Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Kyokou Suiri Episode 12 Discussion

Mar 28, 2020 3:50 PM

ACasualViewer said:
This arc was definitely to long, the show if paced better could have stayed strong like the first few eps, however its largely let us down after that due to the pacing.

This arc was too long in the manga as well, something the author has never repeated the last time i looked.

Mar 28, 2020 3:52 PM
Anime Enthusiast

well that was nice end...overall an average show

Mar 28, 2020 3:55 PM
Pantsu = Shiny

ahhh this anime gets 12 episodes while Plunderer gets 24.. smh

but the next arc "Sleeping Murderer" was also good to be animated!!

lets hope for a second season

Mar 28, 2020 4:13 PM
Tatsuya said:
ACasualViewer said:
This arc was definitely to long, the show if paced better could have stayed strong like the first few eps, however its largely let us down after that due to the pacing.

This arc was too long in the manga as well, something the author has never repeated the last time i looked.

The arc was long because it was originally a novel that was then adapted into a manga. I don't think the author thought it was going to adapt into a manga or anime since the other arcs were not planed while this arc was being written.

Danae said:
While it certainly dragged at some points, even if it was heavy on dialogue I really liked the unique setting of this show. I wish the Steel Lady Nanase arc was a bit shorter so that there would be time for more character interactions and/ or character exploration. It was still really fun to watch and I will definitely take up the manga from the beginning.

the fact that this has a lower score than Darwin's Game shakes me to the core

You should have expected this to have a lower score then something like darwins game by episode two. Despite how much I love the series it doesn't have that much appeal for most of the anime watching audience, I'm surprised it's as popular as it was. Plus it had a lot going against it, there's to much-repeated dialogue, a lot of people seem to not just to not like Iwanaga, the Snake god arc gave people a false notation the season was going to be episodic, scenes even in the manga are very static though I would argue the manga does a better job with that, and some people were always going to find "small blonde girl shit post on wiki board" to be boring.
Modified by kingaron3, Mar 28, 2020 4:41 PM

Mar 28, 2020 4:26 PM
8/10 Iwanaga is a amazing protagonist and the best for me this season and the anime is good. Too much talk, but every episode feels like it was 5 minutes long.

Mar 28, 2020 5:02 PM

8/10. Kinda leaning toward 7.5 though. This would've been better as an episodic show covering a lot of small mysteries. Steel Lady Nanase arc was dragged out too much. Kotooko was easily the best part of this and I'm glad she'll be happy. I really liked the last bit with Kuro and Kotoko actually being kinda romantic for once

Mar 28, 2020 5:43 PM

I really liked this anime at first, it was clever and charming. I liked Zetsuen no Tempest which was written by the same author.

Miyano Mamoru made Kuro better than he actually is. He's quite boring otherwise. Kotoko is alright for me but gets too jealous often and its not cute when she acts like that.

It got worse with the Steel Nanase Arc, I thought it started to lack sense. That arc took way too long. The romantic scene at the end was cute, I like them together and I hope they get closer later on. It seems that he is still into his cousin now.

It's a 6/10 from me. I will definitely watch a season 2 though.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

So whenever you ask me again, how I feel.
Please remember my answer is you.

Mar 28, 2020 5:56 PM

As much as I love the witty dialogue, I have to agree that Nanase arc went on far too long. I didn't expect it to fill pretty much the entire season.

8/10 from me. Could've been 9/10 if it's better paced.

Mar 28, 2020 6:11 PM
This was a pretty good series, definitely good for people into ghosts and stuff.

Mar 28, 2020 6:35 PM

Well, its finally over, they defeated the ghost, but Rikka would be around. Saki went back to her job and Kurou and Kotoko to their normal life. Honestly, I barely enjoyed the show, glad it finished. Also, the creation of any kind of entity doesn’t seem to be related to Kurou (yokai powers), Rikka (youkai powers or Kotoko (youkai deity?), but the basis that the show managed made it seems like any regular human could be the origin of a violent ghost or something worse.

