Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Kyokou Suiri Episode 12 Discussion

Mar 28, 2020 1:08 PM
I liked the beginning of the anime, but from the middle to the end.
It was boring and always focusing on the Nanase case until the end.
They could have enjoyed the script more and put more situations and enjoy the characters more.

Mar 28, 2020 1:14 PM

Saki has given up on kuro I was hoping if she fought kotoko over kuro

Mar 28, 2020 1:27 PM

Kyokou Suiri started off strong, with a fun premise, but started to really slow down, towards the middle of the series - And I felt like multiple episodes of just exposition really killed it's momentum.

Overall, it was an enjoyable series that I'd definitely like a 2nd season to, but I wouldn't be the most heartbroken if it didn't come to fruition.

7/10.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Mar 28, 2020 1:29 PM

I liked this anime, I tend to like dialog heavy shows with a certain intrigue aspect to it. I think the pacing was a bit off at times, but overall fine. Some episodes ended in a really odd place.
I checked out the manga and the chapters are really long
So my conclusion is that maybe the chapters were too long to be adapted in a 25 min format (?)

8/10 (High 7)

Mar 28, 2020 1:38 PM

This anime wasn't too bad tbh, but it also wasn't that great either. I liked the concept but I wasn't really a huge fan of one case taking up practically the entire season. Still, it was pretty fun to see them planning how to defeat SLN, and then actually putting that plan into practice (even if things seemed farfetched at times). I wouldn't be opposed to a second season but it probably won't get one, which also doesn't particularly upset me.
"MAPPA is saving anime. I have spoken."

-Hayao Miyazaki, 2020 (source: dude trust me lol)

Mar 28, 2020 1:44 PM

It was an alright episode, I guess.

Overall, this anime was disappointing. It has started as a very interesting and entertaining one, but became more and more boring by each episode.

It wasn't that bad, good for a one time watch. 7/10

Mar 28, 2020 1:50 PM
fanservice<3

wait, what the fuck? why'd the score drop like that?

Mar 28, 2020 2:02 PM

OMG Kotoko was so cute. And Kitou Akari was perfect as her.
9/10. Definitely my favorite series of this season next to Railgun T.
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Mar 28, 2020 2:06 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

-Aincrad- said:

Overall, this anime was disappointing. It has started as a very interesting and entertaining one, but became more and more boring by each episode.

Agreed. I do enjoy character interaction & plot exposition to a point, but this last arc could have easily been wrapped up in half as many episodes 😕
Like Tom Servo once said, “It's like they have two servings of tension that they're trying to stretch out for seven people.” 😆
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”

Mar 28, 2020 2:10 PM

8/10 anime overall

Mar 28, 2020 2:18 PM

Good show, the direction it took may be somewhat questionable since i expected a lot more emphasis on the youkai aspect of the show and more character interactions between Iwanaga and Kuro. Either way it was executed pretty well and i found it enjoyable all the way through the end. 8/10

Mar 28, 2020 2:24 PM

While it certainly dragged at some points, even if it was heavy on dialogue I really liked the unique setting of this show. I wish the Steel Lady Nanase arc was a bit shorter so that there would be time for more character interactions and/ or character exploration. It was still really fun to watch and I will definitely take up the manga from the beginning.

the fact that this has a lower score than Darwin's Game shakes me to the core
"He's already special. Because he was... born into this world."

Mar 28, 2020 2:25 PM
Glad Iwanaga got her man this time

Mar 28, 2020 2:40 PM
AddaeAkono said:
I enjoyed this anime even though there were times that I felt like the anime was dragging in the Steel Beam Nanase arc. Kotoko having no filter makes the anime worth watching.

I give this series a 7/10 because Kotoko is best girl.

Out of curiosity, is the manga worth reading?

If you can tolerate all the talking then yeah, Steel lady nanase arc is a long one and the normal mysteries usually go for 1 chapter or 2, the next arc of only consist of 4 chapter which is way way shorter than Steel lady nanase.
Tbh, the manga does it better than the anime, there is a lot more explanation and it’s much more clearer. There were also bonus chapters which consist of skits that were not animated so that’s something to look forward to.

Mar 28, 2020 2:44 PM
gappasaurus said:
-Aincrad- said:

Agreed. I do enjoy character interaction & plot exposition to a point, but this last arc could have easily been wrapped up in half as many episodes 😕
Like Tom Servo once said, “It's like they have two servings of tension that they're trying to stretch out for seven people.” 😆

Not really, if it was shortened. It would be EXTREMELY RUSHED, take it from a manga reader.

