Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2020 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aye, all these youkai showing up again and celebrating with Kotoko. She deserves it after all that problem solving.

Seriously, about time they wrapped up this Steel Lady Nanase arc. Kuro again had some time to catch up with Saki after all this drama. Kotoko is still her usual self with her goofy personality. She just jumps right into Kuro while wearing just a bath rope lol. I think this anime overall was okay, nothing too special but watchable on most parts. I wish it's longer than 12 episodes so they could of explored other elements of the novel/manga.
Mar 28, 2020 9:52 AM

Aug 2017
Bro, the second arc was really long lol.

I am a bit disappointed with this anime. It had such a strong start and the dialogue from the second episode, which many did not like, seemed quite entertaining and consistent. Too bad when they introduced Rikka's character in person (ep 8), the show went downhill quickly. All 4 solutions lack coherence and it didn't help that we only saw Kuro being beaten while I was listening to idiots and a loli arguing in a forum. And Rikka hurting herself was so unnecessary that it made me laugh.

Disappointment! 5/10 for the anime
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2020 9:54 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This arc was definitely to long, the show if paced better could have stayed strong like the first few eps, however its largely let us down after that due to the pacing.
Mar 28, 2020 9:54 AM

Dec 2017
so after 4 episodes of Kotoko fighting on 4chan, they finally defeat Nanase Karin and the site is deleted

honestly, the whole idea of these galaxy brain strategies against someone who can predict the future is interesting, but the execution was truly a snoozefest. well, it's not a bad show overall. ofc the highlight of the show are the character interactions, especially Kotoko's and Kuro's
Mar 28, 2020 10:05 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah pacing was a bit too slow but it's a part of the show, I really enjoyed all the explanations and even if it was slow all the episodes felt like 5 minutes, for me it was really great, I want to read the manga now.
Mar 28, 2020 10:41 AM
Jul 2018
I hope for season 2 ,
still kuro did not confront rikka
Mar 28, 2020 11:27 AM

Jul 2017
yep as I expected this season focused solely on the SLN arc. It was nice seeing all the logical deductions and bullshitting but I think the overall issue with the series as a whole (even with the source) is that it tends to drag things on a bit toooo much. Still though I do like how 4chan didn't just accept the bs at first and it took a lot of winding paths in order to shift things

but I still liked it, Kotoko was easily best girl this season and her interactions with Saki and Kuro were hilarious to watch. Animation as well I thought it would drop off a lot but still managed to stay pretty consistent

Feels so weird seeing Akari Kitou speaking so much after being basically mute in Demon Slayer :P

Tereda died for 4chans sins/10
Mar 28, 2020 11:34 AM

Feb 2019
Final ep! Here we go, what a ride. Bitter sweet. Happy to see the conclusion of the nanase fight, sad to see the show end 😔

Aw, all of the Yokai coming out and celebrating with kotoko was the cutest thing ever

So Rikka is still going to be out there causing problems, most likely with Kotoko as her target that’s going to be interesting for shre

“You reek of saki san” lol that whole hotel sequence was hilarious. Pouting kotoko is adorable.

“But you’re prettier than any flower, so I haven’t sent you back home yet” YES KING. I still think Saki-san best girl but I respect the ship a lot more now

What a great conclusion to an awesome series. Ending looked pretty final so I guess it’s onto the manga for now, still have to finish the one volume I bought a couple months ago lol
Mar 28, 2020 11:38 AM
Jul 2018
This truly was a test of my ability to finish off an entire cour of a bad anime. 4wordswordswords out of 10
Mar 28, 2020 11:42 AM

Oct 2017
This was a good season finale. Rikka san admitted defeat for now but she might come after Kotoko someday huh. Well I'm sure Kurou will be there to save her if that happens. Also there were some really sweet Kotoko x Kurou moments.

Great anime, really enjoyed every episode. Rikka san was really dangerous but she's really gorgeous too. I really liked her character. Hoping for a new season.
MegamiRemMar 28, 2020 10:12 PM
Mar 28, 2020 12:08 PM

Jan 2016
And so this anime ends. I have to commend the people who found it boring to be able to finish this anime tho. I’m one of the people who loved it.

I was actually gonna mention that you can create gods from the imagination in Episode 5(?)’s forum, but when I reread the chapter of the manga, it wasn’t mentioned there so I was kinda confused, and I didn’t put it instead. Thank god I didn’t, that kinda would have been a spoiler.