Mar 28, 2020 7:09 PM

a decent start for a somewhat clever and charmingly written show all to be ruined by one long boring ass arc that sucked any joy i had watching this dreading for it to be over.

6.5/10 maybe a second season will be more focused on smaller events
Kotooko was fun even if she was just another super thirsty waifu of the season wish she wasn't so pettie looking ,also show just looked consistently nice and had some good char designs and yokai's being pretty cute for once was nice shame the focus so much was around murders though more often than not the chill vibes got blown up

Mar 28, 2020 7:37 PM
katsu044 said:
a decent start for a somewhat clever and charmingly written show all to be ruined by one long boring ass arc that sucked any joy i had watching this dreading for it to be over.

6.5/10 maybe a second season will be more focused on smaller events
Kotooko was fun even if she was just another super thirsty waifu of the season wish she wasn't so pettie looking ,also show just looked consistently nice and had some good char designs and yokai's being pretty cute for once was nice shame the focus so much was around murders though more often than not the chill vibes got blown up

Well after steel lady nanase arc with be Kotoko and Kurou solving little cases that ends in 1 or 2 chapter and the next main arc which is the sleeping murder arc is much much shorter I assure you. But that really depends if you wanna read it or not and whether the studio will make another season which I am skeptical about considering the mixed feelings everyone been having.

Mar 28, 2020 7:45 PM
Overall a decent anime, enjoyable too and how they can make us think is great too. Maybe too much dialogue and too long for Nanase arc but yeah it's enjoyable to watch. Is there any info about another season?

Mar 28, 2020 8:32 PM
Jk9 said:
Overall a decent anime, enjoyable too and how they can make us think is great too. Maybe too much dialogue and too long for Nanase arc but yeah it's enjoyable to watch. Is there any info about another season?

Considering that a lot of people didn’t like how long Steel Lady Nanase arc dragged on. High chance that it’s unlikely but who knows, at least I can continue reading if that happens.

Mar 28, 2020 9:08 PM

7/10 Kotoko Iwanaga is best girl. Last arc was a little stretched out but I've heard it gets a lot better from here so I'm looking forward to a second season (of more Kotoko).

Mar 28, 2020 10:26 PM

That's it!?!?
it felt like only one or two cases huh...
hope there's more since they dragged Steel Lady Nanase for so long...
4/5.
6/10.

Mar 28, 2020 11:07 PM

I am genuinely glad this arc is done with. I guess I adore how Kuro Senpai finally shows a bit more sympathy to Iwanaga. I'm not a manga or LN reader for this series, but if I was making an honest assumption as an anime watcher, I see a lot of potential for their relationship.

Mar 29, 2020 12:24 AM

Aight, so I feel like I'm in the complete opposite from the popular opinion here... I didn't like the first few episodes... I actually thought the anime got BETTER as it went along! The long dialogue didn't bother me, since it was obvious this was supposed to be part of it. Overall I really enjoyed it, and I'd be fully committed to watching a second season!

Mar 29, 2020 12:37 AM

Guess Rikka will remain as the main "villain" for a while, uh? Not that I'm complaining tho, I'm actually fine with that since I consider her to be a rather peculiar antagonist. Her reason for creating Nanase (as an experiment, I guess) was convincing enough and the idea of having her creating a potential "God" someday has me highly interested, being honest.

This said, nice epilogue episode and lovely way to conclude the series by finally showing Kotoko and Kurou acting like a proper couple.

Overall, I wasn't expecting much at first but in the end, I'm glad I gave this series a chance. The plot was interesting, I liked the humor and though Nanase's arc had its ups and downs, I still found it quite entertaining to follow week by week. Besides, the heavy amount of exposition and dialogues were never a bother to me so I'm glad my enjoyment remained the same.
Now regarding cast, I think it could have been better. I mean, Kurou, Saki and Rikka are nice in their own way but honestly, Kotoko alone carried this show and was the main reason why I enjoyed it so much. She has so much presence the others were easily overshadowed by her and though I wouldn't have mind seeing her receiving all the focus, I think a more balance set of characters would have been more beneficial for the series but that's just me.

