Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 1, 2020 11:36 AM

Mar 2018
can we finally add it to the database, it was said that upon new content the entry for the 13 episodes would be added, that new content has been added soooo ;)
Apr 1, 2020 11:40 AM
Sep 2018
Yes please, I need it.
Apr 1, 2020 11:46 AM
Apr 2019
God that ending got me feelin some type of way
Apr 1, 2020 11:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Question, I imagine, is if those final few moments are enough for the approval...

Personally, just the fact that this is 13 and not 25 (or 26) episodes ought to do the trick imo.

I don't know much about rebroadcasts of tv anime series but those do not include new scenes unless it's a DC version, right? If so, then there really shouldn't be a reason to not add this entry.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 1, 2020 12:22 PM

Mar 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
Question, I imagine, is if those final few moments are enough for the approval...

Personally, just the fact that this is 13 and not 25 (or 26) episodes ought to do the trick imo.

I don't know much about rebroadcasts of tv anime series but those do not include new scenes unless it's a DC version, right? If so, then there really shouldn't be a reason to not add this entry.

add to that the fact that there was new revised animation throughout the cut
Apr 1, 2020 1:00 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Eunos said:

Nearly almost all of which was already updated in the BD/DVD though.

Apr 1, 2020 1:04 PM

Jun 2019
Eunos said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

They do that in almost every Bluray/DVD release already so it's not enough reason, I don't think they're going to add a new entry tbh they may just add a note to this one (just noticed they've already done that)
I like girls with horns
Apr 1, 2020 2:08 PM

Mar 2018
Guardianes15 said:
Eunos said:

They do that in almost every Bluray/DVD release already so it's not enough reason, I don't think they're going to add a new entry tbh they may just add a note to this one (just noticed they've already done that)

i hope thats not the case, hopefully well get an official response soon
Apr 2, 2020 4:09 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Unfortunately, the amount of new content is neither long enough nor significant enough to warrant a separate entry for the Director's Cut. The rebroadcast was exactly the same, story-wise, aside from the last 4 minutes of episode 13. If we were to add a separate entry just for those 4 minutes, it would set a troublesome precedent for the future. Instead, the new content is now mentioned under the More Info tab.
Apr 2, 2020 4:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
tingy said:
Unfortunately, the amount of new content is neither long enough nor significant enough to warrant a separate entry for the Director's Cut. The rebroadcast was exactly the same, story-wise, aside from the last 4 minutes of episode 13. If we were to add a separate entry just for those 4 minutes, it would set a troublesome precedent for the future. Instead, the new content is now mentioned under the More Info tab.

Ah, that’s cool, thanks for letting us know! :)

Apr 3, 2020 5:01 AM

May 2015
tingy said:
Instead, the new content is now mentioned under the More Info tab.

The last sentence feels like a spoiler for me, you could just say that there's a big revelation without going into detail.
Apr 3, 2020 9:57 PM
Oct 2017
tingy said:

This is bogus, it's not the same, it's a "Director's Cut", the differing episode count alone should be enough.

Part of the biggest reasons I (and probably most) people love this site, is how easy it makes to keep track of and catalogue what we've seen, and accuracy is an important part of that.

Regardless of how you feel about the actual differences, it is a separate thing, leaving it uncatalogued isn't acceptable, and I HIGHLY doubt I'm the only one to feel this way.

List it under "related anime" as an "alternate version" or "director's cut"
Apr 6, 2020 6:13 AM
May 2016
ex
MetalHeadToker said:
tingy said:

This is bogus, it's not the same, it's a "Director's Cut", the differing episode count alone should be enough.

Part of the biggest reasons I (and probably most) people love this site, is how easy it makes to keep track of and catalogue what we've seen, and accuracy is an important part of that.

Regardless of how you feel about the actual differences, it is a separate thing, leaving it uncatalogued isn't acceptable, and I HIGHLY doubt I'm the only one to feel this way.

