Forum Settings
Forums

Yuck, Funimation trying to sneak into the anime production committee

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 3, 2020 2:49 PM

Jun 2016
Should I be surprsied that a typical whining about stinky westerners thread turned into a guy espousing his theory that the jews/globalists are trying to eat us.

you all wildin
Apr 3, 2020 2:50 PM

May 2009
EcchiGodMamster said:
the downfall of anime is very possible and i've been saying that since the day i became active here
I'll bet on the downfall of Steam first.

Streecer said:
Should I be surprsied that a typical whining about stinky westerners thread turned into a guy espousing his theory that the jews/globalists are trying to eat us.

you all wildin
Sadly, with enough internet experience, no.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 3, 2020 2:52 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
EcchiGodMamster said:
the downfall of anime is very possible and i've been saying that since the day i became active here

Yeah, but while people were worried about the downfall of the already outdated business models, you were worried about your tit to thigh ratios.

outdated business models don't necessarily have anything to do with infiltration of western ideas...... which is what im talking about

Mienus said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

I think some people have move past the downfall of anime in this thread and are taking this as a precursor to the downfall of Japanese and Western civilization.

well i think the entire world is kinda fucked rn
Apr 3, 2020 2:54 PM

May 2009
EcchiGodMamster said:
Mienus said:

I think some people have move past the downfall of anime in this thread and are taking this as a precursor to the downfall of Japanese and Western civilization.

I bet there's some sort of eschatological bullhonkey someone can cook up about how coronavirus is named after the Crown of Thorns that Jesus wore.
Apr 3, 2020 2:54 PM

Sep 2007
Idk why this alpha guy is so against this concept, I look forward to the day I can serve up a nice longpork chop without those fucking cops always trying to bust down my front door, I get halfway through the butchering processing and then suddenly I have to abandon my kitchen and change my name.. AGAIN. god damn it people stop getting in my way.
Apr 3, 2020 2:55 PM

Oct 2017
Honestly as much as I don't like Funimation this whole this is going to end anime view is incredibly stupid. Crunchyroll has been on production committees for three years and really did the stuff they were on change anime?

If you want to be worried about that the stagnating Japanese market, poor treatment and development of animators and the fact despite the growth in profits 30% of studios are in the red is the biggest issue.
Apr 3, 2020 2:59 PM

May 2013
@GlennMagusHarvey Catholicism did though, they have rules and mandates on how to protect pedophiles the only reason they are in the closet is that the world doesn't fall entirely under their jurisdiction anymore.

And if being a conspiracy theorist is enough to be labeled as mentally ill I feel for the majority of humanity since most people believe in conspiracy theories on some level. Not near as mine but let's say anyone who believed Trump colluded with Russia. Same dealio.

@Mienus I kept using normalization which I agree is the wrong wording. Learn I need to pick my words slightly better. It's hard to find a word to mean "Toning down" the reaction either that or the word is obvious and it is escaping me at this moment.

I still hope I got through my idea that presenting something repeatedly so it becomes inherently less shocking over time is still understood. You don't have to agree, that's fine but I do want to articulate my beliefs better.

And if anything this whole conversation has taught me one big point. Being more careful with my wording overall. Because I say certain phrases in jest doesn't mean others will be in on that joke. Now does that excuse people from giving me labels and attacking me as that label, no. But I do see fault on my end.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Apr 3, 2020 3:00 PM

May 2009
TolkienFan365 said:
Honestly as much as I don't like Funimation this whole this is going to end anime view is incredibly stupid. Crunchyroll has been on production committees for three years and really did the stuff they were on change anime?

If you want to be worried about that the stagnating Japanese market, poor treatment and development of animators and the fact despite the growth in profits 30% of studios are in the red is the biggest issue.
Accurately assessing this problem would require a level of attention to detail and also fine-bristled criticism of the anime industry.

It's a lot easier to just blame some supposed outsider.
Apr 3, 2020 3:06 PM

Oct 2015
So damn tiresome to see people whinging about woke agendas and SJWs. Its like the millennial version of hardcore boomer righties who constantly see enemies where there aren't any. Interspecies Reviewers was trashy smut! They didn't want to promote it, the voice actresses didn't want to voice act it, and thus they stopped. Get over it, nerds!

The only problem I've had was the issue with the Maid Dragon dub where Lucoa spouted some woke nonsense while also being in a strange predatory relationship with a prepubescent child. That was just fucking ludicrous coming from her.