If this hasn’t been said before, in the manga, the Steel Beam Nanase arc was literally the first thing they did, with the snake being after that arc. So it was definitely a good idea to mix that up.

If this anime does get a second season, I can assure you all that there won’t be as many arcs as long as this one. Each mystery is 1-2 chapters long, and the next “big arc” ended with only 4 chapters. That’s only until Volume 11 though, we have no idea if there will be arcs as long as this one in the future.
Mar 28, 2020 12:22 PM

Apr 2015
For a show that relied on massive amount of dialogue, it managed to keep me interested throughout! The interactions between Kotoko, Kurou and Saki were definitely the highlight of the show!

I do feel like they really dragged stuff out! Opening is a banger!

7/10
Mar 28, 2020 12:25 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I enjoyed this anime even though there were times that I felt like the anime was dragging in the Steel Beam Nanase arc. Kotoko having no filter makes the anime worth watching.

I give this series a 7/10 because Kotoko is best girl.

Out of curiosity, is the manga worth reading?
Mar 28, 2020 12:30 PM

Sep 2019
This show had a lot of benefits. Indeed the pacing was slow but this is quite normal for a dialogue heavy show. In/Spectre kept me very interested and not any episode was bad. I'm forward to read the manga!

8/10.
Mar 28, 2020 12:32 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, that was one long arc! Couldn't help but lose interest in the middle phase, as such. Finally got interesting in the very end though but by that time it was already too late, I'm afraid. Should've been a two-cour season instead.

Anyway, some nice Iwanaga moments to sign off with. She really is a fun company and pretty much even dragged the story, some might say. Closure for Saki-san, a renewed motive for Kurou-senpai and round two incoming with Rikka-san, I feel like this is where the prologue ends and the real story starts.

As such, I'm going to settle with a 6/10. Really enjoyed the first episode immensely and a few moments here and there after that so slightly disappointed of course.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 28, 2020 12:36 PM

Aug 2013
And so this show has come to an end. It's a shame that some people found this boring. I really enjoyed it and Kotoko's interactions with both Kuro and Saki were hilarious.

Kotoko jumping on Kuro in the hotel was hilarious.

Kotoko x Kuro moments in this episode was sweet.

7/10 for this series. Wouldn't mind checking out the manga at some point.

Mar 28, 2020 12:46 PM

May 2015
It had its flaws but was pretty enjoyable overall.

Nice way to finish the series, hand-holding scene, as well as other moments between Iwanaga and Kurou, were very cute.
Mar 28, 2020 12:46 PM

Jan 2014
Felt like the last few episodes dragged along a little bit, but overall was still a great show.

Hope for a season two.
Mar 28, 2020 1:03 PM
May 2016
Second best episode of the season, too bad the 11 in between weren't more like that 6/10 for me.
Mar 28, 2020 1:06 PM

May 2018
Oh man that quite the longest arc for a 12 episode anime.
Mar 28, 2020 1:08 PM
Oct 2016
I liked the beginning of the anime, but from the middle to the end.
It was boring and always focusing on the Nanase case until the end.
They could have enjoyed the script more and put more situations and enjoy the characters more.
Mar 28, 2020 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Saki has given up on kuro I was hoping if she fought kotoko over kuro
Mar 28, 2020 1:27 PM

Feb 2012
Kyokou Suiri started off strong, with a fun premise, but started to really slow down, towards the middle of the series - And I felt like multiple episodes of just exposition really killed it's momentum.

Overall, it was an enjoyable series that I'd definitely like a 2nd season to, but I wouldn't be the most heartbroken if it didn't come to fruition.

7/10.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mar 28, 2020 1:29 PM

Sep 2017
I liked this anime, I tend to like dialog heavy shows with a certain intrigue aspect to it. I think the pacing was a bit off at times, but overall fine. Some episodes ended in a really odd place.
I checked out the manga and the chapters are really long
So my conclusion is that maybe the chapters were too long to be adapted in a 25 min format (?)

8/10 (High 7)

Mar 28, 2020 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
This anime wasn't too bad tbh, but it also wasn't that great either. I liked the concept but I wasn't really a huge fan of one case taking up practically the entire season. Still, it was pretty fun to see them planning how to defeat SLN, and then actually putting that plan into practice (even if things seemed farfetched at times). I wouldn't be opposed to a second season but it probably won't get one, which also doesn't particularly upset me.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 28, 2020 1:44 PM

Oct 2018
It was an alright episode, I guess.

Overall, this anime was disappointing. It has started as a very interesting and entertaining one, but became more and more boring by each episode.

