Forum Settings
Forums

Reverse harem with a strong female protagonist? (I mean, the personality)

New
Apr 2, 2020 9:36 AM

Jan 2010
I know I haven't known that many reverse harem, only Arcana Famiglia and Utapri, and I can't even finish the first episode.

I wonder if all reverse harem protagonist are like that.

I simply want a protagonist that have strong personality, preferably a personality like Erza. An alpha female, lol. A teaser/playful is a big plus, like Holo or Shinoa.
If action, she has to be able to fight on equal foot with her harem or more. Instead of being protected all the time, she better be the one protecting them, lmao.

No tsundere please.

Thank you in advance.
CrimsonMidnightApr 3, 2020 12:46 AM
Apr 2, 2020 10:17 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I don't really count Prétear: The New Legend of Snow White as a reverse harem cuz not all members of the group are actual love interests, but I do realize that there are some people who do.

So I suggest that you give this anime a shot! Though I also recommend the original manga if you're interested, I actually prefer the manga a bit more.
I highly recommend it if you like magical girl anime like Madoka Magica or Sailor Moon (especially Sailor Moon since this was actually created by the director of the first two seasons of the 90s Sailor Moon anime).
Apr 2, 2020 11:28 AM

May 2018
100% Ouran Highschool Host Club

The protagonist Haruhi not only is an entertaining character but has a good level of depth and development to her. She doesnt take shit from the harem boys and is independent. Shes funny, sarcastic, smart and a hard worker. Especially when you compare her to other reverse harem protags who usually have a personality of a wet towel, Haruhi is a literal icon.

Not to mention the anime itself is good and just overall great fun. Its humor, characters and animation is immaculate. Strongly recommend

https://myanimelist.net/anime/853/Ouran_Koukou_Host_Club?q=our
Apr 2, 2020 12:15 PM

May 2012
Saiunkoku Monogatari has the trappings of a reverse harem, but there's really only one romantic target. I count the heroine, Shurrei, among my all-time favorites, and she has the personality you're seeking. Plus she has the advantage of being voiced by one of my all-time favorite seiyuu, Kuwashima Houko. Her speech berating the assembled nobles early in season two was exhilarating. Two, 39-episode seasons.

SeijiSenseiApr 2, 2020 12:18 PM
Apr 2, 2020 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
Yona of the Dawn is what you are looking for. Starts out weak but gradually becomes a badass.

I'm also seconding Ouran High School Host Club.

Cardia from Code Realize is also awesome but I think the anime adaptation is a bit lacking, play the VN.

MC from Kamigami no Asobi isn't too memorable but I do know she wasn't exactly a pushover.
removed-userApr 2, 2020 3:53 PM
Apr 3, 2020 12:40 AM

Jan 2010
Fario-P said:
I don't really count Prétear: The New Legend of Snow White as a reverse harem cuz not all members of the group are actual love interests, but I do realize that there are some people who do.

So I suggest that you give this anime a shot! Though I also recommend the original manga if you're interested, I actually prefer the manga a bit more.
I highly recommend it if you like magical girl anime like Madoka Magica or Sailor Moon (especially Sailor Moon since this was actually created by the director of the first two seasons of the 90s Sailor Moon anime).

She looks like a badass girl! Thanks for the recommendation!

Seijatachiiii said:

The protagonist Haruhi not only is an entertaining character but has a good level of depth and development to her. She doesnt take shit from the harem boys and is independent. Shes funny, sarcastic, smart and a hard worker. Especially when you compare her to other reverse harem protags who usually have a personality of a wet towel, Haruhi is a literal icon.

Not to mention the anime itself is good and just overall great fun. Its humor, characters and animation is immaculate. Strongly recommend

Oh, I always thought she is the type that has no personality because her eyes looks dead lmao. I just realized it's just the art style haha.
I feel like I'm going to love it. Might change my view on reverse harem too XD

Thanks for the recommendation!

SeijiSensei said:
Saiunkoku Monogatari has the trappings of a reverse harem, but there's really only one romantic target. I count the heroine, Shurrei, among my all-time favorites, and she has the personality you're seeking. Plus she has the advantage of being voiced by one of my all-time favorite seiyuu, Kuwashima Houko. Her speech berating the assembled nobles early in season two was exhilarating. Two, 39-episode seasons.

Ah, it's actually my friend's favorite anime. I'm really not into the princess type, but she looks like she can hold herself pretty well. I think I might give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation!

HeruruMeruru said:
Yona of the Dawn is what you are looking for. Starts out weak but gradually becomes a badass.