Nov 2008
Not every creator is making anime with westerners in mind, in fact most creators are still focusing on the Japanese market save for some shounen mangaka/novelists with a few trying to get the Chinese market and some trying to get other non-western audiences (I believe there's an anime for the Saudi Arabian market).

fanservice<3

Mar 2012
GlennMagusHarvey said:
EcchiGodMamster said:
I'll bet on the downfall of Steam first.

Streecer said:

you all wildin
Sadly, with enough internet experience, no.

pfft... im surprised Steam hasn't killed itself yet

GlennMagusHarvey said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

I bet there's some sort of eschatological bullhonkey someone can cook up about how coronavirus is named after the Crown of Thorns that Jesus wore.

LMAO
Apr 3, 2020 3:11 PM

May 2013
Streecer said:

you all wildin

Hopefully I passed a sick vibe check.

And glad I could entertain.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Apr 3, 2020 3:13 PM

May 2009
Alpha_Trannery said:
@GlennMagusHarvey Catholicism did though, they have rules and mandates on how to protect pedophiles the only reason they are in the closet is that the world doesn't fall entirely under their jurisdiction anymore.
No, they just have a lack of transparency.

Alpha_Trannery said:
And if being a conspiracy theorist is enough to be labeled as mentally ill I feel for the majority of humanity since most people believe in conspiracy theories on some level. Not near as mine but let's say anyone who believed Trump colluded with Russia. Same dealio.
I do not diagnose mental illness. I simply point out that you have a problem distinguishing fiction from reality.

(Also. Mr. Trump is quite conspicuously buddy-buddy with Mr. Putin, in person. Ain't no denying that.)

Alpha_Trannery said:
And if anything this whole conversation has taught me one big point. Being more careful with my wording overall. Because I say certain phrases in jest doesn't mean others will be in on that joke. Now does that excuse people from giving me labels and attacking me as that label, no. But I do see fault on my end.
Here's the lesson you should take away from this, even though I can bet you won't: Stop interpreting stuff as a Jewish globalist conspiracy.
Apr 3, 2020 3:15 PM

Oct 2010
EcchiGodMamster said:

outdated business models don't necessarily have anything to do with infiltration of western ideas...... which is what im talking about

The "western ideas" that anime has had for what might as well be millenia? Those "western ideas"?

Get outta here. Anime has had "western influence" (ooo so spooky and japanese culture destroying) essentially since its inception. This implication that western companies becoming more involved in production means that everything is going to become this "westernized" garbage is as hilarious as it is wrong.

And then we've got the straight up "THE JEWS ARE DOING THIS" dude up in here. Like you might as well take off that paper mask dude, you aren't fooling anybody. Jesus christ.
Apr 3, 2020 3:20 PM

May 2013
@GlennMagusHarvey

I will present a solid ultimatum.

I will make effort into not seeing things as a global conspiracy if you make effort into not taking the clear humor I lace my posts with as literal.

Yes alot of Globalists are Jewish but I would just as many are white, hell I am sure plenty are Asian and some African. That's why I went from (((investors))) to globalists. The first was the joke the second is the more accurate terminology.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Apr 3, 2020 3:29 PM

Dec 2016
Gee, not even I'm up to that much of politics and discussion, dropped at page 3. So what's happening? Some one did the Lobster man thing?

Anyways, just to give my cents about one of the topics that pop out:

Why do we have "so much" LGBT representation in the media if they are so few people?

Well, I belive that it's easy to understand:

1. Because the historic discrimination makes good historical and sociological discussion.

2. Because heterosexual man and woman like homosexual womans and mens interaction. (Just look how popular your is even along mens)

3. Because LGBT people aren't as few as it seems, I just googled about Trumpstan and got some 4.5%

4. Because setting: not too many shows like to center on the average cristian white and chill American life.
N04L1TYApr 3, 2020 4:41 PM
heh.
Apr 3, 2020 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
Alpha_Trannery said:
@GlennMagusHarvey

I will make effort into not seeing things as a global conspiracy if you make effort into not taking the clear humor I lace my posts with as literal.

Yes alot of Globalists are Jewish but I would just as many are white, hell I am sure plenty are Asian and some African. That's why I went from (((investors))) to globalists. The first was the joke the second is the more accurate terminology.