It wasn't that bad, good for a one time watch. 7/10
Mar 28, 2020 1:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
wait, what the fuck? why'd the score drop like that?
Mar 28, 2020 2:02 PM

Aug 2013
OMG Kotoko was so cute. And Kitou Akari was perfect as her.
9/10. Definitely my favorite series of this season next to Railgun T.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 28, 2020 2:06 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
-Aincrad- said:

Overall, this anime was disappointing. It has started as a very interesting and entertaining one, but became more and more boring by each episode.

Agreed. I do enjoy character interaction & plot exposition to a point, but this last arc could have easily been wrapped up in half as many episodes 😕
Like Tom Servo once said, “It's like they have two servings of tension that they're trying to stretch out for seven people.” 😆
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Mar 28, 2020 2:10 PM

Nov 2019
8/10 anime overall
Mar 28, 2020 2:18 PM

Feb 2011
Good show, the direction it took may be somewhat questionable since i expected a lot more emphasis on the youkai aspect of the show and more character interactions between Iwanaga and Kuro. Either way it was executed pretty well and i found it enjoyable all the way through the end. 8/10
Mar 28, 2020 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
While it certainly dragged at some points, even if it was heavy on dialogue I really liked the unique setting of this show. I wish the Steel Lady Nanase arc was a bit shorter so that there would be time for more character interactions and/ or character exploration. It was still really fun to watch and I will definitely take up the manga from the beginning.

the fact that this has a lower score than Darwin's Game shakes me to the core
Mar 28, 2020 2:25 PM
Mar 2015
Glad Iwanaga got her man this time
Mar 28, 2020 2:40 PM
Aug 2018
AddaeAkono said:
I enjoyed this anime even though there were times that I felt like the anime was dragging in the Steel Beam Nanase arc. Kotoko having no filter makes the anime worth watching.

I give this series a 7/10 because Kotoko is best girl.

Out of curiosity, is the manga worth reading?

If you can tolerate all the talking then yeah, Steel lady nanase arc is a long one and the normal mysteries usually go for 1 chapter or 2, the next arc of only consist of 4 chapter which is way way shorter than Steel lady nanase.
Tbh, the manga does it better than the anime, there is a lot more explanation and it’s much more clearer. There were also bonus chapters which consist of skits that were not animated so that’s something to look forward to.
Mar 28, 2020 2:44 PM
Aug 2018
gappasaurus said:
-Aincrad- said:

Agreed. I do enjoy character interaction & plot exposition to a point, but this last arc could have easily been wrapped up in half as many episodes 😕
Like Tom Servo once said, “It's like they have two servings of tension that they're trying to stretch out for seven people.” 😆

Not really, if it was shortened. It would be EXTREMELY RUSHED, take it from a manga reader.
Mar 28, 2020 2:44 PM

Jul 2014
That was a really nice ending. I didn't expect those words from Kuro.

Kotoko with her dirty jokes lol. She really made the show fun. She's best girl of the show but I also loved Saki; from her design to her personality and how afraid she is of spirits, I'm gonna miss her.

Very good show! This was one of my favourites at the start of the season but while it never bored me, I feel that Nanase's arc dragged out a bit too much.
SkyLETVMar 28, 2020 11:08 PM
Mar 28, 2020 2:47 PM

Apr 2018
The Steel Lady arc was a boring disappointment. The series started with a very good pace and the final episode was quite charming.

It's a shame they wasted so much time on a single arc. I would prefer that they did a monster of the week (or two weeks) series. This story has a lot of potential but it was wasted this season. I don't know if I'd watch a second one.

6/10 for me
Mar 28, 2020 2:50 PM

Sep 2012
Man, the Steel lady nanase arc was boring as hell... It definitely affected my enjoyment for the show.
Mar 28, 2020 2:58 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
The romantic bits at the end felt kinda forced. I can accept Kuro wants to Iwagana safe from danger and wants her to be happy in spite of not having romantic feelings, but what's with the one liners. I like their love/"hate" relationship. It's central to the comedy.

This wasn't a bad series but it had horrible pacing. The concept was solid and the humor worked. It even had a good setup for more seasons. But the execution wasn't great. If it was more condensed then it would have worked better. I don't mind anime with lots of dialogue. But other mystery series had a sense where every episode matter and most had an impact. This one didn't. Even the first few episodes really didn't make it clear why Iwagana's role is important/fascinating. If they cut out the snake episodes & shortened the "investigation"/explaining everything to Maki portions, this could have worked.

