Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2020 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
If you have an unpopular opinion about HxH, please share it with arguments, so that others can debate about it! It can be a about an arc, a character, the plot, a specific scene, etc..

(If your opinion is about the manga of the 1999 version, please put it in a "spoiler", I haven't read and watch it yet ;-;)

// OBVIOUSLY DON'T BE RUDE, RESPECT OTHER'S OPINION EVEN IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH IT, thanks //
Mar 28, 2020 3:09 PM

Jun 2016
I have never engaged with the HxH fan community so I don't know if these opinions are actually unpopular or not

I hated the first arc. It was boring, generic and I couldn't wait for it to end. It didn't feel like the best way to open a show.

While I can't deny that it's an incredibly catchy song, I didn't like the opening theme. I'm a fan of upbeat and uplifting music but this one didn't click with me. At first I thought it was because I got tired of it due to it being the only song in the series but I've enjoyed other songs that were openings for way longer like the opening for the greek dub of dragon ball for example that was the only OP for both DB and DBZ

I have only seen clips on youtube but I believe that the 1999 version looks better than the 2011 version but that may be because I'm a sucker for good cel animation
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 28, 2020 5:24 PM

Oct 2019
Hisoka is a bit overrated compared to the other villains. He's certainly a great character and better than 95% of shonen villains but Chrollo and the royal guards and meruem are leagues better.
Mar 29, 2020 3:21 AM
Jul 2018
Theo1899 said:
I have never engaged with the HxH fan community so I don't know if these opinions are actually unpopular or not

I hated the first arc. It was boring, generic and I couldn't wait for it to end. It didn't feel like the best way to open a show.

While I can't deny that it's an incredibly catchy song, I didn't like the opening theme. I'm a fan of upbeat and uplifting music but this one didn't click with me. At first I thought it was because I got tired of it due to it being the only song in the series but I've enjoyed other songs that were openings for way longer like the opening for the greek dub of dragon ball for example that was the only OP for both DB and DBZ

I have only seen clips on youtube but I believe that the 1999 version looks better than the 2011 version but that may be because I'm a sucker for good cel animation

Well I saw on other threads that quite a lot of people didn't like the Hunter Exam arc.. Personally, I really enjoyed this arc. I think the different tests were pretty original, same with the very ending. Who would have thought that the creepy needles guy was Killua's brother, Illumi? Also, imo this arc did a great job to introduce the different characters and their personality: the innocence of Gon, the rage of Kurapika, Leorio's motivations, Killua drinking the poison, Hisoka blowing someone's arms off, etc..
Tbh I don't see how HxH could have started otherwise, this arc is super iconic imo :)

I do agree with this one. At first, I didn't like the opening because I thought it was super basic, BUT after seeing the one of the Heaven Arena arc, I did finally enjoyed the song :) I think it was a real challenge for the studio to only use one song for all the opening, since every arc is super different!

HAHA, I personally think it depends of the characters.. For example, Kurapika and Leorio are super dope in the 1999 version, but I prefer the 2011 version of Hisoka and Killua because.. idk, it just fit more the idea I have of the characters xD

(Thanks for your message, it means a lot since it's the first thread I create here c:)
Mar 29, 2020 3:25 AM
Jul 2018
franzdrake said:
Hisoka is a bit overrated compared to the other villains. He's certainly a great character and better than 95% of shonen villains but Chrollo and the royal guards and meruem are leagues better.

