Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Arte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 6, 2020 10:03 PM
Dec 2019
PaninaManina said:
justasadguy said:

I'll have to answer you mate :)
Arte is a revisitation in an anime key of Artemisia Gentileschi: she was the daughter of Caravaggio(one of the most important Italian painters)'s best friend, Orazio Gentileschi.
Even if Artemisia and Leonardo Da Vinci never met, they probably used Da Vinci since he is probably the most famous artist ever.
Greetings from Italy :3

Just for the record... Arte IS NOT INSPIRED ON ARTEMISIA.
Next time you see anyone saying she is you know it's a lie.

Really? Why then, does her character design look so much like Artemisia self-portrait including the necklace?
Apr 7, 2020 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
Wasn't into the SJW vibes at the start but they toned it down along the way and i found it enjoyable enough, Arte could be annoying but so far i find her enthusiasm charming enough. I see romance as one of the genre, considering she's 14 should light a few fires along the way.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 7, 2020 3:25 AM

Jul 2014
Aw she cut her hair but the almost cutting her chest was hilarious
I love her determination
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Apr 7, 2020 6:47 AM

Nov 2019
Essshke_quirt said:
Probably in his thirties but it's not weird given the historical context. Like her mom said, she was expected to marry at 15. Was normal back in the days.

Yeah.. I wonder how the show's going to portray their relationship.. Are they going to idealise it, or are they going to show some of the problematic aspects these relationships can have..
Apr 7, 2020 7:25 AM

Dec 2017
I loved this episode, but I missed it being darker, more difficult for the protagonist.
Apr 7, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2020
this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:
Probably in his thirties but it's not weird given the historical context. Like her mom said, she was expected to marry at 15. Was normal back in the days.

Yeah.. I wonder how the show's going to portray their relationship.. Are they going to idealise it, or are they going to show some of the problematic aspects these relationships can have..

I think it's more likely he'll become her new father figure, but even if turns out romantic there's no problem if it's healthy. Like the age difference wasn't problematic in that time. At 15 you were an adult and expected to act and think like one, male or female. Let's also not forget that their relationship has feminist undertones either way, since he gave her a chance in a society that doesn't let women pursue their passion in creative fields.

I'm not really sure what you think the problematic aspects are in regards to age difference. I think time will pass quickly in this story so she'll likely be 15 or older by the time it turns romantic (if at all).

Actually this is tagges romance, didn't realise.
--------------------------------
Apr 7, 2020 9:27 AM

Dec 2009
Oh my~ she's so annoying!!

So the mother lets her 15-year-old daughter roam around in the city alone begging men to look at her drawings, lets her spend the night out, doesn't scold her when she cuts her hair even though that should be an asset to get married, and with a little argument aside she lets her move in with a man, even allows her luggage to be transferred to his place. pfff wtf.
Apr 7, 2020 12:01 PM

May 2009
HectorBlaze said:
I necessarily have to watch a series set in Italy. The theme does not interested me too much but the series does not seems bad. Is Leo “inspired” to Leonardo Da Vinci? It’s possible.
Bibimbapski said:
If Leo supposed to be Leonardo Da Vinci in a way.... then he gay. But something tells me he's gonna be the love interest.
KumiSasoriza said:
If it is in fact 'Leo' as in "da Vinci" ~ the facts check out as he became an independent master in Florence around the age of 26. This story definitely is looking to give us something educational and historically accurate.

Dark_Kain said:
Leo is probably going to be Leonardo da Vinci, though if Leo is indeed Leonardo, then his flashback is definitly not historically accurate since he had zero problems in joining Verrochio's workshop due to his father's raccomandation.
thomaslin98 said:
Any possibilities that we'll see DaVinci-san in the anime?

Nope. Da Vinci is mentioned later in the manga as deceased already.
Apr 7, 2020 1:08 PM

Nov 2019
Essshke_quirt said:
I think it's more likely he'll become her new father figure, but even if turns out romantic there's no problem if it's healthy.

I would actually like to know what you think a healthy relationship looks like in this context. Could you expand on that?

