Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2020 8:51 AM
Oct 2019
is it worth it to watch and how long do you think it would take me to watch if I watch about 20 episodes a day?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2020 9:00 AM

Jul 2019
Read it. In my opinion anime lost what made it special after the timeskip (around episode 500). Pacing become terrible in the later half. Manga on the other hand became even better than before. Give it a try if you want, but I would highly recommend you to take a look at the manga aswell.
Apr 4, 2020 9:03 AM

Oct 2019
20 episodes a day is a huge commitment and it would still take you a lot of time to complete it, but it does worth it.

If your looking for a faster way to experience the series then read the manga if you read 20 chapters a day (which isn't really much at all compared to 20 episodes a day) then you will finish the series in a month and a half or so.

Apr 4, 2020 9:10 AM
Feb 2017
I think it's a hundred percent worth watching, specially if your'e a shounen fan. Oda really knows how to make every character in One piece so interesting and special as well as the arcs and the devil fruit powers some characters posses. Since I don't spend much time on anime it took me 2 months to catch up with it but I'm just so happy it isn't ending yet and I really want more from it, that's why I'll start reading the manga soon too.
Apr 4, 2020 9:15 AM

Mar 2018
one piece has a great story and is so much better than most shounens, if u don't watch it just because of the episode count, ur gonna regret it.
Apr 4, 2020 9:19 AM
Jan 2018
reading the manga is definitely worth it.

Anime adaptation has its ups and downs.
Up until 580 Eps I saw the anime, the pacing is slow but bearable. I enjoyed it,but is way more enjoyable in the manga.
After that the pacing is trash [1 CHAPTER PER EPISODE], story scenes gets changed from manga , etc made me continue on the manga.

Full Coloured version of manga is also available, online, so if you usually dont read manga, it will make it more similar to anime.
SopseiiJul 21, 2020 8:37 AM
Apr 4, 2020 9:20 AM

Aug 2018
You should read a manga because watching One Piece after timeskip is really painful and time consuming, where there is one arc that has 120+ episodes
Apr 4, 2020 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
Well judging by my experience of catching up with one piece,i'm pretty sure 20 episodes a day will take you at least 1 month and a half.Good luck trying to catch up though,i must have either had insane amount of patience to sit through all those episodes or i was just that invested.Pretty sure it's the latter since I love one piece.
Apr 4, 2020 9:28 AM

Nov 2018
I'm currently going through One Piece, and I think it might be worth your time.

If you want to get through it quicker and skip all the filler, use onepace.net, especially on the bigger arcs like Dressrosa or WCI, as it's nearly a 1 to 1 with the manga.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time πŸ™πŸ™
Apr 4, 2020 9:33 AM

Mar 2020
It is worth watching. The first 30-40 episodes do drag, but it gets much better from there. Around 50 episodes is a good indicator of whether you will like it or not. I'd say you can make it in 10 days - max 15. However, you might want to read the manga as some users have said there are episodes that adapt a whole chapter and a lot of things tend to drag out. A lot of scenes are better in the anime tho.
Preachee said:
The animation is garbage n too much fillers. Read it.
One Piece has barely any fillers though and most of them are movie-ties.
Apr 4, 2020 9:34 AM

Dec 2018
The animation is garbage n too much fillers. Read it.
. . .
Apr 4, 2020 9:38 AM

Dec 2018
@Damerino hmm my mistake then. I haven't watched the anime but I remember that in one of the site that tracks fillers reports OP anime to have like 30% of fillers in total or sth out of 900 episodes. Maybe im wrong.
. . .
Apr 4, 2020 9:40 AM

Sep 2018
No. It's a nostalgic thing for most, but not worth to actually watch. It's very deliberate and unapologetic about completely wasting your time even if it adds a lot of personality. Read the manga and maybe look up some of the key scenes of the anime that they put 90% of the budget into.
Apr 4, 2020 9:40 AM

Mar 2020
Preachee said:
@Damerino hmm my mistake then. I haven't watched the anime but I remember that in one of the site that tracks fillers reports OP anime to have like 30% fillers or sth out of 900 episodes. Maybe im wrong.
One Piece has a low filler percentage of 11%. The lowest I can think of considering its high number of episodes.
Apr 4, 2020 9:43 AM

Dec 2018
Damerino said:
Preachee said:
@Damerino hmm my mistake then. I haven't watched the anime but I remember that in one of the site that tracks fillers reports OP anime to have like 30% fillers or sth out of 900 episodes. Maybe im wrong.
One Piece has a low filler percentage of 11%. The lowest I can think of considering its high number of episodes.