Cardia from Code Realize is also awesome but I think the anime adaptation is a bit lacking, play the VN.

MC from Kamigami no Asobi isn't too memorable but I do know she wasn't exactly a pushover.

I'm not really into princess, and since it has action, I also don't like characters that can't fight in action anime. From the PV, looks like she needed to be protected at all times. So, I don't know if I'll like it. I got hooked to Su-Won tho after watching the PV. He's so beautiful omg.

From the PV, Cardia looks like those bland protagonist too but idk, looks like ppl also protecting her all the time. I wished she can hold herself more and be a badass. Tbh I would prefer it if the protagonist is the most badass out of all her harem, lmao.

Kamigami no Asobi looks like something I'd like!

Thanks for the recommendation! <3
Apr 3, 2020 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
CrimsonMidnight said:
Fario-P said:

She looks like a badass girl! Thanks for the recommendation!

Seijatachiiii said:

Oh, I always thought she is the type that has no personality because her eyes looks dead lmao. I just realized it's just the art style haha.
I feel like I'm going to love it. Might change my view on reverse harem too XD

Thanks for the recommendation!

SeijiSensei said:

Ah, it's actually my friend's favorite anime. I'm really not into the princess type, but she looks like she can hold herself pretty well. I think I might give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation!

HeruruMeruru said:

I'm not really into princess, and since it has action, I also don't like characters that can't fight in action anime. From the PV, looks like she needed to be protected at all times. So, I don't know if I'll like it. I got hooked to Su-Won tho after watching the PV. He's so beautiful omg.

From the PV, Cardia looks like those bland protagonist too but idk, looks like ppl also protecting her all the time. I wished she can hold herself more and be a badass. Tbh I would prefer it if the protagonist is the most badass out of all her harem, lmao.

Kamigami no Asobi looks like something I'd like!

Thanks for the recommendation! <3

Oh believe me Cardia develops into a badass in the visual novels, she straight up kills a man in one route and has to rescue an LI in another. She's possibly one of the most badass otome game protags I know of. The anime doesn't do it any justice though. ...Though I'm aware this is an anime rec thread and not an otome game rec thread orz.
removed-userApr 3, 2020 12:50 AM
Apr 3, 2020 1:11 AM
Nov 2014
I've heard that Code Realize has a relatively strong female protagonist, though I've also read that this is much better shown in the original Visual Novel (which has been officially published in English on the Playstation Vita, by the way).

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31456/Code_Realize_-_Sousei_no_Himegimi

Hakuouki's protag isn't a complete weakling either. At least she grows.

Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi features a stubborn and resourceful yet kind FeMC: when a demon appears before her to claim her grandfather's debt and states that she must become his bride, the girl simply asks how much the debt is and decides to work to pay it off.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36754/Kakuriyo_no_Yadomeshi
Apr 5, 2020 11:27 AM

Mar 2012
Try Hanasakeru Seishounen, it's a really good reverse harem if you can get past the first few episodes that introduce the three guys.

Most reverse harems adapted from otome games have an extremely bland MC, the ones adapted from other sources do give the girl some personality but it's nowhere near what you want. The genre itself often focuses more on the guys than on the girl. If you think that Yona or Shuurei are the princess types then it's unlikely that you'll find what you are looking for in this genre.

If you want a girl who can fight then try Tenshi na Konamaiki - it's actually a shounen not reverse harem but it's 4 guys in love with 1 girl so pretty much the same concept.
Apr 5, 2020 3:15 PM

Mar 2020
Seijatachiiii said:

HDJSJFOSJF a wet towel 😅😂
Apr 6, 2020 6:32 AM

May 2012
HeruruMeruru said:

SeijiSensei said:

I started rewatching the second season over the weekend. The opening story arc concerns an epidemic. Luckily the infection is a water-borne parasite rather than a virus. They certainly wouldn't have been able to deal with a viral epidemic in the time period of the show, set in a fantasy empire based on T'ang China (600-900 CE). Even the parasitic infestation they face requires some remarkable inventiveness to thwart.

More topics from this board

» I have read and watched so many reincarnated OP MC and 99.99% of them are focus on magic and non-magic is pretty much useless, but is plot with latter actually exist?

aLotQuestion_ - Apr 10

14 by nishant0 »»
49 minutes ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Apr 18

9 by Chisuku »»
2 hours ago

» Recommendations for manga with very close relationships

kamui_susanoo - Yesterday

3 by JKKH »»
2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - 7 hours ago

1 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

9 by iamnottesslol »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.