Essshke_quirt said:
Like the age difference wasn't problematic in that time.

Wasn't problematic or wasn't seen as problematic?

Essshke_quirt said:
At 15 you were an adult and expected to act and think like one, male or female.

So you were expected (pressured?) to act and think a certain way regardless of what you wanted for yourself..

Sounds.. problematic.

And there wasn't a single difference in how the genders were treated? Are you sure?

Essshke_quirt said:
Let's also not forget that their relationship has feminist undertones either way, since he gave her a chance in a society that doesn't let women pursue their passion in creative fields.

So Arte got that apprentice position because of the good graces of Leo as opposed to her own talent and hard work? That.. doesn't sound like a positive feminist message.. It sounds like.. male savioring.

There's actually a trope on this..

Essshke_quirt said:
I'm not really sure what you think the problematic aspects are in regards to age difference.

Age difference.. Not necessarily. Age difference where one of the partners is underage.. Yeah, that could be a problem. Is the underage partner developmentally or emotionally ready to consent to sex. Is the older partner a predator? These are some of the aspects you need to consider.

The question is, why do you think a relationship between an adult and an adolescent can't be problematic? Other type of relationships can be too, by the way.

Essshke_quirt said:
I think time will pass quickly in this story so she'll likely be 15 or older by the time it turns romantic (if at all).

Doesn't necessarily make it less problematic.
Apr 7, 2020 1:51 PM

Apr 2020
this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:
I think it's more likely he'll become her new father figure, but even if turns out romantic there's no problem if it's healthy.

I would actually like to know what you think a healthy relationship looks like in this context. Could you expand on that?

Idk, not being pressured into marriage seems like a good step since that was going to happen to her and happened to most young girls during that time. If she simply falls in love with him and he with her, I'm not sure under which context that would be ''problematic'', unless you insist the age difference is the problem, which I would disagree with.

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:
Like the age difference wasn't problematic in that time.

Wasn't problematic or wasn't seen as problematic?

Not seen I guess? I mean that was the way back then. It's contextual. There's no point in imposing our morality on theirs so agressively. There's enough subtext to pick up on that's clearly feminist.

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:
At 15 you were an adult and expected to act and think like one, male or female.

So you were expected (pressured?) to act and think a certain way regardless of what you wanted for yourself..

Sounds.. problematic.

Never said it wasn't? I'm just saying at that age you were expected to work/marry.

this_shit_again said:
And there wasn't a single difference in how the genders were treated? Are you sure?

Where do I imply this? Wtf?

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:
Let's also not forget that their relationship has feminist undertones either way, since he gave her a chance in a society that doesn't let women pursue their passion in creative fields.

So Arte got that apprentice position because of the good graces of Leo as opposed to her own talent and hard work? That.. doesn't sound like a positive feminist message.. It sounds like.. male savioring.

It's both? Did you even watch the episode? How would she even get that apprentice position without any help from Leo, if literally every single other male dismissed her? And in the end she did it completely on her own because he expected her to fail... but it's the fact Leo has a workshop and accepts her what makes her able to pursue her dream, so really I don't get what you're trying to say.

Your extreme bias is showing...

This isn't what happened. Also you need to understand that the author is clearly condemning the opression of women.

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:
I'm not really sure what you think the problematic aspects are in regards to age difference.

Age difference.. Not necessarily. Age difference where one of the partners is underage.. Yeah, that could be a problem. Is the underage partner developmentally or emotionally ready to consent to sex. Is the older partner a predator? These are some of the aspects you need to consider.

She wouldn't be seen as underage during that time has been my point from the start. She doesn't even see herself as underage or Leo as too old. Leo doesn't see her as underage either. They are not concerned with that.

Of course, the author can through subtext focus on that, and might will in the future, but doesn't need to, and that wouldn't mean the message is that it's ideal or something.

this_shit_again said:
The question is, why do you think a relationship between an adult and an adolescent can't be problematic? Other type of relationships can be too, by the way.

I never said it couldn't be, I'm saying the potential relationship between Arte and Leo doesn't need to have any problematic aspects.

