Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2020 1:14 PM

Mar 2018
This was pretty good. Easily the best new show of the season for me. I really wish it gets a second season because there's so many mangas I want to read rn. 7.5/10
Mar 29, 2020 2:12 PM

Feb 2011
This show was great but damn that ending is a slap in the face of any anime only viewer. Calling it an ending is a reach actually.
Mar 29, 2020 3:07 PM

Nov 2011
I mean this anime was left pretty open ended unfortunately with no News of a season 2. It was an okay anime overall but I don't think it was anything special. If it had 24 or 52 Episodes I think it could have been something awesome but it was average in the end.

7.7/10 ill give it an 8 on the ranking though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 29, 2020 3:51 PM
Jan 2016
i really like this show i hope it get's a second season I've been wanting to read the manga for years but whenever i save up the money something always comes up but for now i think i'll read it online first then buy the volumes because i'm too invested in the story now
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Mar 29, 2020 3:55 PM
Apr 2019
Wow. I liked this show way more than I expected. This should definitely be more popular, and I hope the audience does grow once Netflix releases it from jail. 9/10, absolutely hilarious and brutal. I can't wait for season 2. (If fucking cg Berserk can get a season 2, this show can too.)
Mar 29, 2020 4:29 PM
Nov 2018
Man that ending just leaves you hanging haha...seems like aikawa and caiman are linked somehow. Anyways, awesome show. Quite possibly my anime of the season
Mar 29, 2020 4:45 PM
Sep 2008
Now that the dust has settled, really got a lot more out of this adaptation than I was expecting. From the early PVs I think myself and many others were worried about the CG character models but they really did improve every episode and proved an actually unique and well executed aspect of the show. The 2D and background art was just fantastic and like many other have said, the staffs passion for the project really shone through throughout.

To some people complaining about it being too much of a cliff-hanger ending and there not being enough finality...yah...it's an incomplete story. I'm actually thankfully they did try to wrap it up in some anime-only way and went hard in on the idea of setting up the next but of story in anticipation of a second season. I really hope this is the case.

Also, I currently live in Japan and know it's difficult sometimes to purchase goods from here if you live elsewhere in the world (especially given how things are currently). I see a lot of people saying support the series through watching it on Netlfix and all that which is great, please do (it was already the number 1 airing show in Japan during it's run so that's fantastic news on that front ) but if you are in a position to shell out the cash for the expensive as hell Blu-Rays or maybe buy some good of your favorite characters please do! They've outright said a second season is based on sales/positive reception and while I feel it's practically a shoe-in we're getting a second season at this point, every little bit helps ;) . It's be a crime if we didn't get a second season.

Also on a final note, if anyone want's to check out my review of the series I'd love a "helpful" ;) spent a long ass time writing up/rewriting my review. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for an early season 2 announcement!
Mar 29, 2020 4:59 PM

Jun 2015
8/10
Way too much was going on at once. I mean hell they could stretch 12 episode to 24 and the pacing would've still been fast.
The 3D models were at first a big turn off but eventually they grew on me. Honestly they may be the best cgi in any anime.
Ost is good but extremely distracting. I don't get the high praise for it.
Aside from that the anime is extremely gorgeous, creative and full of likeable characters. Too bad it ended so abruptly.
Mar 29, 2020 4:59 PM

Mar 2011
At first I was expecting nothing bc of the weird CGI, but this adaptation was amazing! Can't wait for season 2!!

Mar 29, 2020 5:09 PM
Mar 2020
Draculoid said:
(it was already the number 1 airing show in Japan during it's run so that's fantastic news on that front )

According to this site which gathers data of Japanese TV ratings: https://www.anikore.jp/chronicle/2020/winter/ac:tv/ it ended at #3, still pretty good of course.