But since this is a manga adaptation, they planned to end it with this arc, and have it all be twelve episodes, there was only so much that could be done. I'd watch a second season but hope they improve the pacing.

Side note: I heard Blast of Tempest was written by the same person. Why is this author so good at giving such great stories that ultimately do not live up to my expectations. Both were 6/10 for me
Mar 28, 2020 3:36 PM

Jun 2017
8/10 for me. Personally I liked it. Kotoko really made it shine. The end of the steel lady was a bit anticlimatic though. Why tease it in the previous episode and literally end it in 34 seconds at the start of the last lol. But at least we got a decent closure and it's left open enough in case it could ever get another season.
Mar 28, 2020 3:50 PM

Jan 2009
ACasualViewer said:
This arc was definitely to long, the show if paced better could have stayed strong like the first few eps, however its largely let us down after that due to the pacing.

This arc was too long in the manga as well, something the author has never repeated the last time i looked.
Mar 28, 2020 3:52 PM

Dec 2014
well that was nice end...overall an average show
Mar 28, 2020 3:55 PM

Mar 2019
ahhh this anime gets 12 episodes while Plunderer gets 24.. smh

but the next arc "Sleeping Murderer" was also good to be animated!!

lets hope for a second season
Mar 28, 2020 4:13 PM
Aug 2014
Tatsuya said:
ACasualViewer said:

This arc was too long in the manga as well, something the author has never repeated the last time i looked.

The arc was long because it was originally a novel that was then adapted into a manga. I don't think the author thought it was going to adapt into a manga or anime since the other arcs were not planed while this arc was being written.

Danae said:
While it certainly dragged at some points, even if it was heavy on dialogue I really liked the unique setting of this show. I wish the Steel Lady Nanase arc was a bit shorter so that there would be time for more character interactions and/ or character exploration. It was still really fun to watch and I will definitely take up the manga from the beginning.

the fact that this has a lower score than Darwin's Game shakes me to the core

You should have expected this to have a lower score then something like darwins game by episode two. Despite how much I love the series it doesn't have that much appeal for most of the anime watching audience, I'm surprised it's as popular as it was. Plus it had a lot going against it, there's to much-repeated dialogue, a lot of people seem to not just to not like Iwanaga, the Snake god arc gave people a false notation the season was going to be episodic, scenes even in the manga are very static though I would argue the manga does a better job with that, and some people were always going to find "small blonde girl shit post on wiki board" to be boring.
kingaron3Mar 28, 2020 4:41 PM
Mar 28, 2020 4:26 PM
Jan 2020
8/10 Iwanaga is a amazing protagonist and the best for me this season and the anime is good. Too much talk, but every episode feels like it was 5 minutes long.
Mar 28, 2020 5:02 PM

Oct 2010

8/10. Kinda leaning toward 7.5 though. This would've been better as an episodic show covering a lot of small mysteries. Steel Lady Nanase arc was dragged out too much. Kotooko was easily the best part of this and I'm glad she'll be happy. I really liked the last bit with Kuro and Kotoko actually being kinda romantic for once
Mar 28, 2020 5:43 PM

Jul 2012
I really liked this anime at first, it was clever and charming. I liked Zetsuen no Tempest which was written by the same author.

Miyano Mamoru made Kuro better than he actually is. He's quite boring otherwise. Kotoko is alright for me but gets too jealous often and its not cute when she acts like that.

It got worse with the Steel Nanase Arc, I thought it started to lack sense. That arc took way too long. The romantic scene at the end was cute, I like them together and I hope they get closer later on. It seems that he is still into his cousin now.

It's a 6/10 from me. I will definitely watch a season 2 though.
Mar 28, 2020 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
As much as I love the witty dialogue, I have to agree that Nanase arc went on far too long. I didn't expect it to fill pretty much the entire season.

8/10 from me. Could've been 9/10 if it's better paced.
Mar 28, 2020 6:11 PM
Mar 2020
This was a pretty good series, definitely good for people into ghosts and stuff.
Mar 28, 2020 6:35 PM

Feb 2015
Well, its finally over, they defeated the ghost, but Rikka would be around. Saki went back to her job and Kurou and Kotoko to their normal life. Honestly, I barely enjoyed the show, glad it finished. Also, the creation of any kind of entity doesn’t seem to be related to Kurou (yokai powers), Rikka (youkai powers or Kotoko (youkai deity?), but the basis that the show managed made it seems like any regular human could be the origin of a violent ghost or something worse.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

70 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

66 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

88 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 6, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

106 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 5:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.