7/10 - Would definitely love a second season if that means more Kotoko's smugness and naughty comments.

Mar 29, 2020 1:25 AM

This anime bored me to death

5/10 and I'm being generous

Mar 29, 2020 2:09 AM

Glad that this ended. It was okay but I would like to see more romance between Kuro and Iwanaga

Mar 29, 2020 2:23 AM

This would have been better if they didn't focused too much on that Steel Lady Nanase. It started good but because of that long ass arc it became boring. But I really liked Kotoko and Kuro's relationship so 6/10.
Not sure which is more toxic. Social media or MAL anime reviews.

Mar 29, 2020 2:42 AM

Decent overall. Was reading manga so got interested in adaptation. Remember the beginning was pretty good and the translation stopped somewhere around Steel lady Nanase arc. Well that arc was rather dull.
Don't think there will be 2nd season.
Overall 6/10

Mar 29, 2020 2:45 AM

This is a series that should have had 24 episodes because the Steel Nanase Arc was way too damn long and dominated the entire show's run. It was definitely an interesting series but I feel like ultimately the main thing that keeps it interesting is the witty character dialogue. 6/10
Don't believe the hype.

Mar 29, 2020 4:17 AM

1.wasted potential
2.weak arc dragged on for too long
3.literal deus exmachina for a main character (iwanaga)
4.boring uninteresting emotionless MarySue love interest (Kuro)
5.useless supporting character (useless lady police) literally just there for exposition

I could go on forever lol, Rikka would probably be a better main character, interesting and complex

I'm still bothered by how trash and anecdotal her arguments are tho definitely better compared to previous episodes but her plan is still reliant on stupid anons believing her anecdotal lies, if there's at least one intellectual in that forum, her whole plan is ruined, this is just terrible writing, she won coz plot

4/10
Modified by Noisrev, Mar 29, 2020 4:20 AM

Mar 29, 2020 4:25 AM

Steel Girl Nanase arc was too long and felt dragged out. Halfway through the arc I was becoming bored and tbh the whole premise wasn't that interesting. The first half of the show was definitely better and I expect that the anime probably didn't do the manga justice. I do love the artstyle for this show. It's a solid 6/10

Mar 29, 2020 5:25 AM

6/10 because of the second arc, that lasted over 6 episodes for just one youkai. I wanted to see more youkais or even more development for the main characters like that episode about Kuro. But I guess that is impossible now. The animation, music and the first arc are great tho.

Mar 29, 2020 5:50 AM

is there going to be a season 2?

Mar 29, 2020 6:35 AM

Liked the characters, the supernatural elements, the mystery and the length of the Nanase arc. Not outstanding in any department,but a nice mix imo and thus one of the most enjoyable shows this season.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation

Mar 29, 2020 6:48 AM

yeah steel nanase arc completely destroyed this anime rating ..
but not too bad at all !!

8/10

Mar 29, 2020 7:57 AM

how the hell is Kotoko any harder to say than Iwanaga? if anything Iwanaga is longer so it's harder :v

anyway, i'm not the biggest fan of stuff like detective and mysteries and all thatstuff, but, even tho there were some long conversations and lots of random stuff like the snake chapter... the way the 3 characters interacted was fun to watch, and seeing some of their theories was interesting

i guess i'll go with a 6/10 as a balance of fun stuff and boring stuff makes a neutral score haha
Modified by winddevil1, Mar 29, 2020 8:26 AM
fav "new" girls winter season <3 click sig for more __________ delivery link

Mar 29, 2020 8:54 AM

I really enjoyed this anime in general. Yes the pacing was slow and there was a lot of dialogue, which when it's subbed can be a detractor for me. But I just found the central characters interactions (Iwanga > Kuro > Saki-san) worked so well that it kept me engaged during the final battle with Nanase.