Only case I can think off is the Angel Cop anime OVA which plot was changed in the American dub. Though with this they made it worse. Because they should not have picked it up in the first place because the Jewish conspiracy it narrated was based on Japanese misconceptions and anti-semitic prejudice from the start. By licensing this and paying them money, means they approve of them
Apr 3, 2020 3:32 PM

Feb 2019
Animegaters are getting less and less subtle about their whistles by the day. Of course, it's Soros' fault that artists aren't having the artistic freedom to do what I want them to.
Apr 3, 2020 3:38 PM

May 2013
petran79 said:
Alpha_Trannery said:
@GlennMagusHarvey

Only case I can think off is the Angel Cop anime OVA which plot was changed in the American dub. Though with this they made it worse. Because they should not have picked it up in the first place because the Jewish conspiracy it narrated was based on Japanese misconceptions and anti-semitic prejudice from the start. By licensing this and paying them money, means they approve of them

Sounds like a fascinating change in plot.

Now begs the question were they correct in changing the plot? Or is that an overstepping in localization?

I am personally not sure but the outright offensive nature of the original does make it a good talking point in that discussion.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Apr 3, 2020 4:01 PM

Dec 2016
MoonStar9 said:
The only problem I've had was the issue with the Maid Dragon dub where Lucoa spouted some woke nonsense while also being in a strange predatory relationship with a prepubescent child. That was just fucking ludicrous coming from her.

"More female rapists" said Lucoa, the feminist.
heh.
Apr 3, 2020 4:05 PM

Nov 2019
Okay, let's see which takes we've gone through..

So we did:
  • They're pushing agendas!
  • Oh no, puritanical westerners. We've got to stop them!
  • Oh my god, stop forcing your diversity on me!
  • This is literally censorship!
  • It's all the left's/SJWs'/feminists' fault!
  • They're going to take away our moe girls!

And right now we're at global conspiracy by the jews..

Apr 3, 2020 4:12 PM

May 2008
sorry dudebros.

i think you'll live tho.

because im pretty sure you guys are the type to only watch subs.
No one can justify life by linking happy moments into a rosary.

Apr 3, 2020 4:29 PM

May 2016
This might lead to a dark, dark dystopia where anime is focused on compelling storytelling and dynamic character interactions instead of infantilizing women for the umpteenth time.

Oh, no. The fucking horror.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Apr 3, 2020 4:39 PM

May 2016
this_shit_again said:

So we did:

And how is that false?

akamizu said:
sorry dudebros.

i think you'll live tho.

I believe the whole point is fuckimation would influence the ORIGINAL anime... aka subs before it getting censored by them.

Zelkiiro said:
This might lead to a dark, dark dystopia where anime is focused on compelling storytelling and dynamic character interactions instead of infantilizing women for the umpteenth time.

You mean like what we already have tons of?

No wonder Japan has such a high rape rate, the sexualization of woman all over and in their anime. It is influencing the young virgins!!!

Of course the half naked ripped men are ok.
Apr 3, 2020 4:47 PM

Apr 2015
this_shit_again said:

So we did:

It's all the greatest hits, now in a collectors edition!!
Apr 3, 2020 4:53 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Taggart25 said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

The "western ideas" that anime has had for what might as well be millenia? Those "western ideas"?

Get outta here. Anime has had "western influence" (ooo so spooky and japanese culture destroying) essentially since its inception. This implication that western companies becoming more involved in production means that everything is going to become this "westernized" garbage is as hilarious as it is wrong.

And then we've got the straight up "THE JEWS ARE DOING THIS" dude up in here. Like you might as well take off that paper mask dude, you aren't fooling anybody. Jesus christ.

nobody said anime doesn't have western influence... if it wasn't for western influence anime as we know it wouldn't exist

you know what kind of western influence im talking about
Apr 3, 2020 4:59 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The only thing left is a George Soros conspiracy and I think we have the whole package of tinfoil hats in this thread lmao
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 3, 2020 5:02 PM

May 2013
DatRandomDude said:
The only thing left is a George Soros conspiracy and I think we have the whole package of tinfoil hats in this thread lmao

*sweats* I mean Soros is a self proclaimed Globalist soo....

