Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2020 5:15 AM
Jan 2013
I just want to make sure there isn’t any before I watch it.
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Mar 31, 2020 7:55 AM

Apr 2015
There isn't. Chinese censorship.
Mar 31, 2020 7:57 AM
Jan 2013
Vsegda7 said:

So the relationship in both seasons is platonic?

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

Mar 31, 2020 7:58 AM

Apr 2015
Lelouch_Darsi said:
Vsegda7 said:

So the relationship in both seasons is platonic?

It can be read as close friendship.
Mar 31, 2020 9:25 AM

Mar 2020
Yes, you would see dicks all around the anime. Sadly!
Mar 31, 2020 2:48 PM
Jan 2013
Damerino said:

I just watched the first couple of episodes. Either you're a liar or you don't have one.

Mar 31, 2020 2:56 PM

Mar 2020
Lelouch_Darsi said:
Damerino said:

I just watched the first couple of episodes. Either you're a liar or you don't have one.
As if I mentioned that you were going to see them in the first couple of episodes :)
Mar 31, 2020 3:02 PM
Jan 2013
Damerino said:
Lelouch_Darsi said:

As if I mentioned that you were going to see them in the first couple of episodes :)

"All around the anime", you said :)

Apr 8, 2020 2:25 PM
Apr 2018
This is yaoi it’s a romantic relationship between two men it is NOT just a platonic friendship, that said there’s nothing sexually graphic, it’s Soft yaoi or Shonen Ai. I recommend reading the original novel if you’re looking for more graphic content

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary remarks.
NoLiferSoulAug 20, 2021 2:33 AM
Apr 8, 2020 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
In the source material, which is a novel, yes, in the anime and life action series, no.because of chinese censorships. In the anime, those are hints at best.
May 22, 2020 2:43 PM

May 2020
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
In the source material, which is a novel, yes, in the anime and life action series, no.because of chinese censorships. In the anime, those are hints at best.

If I'm not wrong they insert a kiss in the manga (after I don't know how many chapters).
How they were able to bypass the censorship in this case?
May 22, 2020 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
Novecento said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

If I'm not wrong they insert a kiss in the manga (after I don't know how many chapters).

I'm not far in the manga. Maybe the novel and manga pass, because they were originally published online (I think?).
Jun 2, 2020 7:32 PM

Dec 2016
Novecento said:
_Maneki-Neko_ said:

I read somewhere that our translators added that bit since it was originally put on artists Weibo or smt? I'm not 100% if this is correct tho. But LWJ sure does blush a lot....
Also audio drama is the only one without the censorship besides the novel (tho the novel has several versions itself)
Jun 3, 2020 10:52 AM

May 2020
Mici_Angels said:
Novecento said:

I read somewhere that our translators added that bit since it was originally put on artists Weibo or smt? I'm not 100% if this is correct tho. But LWJ sure does blush a lot....
Also audio drama is the only one without the censorship besides the novel (tho the novel has several versions itself)

I see, so it wasn't in the original manga.
Jun 10, 2020 4:03 PM
Sep 2015
no there isn't explicit romance in the anime but the subtext is there. also they fuck in the novel so i dont know why everyone else is suggesting they're just bros
Jul 3, 2020 6:34 PM

Sep 2014
FlamingSpirit said:
no there isn't explicit romance in the anime but the subtext is there. also they fuck in the novel so i dont know why everyone else is suggesting they're just bros

Probably because what's happening in the novel isn't happening in the anime and some people don't read nor care for the novel? Anyways, chinese shows can be weird. They're definitely different from japanese shows. The good quality ones are rare. Bad quality ones are in abundance. Although there aren't that many to begin with here on MAL.

Also sounds like the Main characters' won't be romancing with the opposite sex (is it true?!) which is such a shame... Explains why I always return here and never add it to my list... I find this discussion thread.
Jan 25, 2021 5:25 PM
Aug 2018
NurikoIsBae said:
This is yaoi it’s a romantic relationship between two men it is NOT just a platonic friendship, that said there’s nothing sexually graphic, it’s Soft yaoi or Shonen Ai. I recommend reading the original novel if you’re looking for more graphic content

How about manhua??

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary remarks from quote.
NoLiferSoulAug 20, 2021 2:33 AM
Jan 29, 2021 9:19 AM

Jun 2019
No, there's zero yaoi, just very good friends
Mar 8, 2021 9:44 AM

Oct 2020
nope there is literally like zero romance in both seasons they just act like friends its much more focused on plot development
Aug 15, 2021 1:38 PM

Mar 2020
Lelouch_Darsi said:
I just want to make sure there isn’t any before I watch it.
It is considered BL but i assure u in the anime they are hints at best! And can be only seen as Friendship scnes. Tbh i didnt even knew it was a BL till i finished season 1 due to how tame those scenes were. So dont worry. There are no explicit scenes.
Aug 18, 2021 4:38 AM
Feb 2020
cHowaito said:
FlamingSpirit said:

Probably because what's happening in the novel isn't happening in the anime and some people don't read nor care for the novel? Anyways, chinese shows can be weird. They're definitely different from japanese shows. The good quality ones are rare. Bad quality ones are in abundance. Although there aren't that many to begin with here on MAL.

Also sounds like the Main characters' won't be romancing with the opposite sex (is it true?!) which is such a shame... Explains why I always return here and never add it to my list... I find this discussion thread.

M watching purely for animation quality and story, bcz they are pretty good,
And yes it's a shame that there is no romance (straight)
Aug 20, 2021 2:34 AM

Apr 2014
Thread cleaned

Please keep the discussion about the anime and don't throw around words like homophobe or idiot just because you disagree with someone.
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Dec 9, 2021 5:05 PM
Dec 2017
Not really that noticiable due to China's censorship.

Dec 9, 2021 5:09 PM

Aug 2021
yaoi in anime is implicit ...but in manhua it is explicit.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

valkiriana - Oct 10, 2018

103 by HaruYing »»
Mar 24, 2:12 PM

» I thought anime/manga from other countries was not allowed on MAL?

Kimiko-chan - Dec 14, 2020

5 by senekohan »»
Feb 19, 8:06 AM

» I'm telling you

egosumjohn - Dec 8, 2023

7 by Watch_Kuranado »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:35 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 8 Discussion

valkiriana - Aug 23, 2018

31 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:30 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi Episode 1 Discussion

Stardew - Aug 8, 2018

43 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 13, 2023 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.