Mar 28, 2020 2:44 PM

That was a really nice ending. I didn't expect those words from Kuro.

Kotoko with her dirty jokes lol. She really made the show fun. She's best girl of the show but I also loved Saki; from her design to her personality and how afraid she is of spirits, I'm gonna miss her.

Very good show! This was one of my favourites at the start of the season but while it never bored me, I feel that Nanase's arc dragged out a bit too much.
Modified by SkyLETV, Mar 28, 2020 11:08 PM

Mar 28, 2020 2:47 PM

The Steel Lady arc was a boring disappointment. The series started with a very good pace and the final episode was quite charming.

It's a shame they wasted so much time on a single arc. I would prefer that they did a monster of the week (or two weeks) series. This story has a lot of potential but it was wasted this season. I don't know if I'd watch a second one.

6/10 for me

Mar 28, 2020 2:50 PM

Man, the Steel lady nanase arc was boring as hell... It definitely affected my enjoyment for the show.

Mar 28, 2020 2:58 PM
Overthinker

The romantic bits at the end felt kinda forced. I can accept Kuro wants to Iwagana safe from danger and wants her to be happy in spite of not having romantic feelings, but what's with the one liners. I like their love/"hate" relationship. It's central to the comedy.

This wasn't a bad series but it had horrible pacing. The concept was solid and the humor worked. It even had a good setup for more seasons. But the execution wasn't great. If it was more condensed then it would have worked better. I don't mind anime with lots of dialogue. But other mystery series had a sense where every episode matter and most had an impact. This one didn't. Even the first few episodes really didn't make it clear why Iwagana's role is important/fascinating. If they cut out the snake episodes & shortened the "investigation"/explaining everything to Maki portions, this could have worked.

But since this is a manga adaptation, they planned to end it with this arc, and have it all be twelve episodes, there was only so much that could be done. I'd watch a second season but hope they improve the pacing.

Side note: I heard Blast of Tempest was written by the same person. Why is this author so good at giving such great stories that ultimately do not live up to my expectations. Both were 6/10 for me

Mar 28, 2020 3:36 PM

8/10 for me. Personally I liked it. Kotoko really made it shine. The end of the steel lady was a bit anticlimatic though. Why tease it in the previous episode and literally end it in 34 seconds at the start of the last lol. But at least we got a decent closure and it's left open enough in case it could ever get another season.

Mar 28, 2020 3:50 PM

ACasualViewer said:
This arc was definitely to long, the show if paced better could have stayed strong like the first few eps, however its largely let us down after that due to the pacing.

This arc was too long in the manga as well, something the author has never repeated the last time i looked.

Mar 28, 2020 3:52 PM
Anime Enthusiast

well that was nice end...overall an average show

Mar 28, 2020 3:55 PM
Pantsu = Shiny

ahhh this anime gets 12 episodes while Plunderer gets 24.. smh

but the next arc "Sleeping Murderer" was also good to be animated!!

lets hope for a second season

Mar 28, 2020 4:13 PM
Tatsuya said:
ACasualViewer said:
This arc was definitely to long, the show if paced better could have stayed strong like the first few eps, however its largely let us down after that due to the pacing.

This arc was too long in the manga as well, something the author has never repeated the last time i looked.

The arc was long because it was originally a novel that was then adapted into a manga. I don't think the author thought it was going to adapt into a manga or anime since the other arcs were not planed while this arc was being written.

Danae said:
While it certainly dragged at some points, even if it was heavy on dialogue I really liked the unique setting of this show. I wish the Steel Lady Nanase arc was a bit shorter so that there would be time for more character interactions and/ or character exploration. It was still really fun to watch and I will definitely take up the manga from the beginning.

the fact that this has a lower score than Darwin's Game shakes me to the core

You should have expected this to have a lower score then something like darwins game by episode two. Despite how much I love the series it doesn't have that much appeal for most of the anime watching audience, I'm surprised it's as popular as it was. Plus it had a lot going against it, there's to much-repeated dialogue, a lot of people seem to not just to not like Iwanaga, the Snake god arc gave people a false notation the season was going to be episodic, scenes even in the manga are very static though I would argue the manga does a better job with that, and some people were always going to find "small blonde girl shit post on wiki board" to be boring.
Modified by kingaron3, Mar 28, 2020 4:41 PM

Mar 28, 2020 4:26 PM
8/10 Iwanaga is a amazing protagonist and the best for me this season and the anime is good. Too much talk, but every episode feels like it was 5 minutes long.