Its weird though, for comparison the previous CG anime Beastars ended up on the top 5 as well back on Fall 2019 and a 2nd season was quickly announced at the end of the season, yet for Dorohedoro they seem to be waiting for the Bluray/DVD sales before greenlighting one. Both shows have/will be distributed on Netflix's WW.
Maybe it depends on the manga's popularity as well, don't know, not really sure what exactly determines when an anime gets another season or not.
KetrodMar 29, 2020 5:13 PM
Mar 29, 2020 5:33 PM
Aug 2018
Good but nothing special. The plot is decent but felt basic. The execution felt perfunctory. The characters were what dragged the show up.

7/10
People with low average anime scores don't have high standards. They are just bad at choosing good anime to watch.
Mar 29, 2020 6:14 PM

Apr 2011
Everything's still a mystery. But even mysteries will eventually be over..
Very good adaptation. I really enjoyed it.

My (poor) boys, please turn off the light.
Mar 29, 2020 6:54 PM

Apr 2007
I'm so happy Kaiman and Nikaido were reunited in the end <3

I love ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING about this series. I hope they announce a second season, but in the meantime I will get myself to read manga. Some day. pinky promise
Mar 29, 2020 7:21 PM

Aug 2018
Here goes my 3rd favorite anime this season ! I had a hard battle in my own brain to decide which one ID:Invaded and Dorohedoro would take that place (this is of course my own & very own scoreboard).

But at the end I thought Dorohedoro really managed to create a new world which I really appreciated even if it was absolutely dirty, creepy or gloomy ; it made me think about a Fallout serie's city.

The whole story remains a mystery so far but additionnal points apppeared progressively : now I just would like another season to discover more about this well-made and intriguing universe.
Mar 29, 2020 7:29 PM

Jul 2014
This left me waiting for more, more and MOOOAAAAAR!
Mar 29, 2020 8:01 PM

Oct 2016
With the unpolished cgi and the random plot going in circles, the first three episodes were really off putting. Later on the story kept going on circles but the bits of information given and the characters managed to made it a decent teaser, now I want to read the manga with the expectation of finding a good combo of cool action and dark comedy horror.
Mar 29, 2020 8:24 PM

Aug 2016
That ending was just another chapter in the manga, so obvs there wasnt a huge conclusion. Hopefully next season they step up with the CGI. Only watched this series because I love the manga.
Mar 29, 2020 9:30 PM
Apr 2018
I did not expect the adaptation to be this awesome. How rude are we to doubt MAPPA? They've done a fucking great job. Now give us 2nd season!

8/10
Mar 29, 2020 10:58 PM

Aug 2017
one word! AWESOME!!!!
now I am hoping there will be Season 2.....

Mar 29, 2020 11:29 PM

Oct 2017
Nice place to end this season with Kaiman and Nikaidou making a pinky promise. Good adaptation of the manga, they nerfed some gore scenes but it was still great.
Mar 30, 2020 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
Seeing Kaiman blushing made my day. uwu
Mar 30, 2020 2:25 AM

Dec 2014
well nice end..hoping for a second season
Mar 30, 2020 3:17 AM

Jan 2020
F i thought there's still 1 more ep. Guess will just continue off in manga
Still curious on how/what caiman's character origin gonna be..

Overall this series bring whole another level of weirdness and concepts
Characters were great & just fun to watch 9/10

Made by k3ti
Mar 30, 2020 5:07 AM

Jul 2017
Going through Cross-Eyed Risu's memories before he became Caiman the lizard, just another side story that at best can only be known through the manga.

In other cases, the battle of manipulated Nikaido vs. Caiman was amazing. With the release of En's contract from her body, she NOT completely safe from his reach. But to answer who ripped her body off, it isn't Caiman but instead Cross-Eyed Risu. Their backstory with Risu losing his memories and gaining the lizard head instead, eating gyoza and all was (not) how it all started.

But with En and his family, Asu doesn't have a choice and butts Caiman and the real Nikaido back to Hole whilst keeping his clone with Chota. What a trickster manipulator.

The pinky promise of Caiman and Nikaido definitely have gone through their individual journeys of being human sorcerer and cross-eye, that was the real deal.

Awesone OST, and a great adaptation by MAPPA. One of the season's best under Netflix jail.