Yea then I definitely recall it wrong.
. . .
Apr 4, 2020 9:44 AM

Mar 2020
Preachee said:
Damerino said:

Yeah but I do agree with the animation part though. It's definitely not the best and I hope after the story is finished we get a brotherhood treatment.
Apr 4, 2020 9:46 AM

Nov 2016
Whether anime or manga, it's at the very least worth a try, especially if you're a battle shounen fan. Even neglecting that, it's a unique series with grand story, cast and world.

Not using One Pace and minus filler episodes you would still take about 40 days, even if you manage to watch 20 episodes a day. The propblem is the canon episodes itself are stretched with filler content. Pure filler or special episodes are roughly only about 80 or so. But don't set yourself a goal and watch on your own pace or alternatively go for the manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2020 9:46 AM
Oct 2012
Damerino said:
Preachee said:
Filler list only counts entirely skippable filler eps, most of OP's episodes consists of stretching 5 minutes of canon into a 20 minutes long episode.
Apr 4, 2020 9:47 AM

Sep 2018
Damerino said:
Preachee said:

The problem isn't filler episodes, those are easily skippable. The problem is that every single episode of One Piece is completely filled with filler content and it only got worse after the second half. These days they only adapt one manga chapter at most per episode which is atrocious. One chapter is not enough to fill an episode. They leave shots hanging for too long, draw every expression out as much as they can, show everybody's reaction to an event all the time for no reason, they add filler content outright in between the canon scenes, during the Reverie arc they added unnecessary recaps for the 11th time just to drag it out. It's worse than normal filler episodes or arcs, because you can't skip them.
Apr 4, 2020 9:49 AM

Dec 2018
Damerino said:
Preachee said:

Yeah but I do agree with the animation part though. It's definitely not the best and I hope after the story is finished we get a brotherhood treatment.

Well almost impossible considering its absurd length. I could only hope for that.
. . .
Apr 4, 2020 9:52 AM

Mar 2020
Takuto_Shindou said:
Damerino said:
Filler list only counts entirely skippable filler eps, most of OP's episodes consists of stretching 5 minutes of canon into a 20 minutes long episode.
Ramy_Stereo said:
Damerino said:

The problem isn't filler episodes, those are easily skippable. The problem is that every single episode of One Piece is completely filled with filler content and it only got worse after the second half. These days they only adapt one manga chapter at most per episode which is atrocious. One chapter is not enough to fill an episode. They leave shots hanging for too long, draw every expression out as much as they can, show everybody's reaction to an event all the time for no reason, they add filler content outright in between the canon scenes, during the Reverie arc they added unnecessary recaps for the 11th time just to drag it out. It's worse than normal filler episodes or arcs, because you can't skip them.
I knew this was coming from a mile away...

If i remember it correctly such adaptation started happening after the time-skip as before that they were keeping up with the manga without deviating too much from it however I do have to say tho most of the stuff added there might seem off lots of cases. To me, I don't consider anything in anime canon and this applies to anything... I don't really. Let's just hope as previously mentioned for a brotherhood treatment as this series has a serious need.
Apr 4, 2020 9:55 AM

Mar 2019
One piece is the best shonen, not named Hunter X Hunter or Shingeki no kyojin.
But watching it can be quite a chore.
Toei did so much injustice to the series. Manga is just amazing.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Apr 4, 2020 9:55 AM

May 2015
Long short story yes, it is worth it.
With 926 episodes released it'll take you 47 days to to catch up if you watch 20 episodes per day, put in mind that it's still airing with no foreseeable ending as far as I'm concerned and it'll probably continue airing for YEARS to come, 20 episodes per day everyday is a lot and might tire you, I suggest you to take it easy and to watch it at your own pace and enjoy it even if takes you months and months instead of trying to catch up in no time which I see no enjoyment in, the ride is FAR off from ending so no need to rush. Believe it or not I started watching it back in 2013 and I STILL didn't catch up yet because I personally don't care about that, it doesn't matter, I watch it to enjoy it when I feel I want to and not to be up to date with it, if you're worried about spoilers then you can easily avoid the fandom, I successfully did for 7 years. One way to watch it is to watch one saga each time, you see sagas are sort of like seasons, watching one saga every once in a while might do it too, it's how I've been doing it in a while and it works for me, there are 9 sagas in total, the first one have 61 episodes, the anime itself also consists of 20 seasons, you can watch by one season once in a while too. There's also the reading the manga option which is easier and faster to do.
TheBerserkerApr 4, 2020 10:03 AM
Apr 4, 2020 9:58 AM