I totally agree with you..
I think he's a good character, but he's still really apart from the others villains. Hisoka's role is -I guess- being the principal "enemy" of Gon (well that role evolves during the anime, but at the very beginning that's how he's presented), while the others villains like Chrollo and Meruem have bigger and more destructive motivations..
Hisoka just wants to have fun, the others villains want to see the whole world burn LMAO
Mar 29, 2020 3:36 AM

Jul 2016
Some arcs in Hunter x hunter are kind of boring...keep in mind i´m talking about the 2011 version.For example,the zoldyck family arc really lacked a payoff.The heavens arc is really boring and was only important because it introduced nen,otherwise it would be completely pointless.You wouldn´t get much merit from the Greed island arc unless you were really into videogames,which i´m not so i didn´t like that arc either.
So I still feel pretty 50/50 about the anime because the good arcs such as hunter hunter exams,yorknew,and chimera ant are amazing.
And also,Killua is an interesting character but i don´t really like him as much as some people do.I actually didn´t like him at all at the beginning but i guess i disliked him a bit less once i saw the character development he went through in the chimera ant arc.
SummerynMar 29, 2020 3:41 AM
Mar 29, 2020 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
Missaliensan said:
Some arcs in Hunter x hunter are kind of boring...keep in mind i´m talking about the 2011 version.For example,the zoldyck family arc really lacked a payoff.The heavens arc is really boring and was only important because it introduced nen,otherwise it would be completely pointless.You wouldn´t get much merit from the Greed island arc unless you were really into videogames,which i´m not so i didn´t like that arc either.
So I still feel pretty 50/50 about the anime because the good arcs such as hunter hunter exams,yorknew,and chimera ant are amazing.
And also,Killua is an interesting character but i don´t really like him as much as some people do.I actually didn´t like him at all at the beginning but i guess i disliked him a bit less once i saw the character development he went through in the chimera ant arc.

IMO every arc have its qualities and its flaws, and I think they all are super interesting when you deeply analyze them. I agree that the Zoldyck Family Arc was pretty short, BUT, I think it was interesting to watch in which conditions Killua used to live. That family is super complicated and there are a lot of things to say on it..
Yeah I also think that the Heaven Arena Arc was.. kinda long. The nen explication were obviously useful for the rest of the anime, but yeah, except the famous fight of Gon against Hisoka, nothing really important happens here.
I used to really dislike the Greed Island arc, but talking with a friend makes me think twice about it. It is indeed a lot simpler arc than the Chimera Ant arc, or the Yorkshin arc, but it is useful to learn how determined Gon is. He literally sacrificed his arms to win against Genthru, which was pretty unexpected for a kid to go this far..
HAHA, well at the beginning I used to really like Kurapika, but the character's development of Killua is really heartbreaking and.. Yeah I just love that kid finally xD
Mar 29, 2020 4:25 AM

Jul 2016
liquidd0g said:
Missaliensan said:

IMO every arc have its qualities and its flaws, and I think they all are super interesting when you deeply analyze them. I agree that the Zoldyck Family Arc was pretty short, BUT, I think it was interesting to watch in which conditions Killua used to live. That family is super complicated and there are a lot of things to say on it..
Yeah I also think that the Heaven Arena Arc was.. kinda long. The nen explication were obviously useful for the rest of the anime, but yeah, except the famous fight of Gon against Hisoka, nothing really important happens here.
I used to really dislike the Greed Island arc, but talking with a friend makes me think twice about it. It is indeed a lot simpler arc than the Chimera Ant arc, or the Yorkshin arc, but it is useful to learn how determined Gon is. He literally sacrificed his arms to win against Genthru, which was pretty unexpected for a kid to go this far..
HAHA, well at the beginning I used to really like Kurapika, but the character's development of Killua is really heartbreaking and.. Yeah I just love that kid finally xD

I actually remember liking the Zoldyck family arc if you exclude the fact that it had no payoff.It's just that I didn't care that much about Killua as a character at the time so i wasn't really that invested in the conflict.But i agree,his family is kind of interesting.
Yeah i was pretty shocked too when Gon decided to sacrifice his arms,but obviously I had a feeling that he would get them back later anyways.That was still a pretty impactful moment regardless though.Still doesn't excuse how much of a drag the beginning of the arc was.The dodgeball match is great though,easily the best part of the arc imo.
Kurapika is cool,too bad he and Leorio got sidelined pretty soon and we don't get to see them much more after their respective character arcs are over.
Mar 29, 2020 12:15 PM
Feb 2019
I don't actually know if these are unpopular opinions or not but

1) Kite should have stayed dead. It undermines Gon's entire arc from the previous arc and basically makes it so he doesn't have to face any real consequences or grow from any real struggles. Meruem's sister should have been her own character, not a reincarnated Kite.