Mainly I wanted to see Kuro and Iwanaga together (I have no idea why she doesn't like her given name, Kotoko, I think it's lovely and rolls off the tongue, but I'm Western, so maybe it's easier for me to say). The scene when they fall onto the bed and she's just got out of the shower, so adorable (also when she says "let me have your banana later & he blushes).

Kotoko is easily my best girl of the season. I love the contrast between her frail, damaged body & her fiery, quizzical, nuanced nature, not too mention her soft beauty. She wasn't sexy, so much as intriguing in terms of her physical beauty. She is defo girlfriend material, for me anyway, that type of self-confident manner she displays is something I find it very attractive in women.

That was a good ending to one of my favourite shows of the season. Hope we get an OVA! Gave it an 8/10.
Modified by 23feanor, Mar 29, 2020 9:00 AM

Mar 29, 2020 9:21 AM

Well, its been a very enjoyable show. Slow but not too slow in some of the closing eps. I think it went in a little heavy as a running commentary about news, fake news and human perception but poignant I guess of today's always switched on society.

Besides, loved MC's chat up lines at the end. Seen through easily but effective non the less. Great show, loved it.

Only you know what you've seen, heard, and felt. Someone else's opinion is irrelevant. It belongs to you.

Mar 29, 2020 9:27 AM
Those who want season 2 buy and read source material because season 2 never. Accept this fact.

Mar 29, 2020 10:45 AM

Quite an enjoyable show, liked a lot that revelation that Kurou was avoiding Iwanaga to protect her since she is actually the careless of the two, and that interaction on that bridge was 10/10 that was the perfect exchange to show a cute couple, I wonder how many times he had to die to get a future with the perfect lines lol.

Mar 29, 2020 11:31 AM

What I liked:
- The romance between Iwanaga and Kuro
- Iwanaga
- The OP and ED

What I didn't like:
- So much exposition!
- The pacing of the Nanase arc. A 6 episode arc was stretched to 12 episodes.
- The villain, Rikka and her motivation
- the fight scenes. So much of the last few episodes was Kuro fighting with Nanase but it was all extremely boring.

I'll watch a season 2 if it ever comes out but only for the characters.
5/10

Mar 29, 2020 11:59 AM

I liked this show overall, didn't expect anything particular so it turned out to be a good surprise. Honestly a very calm but also funny anime which introduced me to the basics basic of the Japanese supernatural culture.

However, the story itself and the amount of information given (about supernatural, legends etc) were not the best points of this show in my opinion. The point which made me appreciate the whole show was simply the characters : only 3 main characters but their personalities and relations between each others appeared to be really entertaining.

Mar 29, 2020 12:18 PM

This episode is another reminder as to why Kotoko is arguably the best girl this season.

Her constant pouting and annoyed faces were funny, but when Kuro played off such a smooth comment to her near the end of the episode, she gave off such an adorable blushing face. If that's the reward us viewers get after these 12 episodes, then I'm happy with that! ^_^

Overall, this show was certainly interesting. The style of the Steel Lady Nanase arc being 10 episodes long would be a test for anyone's patience and although I thoroughly enjoyed this arc, it did get a little too slow at times. It's not an arc that you can cut in half just to "make things flow quicker" as that would make the arc a lot worse.

Still, the chemistry between Kuro and Kotoko was fun to watch, and the ED song is one of my favourites this season. All in all, I'll rate this a 7/10. I'll definitely check out the manga sometime in the future. =)

Mar 29, 2020 12:46 PM

I believe Kuro does have feeling for Kotoko.
It was fun, but they spent so much time in the Steel Nanase Arc that I got bored, it was like 3 episodes or so of Kotoko's explanation on internet...the start was pretty nice, but really, this last arc was a pain.