Mar 28, 2020 5:02 PM

8/10. Kinda leaning toward 7.5 though. This would've been better as an episodic show covering a lot of small mysteries. Steel Lady Nanase arc was dragged out too much. Kotooko was easily the best part of this and I'm glad she'll be happy. I really liked the last bit with Kuro and Kotoko actually being kinda romantic for once

Mar 28, 2020 5:43 PM

I really liked this anime at first, it was clever and charming. I liked Zetsuen no Tempest which was written by the same author.

Miyano Mamoru made Kuro better than he actually is. He's quite boring otherwise. Kotoko is alright for me but gets too jealous often and its not cute when she acts like that.

It got worse with the Steel Nanase Arc, I thought it started to lack sense. That arc took way too long. The romantic scene at the end was cute, I like them together and I hope they get closer later on. It seems that he is still into his cousin now.

It's a 6/10 from me. I will definitely watch a season 2 though.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

So whenever you ask me again, how I feel.
Please remember my answer is you.

Mar 28, 2020 5:56 PM

As much as I love the witty dialogue, I have to agree that Nanase arc went on far too long. I didn't expect it to fill pretty much the entire season.

8/10 from me. Could've been 9/10 if it's better paced.

Mar 28, 2020 6:11 PM
This was a pretty good series, definitely good for people into ghosts and stuff.

Mar 28, 2020 6:35 PM

Well, its finally over, they defeated the ghost, but Rikka would be around. Saki went back to her job and Kurou and Kotoko to their normal life. Honestly, I barely enjoyed the show, glad it finished. Also, the creation of any kind of entity doesn’t seem to be related to Kurou (yokai powers), Rikka (youkai powers or Kotoko (youkai deity?), but the basis that the show managed made it seems like any regular human could be the origin of a violent ghost or something worse.

Mar 28, 2020 7:09 PM

a decent start for a somewhat clever and charmingly written show all to be ruined by one long boring ass arc that sucked any joy i had watching this dreading for it to be over.

6.5/10 maybe a second season will be more focused on smaller events
Kotooko was fun even if she was just another super thirsty waifu of the season wish she wasn't so pettie looking ,also show just looked consistently nice and had some good char designs and yokai's being pretty cute for once was nice shame the focus so much was around murders though more often than not the chill vibes got blown up

Mar 28, 2020 7:37 PM
katsu044 said:
a decent start for a somewhat clever and charmingly written show all to be ruined by one long boring ass arc that sucked any joy i had watching this dreading for it to be over.

6.5/10 maybe a second season will be more focused on smaller events
Kotooko was fun even if she was just another super thirsty waifu of the season wish she wasn't so pettie looking ,also show just looked consistently nice and had some good char designs and yokai's being pretty cute for once was nice shame the focus so much was around murders though more often than not the chill vibes got blown up

Well after steel lady nanase arc with be Kotoko and Kurou solving little cases that ends in 1 or 2 chapter and the next main arc which is the sleeping murder arc is much much shorter I assure you. But that really depends if you wanna read it or not and whether the studio will make another season which I am skeptical about considering the mixed feelings everyone been having.

Mar 28, 2020 7:45 PM
Overall a decent anime, enjoyable too and how they can make us think is great too. Maybe too much dialogue and too long for Nanase arc but yeah it's enjoyable to watch. Is there any info about another season?

Mar 28, 2020 8:32 PM
Jk9 said:
Overall a decent anime, enjoyable too and how they can make us think is great too. Maybe too much dialogue and too long for Nanase arc but yeah it's enjoyable to watch. Is there any info about another season?

Considering that a lot of people didn’t like how long Steel Lady Nanase arc dragged on. High chance that it’s unlikely but who knows, at least I can continue reading if that happens.

Mar 28, 2020 9:08 PM

7/10 Kotoko Iwanaga is best girl. Last arc was a little stretched out but I've heard it gets a lot better from here so I'm looking forward to a second season (of more Kotoko).

Mar 28, 2020 10:26 PM

That's it!?!?
it felt like only one or two cases huh...
hope there's more since they dragged Steel Lady Nanase for so long...
4/5.
6/10.

Mar 28, 2020 11:07 PM

I am genuinely glad this arc is done with. I guess I adore how Kuro Senpai finally shows a bit more sympathy to Iwanaga. I'm not a manga or LN reader for this series, but if I was making an honest assumption as an anime watcher, I see a lot of potential for their relationship.