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:
I think time will pass quickly in this story so she'll likely be 15 or older by the time it turns romantic (if at all).

Doesn't necessarily make it less problematic.

Well, if you wanna impose your moralistic outlook to that of people from 4 centuries ago, go on, I just hope you understand that it doesn't make any sense.

I really don't undestand what you think the problematic aspects are if they were to get in a relationship. Read some Otoyomegatari bruh.
Essshke_quirtApr 7, 2020 1:57 PM
Apr 8, 2020 12:13 AM

Jun 2012
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the artistic learning process, and seeing how Arte and Leo progress as characters.

I felt like the writing had some flaws. The dialog was a bit blunt and a bit over-the-top to the point where it stretched my suspension of disbelief, and the way they handled the sexism was a little blunt also, I was hoping it would be more nuanced.

But as a whole, the show was enjoyable, the art style and animation were competently handled, and I do look forward to see where it's going.
Mai_of_the_FireApr 8, 2020 12:25 AM
Apr 8, 2020 5:28 AM

Mar 2018
Apr 8, 2020 12:16 PM
Apr 2019
There were no many gentlemen among those rude artists. It seems that they keep the delicacy for their work.

I had some doubts about this series, but this ep turned out to be quite enjoyable. Interested to see how it develops.
Apr 8, 2020 5:23 PM

Nov 2019
Essshke_quirt said:
Idk, not being pressured into marriage seems like a good step since that was going to happen to her and happened to most young girls during that time. If she simply falls in love with him and he with her, I'm not sure under which context that would be ''problematic'' unless you insist the age difference is the problem, which I would disagree with.

But that's not how you describe a healthy relationship. You describe the characteristics, the signs of such a relationship. You don't do it in terms of "Well, she's not being pressured to marry anymore so that's a good step" or "Well, if they love each other, I can't see how that would be problematic".

So I'll ask again. What does a healthy relationship between a 14 year old girl and a 30 year old man look like to you? Specifically.

Essshke_quirt said:

Not seen I guess?

Okay, but that's an important distinction.

Essshke_quirt said:

I mean that was the way back then. It's contextual. There's no point in imposing our morality on theirs so agressively.

What does this mean exactly? What morality is being imposed on theirs exactly? What morality am I imposing on theirs? And what morality are you imposing on theirs? Can you explain?

Essshke_quirt said:
There's enough subtext to pick up on that's clearly feminist.

Could you expand on this?

Essshke_quirt said:

this_shit_again said:

You talked about the expectation to act and think like an adult. But didn't really specify what that meant. You said that it was that way for both male and female, but didn't specify how they were treated differently. You tend to make broad statements that can easily be misinterpreted, because you don't specify important details.

Essshke_quirt said:
It's both? Did you even watch the episode? How would she even get that apprentice position without any help from Leo, if literally every single other male dismissed her? And in the end she did it completely on her own because he expected her to fail... but it's the fact Leo has a workshop and accepts her what makes her able to pursue her dream, so really I don't get what you're trying to say.

She could do drag, pretend to be a boy or she could pay someone to teach her. But why does that even matter. We were talking about why you thought their relationship had a 'feminist undertone'. I feel like you still haven't explained that.

Essshke_quirt said:

Extreme bias on what specifically? Point it out.

Yeah, that trope is in reference to what you said about him giving her the chance to pursue her passion in the creative fields.

Essshke_quirt said:
Also you need to understand that the author is clearly condemning the opression of women.

Okay.

Essshke_quirt said:
this_shit_again said:

She wouldn't be seen as underage during that time has been my point from the start.

But where are you getting that from? And why does that matter in regards to the problematic aspects i've described?

Essshke_quirt said:

She doesn't even see herself as underage

Could you point me to a scene in episode 1 showing that? How does she see herself exactly? As an adult?

And how does that relate to the problematic aspects I've described?

Essshke_quirt said:

or Leo as too old.

Too old for what? A relationship? Sex? Could you point me to a scene in episode 1 showing that?