Mar 29, 2020 12:52 PM

Great characters stuck in a terribly written script. Such a shame.

The ep was 4/5, the show: 5/10. If S2 ever happens, I just hope someone competent is going to be responsible for the script and direction. Honestly, I do think the source material deserves it.

Mar 29, 2020 1:16 PM

I'm torn about this anime. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be but I also did still enjoy it. I feel like the Steel Lady Nanase arc really didn't need to be that long and overall, it could've done with a bit more oomph... like either adding some action or making the romance between Iwanaga & Kuro more prominent.

As a side note, I really liked hearing Mamoru Miyano take on a more serious role though, that was great!

Mar 29, 2020 1:23 PM
Satisfying ending to the show. I agree the second arc dragged out too long and the pacing was slow. Great wrap up overall.

7/10

Mar 29, 2020 3:10 PM

Yawn. The Steel Lady Arc was like reading a fucking book. The action wasn't even that good.
The only good thing out of this anime were the Opening, The Ending, an Saki.

6/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Winter 2021 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 29, 2020 3:25 PM
Too good in the beginning and went down in the latest episode.. if ur searching for a romantic anime I recommend not watching it but if your searching for something like detective conan then I highly suggest you watch it

Mar 29, 2020 3:40 PM
Shōjo Specialist

I only ask that I get to partake of your banana later, Kuro-sempai.

👄 🍌 ❤️

Mar 29, 2020 5:12 PM

SoraSenpai said:
Yawn. The Steel Lady Arc was like reading a fucking book. The action wasn't even that good.
The only good thing out of this anime were the Opening, The Ending, an Saki.

6/10
geez it's almost like this isn't a action show it's a mystery/romance show. the trailers even said that it's a MYSTERY romance show. Not a shonen battle anime. holy shit you people are dense.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Mar 29, 2020 6:31 PM

Ashhk said:
Yeah pacing was a bit too slow but it's a part of the show, I really enjoyed all the explanations and even if it was slow all the episodes felt like 5 minutes, for me it was really great, I want to read the manga now.

Thats just it,for me,the dialogues were just one of the things that made this series,along with the excellent music,OP/ED titles,and the characterization was on point.If you read the manga,you'll see what I mean.The manga does seem to flow at the same pace as the anime,but it just pulls you in anyway.

The thing for me that really shone was the characters,Kotoko especially,I found her to be cute,witty,sassy and slightly mesmerizing,which i think was down to the author and also the voice actress.I also think that nearly all the CV's in this did an excellent job,as did the animators.
Heres to hoping we see more of Kotoko and Kuro in the near future.
On a quick side note,I thought that skeleton yokai was hilarious scaring Saki like that,and of course the banana joke,Kotoko just had to do it :)

Mar 29, 2020 6:34 PM

ZKisara said:
AddaeAkono said:
I enjoyed this anime even though there were times that I felt like the anime was dragging in the Steel Beam Nanase arc. Kotoko having no filter makes the anime worth watching.

I give this series a 7/10 because Kotoko is best girl.

Out of curiosity, is the manga worth reading?

If you can tolerate all the talking then yeah, Steel lady nanase arc is a long one and the normal mysteries usually go for 1 chapter or 2, the next arc of only consist of 4 chapter which is way way shorter than Steel lady nanase.
Tbh, the manga does it better than the anime, there is a lot more explanation and it’s much more clearer. There were also bonus chapters which consist of skits that were not animated so that’s something to look forward to.

I have to agree with you there,the bonus chapters do tend to break up the long arcs in the main stories in the manga(esp the exorcism bonus in Vol 4,that had me in tears),and the manga is well worth reading.

Mar 29, 2020 6:48 PM

biggest disappointment of winter 2020. could've been so good but went to shit.

Mar 29, 2020 7:14 PM
Pro Shonen Dork

Pacing was brutal on this one, didn't really feel a genuine connection between Kuro and Iwanaga. 6/10 for me.
What a beautiful Duwang

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store