Everything's that's still a mystery...will put henceforth into the manga.
Mar 30, 2020 5:41 AM
Dec 2019
The last ending [404] is really great

Hope they will make second season in next year
Mar 30, 2020 5:57 AM

Mar 2010
Ok. So much clue in this episode. Here's my speculation, I don't know this is a spoiler or not, but I just tag it as spoiler just in case:

Damn, can't wait for S2
Mar 30, 2020 6:18 AM
Feb 2020
Will be there second season?
Mar 30, 2020 6:40 AM

May 2019
A pretty good anime this season; by far one of the weirdest storylines on a superficial level, but the thematic concerns and underlying psychology was neatly choreographed and well-written, particularly the character-centric elements.

7/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 30, 2020 7:01 AM

Oct 2018
Ketrod said:
Draculoid said:
(it was already the number 1 airing show in Japan during it's run so that's fantastic news on that front )

According to this site which gathers data of Japanese TV ratings: https://www.anikore.jp/chronicle/2020/winter/ac:tv/ it ended at #3, still pretty good of course.
Maybe it depends on the manga's popularity as well, don't know, not really sure what exactly determines when an anime gets another season or not.

Dorohedoro is considered a cult classic manga in japan, so the chances of it getting a second season is pretty likely! Hopefully there are no production hiccups that stop it from happening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2020 9:22 AM
May 2017
Amazing adaptation for an amazing manga. Hope they get a 2nd season, if thats not the case yall really need to read the manga.
Mar 30, 2020 9:28 AM

Mar 2016
This felt very incomplete. I kind of want to give it 6/10 out of anger, but I did enjoy the story a lot, so I won't. I really hope we get another season.
Mar 30, 2020 10:51 AM

Apr 2018
I didn't like this at first and story was so random at times but more I watch more I like the characters and it seems unique, crazy but overall a fun show and that's what its charm is I guess so overall 7/10
Pretty good end I am thinking to read the manga :)
Mar 30, 2020 11:25 AM
Mar 2020
eggpudding said:
Hopefully there are no production hiccups that stop it from happening.

That could probably be one of the reasons, animes like Beastars, Yakusoku no Neverland, etc did very well on TV ratings and a 2nd season was quickly announced at the end of their last episodes, so its odd that the same thing didn't happened with Dorohedoro yet.
Mar 30, 2020 12:46 PM

Aug 2018
Areesha33 said:
I didn't like this at first and story was so random at times but more I watch more I like the characters and it seems unique, crazy but overall a fun show and that's what its charm is I guess so overall 7/10
Pretty good end I am thinking to read the manga :)

Believe me all these seemingly random things aren't random at all. Everything will be clear later
Mar 30, 2020 1:32 PM
Feb 2020
I am very pleased with this anime, as a huge fan of the manga. I think the quality of the animation improved greatly in the latter episodes. I also really love the soundtrack!!

To those who haven't read the manga, all the "randomness" is not random, like others have said, and will make more sense later on. You are in for a treat if they decide to do finish out the series, which is very likely. It only gets more intriguing!

My only criticism is some of the scenes that were omitted from the manga (like character building between Ebisu and Fujita). I would have also added a crucial shocking scene as a cliffhanger at the end of episode 12, which I think would set things up more nicely for Season 2. I do appreciate that they showed my favorite characters as some fanservice in the ED.

If they do decide to do Season 2, it probably won't come out until 2021. At least we have some of the OAVs to look forward to before then.
Mar 30, 2020 1:42 PM

Apr 2016
This series is pretty good, I'm glad I decided to watch it despite everything. I hope there will be a second season.
Mar 30, 2020 3:11 PM

Feb 2015
I like the animation, remind me of Akira. However the plot was a bit bizarre and got me by only a thread. It was different which is good, but the humor was mostly a miss and the whole Deamon, wizards and humans were off to. I think better world building was required. Still something to appreciate on a bench
"Miharu denki desu"
Mar 30, 2020 3:14 PM