And how does it relate to the problematic aspects I've described?

Essshke_quirt said:

Leo doesn't see her as underage either.

He doesn't see her as an adolescent? Could you point me to a scene in episode 1 showing that?

Essshke_quirt said:
this_shit_again said:

I never said it couldn't be, I'm saying the potential relationship between Arte and Leo doesn't need to have any problematic aspects.

It doesn't need to because..? I guess that's up to the author.

Essshke_quirt said:
Well, if you wanna impose your moralistic outlook to that of people from 4 centuries ago, go on, I just hope you understand that it doesn't make any sense.

What moralistic outlook am I imposing to that of people from 4 centuries ago, exactly?

Essshke_quirt said:
I really don't undestand what you think the problematic aspects are if they were to get in a relationship. Read some Otoyomegatari bruh.

The developmental and emotional maturity of the adolescent partner and to what extent they can actually consent to, for example, sex. How much of that decision is theirs and how much of that is from pressure by the adult partner? This is one of the possible problematic aspect these type of relationships can have. Didn't I already say this before..

Apr 8, 2020 5:53 PM

Apr 2020
this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:
Idk, not being pressured into marriage seems like a good step since that was going to happen to her and happened to most young girls during that time. If she simply falls in love with him and he with her, I'm not sure under which context that would be ''problematic'' unless you insist the age difference is the problem, which I would disagree with.

But that's not how you describe a healthy relationship. You describe the characteristics, the signs of such a relationship. You don't do it in terms of "Well, she's not being pressured to marry anymore so that's a good step" or "Well, if they love each other, I can't see how that would be problematic".

So I'll ask again. What does a healthy relationship between a 14 year old girl and a 30 year old man look like to you? Specifically.

If she simply falls in love with him and he with her

Would it be fine with you if she was 18 or if he was 18? You're probably from the US, but in Europe it's generally okay between 14 and 16 depending on where you live. And that's completely fine with me if there are no signs of manipulation by the older one in the relationship.

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:
There's enough subtext to pick up on that's clearly feminist.

Could you expand on this?

Why do you think the author wrote a female MC who is opressed and wants to break free from that opression? Lol? And why does the author portray the society she lives in as being wrong?

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:

You talked about the expectation to act and think like an adult. But didn't really specify what that meant. You said that it was that way for both male and female, but didn't specify how they were treated differently. You tend to make broad statements that can easily be misinterpreted, because you don't specify important details.

Saying they were adults at 15 is not a broad statement.

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:

She could do drag, pretend to be a boy or she could pay someone to teach her. But why does that even matter. We were talking about why you thought their relationship had a 'feminist undertone'. I feel like you still haven't explained that.

Because faking it is better than pursuing your dream with freedom, sorry what? The fact Leo saw himself in her... he sees her as an equal and not a rich girl who doesn't even know what she's doing.

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:

Extreme bias on what specifically? Point it out.
US moral authoritarian vibes not gonna lie. Also little bit of SJW vibes.

this_shit_again said:

Yeah, that trope is in reference to what you said about him giving her the chance to pursue her passion in the creative fields.

Context is important. The society she lives in doesn't allow a completely ''self-made woman''.

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:

She wouldn't be seen as underage during that time has been my point from the start.

But where are you getting that from? And why does that matter in regards to the problematic aspects i've described?

Due to the fact she's of marriageble age.

this_shit_again said:
Essshke_quirt said:

She doesn't even see herself as underage

Could you point me to a scene in episode 1 showing that? How does she see herself exactly? As an adult?

Dunno, leaving home to go work maybe.

Essshke_quirt said:

Leo doesn't see her as underage either.

He doesn't see her as an adolescent? Could you point me to a scene in episode 1 showing that?[/quote]
Not underage in terms of not being able to consent which is what you're constantly referencing. He asked her to sleep with him.