Mar 29, 2020 12:24 AM

Aight, so I feel like I'm in the complete opposite from the popular opinion here... I didn't like the first few episodes... I actually thought the anime got BETTER as it went along! The long dialogue didn't bother me, since it was obvious this was supposed to be part of it. Overall I really enjoyed it, and I'd be fully committed to watching a second season!

Mar 29, 2020 12:37 AM

Guess Rikka will remain as the main "villain" for a while, uh? Not that I'm complaining tho, I'm actually fine with that since I consider her to be a rather peculiar antagonist. Her reason for creating Nanase (as an experiment, I guess) was convincing enough and the idea of having her creating a potential "God" someday has me highly interested, being honest.

This said, nice epilogue episode and lovely way to conclude the series by finally showing Kotoko and Kurou acting like a proper couple.

Overall, I wasn't expecting much at first but in the end, I'm glad I gave this series a chance. The plot was interesting, I liked the humor and though Nanase's arc had its ups and downs, I still found it quite entertaining to follow week by week. Besides, the heavy amount of exposition and dialogues were never a bother to me so I'm glad my enjoyment remained the same.
Now regarding cast, I think it could have been better. I mean, Kurou, Saki and Rikka are nice in their own way but honestly, Kotoko alone carried this show and was the main reason why I enjoyed it so much. She has so much presence the others were easily overshadowed by her and though I wouldn't have mind seeing her receiving all the focus, I think a more balance set of characters would have been more beneficial for the series but that's just me.

7/10 - Would definitely love a second season if that means more Kotoko's smugness and naughty comments.

Mar 29, 2020 1:25 AM

This anime bored me to death

5/10 and I'm being generous

Mar 29, 2020 2:09 AM

Glad that this ended. It was okay but I would like to see more romance between Kuro and Iwanaga

Mar 29, 2020 2:23 AM

This would have been better if they didn't focused too much on that Steel Lady Nanase. It started good but because of that long ass arc it became boring. But I really liked Kotoko and Kuro's relationship so 6/10.
Not sure which is more toxic. Social media or MAL anime reviews.

Mar 29, 2020 2:42 AM

Decent overall. Was reading manga so got interested in adaptation. Remember the beginning was pretty good and the translation stopped somewhere around Steel lady Nanase arc. Well that arc was rather dull.
Don't think there will be 2nd season.
Overall 6/10

Mar 29, 2020 2:45 AM

This is a series that should have had 24 episodes because the Steel Nanase Arc was way too damn long and dominated the entire show's run. It was definitely an interesting series but I feel like ultimately the main thing that keeps it interesting is the witty character dialogue. 6/10
Don't believe the hype.

Mar 29, 2020 4:17 AM

1.wasted potential
2.weak arc dragged on for too long
3.literal deus exmachina for a main character (iwanaga)
4.boring uninteresting emotionless MarySue love interest (Kuro)
5.useless supporting character (useless lady police) literally just there for exposition

I could go on forever lol, Rikka would probably be a better main character, interesting and complex

I'm still bothered by how trash and anecdotal her arguments are tho definitely better compared to previous episodes but her plan is still reliant on stupid anons believing her anecdotal lies, if there's at least one intellectual in that forum, her whole plan is ruined, this is just terrible writing, she won coz plot

4/10
Modified by Noisrev, Mar 29, 2020 4:20 AM

Mar 29, 2020 4:25 AM

Steel Girl Nanase arc was too long and felt dragged out. Halfway through the arc I was becoming bored and tbh the whole premise wasn't that interesting. The first half of the show was definitely better and I expect that the anime probably didn't do the manga justice. I do love the artstyle for this show. It's a solid 6/10

Mar 29, 2020 5:25 AM

6/10 because of the second arc, that lasted over 6 episodes for just one youkai. I wanted to see more youkais or even more development for the main characters like that episode about Kuro. But I guess that is impossible now. The animation, music and the first arc are great tho.

Mar 29, 2020 5:50 AM

is there going to be a season 2?

Mar 29, 2020 6:35 AM

Liked the characters, the supernatural elements, the mystery and the length of the Nanase arc. Not outstanding in any department,but a nice mix imo and thus one of the most enjoyable shows this season.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation

Mar 29, 2020 6:48 AM

yeah steel nanase arc completely destroyed this anime rating ..
but not too bad at all !!

8/10

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store