Sep 2018
Damerino said:
Takuto_Shindou said:
Ramy_Stereo said:

If i remember it correctly such adaptation started happening after the time-skip as before that they were keeping up with the manga without deviating too much from it however I do have to say tho most of the stuff added there might seem off lots of cases. To me, I don't consider anything in anime canon and this applies to anything... I don't really. Let's just hope as previously mentioned for a brotherhood treatment.

That's not really the case. Yes it was much more bearable before the time skip, but they did still drag it out and they still added a lot of filler. After the time skip they simply started to adapt even less manga content per episode to the point where some episodes were only like 10% canon. The problem is that if they adapt more than one chapter per episode they'll eventually catch up with the manga and be unable to continue. That's why One Piece should just become seasonal like every other anime in the world. That way they wouldn't have the pressure to stay behind the manga. A brotherhood treatment would be nice, but One Piece is still a very long story even without filler so it'll be difficult.
Apr 4, 2020 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
If you're gonna commit to something like that, you might as well just read the manga instead.
Apr 4, 2020 10:02 AM

Mar 2020
Ramy_Stereo said:
Damerino said:

If i remember it correctly such adaptation started happening after the time-skip as before that they were keeping up with the manga without deviating too much from it however I do have to say tho most of the stuff added there might seem off lots of cases. To me, I don't consider anything in anime canon and this applies to anything... I don't really. Let's just hope as previously mentioned for a brotherhood treatment.

That's not really the case. Yes it was much more bearable before the time skip, but they did still drag it out and they still added a lot of filler. After the time skip they simply started to adapt even less manga content per episode to the point where some episodes were only like 10% canon. The problem is that if they adapt more than one chapter per episode they'll eventually catch up with the manga and be unable to continue. That's why One Piece should just become seasonal like every other anime in the world. That way they wouldn't have the pressure to stay behind the manga. A brotherhood treatment would be nice, but One Piece is still a very long story even without filler so it'll be difficult.
How many episodes do you think i'd take to adapt the 926 episodes that are out now? Without fillers and just stuff from the manga?

I think with 350-450 episodes they can make it work.
Apr 4, 2020 10:05 AM

Sep 2018
Damerino said:
Ramy_Stereo said:

How many episodes do you think i'd take to adapt the 926 episodes that are out now? Without fillers and just stuff from the manga? I think with 350-450 episodes they can make it work.

It's hard to say, but that estimate is probably reasonable. The question is wether it'll be profitable enough to put that amount of budget into a long running series that was already adapted. I mean you'd probably want the animation quality to increase too next to the removel of filler.
Apr 4, 2020 11:06 AM

Jan 2010
skiwi-c said:
is it worth it to watch and how long do you think it would take me to watch if I watch about 20 episodes a day?

1. Ask yourself this first:
- Do you like every elements that are usually present in battle shounen?
- Can you stand dumb character like Luffy?
- Do you like all the genres that are present in One Piece?
If yes, proceed to next.
2. Ask yourself this:
- Do you mind slow paced anime?
If yes, read the manga.
3. Don't target it. Watch/read at your own pace. Take many breaks in between. By breaks I mean, not one or two days break, but can be up to months or years.
4. Don't let it disrupt your anime watching routine. Just watch seasonals if you're into it, and watch other anime too.

One Piece is a very long journey. I don't think you'd be able to binge watch it without watching anything else in between.
Take your time and don't forget to enjoy the ride instead of just wanting to catch up as soon as possible.

Worth it or not, it's really depends on you.

As for me, I've always been a fan of battle shounen, and I already interested in Robin even before I watched One Piece officially.
I also love friendship theme and adventure a lot and One Piece offered the best of them out of everything I watched so far.
For me, it's the best anime watching experience I've ever felt.
CrimsonMidnightApr 4, 2020 11:10 AM
Apr 4, 2020 12:29 PM

Jul 2017
is watching xxx worth it is an illogical statement to me but anyway to answer:
yes if you invest enough time into it and you truly want to know what's going to happen next after every episode

it's a hit or miss for people and the art style can be very hard to get used to for some

Apr 4, 2020 7:06 PM

May 2019
Yes it is, once you watch like 800 episodes it gets good...