Essshke_quirt said:

The developmental and emotional maturity of the adolescent partner and to what extent they can actually consent to, for example, sex. How much of that decision is theirs and how much of that is from pressure by the adult partner? This is one of the possible problematic aspect these type of relationships can have. Didn't I already say this before..[/quote]

Some are ready at 14,16 or 18 and some aren't... it's contextual. You were implying they're either going to focus on the problematic aspects or idealize it, as if it can't just be healthy and normal.
Essshke_quirtApr 8, 2020 5:59 PM
Apr 9, 2020 9:54 AM

Dec 2016
I enjoyed it, hopefully it gets better each episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 9, 2020 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
Ashhk said:
I think it's going to be good but I wish she didn't cut her hair :(

I was going to post this exact sentence.

Edit:
Rytakahashi09 said:
I'm not buying the fact that this girl is 15

Also this
Apr 9, 2020 5:47 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Omg! So I did happen to read a chapter or two of the manga "long ago" and REALLY liked it, so I was excited to hear about the anime! This was a great first episode! I'm excited to see how it goes!!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 9, 2020 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
this was good funny thinking about the premise now like oh right this actually used to be a thing back then , still even a mild bit of pro woman is enough to trigger a certain group of white males since it isn't the norm ,regardless that doesn't seem like it will be the only focus in this will continue.

on the other side i'm still losing my mind on her age i spat out my drink when her mother said just almost 15 like shit i thought she was in her mid 20s from the cover art anime be anime shes almost as big as Leo that's easily in his 30s (also super bummed she cut the hair).

was also cool her dad was down with her doing art despite the times lol
Apr 10, 2020 12:24 AM

Mar 2014
Judging the book by the cover i was kinda expecting a more artistic anime, mostly centered in visuals and maybe a more creative and fluid structure but what we received instead was a solid and well written premise with an interesting setting, beautiful backgrounds and architecture and relatable characters that, at least with the MC, we can clearly see their motivations and we can also kinda guess the direction that the story might go from here. In some ways this pilot reminded me of the first episode of Hajime No Ippo but on a completely different setting.

Looking forward to the next episodes, so far this is the anime that has managed to grasp my attention the most this season, solid start.
Apr 11, 2020 8:31 AM

Feb 2020
I finally get to watch this show ! I waited so long for this.
But to be fair, I'm quite disappointed. I thought that the reason this manga got an adaptation was because of the beautiful italian setting, but they barely used it. They could've done so much, just with the music, but they really did the bare minimum.
I wish they kept the manga's art style, it has so much more charm. The anime looks incredibly bland in comparison and I just don't get why they even decided to animate it if it's not for the setting.
The characters also look much better in the manga, especially Leo, it hurts to see what they've done to him, he looks like a robot, that's so weird. I even recall the manga pointing out that he's good-looking... Definitely not something that's noticeable in the anime.
I'm also not fond of his voice, I expected a deep voice, but not to such a degree. There's barely any emotion in it.
However, I really like Arte's voice ! I was very afraid of how they would make her sound like, but she's just as endearing as in the manga, the voice actress did a great job at portraying the character.
But overall, I'm really not sure I'll keep watching, I'll wait a few episodes to see how the other characters are portrayed but then I'll most likely just stick to the manga.
This anime seems more to be a little bonus for the fans of the manga than anything, but it really doesn't do it justice.
It saddens me because I can't see how newcomers can see this show as anything more than average, which will probably prevent them from reading the manga when really, the manga is so much better.
If there's anyone who reads me, I really advice you to read the manga if you're interested in the characters and the setting, it's a great manga.
(At least it makes me happy to see that almost everyone seems to already like Arte's character ! I love her so much.)
FafetteApr 11, 2020 8:36 AM
Apr 11, 2020 11:16 AM

Sep 2018
The protagonist is a lot of fun and she doesn't cry on herself, two good reasons to continue the vision of this anime series, also during the narration there was the opportunity to learn something, and I have good reason to believe that the " lessons ", here is another reason to follow this anime.
Apr 11, 2020 12:51 PM

Apr 2011
Disappointed. I was hoping for more. A damn shame too. Seems like it could've been really good.
Apr 12, 2020 2:23 AM

