Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 6, 2020 4:52 AM

Nov 2016
You better be a fast reader is all I'm saying haha

First episode was good, almost too many words too fast though, I struggled reading and appreciating the animation

Music sounded good

I'm Excited, I'll keep watching
Apr 6, 2020 11:38 AM

Nov 2018
erinerinyes said:
ps. the shadow on the eyes bothers me a lot.

i'm not the only one!!

but this show seems fun, didn't expect much from it but totally loved first episode and will keep on watching
Apr 6, 2020 7:00 PM
Jan 2020
The ranting of Minare Koda is strangely enjoyable. I can't get enough.
Apr 6, 2020 8:23 PM

Jul 2016
Man, every time I see a hand-drawn bear being animated, my Golden Kamuy PTSD clicks in such a way... that Season 3 couldn't come sooner, by the way.

Well, quite an interesting premise we have here. Personally, I find it rather captivating so I look forward to seeing where it goes. Minare's character is also charming in her own way and her VA fits so well I could listen to her rambling all day. Figuratively speaking, of course.
Apr 7, 2020 9:15 AM

Aug 2014
i don't really get the story or what this anime is up to.
but I like the beautiful girl and her performance.
so I'll stick around because of that
Apr 7, 2020 9:55 AM

Oct 2017
I don't get why they didn't just start the anime with the second half of the episode, which is how the manga starts... would have made more sense than opening with the bear scene in my opinion. The choice they made may well be why the series starts off with this pretty low score,... I hope to see it improve over time because the story in itself is good and the adaptation so far (artstyle, animation and VA) is spot on.....
Apr 7, 2020 10:51 AM

Aug 2009
Instant hook, gave off the same synergy as Oshi ga Budoukan from last season for me. Though, the only thing that irked me was the shadow on the MC's eyes is really distracting at times.
Apr 7, 2020 1:25 PM

Feb 2008
Sounds fun, I am in.

Apr 7, 2020 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
The protagonist has so much energy that I did not have a chance to take a break, I felt like I was going with her at full speed. However, I enjoyed the chapter and it left me wanting. I'll wait for the next.
Apr 7, 2020 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
"she sure likes to talk" is one way to sum up this strange first episode oddly enough i couldn't help myself to continue watching was like this girl has no chill man time out time out! geez lol

will see where this goes ,also Music is fire so good
Apr 8, 2020 2:46 AM

Nov 2011
Weird, always up for an edutainment anime, MC is a bit hot and cold for me, might give it 1 more ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 10, 2020 12:03 AM
Jan 2012
Looking forward to this, had my eye on the manga before this came out.

What's hooked me in this wasn't the aesthetics, which are pretty good, or the music, which is also pretty good, but the main character's voice. The voice actress is doing a damn good job, and isn't even that experienced in anime judging from her MAL page. I'm a sucker for good performances, and hers impressed me, I really enjoy when female characters don't sound like squeak toys
Apr 10, 2020 2:32 PM
Apr 2020
If you are looking for an average show, with tropey characters, with moe characters or mc inserts who have the personality and backstory of a cardboard stand-up... this ain't for you. If you are looking for something to watch in the background, while you shitpost on the internet... this ain't for you. If you want a stereotypical (quiet,shy, subservient) female character... this definitely isn't for you.

If you want top notch voice acting, writing, animation, production, based on a fantastic manga from a master mangaka... you have arrived at the right place.

If my message somehow offends you... I promise you that it is you not me!
Apr 11, 2020 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
It seems weird saying this, but that Ending is the best part of this show. Weird, because I fucking loved the MC. I mean damn, that's a good fucking song.
Apr 11, 2020 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
Random but interesting. Probably best enjoyed while taking acid. It helps understand the bear.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 11, 2020 10:14 AM

Sep 2018
As a start it is a bit confusing, so much so that I saw it a second time to better understand what was happening and better enjoy the dialogues and the interpretation of the characters, which all seem to deserve, especially the protagonist, even if we have to say that she is the only one who has interacted most of all in this episode. Good quality of drawings, very good animations, catchy soundtrack and pleasant opening and ending.
Apr 13, 2020 2:36 PM

Jan 2015
Overall found it extremely boring and energy draining, i'm not gonna deny that it might be a good anime, but that's definitely not the one for me. From the replies that i see and the fact that second episode has 3 times less replies i can assume that the anime won't reach everyone.

Misuta-Kitsune said:
I don't get why they didn't just start the anime with the second half of the episode, which is how the manga starts... would have made more sense than opening with the bear scene in my opinion. The choice they made may well be why the series starts off with this pretty low score,... I hope to see it improve over time because the story in itself is good and the adaptation so far (artstyle, animation and VA) is spot on.....

