Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 7, 2020 9:20 AM

Jul 2014
TsukiAkari31 said:

-Stray said:
This reminds me so much of that other manga where the MC gets teleported into an otome game but the MC is a male lol.
Anyways this seems just as fun as that one! will definitely keep up with this.

Would you be able to tell me the name of that manga, please? It sounds really good, but I was unable to find it with only the description

Sure
"The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs"
Apr 7, 2020 9:25 AM

Mar 2017
Nice to see Bakarina being animated. So I guess his name is "Geordo", although I do prefer "Gerald" more, especially since Geordo seems like the romanized version of the name. It'll take some getting used to to see him referred to as that.
Apr 7, 2020 9:49 AM

Sep 2016
I love otomes and a great female MC.

This feels new and fresh and different from what I have seen before. I love the meta "I know this game" moments and commentary.

This was a pure delight to watch and I am really looking forward to seeing the rest of it. Also keeping my fingers crossed for yuri/queer content (I saw that hand holding in the intro...)
Apr 7, 2020 9:58 AM

Jun 2008
I love the manga, so I was eager to see Bakarina animated:D I'm satisfied^.^

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 7, 2020 11:11 AM

May 2016
I am surprised at how much I like this first episode. It reminds me of a show that I would watch and enjoy as a kid. I'm a girl and feel like I'm going to appreciate the hot guys and the yuri elements that people are talking about.
Apr 7, 2020 12:13 PM
Dec 2018
As person who read the manga and kind of the light novel, honestly I love this first episode, my best girl Catalina/Bakarina is here right now, I can't wait for more.

They manage to portrait the characters very goood, especially Catalina because her personality is defined by the context of "avoiding destruction flags" so her dense tendencies aren't annoying, on the contrary she's just like us, people that wants a peaceful life and I will quote this from the manga " I want a long life, and enjoy old age doing nothing with a cat on my knees" and she's funny too. Seriously I love her.

For the harem, well for me it depends on how you see the interactions and relationships between them 😅.

Honestly I believe that it will one character per episode but if the case now with this episode that focuses on Gerald/Geordo Stuart and Keith Claes, next I think will be Mary Hunt and Alan Stuarts introduction
HelaLoveApr 7, 2020 9:09 PM
Apr 7, 2020 12:35 PM
Jan 2017
i hope we get to see more of her as a kid
Apr 7, 2020 2:08 PM

Nov 2016
Surprisingly good, I'm expecting an actual romance from this.
Apr 7, 2020 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
I really enjoyed the first episode and honestly don't mind if this turns out to be reverse harem lol. Not really a fan of these isekai/reincarnation inserts but this one seems promising!

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Apr 7, 2020 5:13 PM

Jun 2015
Dear lord.. It's actually very interesting. I don't know anything about this series or the popularity it has before the anime release. Yes, I'm sold to this series. As long as I get a bit less of otome-harem and more of Bakarina, then I will be glad to watch it every week.
Apr 8, 2020 4:37 AM
Mar 2017
I'm a huge fan of the manga and ln so when I heard this would be adapted to an anime, I rejoiced! And man, the wait was worth it! Seeing it animated made me so happy~

Anyway, looking forward to watching the next eps!

Oh and Prince Geordo and Bakarina for me~ XD
Apr 8, 2020 6:03 AM

Feb 2014
I must say, for an isekai series, this take on it is rather nice and refreshing. It's got me easily hooked. =)

Catalina/Bakarina is hugely amusing and had me laughing quite often. Her plan of trying to avoid an bad end of either exile or death will be difficult, but as long as she keeps being herself here, then whatever route she goes, it'll certainly be an entertaining one.

The OP song was also pretty unique and catchy. Definitely one of my early favourites this Spring Season so far. ^_^
Apr 8, 2020 9:11 AM
Oct 2019
Pretty good first episode. They added some and modified scenes to fit the anime flow better but it was very true to the first 2 or so chapters of the manga. I really liked it especially since the protagonist is so cute and dense.
Apr 8, 2020 3:13 PM

Mar 2010
This was probably one of the best first episodes I have seen for a anime. Idky but I was able to get immersed. I still feel like I have much to learn about the main protagonist but its okay. I don't want to be flooded with information. Hopefully this doesn't become dull to quick.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 8, 2020 4:51 PM

Jul 2009
A good first episode.
I liked Uchida Maaya's voice for Katarina.

I look forward to Inori and Miho voicing Sophia and Mary!
Apr 8, 2020 4:58 PM

Nov 2008
There she is, our Bakarina. What is with all those accidents lol.

On another note, too much happened in the first episode. If I didn't know the story beforehand, I would be lost.

But whatever, I love the story so I will keep on watching :)
Apr 8, 2020 8:29 PM

Jul 2016
I don't really like isekai but it's so refreshing to see an isekai that isn't some copy paste MC guy battling an RPG style world for once.
Apr 8, 2020 11:15 PM

Jun 2013
Nemesis16 said:
Bibimbapski said:

I'm not an isekai fan so I wouldn't know and I don't actively look for it either but it's good to know there are many that exist. The older ones I know are like Fushigi Yuugi, The Twelve Kingdoms, Vision of Escalfowne and a few others that I can't recall now.