2) The Killua "Illumi needle" felt cheap and was such a letdown. Everything building up to that was brilliant and really set up an arc for Killua to overcome his traumatic upbringing and struggles through his own willpower, not because Illumi's needle got taken out and magically fixed all his problems.

3) I don't like Alluka. Well, I don't really mind her per se, but her character just feels really empty and disconnected from other characters. Like Togashi made a little sister trope character rather than a real character whose affected by the things that go on around her. The cutesy little sister personality still, as if nothing happened, despite having been locked in a prison for years, having no contact with any of her family, being treated as someone not only not a part of the family but not human altogether, and seemingly being abandoned and forgotten by the one family member who did care about her and was close to her. She doesn't even react to all the things that happen after that. Alluka was not raised the way the other Zoldycks were and taught combat, people, including her own family member, are trying to kill her, crazy shit is going on, and she just seems to not really be fazed or be affected by any of it. As if her only connection is to be Killua's cute imouto and go "ni-chan". I don't know, her character just feels too contrived and "we want you to like this cute little sister character" rather than it happening organically.

Nanika, on the other hand, is adorable.

4) Speaking of Nanika, the Killlua "secret rule" twist that he was hiding from the family was a total copout. It's revealed that Nanika has all these interesting and intricate rules, and that Killua knows more rules than the rest of his family by way of actually treating Alluka like a human being, so you think he's gonna know this one rule as a trump card that could potentially have him avoid the potential blowback from the big wish, but we would have never expected it would have been that he gets free unlimited wishes.

It shits not only on everything that came before it in this arc, but also even more things from the previous arc. He took Illumi's needle out before they even went back to East Geurtou, so why didn't he think to use Alluka before to get rid of the Ants or heal Kite? Not only that, it makes him ridiculously overpowered to the point that all future arcs are null and void. Anything he wants he can just ask Alluka and he gets it, as many times as he wants, for free.

Rather than him being Alluka/Nanika's closest person so he knows that she'll never ask the same person twice in a row, or that healing comes with no after effects as far as her asking the next person something huge, or him being able to double wish or anything else.

5) In addition to the above, I think the splitting up of Killua and Gon should have been done a bit differently. Like, because of the secret rule he knows and after having revealed it to Illumi, he leaves immediately with Alluka after healing Gon and dissapears, devoting himself to Alluka's protection, forcing Gon to want to "hunt" down Killua so he can finally apologize to him. It would be a bit of a reversal for their relationship, in contrast to Killua who was always chasing and following around Gon, Gon is the one who goes after Killua. Idk, I always felt that the sorry at the end of Election Arc was a bit understated considering everything that came before it and in addition to the lack of consequences regarding Kite, it just felt like Gon got off scott free on an emotional level after all the wack shit he did (not completely consequence free, obviously, as he apparently can't use Nen anymore).

That being said, HunterxHunter is still a masterpiece and none of the above mars that.
Mar 30, 2020 5:17 PM

Mar 2020
It sucks, does that count as unpopular opinion or should I write a long-ass text to prove it. Otherwise, I won't be doing that, Lmao
Mar 30, 2020 10:38 PM

Jul 2019
This is MY OPINION but Killua is overrated. I liked him at first but as the story progresses, I found him more and more annoying and uninteresting. And Gon too. I thought he was the cutest MC but after the Chimera Ant arc, fuck Gon.
Mar 30, 2020 10:40 PM

Jul 2019
franzdrake said:

Phantom Troupe and the royal guards stay underrated and it is a shame. I knew about Hisoka before I even started Hunter x Hunter and though he is interesting and funny, I thought half the Phantom Troupe members were more interesting.
Mar 30, 2020 10:41 PM

Jul 2019
Theo1899 said:

Yea I agree, after the first episode, I dropped it cause I thought it was boring and didn't pick it back up until months later. But what can they do, they had to start somewhere
Mar 30, 2020 10:44 PM

Dec 2019
guych said:
This is MY OPINION but Killua is overrated. I liked him at first but as the story progresses, I found him more and more annoying and uninteresting. And Gon too. I thought he was the cutest MC but after the Chimera Ant arc, fuck Gon.