Besides, i made a math and it's about 300+ hours for you to catch up with the current episodes, is it really worth? like, i know whe are all in quarantine but god damn...
SupremeHentaiApr 4, 2020 11:31 PM

Apr 4, 2020 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
Yes

If you can stand the weird art style and the numerous amount of episodes.
Apr 4, 2020 7:25 PM

Dec 2019
Its worth it. I watched 15-20 eps a day and caught up in 2 months. No regrets
Apr 4, 2020 7:26 PM

Dec 2016
I think that the best way to get into it is reading the manga, that way you will get deep in the history fast and then know if you want or not to invest you time in the anime.

Besides that tip, I don't see the appeal
heh.
Apr 5, 2020 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
Idk never bothered to watch it. Too long.
Apr 5, 2020 3:43 AM
Dec 2013
I guess so. Barely any characters die in it, though (takes almost 500 episodes for the first death). The fights are also not exciting.
Apr 5, 2020 3:54 AM

Jul 2016
wildhood said:
I guess so. Barely any characters die in it, though (takes almost 500 episodes for the first death). The fights are also not exciting.

I think an anime like one piece that only kills off characters if it contributes to the plot has as much merit as an anime that kills off lots of characters.Actually it's probably worst if an anime chooses to randomly kill off its characters for no reason other than shock factor.
Apr 5, 2020 3:56 AM

Dec 2015
Yes, it's worth the watch. I started watching when there were about 700+ episodes. I took my time, watched as much as I felt like watching. I found that I didn't even kept track of how long it took for me to catch-up, because watching the series was so much fun. I was actually hoping that I didn't catch-up because then I'll have to wait every week. And let me just say, the stories are much more emotional and heartfelt when in anime form, at least for me.
Leaves from the vine~
Apr 5, 2020 4:11 AM

Mar 2012
nah i aint gonna sit trough 100+ episodes because it "gets good" eventually.
物事は良くγͺγ‚ŠγΎγ™γ‹ ? ο»Ώ
Apr 5, 2020 4:19 AM

Nov 2018
Dude,watch and read both if you want.Both have different paces. But both have their own some good points.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 5, 2020 4:24 AM

Mar 2013
No brainer, definitely.

I think you should watch the anime up to a certain big time skip, then from there onward read the manga as the anime's pacing gets horrible from there.

Also for edge lord who complain about "no death", death isnt the only way to bring tension and intensity to a story.
Apr 5, 2020 4:27 AM

Aug 2018
Missaliensan said:
wildhood said:

I think an anime like one piece that only kills off characters if it contributes to the plot has as much merit as an anime that kills off lots of characters.Actually it's probably worst if an anime chooses to randomly kill off its characters for no reason other than shock factor.
I absolutely agree with this.Death of a character shouldn't be treated as a joke.If ot does nothing to the plot and there's only for shock factor then it's bad.Just look at Akame ga Kill where everyone keeps on dying every other episode and the next moment they are forgotten.Death in One Piece holds more impact because the characters aren't resurrected from the grave.There's never any fake deaths which FairyTail is famous for.

OT-
Yes,one piece is worth the time.It's one of the best shounens out there.It has a grand story with vast amount of characters with varying roles.You would love it's characters,story and world-building.The problem with the anime is the pacing issue which starts after the time-skip.The episodes are dragged out.Even as a One Piece man I find the episode to be terrible sometimes.It would be better if you read the manga as it has the perfect pace and it wouldn't be hard as watching 20 eps/day.
Apr 5, 2020 4:37 AM
Jul 2012
Well you’re watching Bleach so why not watch One Piece. It’s definitely the best of the big 3, it never really drops the ball unlike the others because it’s actually well-written and has good foreshadowing. It has a pretty low amount of filler episodes, you can skip those according to anime filler list but honestly the worst part is that they make filler in different ways. The summary of the previous episode can be very long. Also, you will often see some filler scenes that don’t really move the plot forward. For example, you’ll have a major fight lasting way too long because they spent too much time on showcasing other characters fighting mooks and shit. You can still easily skip that while watching. That being said, while this is especially annoying from the timeskip onwards pretty much, the quality never really drops the ball like Naruto did after Chuunin exams(or after Pain, arguable) or how Bleach drops the ball after Soul Society (or even during that arc tbh). Also I think it’s annoying to be up to date in the anime because usually not much happens in one episode due to what I mentioned above, so you can either take it easy or just read it if you get up to date or tired of it
Apr 5, 2020 6:30 AM