May 2016
That guy must be an S for doing that to a young girl, jokes aside it really lived up to my expectations.
Apr 12, 2020 5:28 AM
Feb 2014
The first episode was great!!! Right from the start, i really liked it, i can definitely tell this is my kind of anime, can't wait to watch the next episode! Also really liked the MC(Arte) as well! :D
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Apr 12, 2020 8:04 AM

Jul 2014
Zee530 said:
Wasn't into the SJW vibes at the start

That was just the manga/anime exaggerating things a bit to make you feel for the protagonist. To be fair, it happens in only 99% of anime so I understand your confusion.
Apr 12, 2020 8:36 PM

Feb 2018
Good first episode, for a studio I haven't seen much of anything from, this had pretty solid art and animation. I was expecting more Emma: A Victorian Romance than Rising of the Shield Hero with those character interactions, but still good nonetheless lol. Interesting setting and I'm looking forward to seeing more of those painting aspects since it was pretty cool to see. I sort of wish the OP was more like the background music (older style), but it's fine. Kinda curious if the romance tag means an age gap romance or not, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Looking forward to more!

Also I agree with the above comments that Arte is a def candidate for waifu of the season (or at least in the top 3, with Katarina Claes first and Haru Nonaka third).
TheFlyingOrangeApr 12, 2020 8:46 PM
Apr 14, 2020 9:01 PM
Jul 2017
This turned out to be a pleasant surprise! The show almost flew under my radar but I’m glad I gave it a chance. Really love slice of life shows and it has an interesting setting too. I think I’ll definitely stick with this show.
Apr 17, 2020 1:50 AM

Mar 2013
I loved the first Episode. Nice Animation and pretty decent ost as well. Really curious to see how it will go and what kind of relationship will develop between arte and leo.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Apr 19, 2020 6:27 PM

Sep 2014
I wanna slap that rude bitch for burning Arte's drawings. And those bastards didn't have to throw the girl out on the ground like that wtf 😡

Anyways I like everything else, looking forward to more episodes

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
May 14, 2020 12:39 PM

May 2015
Oh my god that was ADORABLE AF!!!!!!!! She's so cute! I was so expecting her to be similar to Shirayuki from Snow White with the Red Hair but shes a bit more tomboy and playful. I love her!

I find it really funny how in stories like this they show everyone as assholes at the beginning. Just remembering Smile down the runway last season where everyone was assholes lol.

I really hope romance is a decent portion of this anime between Leo and the main girl but he wasnt in the openning that much so it'll probably focus more on her journey than the romance. They're cute together though and I'd love to see romance with these cute characters like Snow White with the Red Hair did which is really similar to this.

Her enthusiasm is really cute. That part at the end where she was like "if Im gonna regret it" in she shed was hilarious! XDDDDD

I cant wait to watch all this its cute AF!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 16, 2020 7:59 PM

May 2015
This is the kind of women empowerment I support
Jun 10, 2020 10:02 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
If someone burnt my drawings like that, I'd fucking ruin their life. I hope the mother gets a comeuppance for that. She even burnt the drawing of Arte's deceased father - you don't think she might want to keep that? What a bitch.

Anyway, aside from that the main thing I got from this episode is that Leo is a total DILF and I am seriously into it. You don't get men like that in anime very often being the romantic lead (I'm just assuming that's where this is going). It's mostly teenage boys so I'm pleased we get an older guy for once.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jun 15, 2020 7:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The classical nuance really felt when seeing these kind of show from the first impression. Its unique, for sure. Its combine with the more unique theme itself: an artist, the art, and the girl named Arte. A coincidence? Sure. Its the premises! Thats the main storyline from this show.

I don't quite understand the whole history behind it, when that time, woman really charged into some kind of harrashment. The comparison between a man and woman that make some gap in some profession, really hard to believed. Yet, its happen to our heroine. She just want to reach its dream, since the lost of her father, and her mother really shit. Its a hard decision, albeit she still determined to do that. She got so many rejection. The people on that era looks so shit. Yet, the culture really bring that kind of gap pretty hard, that make our heroine goes crazy mind. However, the fate tells its way. She suddenly met a man that mastering the knowledge of the art. The artman, or an artist? Idk shit about the name master in english. So yeah, i just called that man named Leo, as an artman. Pretty cool, eh?

