as a function of oppression and waste to contrast Tonoyasu's village, and now in how his cowardice and delusions have happened to make his men mock him, and him latch onto a truth no one else could. A broken clock is right twice a day.
Sep 25, 2020 10:25 AM

May 2016
What a magnificent episode, I liked how Komurasaki stood against Orochi.
Nov 12, 2020 6:59 AM

Mar 2015
This episode was brilliant, loving how Komurasaki won't take any of Orochi's crap!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 27, 2021 3:23 AM

Mar 2016
A single burst of unstoppable laughter is the cause for such 'pandemonium' and Komurasaki's bitch slap to that fugly Orochi only helped to make the chaos all the much wilder.

There is no way Komurasaki, AKA Momonosuke's sister (as has been hinted before by the show itself) , the 'princess' of Wano, will abase to even Orochi.
ShadowkillZJan 27, 2021 8:43 PM
Sep 6, 2021 8:40 AM

Jun 2019
Otoko is alright. Thanks to Komurasaki. Orochi transformed and Big Mom is hungry.
Sep 9, 2021 7:55 AM

Aug 2021
I felt scared for Otoko glad Komurasaki stopped Orochi

Also Big mom's memories could be back any moment O.O
Sep 18, 2021 10:46 PM

Sep 2015
Despite big mom having amnesia, she still retains her laugh style "mama mama"

"Black hearted woman" dang...

Must admit Komurasaki has a lot of confidence, and she is firm

But damn Orochi, his attacks are effecting the foods as well, more food wastes....

New sword sound effect when Kyoshiro picked up his sword too
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jun 2, 2022 9:29 PM

Dec 2012
Big Mamnesia is actually quite endearing. I just want to hold hands and get along when i see her like that.

Otoko is giving me serious Joker vibes where you can't tell when she's laughing or crying. I thought Komurasaki had gone undercover to take down Orochi, but if she's risking her life to stand by her ideals then perhaps there's another story to why she's there.
Oct 11, 2022 1:26 PM
Apr 2021
THE ONE PIECE IS REAL

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 388 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Feb 8, 2009

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Feb 2, 2009

59 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 386 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GRIZZAT - Jan 16, 2009

67 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.