List it under "related anime" as an "alternate version" or "director's cut"

I felt this way, as well. When I heard of the Director's Cut last week and began watching it, I immediately went here to catalogue the exact date of my first viewing. Unfortunately, I got dismayed, like you did, about there not being a separate entry for it. It's such a shame that we can't look at our profiles and see an entry for this as a reminder of our experience, even though it's technically just a rewatch.
Apr 6, 2020 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
In my opinion, it's fine that there isn't a separate entry but I would like to second Exablade's point:
Exablade said:
tingy said:
Instead, the new content is now mentioned under the More Info tab.

The last sentence feels like a spoiler for me, you could just say that there's a big revelation without going into detail.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Apr 9, 2020 9:05 AM

Jul 2010
We should be able to add at least the post-credits scene to the database, even if the whole Director's Cut isn't considered. It's more than 4 minutes of new footage.
Wildcat17Apr 12, 2020 3:43 PM
Apr 11, 2020 7:33 PM
Sep 2017
Agree that it needs to be added. Has anyone asked why it hasn't and gotten a response?
Apr 15, 2020 6:10 AM
Jan 2018
give that one scene a mal entry lol and let all the salt go there
Apr 15, 2020 6:13 AM
Apr 17, 2020 7:10 AM

May 2016
I’m not sure where to post this.

But I just wanted to say that anyone who is looking to watch this show or watching it right now, please watch the director’s cut. I would say it’s the definitive version leading up to season 2.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Apr 19, 2020 11:51 PM
Mar 2017
Interesting that this is pretty much the first "recap" that doesn't have its own entry I noticed on MAL for what it's worth.
Apr 29, 2020 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
It would've been nice if there was a Director's cut entry. That way I could add S1 to my list because watching the Director's cut was my first time watching this anime.

And I know someone will say just add this one but I can't because it means that I'm saying that I watched this version which I did not.
Jun 4, 2020 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
tingy said:
Unfortunately, the amount of new content is neither long enough nor significant enough to warrant a separate entry for the Director's Cut. The rebroadcast was exactly the same, story-wise.

Not that it particularly matters to me because I never watched the original run, so I just add 2 episodes for every 1 I watch. And while I agree 4 minutes isn't much I'd like to ask why Ghost in the Shell 2.0 is allowed to stand? As far as I can tell it's the same film as the original with some added CGI. I've not watched it as I've already watched the original many times and I've also heard the CGI is poor by today's standards and ironically dates it worse than the original!
Jun 14, 2020 5:08 AM

May 2019
Removing the entry for Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Shin Henshuu-ban was beyond stupid by MAL, since this site add entries even for chinese comercial of cup noodles or manners short video for cinema.
Jul 11, 2020 9:11 AM

Sep 2014
MAL is really weird like that, a rerun with different pacing and new content? No entry
Literally any other crap like ads and manner movies? Entry

I can understand MALs position in the case of alternative versions with no new content, but this? It has new and important content. The episode count is different as well. If people want to discuss this, they will end up confused for no reason.
MAL adds compilation movies with no new content and compilation OVAs, but this doesnt make it?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 11, 2020 9:12 AM

Sep 2014
MAL is really weird like that, a rerun with different pacing and new content? No entry

I can understand MALs position in the case of alternative versions with no new content, but this? It has new and important content. The episode count is different as well. If people want to discuss this, they will end up confused for no reason.
MAL adds compilation movies with no new content and compilation OVAs, but this doesnt make it?
Jul 11, 2020 9:12 AM

Sep 2014

Jul 30, 2020 7:28 AM

Sep 2016
The rebroadcast was exactly the same, story-wise, aside from the last 4 minutes of episode 13. If we were to add a separate entry just for those 4 minutes, it would set a troublesome precedent for the future. Instead, the new content is now mentioned under the More Info tab.

False. Several scenes got rearranged, some others outright changed.
bruh

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Today

28 by DoobieSam »»
6 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.