Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 13, 2020 2:27 AM

Dec 2015
Martin_Taylor said:
Will it stay this way?

No, it won't. Enjoy those episodes remaking Bokura no War Game while you can.
(you'll get a short clip of smooth fighting animation here and then going onward, but everything else will look and feel like the very common children sunday morning show it is.)
Feb 6, 2022 12:39 PM

Feb 2020
Well, well... What can I say? Nostalgia at its best. :)

I was pretty disappointed with Appmon (still a solid 7/10, though) and I have heard this one is even worse, so I don't have high hopes... However, I have been a huge Digimon fan since 2000, so I definitely can't skip this season.

Mmm, it was an okayish start, I guess. I can already see some big differences between this and the original show.

Well, let's see what's next.
Aug 31, 2022 10:27 AM
May 2022
Honestly, I never saw the original, so this was good I guess.
Nov 26, 2022 12:49 AM
Jul 2022
This was a ok episode for a pilot. I like how it started with Taichi getting stuff ready for his camp and calling his mother and sister, because it *showed* his personality and relationships with his family without merely narrating it. The beginning introduction with Koshiro worked well too, contrasting Taichi's more laid-back personality with Koshiro's more serious one.

Honestly, the pacing was pretty good until Taichi entered the digital world -- but then things got a little fast. (And is it just me, or is the digital world a little barren in the first episode?)

I'm not sure how Koshiro learned everything about Digimon and how they affected the real world so he could info drop it for Taichi, or how he could see into the digital world but wasn't there himself? Koshiro and Taichi also no longer felt like they had just met maybe an hour prior, they just kind of took their acquaintance for granted. But the biggest pacing issue is how at the end of the episode there are already Digimon attacking three spots in America and threatening the end of the world -- that came out of nowhere, and it's not clear where the series will go after episode 2.

Still, my gripes with the second half of the episode don't outweigh my appreciation for the first half of it, putting it at a 4/5 for me. Feeling cautious about the series going forward, but if it can slow down a bit and develop the digital world (without foregoing the real world entirely, since the character relationships there have been good so far), I can be cautiously optimistic that the series could be a fun watch.
Aug 31, 2023 4:51 AM

Nov 2012
oh dear, I had heard the reboot started strong but tapered off, but already the first ep was a bit mediocre for me.

Dunno if I'm the biggest fan of the OP, honestly the ED was better.

Can't say I'm a fan of Tai or Izzys new voices but that could just be my connection to the original, maybe they can grow on me.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 6, 2023 12:25 PM
Aug 2023
In episode 1 of Digimon Adventure 2020, Taichi Yagami is preparing for a camping trip at home as his mother, Yuuko, and sister Hikari return from lessons. Koshiro Izumi stops by with questions about the upcoming trip, and Taichi invites him in. Koshiro hears the news about ongoing cyberattacks and goes online to confirm that the way the attacks are happening is abnormal. Koshiro then confirms that the trains on the Tokyo Loop Line are out of control.

Taichi panics and begins rushing to the trains as he realizes his mother and sister in the middle of the problem, a fear his mother confirms. As Koshiro plots a way to get to Shibuya, Taichi jumps the faregates to try and save his family. The Crest of Courage appears on his phone as he is transported into the Network, where he spots an injured Koromon flung away after being attacked. Disregarding the risk to himself, Taichi leaps out to catch Koromon as they fall. The Crest of Courage shines, and Koromon digivolves to Agumon as Taichi obtains a Digivice.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Apr 18, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.