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Apr 3, 2020 5:11 PM

Oct 2010
EcchiGodMamster said:

Yeah, I do - the one that doesn't exist.
Apr 3, 2020 5:14 PM
Jul 2019
honestly, I'm not too worried....

this whole notion of hollywood "taking over anime" is (excuse my french here) horsesh**....
its not the anime industry that needs funimation.... funimation needs the anime industry....
the only thing they really offer, is dubs for americans.... most of their licenses are exclusive to the us too.... and there the censorship has been going on for decades, as in everything released in the us....

but of course no matter how small the us market for japanimation is in comparison, it demands to be catered to.... to make it "more mainstream" (american that is of course)....

and now every board is overrun by screaching morons, who obviously have never read manga or watched anime.... and whos problem can basically be boiled down to "they make the girls look cute, even beautiful...." all that representation crap is horsesh**.... how many comicbooks or tv animations release in the us every week, that put for example gay/lesbian relationships explicitly front and center?

or better yet, explain to me how for example seven volumes of "yagate kimi ni naru" are the "wrong kind of female/lgbtq representation".....

so who cares if funimation has three seats in anime productions? they cant do sh** cause most anime is licensed adaptation anyway.... meaning all power in the end is at the hands of the manga publishing houses and the authors/creators.... and they will never sell out.... esp to folks who cant manage to sell 90000 copies of batman a month.... you wanna know what a jump is, that sells 90000? cancelled ;).....
Apr 3, 2020 5:16 PM

May 2009
Alpha_Trannery said:
@GlennMagusHarvey

This joke you speak of neither made sense as a joke nor was funny.

Also, I'm not sure what the point of this negotiation is.

EcchiGodMamster said:
You mean the kind that's allegedly perpetrated by evil SJWs who are somehow simultaneously so incompetent at pushing their agenda yet so able to push it?
Apr 3, 2020 5:18 PM

Aug 2015
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
this_shit_again said:

So we did:

And how is that false?

akamizu said:
sorry dudebros.

i think you'll live tho.

I believe the whole point is fuckimation would influence the ORIGINAL anime... aka subs before it getting censored by them.

Zelkiiro said:

No wonder Japan has such a high rape rate, the sexualization of woman all over and in their anime. It is influencing the young virgins!!!

for someone that seems to have such an issue with gay people you sure do seem to like that cropped lesbian porn in your signature.

also did you just admit to believing this is a jewish plot or
Apr 3, 2020 5:21 PM

May 2013
@GlennMagusHarvey The purpose being to maybe reach of bridge of mutual understanding. Not agreeing but atleast understanding.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Apr 3, 2020 5:23 PM

Apr 2015
SausageSpirit said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

And how is that false?

for someone that seems to have such an issue with gay people you sure do seem to like that cropped lesbian porn in your signature.

He also off-handedly admitted to kid fapping in the loli thread and given his track record, I'm inclined to believe him. It doesn't matter on this forum I guess doe. lol
TylaenApr 3, 2020 5:27 PM
Apr 3, 2020 5:26 PM

Aug 2015
Tylaen said:
SausageSpirit said:

He also off-handedly admitting to kid fapping in the loli thread and given his track record, I'm inclined to believe him. It doesn't matter on this forum I guess doe. lol
bruh what the actual fuck is with these people
Apr 3, 2020 5:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Taggart25 said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

just because it doesn't necessarily exist yet, doesn't mean it can't, its already happening in video games
Apr 3, 2020 5:28 PM

Aug 2015
EcchiGodMamster said:
Taggart25 said:

just because it doesn't necessarily exist yet, doesn't mean it can't, its already happening in video games
so what kind of influence do you mean then bud? what do you mean by it already happening in western video games, this hypothetical western influence.
Apr 3, 2020 5:36 PM

May 2016
Tylaen said:
SausageSpirit said:

He also off-handedly admitted to kid fapping in the loli thread and given his track record, I'm inclined to believe him. It doesn't matter on this forum I guess doe. lol

you mean the loli thread? I said it is the only legal way to do it.... I never said I did it. You need to work harder on your trolling.

SausageSpirit said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

And how is that false?

You guys all need to learn to read. I never said I hated gay people, I said I hate that gay people(and other minorities) need to be represented in 100% of everything despite being 5% of the population.

That hard to understand?
Apr 3, 2020 5:36 PM

May 2009
Western influence on Japanese game publishers might be nice since then Japanese game publishers might be more amenable to releasing their games DRM-free, and on platforms other than Steam, like itch.io. Seriously, big-time Japanese game publishers seem to overall have a weird aversion to DRM-free releases, even more so than big-time western developers.
Apr 3, 2020 5:43 PM

Aug 2015
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Tylaen said:

you mean the loli thread? I said it is the only legal way to do it.... I never said I did it. You need to work harder on your trolling.

SausageSpirit said:

You guys all need to learn to read. I never said I hated gay people, I said I hate that gay people(and other minorities) need to be represented in 100% of everything despite being 5% of the population.