Since i really not quite sure why the destiny meeting must added the man with the girl which was her age only served on her fifteen. I suddenly realise its not the usual story. Albeit, i look the genres here, and remembering her mother wise word: the marriage. Boom! Yeah, some fishy plot appear as an alternative link: the romance. But, yeah, i may beside that shit for a while, for the sake of looking more development to our heroine. As for now, the Introduction felt nice to me, not that great, but slightly in the good level.

So far its served better. The characterization really nice in the start. Arte's energetic personality and her positivity really bring such a good mood while watching her action. In the meaning time, i kinda not interested much with that Leo-san. Hmm, his personality really disturbing. It really need more time to finally accept his arrogant behaviour. However why do the bother, while Arte herself really attached to that man? So, lets see how their daily life bring me satisfaction.

The animation and art really served the classical nuance, its perfect. The level of drawing really served in the good level. Thats okay for me. Even the songs op ed looks nice to listen. I guess no other complain to be picked up. So the real question might pop up next:

Was the series itself served as a decent story as a drama romance mainstream show with a pretty generic plot, or else, and get more interesting?
badabassJun 15, 2020 7:35 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 14, 2020 1:17 PM

Nov 2017
Having read the manga, it's an excellent episode as I had imagined and everything is there!
Jul 18, 2020 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
Arte is quite the weird yet funny and interesting girl, looking forward to the rest of this series.
So Leo as in Leonardo Da Vinci ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jul 20, 2020 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
Naive but beautiful.

While I realize she would be given such opportunity during that age, not while she was the only child of noble family, the energy and resolve that shines from this anime was more than enough to sooth my soul.
Not really iyashikei title but the atmosphere was good, the main girl is likeable and I can't wait to see her further interactions with lonesome artisan who have long-lost his own meaning of life.
Jul 27, 2022 11:56 PM

Jun 2021
Now this is how you write a strong female character! Very good 1st episode.
Sep 29, 2022 12:37 AM

Oct 2017
Good introduction
Mar 25, 2023 8:12 AM
Aug 2021
The first episode is quite interesting.
Young woman Arte from noble family loves to draw, her father supported her with that cause he liked seeing Arte happy and enthusiastic drawing. But after father's death, mother burns all Arte's drawings and tries to force to marry. Not accepting such fate, Arte runs away from home to become an apprentice for any painter. After many tries and getting crass denies, painter Leo gives her a chance. After completing impossible task for a night, Arte proves her boundless desire to become a painter.
May 24, 2023 10:38 PM

Dec 2022
I actually don’t like that she finished the impossible task right away. If even an experienced artesian won’t be able to do it. And her being or noble blood, aka she never worked a day in her life. She’s weak.
When you’re weak, no amount of willpower will allow you to do the impossible.

She should have finished 10 instead of given 20 and passed out. That would have been more believable.
Nov 1, 2023 3:06 PM

Dec 2012
You can't go wrong with Renaissance Italy. Awe inspiring art, cultural innovation & Ezio jumping across rooftops at night (well...). I can't help but think of Aria the Animation, as this is capturing the beauty of Florence already and seems mostly laid back. Arte is very free spirited & seems like she'll turn out to be a solid lead. The only iffy thing was how cartoonish it was about the whole "You can't draw, you're a girl!" I won't get too caught up on it since this doesn't seem to be nuanced historical fiction, but there were definitely legitimate reasons for not hiring her - particularly having a noble girl live-in with multiple men would be a disaster in waiting.
Dec 10, 2023 8:18 AM
Oct 2015
love her determination to have a passionate and independent life , so inspiring for us to pursue all of our dreams and passions
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

127 by BiggKab »»
Jan 14, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

80 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 12, 2023 3:47 PM

Poll: » Arte Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

49 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

66 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Arte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2020

82 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 1, 2023 4:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.