Jul 2015
A great series that I hope gets a sequel in the future
Mar 30, 2020 6:01 PM
Oct 2015
holy shit man dorohedoro has probably had the most endings to episodes ratio possible, out of any anime from all time,
Mar 30, 2020 6:13 PM

Aug 2016
Maybe the best show of the season, but it was also a weak season.
Music was top, animation was mediocre, comedy was ok.
Characters and story were interesting.
Only the narrative, especially in the first half of the season, was unfocused (i.e. ep1, 3 and 7).
Episodes 1 to 7: 6/10
Episodes 8 to 12: 8/10

Overall: 7/10
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Mar 30, 2020 9:33 PM

Apr 2018
I had never heard of the manga before this anime, and that makes me kinda sad, since I REALLY liked this anime, and I kinda wish I had known about the manga before! And yes, this anime was amazing! I seriously SERIOUSLY hope a second season gets made! But if it doesn't, I'll probably just read the manga.

10/10
Mar 30, 2020 11:54 PM

Jul 2016
I was never a fan of the "brainwashed character" element in narrative so I'm glad it didn't last long here and Nikaidou managed to remember who she was in the end. That pinkie promise sure was adorable, by the way.

Well, it took some time and a few episodes for me to feel interested enough in both story and characters but I have to admit it, this peculiar show ended up being a quite enjoyable experience overall. Mostly due to its dark humor, which I absolutely loved and charismatic cast.

On a negative note, story progression was indeed a bit messy for moments and I also would have liked them to explain the deal with the devils in this world but in the end, these aspects didn't affect my general enjoyment all that much.

7/10 - A possible second season would be quite welcome but for now, all I can do is wait for the OVAs.
Mar 31, 2020 1:26 AM
Apr 2019
WaHwA said:
Ok. So much clue in this episode. Here's my speculation, I don't know this is a spoiler or not, but I just tag it as spoiler just in case:

Damn, can't wait for S2

Your quite close but your missing a couple of two key details but in other areas you are surprisingly accurate.
Mar 31, 2020 2:42 AM
Mar 2020
well if you want another hint and get more confused ,try to guess who say "all according to plan" at 12.08, hes someone you already know.
Mar 31, 2020 3:03 AM

Mar 2019
Simply, Anime of the season.
Mar 31, 2020 5:14 AM

Apr 2015
Dorobedoro: The Prologue.

Still, was consistently entertaining. 7/10
Mar 31, 2020 7:54 AM
Apr 2019
Lanz said:
Dorobedoro: The Prologue.

Still, was consistently entertaining. 7/10

This season wasn't a prologue, not entirely sure why some people are saying this. Some other characters start coming in after the end of this season but by no means is it separate enough to be a prologue.
Mar 31, 2020 8:02 AM

Mar 2010
pureguava said:

Your quite close but your missing a couple of two key details but in other areas you are surprisingly accurate.

Hell yea. Thanks for confirming without spoiling things out.
Mar 31, 2020 11:26 AM

Apr 2011
Easily the best anime of the season. Desperately needs a second season. The story was really immersive and I've never felt bored when I was watching it. Its absurdly casual violence and bizzare sense of humour got me pretty good. Also CGI was really well made. I did't even realize it was cg most of the time. It was that natural. 9/10
Apr 1, 2020 4:28 AM

Sep 2019
Honestly, I really liked the short-haired look on Nikaido. It just looked good. Then again, maybe I'm just biased towards short hair.

And again, Asu being such a demon bro. I wonder how many of those kinds of demons there are? Probably not many.

Still, this series is just so fascinating. Twelve episodes just went by like nothing. It's certainly my fav of the season. Although, I had to ditch a few series since I didn't put enough time into watching them.

Then a blushing Caiman; how cute. The only way season two (hopefully will be one) is more Noi and Shin.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

65 by FarCritical »»
Mar 29, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

69 by FarCritical »»
Mar 27, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

70 by FarCritical »»
Mar 26, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

75 by FarCritical »»
Mar 25, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

123 by FarCritical »»
Mar 24, 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.