Hmm i can understand about Killua but what made you dislike Gon? been a lot of time since i watched HxH but i remember how Gon turned badass when he fought Nefe.
                                                         πŸ–€   

Mar 31, 2020 12:33 AM

Jul 2019
Chimera Ant arc was unnecessarily long given the fact that it actually had only two interesting moments altogether - Komugi's and Meruem's relationship and Meruem vs. Netero fight.
Mar 31, 2020 3:12 AM
Jul 2018
NamikazeHime said:
Chimera Ant arc was unnecessarily long given the fact that it actually had only two interesting moments altogether - Komugi's and Meruem's relationship and Meruem vs. Netero fight.

Your opinion is interesting, I've answered to smth like this in another thread:

I'm sure a lot of people think that that arc is long, first because it's 61 episodes, and secondly because the narrator talks a lot.
Well, I must agree that the narrator at first really annoyed me -since he wasn't there in the other arcs-, and I indeed find the beginning pretty slow, BUT however I think the narrator is actually really useful! He explains what each character is doing and feeling, and since there is a lot of action at the same time at different places with different characters, without the narrator we'll totally be lost..

Take a look at this youtube video in which someone put every clip of the Palace Invasion without any narrative pause.. It's just a mess LMAO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTvK1REi8t4
Mar 31, 2020 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
Damerino said:
It sucks, does that count as unpopular opinion or should I write a long-ass text to prove it. Otherwise, I won't be doing that, Lmao

Well if you hate it I'm surprised you've answered this thread LMAO but your opinion is totally valid anyways
Mar 31, 2020 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
guych said:

I totally understand why you say Killua is overrated since he's a lot of person's favorite character (including me), but I think his backstory and abilities are pretty dope :)
However, why would you hate Gon after that arc??
Mar 31, 2020 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
TaryNico said:
I don't actually know if these are unpopular opinions or not but

1) Kite should have stayed dead. It undermines Gon's entire arc from the previous arc and basically makes it so he doesn't have to face any real consequences or grow from any real struggles. Meruem's sister should have been her own character, not a reincarnated Kite.

2) The Killua "Illumi needle" felt cheap and was such a letdown. Everything building up to that was brilliant and really set up an arc for Killua to overcome his traumatic upbringing and struggles through his own willpower, not because Illumi's needle got taken out and magically fixed all his problems.

3) I don't like Alluka. Well, I don't really mind her per se, but her character just feels really empty and disconnected from other characters. Like Togashi made a little sister trope character rather than a real character whose affected by the things that go on around her. The cutesy little sister personality still, as if nothing happened, despite having been locked in a prison for years, having no contact with any of her family, being treated as someone not only not a part of the family but not human altogether, and seemingly being abandoned and forgotten by the one family member who did care about her and was close to her. She doesn't even react to all the things that happen after that. Alluka was not raised the way the other Zoldycks were and taught combat, people, including her own family member, are trying to kill her, crazy shit is going on, and she just seems to not really be fazed or be affected by any of it. As if her only connection is to be Killua's cute imouto and go "ni-chan". I don't know, her character just feels too contrived and "we want you to like this cute little sister character" rather than it happening organically.

Nanika, on the other hand, is adorable.

4) Speaking of Nanika, the Killlua "secret rule" twist that he was hiding from the family was a total copout. It's revealed that Nanika has all these interesting and intricate rules, and that Killua knows more rules than the rest of his family by way of actually treating Alluka like a human being, so you think he's gonna know this one rule as a trump card that could potentially have him avoid the potential blowback from the big wish, but we would have never expected it would have been that he gets free unlimited wishes.