That hard to understand?
why do you care so much that minorities are represented in media, does it actually affect you in any tangible way or are your feefees just hurt
Apr 3, 2020 5:44 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
SausageSpirit said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

so what kind of influence do you mean then bud? what do you mean by it already happening in western video games, this hypothetical western influence.

theres this thing that tends to happen when Japanese games and anime get a western release or have market share in the west

its called censorship
Apr 3, 2020 5:46 PM

Apr 2015
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
I did see your careful wording of it, yes. It's very good framing.
Apr 3, 2020 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
SausageSpirit said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here since I know what he's talking about.
It's because of Sony.

But it's not part of a great SJW conspiracy.
PlayStation is now a US-centric brand and has pretty much forsaken Japan (smart, no big bucks to be gained there anymore... for them at least). As a result, they have to make sure that everything they sell is marketable in America. And I really do mean EVERYTHING.

What happens to games where you can fondle characters that look 12 to the average US person? They become problematic. But instead of simply not selling that stuff, no compromises, Sony is actively encouraging creators to cut huge chunks of their final products. Like whole features completely gone.
This, at first sight, looks like censorship, because these developers won't survive without PlayStation sales. The PS4 is just that big.

But it's not a matter of political belief. At all.
It's just a reformed brand that, for all intents and purposes, now sees itself as North-American... adapting to its new main market.
Poorly, I might add.
Apr 3, 2020 6:03 PM

Dec 2016
SausageSpirit said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

He might be a gamer gater, they harass and shit on people who are critical of games, specially if it's a feminist criticism. The supposed objective is to bring ethics back to game journalism and annalise.

But ofcourse, 99.99% of the time there isn't any real unethical thing being done to the harassed person, some times the problem have nothing to do with SJWs, they just don't like when people get to play as womans, blacks and gays.

Or losing the lolis, btw, that one is actually a good reason to be upset.
N04L1TYApr 3, 2020 6:11 PM
heh.
Apr 3, 2020 6:11 PM

Dec 2010
Wow this thread is a dumpster fire could you people be anymore melodramatic funimation is not going to take over the anime industry many of you sound nuts.
Apr 3, 2020 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
Bob-o-Dominador said:
SausageSpirit said:

He might be a gamer gater, they harass and shit on people who are critical of games, specially if it's a feminist criticism. The supposed objective is to bring ethics back to game journalism and annalise.

But ofcourse, 99.99% of the time there isn't any real unethical thing being done to the harassed person, some times the problem have nothing to do with SJWs, they just don't like when people get to play as womans, blacks and gays.

Or losing the lolis, btw, that one is actually a good reason to be upset.

Lmao, Gamergater. I feel like I'm in 2014 again.

Mamster is just your regular horny bastard. I like to take the occasional potshot at him, but I know nothing he says is actually malicious. The man is just afraid of losing his anime titties...
Apr 3, 2020 6:37 PM

Jul 2015
drstonefan said:
Wow this thread is a dumpster fire could you people be anymore melodramatic funimation is not going to take over the anime industry many of you sound nuts.

Threads like this always end up like this, fear mongering, conspiracy theories, George Soros and globalism or my favorite the doomsday apocalypse. You're bound to see variation of these types of post, an observation made reading what people post on these topics. It's pretty silly seeing how things are being exaggerated to new heights.
Apr 3, 2020 7:15 PM

May 2015
MoonStar9 said:
So damn tiresome to see people whinging about woke agendas and SJWs. Its like the millennial version of hardcore boomer righties who constantly see enemies where there aren't any. Interspecies Reviewers was trashy smut! They didn't want to promote it, the voice actresses didn't want to voice act it, and thus they stopped. Get over it, nerds!

Pretty sure none of the voice actors actually said they didn't want to be in it, but ok, go off.

Apr 3, 2020 7:31 PM

Dec 2010
terminador_2397 said:
drstonefan said:

Threads like this always end up like this, fear mongering, conspiracy theories, George Soros and globalism or my favorite the doomsday apocalypse. You're bound to see variation of these types of post, an observation made reading what people post on these topics. It's pretty silly seeing how things are being exaggerated to new heights.

Yes these kind of things bring out the weirdos.
Apr 3, 2020 7:34 PM

May 2011
Well I don't live in North America so I can care less about Funimation content when they don't sell it to me.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

217 by Spunkert »»
24 minutes ago

» Anime you would like to play as a game

nishant0 - Yesterday

19 by Ratris_Decision »»
29 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

22 by Spunkert »»
32 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

89 by lifesaver64 »»
53 minutes ago

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

14 by Sorachin »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.