May 2009
Thread moved from Anime Discussion.
Apr 5, 2020 6:44 AM

Sep 2014
Post-time skip One Piece is good. People say it drags because the arcs last longer. Truth is that One Piece always have been dragged and the later arcs are just really longer, even in the manga, but they are also a lot more interesting. The length is justified considering how much details and characters Oda puts in these arcs and it's about the first time I'm satisfied with Toei extending the content of the arcs. Oda is rushing its story right now and the manga is ultra fast paced. There is a lot of extented content Oda had to skip in the manga in order to complete its story in a reasonable delay. Toei slowing down the pacing is completely justified and wanted.

Also if the padding really, REALLY, bother someone then there is always the One Pace version which remove all the unnecessary padding.

Mewra said:

It's good from the very first arc imo. I think you're mistaking with Gintama.
KryzakamiHrybamiApr 5, 2020 6:53 AM
Apr 5, 2020 7:23 AM

Mar 2012
Hrybami said:
Post-time skip One Piece is good. People say it drags because the arcs last longer. Truth is that One Piece always have been dragged and the later arcs are just really longer, even in the manga, but they are also a lot more interesting. The length is justified considering how much details and characters Oda puts in these arcs and it's about the first time I'm satisfied with Toei extending the content of the arcs. Oda is rushing its story right now and the manga is ultra fast paced. There is a lot of extented content Oda had to skip in the manga in order to complete its story in a reasonable delay. Toei slowing down the pacing is completely justified and wanted.

Also if the padding really, REALLY, bother someone then there is always the One Pace version which remove all the unnecessary padding.

Mewra said:

I've seen the 14 first episodes of One Piece and I did not like it, I'm speaking from personal experience only.
物事は良くγͺγ‚ŠγΎγ™γ‹ ? ο»Ώ
Apr 5, 2020 7:29 AM
Nov 2010
You know, I once spent a summer break catching up on One Piece.
About 300 ep.
It was worth it then.

It's just another author vacation Narutpudding now.
It's not that the story ius bad...just 45 seconds of back and forth different eyeballs every single scene is an insult.

My advice is watch in bulk and/or hit One Pace.
Apr 5, 2020 7:45 AM

Jul 2016
Vazka said:
Tarextherex said:
Well you’re watching Bleach so why not watch One Piece. It’s definitely the best of the big 3, it never really drops the ball unlike the others because it’s actually well-written and has good foreshadowing. It has a pretty low amount of filler episodes, you can skip those according to anime filler list but honestly the worst part is that they make filler in different ways. The summary of the previous episode can be very long. Also, you will often see some filler scenes that don’t really move the plot forward. For example, you’ll have a major fight lasting way too long because they spent too much time on showcasing other characters fighting mooks and shit. You can still easily skip that while watching. That being said, while this is especially annoying from the timeskip onwards pretty much, the quality never really drops the ball like Naruto did after Chuunin exams(or after Pain, arguable) or how Bleach drops the ball after Soul Society (or even during that arc tbh). Also I think it’s annoying to be up to date in the anime because usually not much happens in one episode due to what I mentioned above, so you can either take it easy or just read it if you get up to date or tired of it

Post time skip one piss dropped the ball harder than Bleach and Naruto ever did. Not one good arc.

I find it hard to believe that not even a single arc post time skip is good but whatever that's just your opinion.I'm pretty sure the public disagrees though because one piece still sells even post time skip.
Apr 5, 2020 7:54 AM

Mar 2013
short answer - no. long answer: lets go to the next island, find out that there is something wrong, aid the 'resistance', beat the Bad GUY, make a feast, repeat. Sounds fun?
Apr 5, 2020 8:37 AM

Sep 2014
Mewra said:
Hrybami said:

I've seen the 14 first episodes of One Piece and I did not like it, I'm speaking from personal experience only.

Fair enough.

There is no point in watching something you don't like.
Apr 5, 2020 11:35 AM

Jan 2014
ignore the people that say read the manga, they don't know what they are talking about

watch the anime my bro
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 399 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faded_Star - Feb 14, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.