It shits not only on everything that came before it in this arc, but also even more things from the previous arc. He took Illumi's needle out before they even went back to East Geurtou, so why didn't he think to use Alluka before to get rid of the Ants or heal Kite? Not only that, it makes him ridiculously overpowered to the point that all future arcs are null and void. Anything he wants he can just ask Alluka and he gets it, as many times as he wants, for free.

Rather than him being Alluka/Nanika's closest person so he knows that she'll never ask the same person twice in a row, or that healing comes with no after effects as far as her asking the next person something huge, or him being able to double wish or anything else.

5) In addition to the above, I think the splitting up of Killua and Gon should have been done a bit differently. Like, because of the secret rule he knows and after having revealed it to Illumi, he leaves immediately with Alluka after healing Gon and dissapears, devoting himself to Alluka's protection, forcing Gon to want to "hunt" down Killua so he can finally apologize to him. It would be a bit of a reversal for their relationship, in contrast to Killua who was always chasing and following around Gon, Gon is the one who goes after Killua. Idk, I always felt that the sorry at the end of Election Arc was a bit understated considering everything that came before it and in addition to the lack of consequences regarding Kite, it just felt like Gon got off scott free on an emotional level after all the wack shit he did (not completely consequence free, obviously, as he apparently can't use Nen anymore).

That being said, HunterxHunter is still a masterpiece and none of the above mars that.

1) OKAY I totally agree with you on this point. It would have make a lot more sense if he stayed dead because his female version actually doesn't have a big impact on the plot :/ I think Togashi reincarnated Kite so that Gon could move on..

2) Yeah that's true. I didn't really understood when Illumi put this needle (and how??) but I think it would have been better for the character's development if Killua overcame his doubt and fears alone..

3) and 4) I actually really like this character and her relationship with Killua (because you can see his careful side and she's keeping him happy). NGL, I think this is one of the most "simple" character of HxH (as you said, she's not affected by anything that happens around her) and the fact that Killua can use her powers as he wants is indeed kinda weird. It could have been cool if in the last arc Killua had to deal with the "compensation" of Gon's saving. The arc could have been longer and.. yeah I agree that I was a bit disappointed with the whole "Nanika" thing was solved.

5) I AGREE their splitting up is just super weird and I was so disappointed by it :( And for Gon, as I said earlier, I think that he moved on surprisingly fast after all the horrors he lived through..

HAHA yeah, all of these opinions are related to the last arc and I must admit that this one wasn't as good as the other ones..
Mar 31, 2020 3:48 AM

Jul 2019
liquidd0g said:
NamikazeHime said:

I'm sure a lot of people think that that arc is long, first because it's 61 episodes, and secondly because the narrator talks a lot.
Well, I must agree that the narrator at first really annoyed me -since he wasn't there in the other arcs-, and I indeed find the beginning pretty slow, BUT however I think the narrator is actually really useful! He explains what each character is doing and feeling, and since there is a lot of action at the same time at different places with different characters, without the narrator we'll totally be lost..

Take a look at this youtube video in which someone put every clip of the Palace Invasion without any narrative pause.. It's just a mess LMAO

I'm already familiar with this video, but it didn't change my opinion whatsoever.
I wouldn't mind if Chimera Ant arc was 1000 episodes long if those episodes were actually interesting (most of my all time favorites are long-running series). But they were not. They were nowhere near interesting and entertaining as the earlier arcs (my personal favourite is York New arc). As I stated in the previous post, I liked Komugi's and Meruem's relationship and Netero vs. Meruem fight. Everything else felt bland. Most of the other chimeras were completely unnecessary. Even the top three - the only thing that I found interesting about them were Neferpitou's character design and the Dr. Blythe ability.
Mar 31, 2020 4:04 AM

Jul 2016
NamikazeHime said:
liquidd0g said:

I'm already familiar with this video, but it didn't change my opinion whatsoever.
I wouldn't mind if Chimera Ant arc was 1000 episodes long if those episodes were actually interesting (most of my all time favorites are long-running series). But they were not. They were nowhere near interesting and entertaining as the earlier arcs (my personal favourite is York New arc). As I stated in the previous post, I liked Komugi's and Meruem's relationship and Netero vs. Meruem fight. Everything else felt bland. Most of the other chimeras were completely unnecessary. Even the top three - the only thing that I found interesting about them were Neferpitou's character design and the Dr. Blythe ability.