Oh, is that how it started in manga? thanks for sharing as it makes much more sense now. I was totally lost during the bear interaction which probably killed off my anime hype.
Apr 14, 2020 2:02 AM
Mar 2012
For a long while was wondering if mc's bipolar, who's pov, what's real? & wth what's happening.
Omg non CG bear! if golden kamuy...
Fight animation was tops. Great intense VA expression, but very tiresome as viewer.
Props to the uniqueness, but seems I don't have interest to radio or any characters/plot here yet.
Apr 23, 2020 2:19 AM

Mar 2015
Well it was definitely something.. Lots of energy here - I like it. Probably helps I am quite into hip-hop and I get those vibes from the MC.
May 20, 2020 2:09 AM

Jan 2012
I can see why this has such mixed reviews I can see it not being everybody's cup of tea. Lot of dialogue and very scattered and crazy. I personally loved it and found it very engaging (although it's only 1 episode so can't get carried away) the lead is very charismatic and engaging, found her ramblings and dialogue amusing and funny, the whole episode just felt really solid and well done. Loved the ED theme too (OP was decent also)
Jul 26, 2020 3:56 AM

Jun 2009
What the FUCK is up with the shadows (or whatever they are) in the eyes? This is annoying on an infuriating level.
Aug 7, 2020 12:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I decided to seen this one until some hard feeling in my first period of time.

I believed, this show has belong to the difficulty of the people that worked under the pressure of being the radio broadcaster. And the MC was a harsh lady! Idk why, but surely i had enough time laughing myself hard with her style announced her session of talk in the radio. I am enjoying much on it. Its just way too much satisfaction on these first episode! I might be late. Still, i am glad finally had time seeing this ridiculous show.

To be honest, the art style was somehow a bit weird. The heroine had some kind of rounded shadow in her eyes that made me felt a bit irritate. What was that? The design itself seems to brought some classical style that led the theme of being the radio announcer feel real. Like, in this era of digital and internet globalization, who else still listened to the radio except the classic old people? The classical thing made this show kinda brought some nostalgic feeling. Was that right? To me, its just an okay Introduction od the show, same goes by to the animation section.

However, the storyline still holds some intrigueing moment. Especially with the struggle of life that woman had. In general, the theme itself had a unique point that made me so interesting and curious about it. Yet, the title, 'Wave, listen to me', indeed, its trying to figured out something. Its to figured the activity of that woman needed as her mature heart of feeling flied so high together with the waved of sounds she had in the radio conjunction box.

Its, a pretty intrigueing story so far, i believed, and too much. I just hope she just enjoyed her new life as the wave of sounds announcer. Lmao. Thats it for now.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 4:42 AM

Jul 2015
Don't really like radio but this looks really interesting with Minare being a energetic funny main character to watch. Kind of impressed and bit mesmerised how she can just ramble on without taking long pauses there

Jan 9, 2021 1:12 AM
Feb 2020
I'm loving the ending sounds really soothing
Jun 13, 2021 2:51 AM

Jan 2021
It was a pretty good start, better than what I expected! I like Minare's outspoken character, the way she talks, especially when telling her or the radio listeners stories (more like babbling.. but that's exactly what makes it interesting) is really fun to watch and hear. Her seiyuu is did a good job~

Aug 24, 2021 11:42 AM

Aug 2011
Is this how Japanese radio usually is??? Because it's so entertaining compared to American radio!
desu desu binches
Aug 26, 2021 3:59 AM

Dec 2020
i watched this ep a few months ago expecting some shitty cliche romance story where loud girl gets scouted by cute calm guy and they bond in the radio station etc so when i watched it and sensed absolutely No energy of that i instantly put it on hold lmao

BUT i gave it another shot today and im so glad i did, this show is do charming. seriously. especially the mc, the seiyuu fits her SO much i read a few chapters of the manga just now and im so glad this got an adaptation
Sep 10, 2022 9:20 AM
Aug 2010
I hope the main character is getting more chill now. If she is continuing it, I might drop it next episode. I really cannot stand loud and annoying character tropes which are angry and loud all the time. Other than that I cannot tell if I like this setting yet or not. It's very unique for an anime for sure
Jun 1, 2023 12:25 PM

Apr 2023
Honestly, did not enjoyed this at all whatsoever lot of it was just blame anyone else but yourself for problems you yourself have caused while sure a radio host concept is cool on paper.

It was really just well cringe, angst for the sake of angst and alot of man hating as well too gross.

Overall not worth watching.

Aug 7, 2023 5:21 AM

Jun 2007
was kinda exhausting to watch, as an adult I find each mentioned topic boring so far, weird eyeball shadows, but I'll give it another chance
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 4, 2023 9:15 AM

Nov 2022
Something oddly relaxing about this show.
Yet, what the fuck did i just watch?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

41 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2020

61 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.