You seem to watch more anime than read manga/LN, so that's probably the reason why you hadn't as only on the last two years we got announcements of adaptations and on last year two of them debuted, with Bakarina debuting this year. There's three more announced already but who knows when we'll see them, maybe this year.

I've been reading more manga in the past two years but I haven't recorded most of them on MAL. However, isekai isn't really my favorite genre. However, there are a few I'm looking forward to like the one with the girl who was isekai'd into a spider.
臭い-
Apr 9, 2020 8:04 AM

Mar 2010
I don't remember much from the manga, but damn it feels so fast. I think this episode alone cover 3 chapters IIRC.

That aside, I honestly forget how stupid Katarina is xD. I thought she was going to kick the door, instead she hack the door using the axe holy shit.
Apr 9, 2020 12:15 PM

Dec 2008
That ep made me rotfl towards it's end. The only thing that I could think of after seeing certain scene:

That might be one of very few isekais that I enjoy. It'll be amusing to see her hard work roll down the hill towards impending doom and her trying to stitch everything together.
Apr 9, 2020 4:55 PM

Nov 2009
When I read the manga, this become one of my favorite series.

It's probably one of the most funniest Isekai series there is, since most Isekai series are all about battles and mass drama.

___ ___ ___

BTW, Subs have her name as "Catarina", but it should really be "Katarina" as that's what's used in the manga since the start.

Or better yet "Bakarina", hehehe
amlgApr 11, 2020 9:10 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 9, 2020 8:00 PM

Sep 2011
I'm liking this so far. The synopsis really caught me and thankfully it's new to my eyes.

If ever they will adapt this incompletely, I might try the manga.

Apr 10, 2020 3:31 AM
Case is closed!

Jan 2019
I love the manga version of this title, so the anime has a slightly different image. However, it's fun to watch Katarina in her childhood on anime <3 Good start!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2020 4:38 AM

Mar 2020
i just hope i wasn't a weeb in my past life
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 10, 2020 9:25 AM

Jan 2018
Indro said:
somehow, the story is similar to the manga entitled "who made me a princess".

There are A LOT of manga/manhwa/light novel with the similar concept
It's a trend now in Japanese and Korean shoujo
(people call them villainess stories)
This one was one of the first to get REALLY popular (but there were a lot similar ones before this too just underrated ^^)

btw I LOVE who made me a princess <33 it's my favorite manhwa/webtoon!!
(Even my pfp is Athy lmao)
Apr 10, 2020 10:51 AM

May 2015
AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Omg that was so wholesome and adorable!!!!! They're so cute!

Its so nice seeing her be kind to those around her and expecially kind to Keith. I know it was part of her plan but she was just genuinely being nice to him. It didnt seem forced or planned. It was so cute that end scene.

I cant wait to see more stuff like that. Also cant wait for the YURI!!!! Gimme da yuri! Half the harem is girls which is great! Main girl X heroine.

I hope they keep up that adorable sibling bond though. Im glad we're seeing her as a kid.

Bibimbapski said:
I'm not a fan of isekai but girl-lead isekais are kind of rare. Didn't know what to expect but this one is fun so far. I love the stereotypical female villain in Japanese manga and heroine that go "ohohohohohoho" and Katarina is just that. However, she's a Japanese otaku reborn as a villainess so I'm excited to see where this is going from here on out. I haven't read the light novel so I don't know anything other than the synopsis I read on livechart. I might read it though.

This will be another feelgood series for this season on my list next to Kakushigoto. Katarina is so cute as a kid, she does look like the stereotypical villain when she grows up perhaps because of her art style.

I'm also guessing Geordo's more of the bad guy in the series. Perhaps his brother is more of a good guy. Katarina kept saying he was sadistic and black-hearted and he was probably laughing and mocking her for farming but he had to keep his composure a a prince.

TL;DR This is one of the best first episodes of the season and I am definitely looking forward to more. I have a feeling this will be one of my top faves when the season is over.

Ive watched every isekai anime and I can confirm there isnt a lot of female led ones which is why Im really happy we've got this one. Its always fresh to have female leads for a different type of isekai other than power fantasy.
DarknessRealityApr 10, 2020 11:01 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 10, 2020 3:02 PM

Feb 2016
I got the feeling that instead of eveyone wanting her dead, everone will fall for her.

Not a bad plot though. The first episode was good 4/5
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Apr 11, 2020 12:23 AM

Apr 2018
I already gave up with isekais but this one seems interesting.
Apr 11, 2020 3:11 AM
Mar 2012
That was glorious, Catarina's batshit insane lol.
The princes are all cute, and the rare angela OP is awesome too.
Apr 11, 2020 3:59 AM

Nov 2012
I like this anime. I knew about the series, but I haven't started reading it. Similarly to BOFURI and I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level, I get to watch in 2020.