In my opinion,even though you could argue that all of the fights were utimately pointless in the grand scheme of things,since the royal guards and meruem were all killed by the radiation,and the other remaining ants survived anyways,I still feel like the ants themselves were really interesting characters.For example,things such as Pouf´s villany,Welfin´s humanity got me pretty invested.
Mar 31, 2020 2:47 PM

Jul 2019
liquidd0g said:
guych said:

I totally understand why you say Killua is overrated since he's a lot of person's favorite character (including me), but I think his backstory and abilities are pretty dope :)
However, why would you hate Gon after that arc??

I thought the reason for his transformation was forced and rushed but I may be biased because somehow I'm always rooting for the villains. I liked the royal guards more and for Pitou to be hyped like that but only for her to end like that, I can't help it.
Mar 31, 2020 4:14 PM

Jul 2019
-EnvyV2- said:
guych said:

Hmm i can understand about Killua but what made you dislike Gon? been a lot of time since i watched HxH but i remember how Gon turned badass when he fought Nefe.

That is what I didn't like. His reason for his transformation was rushed and forced. Maybe I'm biased because I liked Pitou more but they just overhyped her to be killed like that
Apr 2, 2020 12:50 PM

Sep 2018
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I wasn't a fan of what became of Knov as the CA arc progressed. I understand that his mental breakdown was perhaps important to demonstrate Gon's resolve or to show the strength difference between the guards and the extermination team. However, I personally wanted to see more of his combat abilities...oh well. From a thematic standpoint, I appreciate how mental health is taken seriously (e.g. it is seen as a genuine disability as the extermination team was very understanding of Knov's current state and no one tried to tell him to "get over it")
Apr 4, 2020 9:30 AM

Aug 2019
liquidd0g said:
Theo1899 said:

Well I saw on other threads that quite a lot of people didn't like the Hunter Exam arc.. Personally, I really enjoyed this arc. I think the different tests were pretty original, same with the very ending. Who would have thought that the creepy needles guy was Killua's brother, Illumi? Also, imo this arc did a great job to introduce the different characters and their personality: the innocence of Gon, the rage of Kurapika, Leorio's motivations, Killua drinking the poison, Hisoka blowing someone's arms off, etc..
Tbh I don't see how HxH could have started otherwise, this arc is super iconic imo :)

I do agree with this one. At first, I didn't like the opening because I thought it was super basic, BUT after seeing the one of the Heaven Arena arc, I did finally enjoyed the song :) I think it was a real challenge for the studio to only use one song for all the opening, since every arc is super different!

HAHA, I personally think it depends of the characters.. For example, Kurapika and Leorio are super dope in the 1999 version, but I prefer the 2011 version of Hisoka and Killua because.. idk, it just fit more the idea I have of the characters xD

(Thanks for your message, it means a lot since it's the first thread I create here c:)

My thoughts exactly! I thought it was a great introductory arc for the characters. Plus, it had a lot of originality to it while also keeping a sort of classic feel to it

✦ anime list|my music|my discord: sladkesny#8952✦
Apr 4, 2020 2:39 PM

Jan 2017
1) i was never a fan of komugi and i didn't care about her relationship with meruem either, even though the series and it's fanbase make a big deal out of it. i understand that he has changed a lot because of her, but it still felt unnatural to me.