The series is interesting. A biharem isekai otome vilainess story. 1st episode shows Katarina's childhood from meeting Geordo Stuart to rescuing Keith from the pitfall of his woe.

Painted backgrounds are beautiful, animation is smooth, music is very refined. I recommend to continue watching.

Reincarnated Katarina tries so hard to avoid her destruction flags, that she befriends everyone. There are two mangas by Satoru Yamaguchi: in one she regains memories when 8 years old and in the other when 15. I hope to see more of her before 15 - how she manages her acquaintances and acquires new skills like swordfighting. She's really committed, I praise that.

6 hours 30 minutes to 2nd episode. May it be even better!
Apr 11, 2020 6:35 AM

Aug 2018
Personally, I quite enjoyed it, I really liked Katarina and I thought the interactions she had with a few of characters was quite cute!
I have a magical girl addiction!
Apr 11, 2020 8:03 AM

Apr 2019
Based on the opening my vote based on a yuri route.
Apr 11, 2020 9:48 AM

Mar 2019
I was just expecting comedy but I got way more than I expected. The wholesome scenes were pretty good too.
Apr 11, 2020 1:37 PM

Oct 2019
this was so fun omg i never expected it to be that funny at all i thought i was going to be a cliche isekai otome with super cringe characters i was so wrong
Apr 11, 2020 10:37 PM

Mar 2012
This is the first series I picked up this season and I get the feeling that it's going to be the most interesting and entertaining one. Loved the first episode.
Apr 12, 2020 2:10 AM
May 2015
This anime reinforces my preference of villain-based isekai in that genre. I enjoyed Overlord and How Not to Summon A Demon Lord, and now this one.

It's fun to see Catarina, having realized her role as a villain in a game, see through the normal tropes of the genre and to do her best to avoid the routes that lead to doom.

I feel that meetings with herself are a bit awkward, like she has a split-personality. But I think I can get over it.

All in all, a fun debut to a fun show.

Apr 12, 2020 10:35 PM

Jan 2013
What a great start!
So funny to see her have a 2nd chance for life but she has to do everything to not die, so after this last scene I will expect anything ahaha
Great start!

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 13, 2020 8:46 AM

Jan 2016
Im so glad this got an anime adaption oooo I've been waiting for so long

5/5 on first episooodeee
Apr 13, 2020 1:48 PM

May 2016
The first ten minutes and what?

What with that annoying ans bothersome voice?
Bakarina should have a silly but pleasant voice.

That filler scenes were too much, if you adapt a novel can't you follow the novel? I guess not.

And I know that is the official name but the hell thought the author with Geordo name, is weirdo (don't worry I know I am not funny), I thought Ascarot sounded cool not Ascart.

In another note JAPAN TRY TO PRONUNCE FOREIGN NAMES as they are supposed to be pronunced.
Apr 14, 2020 4:52 AM

Oct 2018
not gonna continue....
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Apr 15, 2020 11:12 PM
Feb 2013
I tried to lower my expectations so much because LN Anime adaptations don't really have the best reps. BUT MAN the production of this series is sooooo much better than what I initially expected! YES THEY GOT THE VOICES DOWN! I'm so excited that people will finally know the Legendary Blackhole that is BAKARINA!

Apr 16, 2020 12:30 AM

Jun 2017
I thought it is going to be just another shitty isekai like keija no mago back day, but it was actually pretty enjoyable! gonna stick to it for a few episodes and see what's gonna happen

also katarina claes is hella waifu material
heyaa
∧_∧
(。・ω・。)つ━☆・*。
⊂   ノ    ・゜+.
しーJ   °。+ *´¨)
  .· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·’* ⛧
Apr 16, 2020 1:04 AM

Sep 2018
I like the story!! I thought it's a cliche otome game/reverse harem but it's not :)
Apr 17, 2020 11:19 AM

Apr 2017
I thought the episode was very good. This is my first otome anime so I kinda have no idea about how it holds up to other otome shows and games. Definitely gonna watch more of this.
Apr 17, 2020 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Finally, something that is not boring and very fun to watch, this season is saved.
Apr 19, 2020 3:26 PM

Jan 2019
I was entirely sure Katarina with the axe would traumatize Keith, but it actually ended up rather endearing.

My expectations were pretty low just based off reading the premise, but one episode in and I'm impressed.
Apr 24, 2020 7:30 PM

Jan 2019
I ended up liking the first episode way more than I originally expected. I'm very interested in seeing where it goes!
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Apr 25, 2020 2:55 PM

Jun 2009
I was mad confused at the beginning when she fell the first time thinking that was a body switch. kinda funny how many times she got hurt in one ep. lookin forward to the rest

Apr 27, 2020 8:17 PM

Mar 2014
As someone who has an incessant need to unlock all endings in a game, I think I'm going to like this

That ending was super sweet too
Apr 29, 2020 9:16 AM

May 2018
lol Katarina is just too funny
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

163 by bt7244 »»
Apr 8, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

192 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

124 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2020

129 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 3:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.