2) i didn't like how alluka/nanika appeared out of nowhere. her existence was never mentioned or even hinted, even though killua loves her so much, and i think she was only introduced as an excuse to save gon. her ability is kinda strange too. not only is it really fucking OP (she can literally accomplish anything), it's not even clear if it's related to nen.
Apr 5, 2020 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
ASAP_PHUNG said:
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but I wasn't a fan of what became of Knov as the CA arc progressed. I understand that his mental breakdown was perhaps important to demonstrate Gon's resolve or to show the strength difference between the guards and the extermination team. However, I personally wanted to see more of his combat abilities...oh well. From a thematic standpoint, I appreciate how mental health is taken seriously (e.g. it is seen as a genuine disability as the extermination team was very understanding of Knov's current state and no one tried to tell him to "get over it")

ahhh I understand what you mean. I loved Knov and his abilities and I was excited to see how he was going to fight against Meruem and the Royal Guard. So yeah it's a bit sad that he was "sacrificed" for the plot..
But yeah I agree that HxH takes mental health really seriously which is pretty rare in anime, and in any form of media in general.
Apr 5, 2020 4:05 AM

Mar 2013
Almost everything the 2011 series covered are great imo. But the latest arc (Succession War) in the manga is a big fking snore fest full with unnecessary exposition dump, but the fanboys eat it up and be like "urGh u jUst dOnt uNderStanD hOw cEreBraL iT is, iTs fOr sMarT ppL"

Probably the worst arc in the entire series. It doesnt help too when Togashi drop like 3 chapters in 2 years.
Apr 5, 2020 5:46 AM
Oct 2018
This show is overrated
Apr 5, 2020 6:22 AM

Aug 2019
maybe it's bc im not a manga reader, but i felt like that the author just stopped with kurapika. after the phantom troupe he had no other redeemable personality traits. doesn't also help that his abilities are specifically for them. but i cant see where his character can go after this. like thats it. the whole revenge story. that was his character.
Apr 5, 2020 6:33 AM
May 2018
I wish there was more of Leorio.
Apr 5, 2020 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
Shank_Man said:
Almost everything the 2011 series covered are great imo. But the latest arc (Succession War) in the manga is a big fking snore fest full with unnecessary exposition dump, but the fanboys eat it up and be like "urGh u jUst dOnt uNderStanD hOw cEreBraL iT is, iTs fOr sMarT ppL"

Probably the worst arc in the entire series. It doesnt help too when Togashi drop like 3 chapters in 2 years.

Ain't gonna lie, I haven't read the manga yet but I was planing to xD I guess I'll see if this arc is as bad as you said!
Apr 5, 2020 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
Kaneki5 said:
This show is overrated

I personally think it's a great and classic shonen with a complicated plot and good character development!
Apr 5, 2020 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
fuckgendo said:
maybe it's bc im not a manga reader, but i felt like that the author just stopped with kurapika. after the phantom troupe he had no other redeemable personality traits. doesn't also help that his abilities are specifically for them. but i cant see where his character can go after this. like thats it. the whole revenge story. that was his character.

aHHHH I agree, I was so sad that he disappeared after that arc. (I'm not sure but I think the last arc in the manga is actually about Kurapika, so if it's animated one day.. well Kurapika will be back HAHA)

Kurapika is a very interesting character, and the story about his revenge is actually not finished since at the end of the anime we can see him in front of all the red eyes! :) So we'll probably know soon or later what happened and how he got them
Apr 5, 2020 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
Psajdak said:
I wish there was more of Leorio.

I understand. We don't know a lot about him and he hasn't an important role even tho he's one of the main character.. Maybe in the last arcs of the manga? (I doubt tho)
Apr 5, 2020 7:03 AM

Sep 2014
HxH 1999 was bad, but still a lot better than HxH 2011.
Apr 5, 2020 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
I prefer 1999 and the OVA's to 2011, at least until the Chimera Atn arc hits.

It had better music, atmosphere, characterization, action scenes, animation, and a more mature feel which I preferred. Even the filler was well implemented to make the characters more lovable.

Also tfw no Gyro arc.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.