Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 28, 2020 8:33 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Here's the link to the Announcement and Preview:

https://twitter.com/magireco/status/1243923299370823681

Fantastic news! Personally, I'd a feeling it was coming but nothing beats confirmation.

How excited are you for this?

_MushiRock11_Mar 28, 2020 9:28 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2020 8:38 AM
Jan 2013
I TOLD YOU SO!

Excellent.
Mar 28, 2020 8:40 AM

Feb 2018
What do you think about S2? In my opinion when viewed from S1 I thought it was useless to show S2 if S1 looked bad in my eyes, would s2 be able to cover all the flaws in the previous Seasson?
Mar 28, 2020 8:57 AM
Jan 2013
vndb said:
What do you think about S2? In my opinion when viewed from S1 I thought it was useless to show S2 if S1 looked bad in my eyes, would s2 be able to cover all the flaws in the previous Seasson?
If you don't like it, don't watch it.
Mar 28, 2020 9:11 AM
Dec 2018
Well well it was inevitable... I don't know about pacing, some day it was slow and others say it was too fast... To me it was okay... But I guess that's because I come from game... Fun fact, first season ends exactly where I left the game... But I guess it was necessary to split it... Imagine the anime finishes before the NA, it would hurt the game so bad... I suppose they'll announce dates as soon as arc 1 ends in game. There are many mysteries about Madoka Magica that were never unveiled in the original story, like the origin of Walpurgis, so I expect Magia Record will put some light on it. It isn't a perfect story... Maybe an 8 or 9 from me... Though I'll wait for Blu-ray to see how Shaft patches its mistakes. Some will find it underwhelming since they don't care about Iroha or Ui, or anyone as a matter of fact. But I'm glad the haters will finally drop this show and won't watch second season, good for everyone.
Mar 28, 2020 9:14 AM
Sep 2019
Yayy!! Next season we'll be able to see Nagitan and her magical riding crop in action!
Mar 28, 2020 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
salarx said:
But I'm glad the haters will finally drop this show and won't watch second season, good for everyone.

You are aware that you are on MAL right?
People here don't drop stuff they hate, if you saw someone complaining about everything during the entire season it's more probable that they will watch the second one too to keep complaining instead of watching something 'better'.

Mar 28, 2020 9:19 AM

Jan 2019
YYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

No other news could make me happier today. Let's hope it doesn't take too long and that the second season gets better in action. The pace will certainly be better than the first season, as the second will have two fewer chapters to adapt.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Mar 28, 2020 9:20 AM

Jan 2019
Heimur said:
salarx said:
But I'm glad the haters will finally drop this show and won't watch second season, good for everyone.

People here don't drop stuff they hate, if you saw someone complaining about everything during the entire season it's more probable that they will watch the second one too to keep complaining instead of watching something 'better'.

Many people love to hate things.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Mar 28, 2020 9:27 AM
Aug 2015
I knew this would happen, but I thought they would announce it a bit later
Mar 28, 2020 9:29 AM

Dec 2018
I’m all Gucci for this but what about the fourth movie? Can we get a conclusion to the main series?
Mar 28, 2020 9:31 AM
Aug 2015
Monochrosanity said:
I’m all Gucci for this but what about the fourth movie? Can we get a conclusion to the main series?

They said they will make a sequel, but I am assuming it will be in like 2022
Mar 28, 2020 9:38 AM
Dec 2018
Monochrosanity said:

Maybe they'll use some concepts of Magia Record for the 4th movie. Someone had a theory that since Magia Record is an isolated universe, hence our Devil Homura has no power over this universe. So it makes sense a new protagonist, maybe travels to the original universe to help release Madokami or something like that. Also a spoiler -
Mar 28, 2020 10:26 AM

May 2012
I hope it is better than season 1, because it is trash
Mar 28, 2020 10:37 AM
Aug 2015
thepath said:

You gave the new seven deadly sins season a 7 and called this trash, wow
Mar 28, 2020 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
vndb said:
Yes, because S1's shortcomings come from it being a setup for the actual story. The Doppel system is obviously a scam and S2 will be dedicated to uncovering why and how Ui fits into this whole mess. We're gonna see a fight against Magical Girl fascism and I find it topical and exciting. Fuck fascism.
Mar 28, 2020 10:44 AM

May 2012
Eroha said:
thepath said:

Because Seven Deadly sins is much more enjoyable to watch

Magical record is boring and not even as good as original series
Mar 28, 2020 10:57 AM
Aug 2015
thepath said:

Ok I understand, you have bad taste in anime
Mar 28, 2020 10:57 AM

Oct 2015
thepath said:
Eroha said:

However you can't compare the visual direction of 7DS with Magia Record's, as much as you might prefer 7DS over it. So calling it trash seems to me (and to anyone with a hair of appreciation for animation and art quality) like a rather mindless hate buzzword.
Mar 28, 2020 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
So the news that I saw about this being a two cour show was right after all lol.
Mar 28, 2020 11:07 AM
Dec 2018
Eroha said:
thepath said:

Ok I understand, you have bad taste in anime

He's a Shounen fanboy, they don't have any explanation for loving or hating a show.
Also he rated Symphogear G a 9. As much as I love that series for its music, it has shit and repetitive storyline.
salarxMar 28, 2020 11:21 AM
Mar 28, 2020 11:14 AM

Sep 2017
don't understand why the show has such a low score. Even if the story's weaker than the original, the visuals, character design, and music is still top notch. I'm ready for season 2!!!
Mar 28, 2020 11:17 AM
Aug 2015
alicerubesty said:
don't understand why the show has such a low score. Even if the story's weaker than the original, the visuals, character design, and music is still top notch. I'm ready for season 2!!!

Simple: salty fans of the original upset over it not having a ton of deaths
Mar 28, 2020 12:14 PM

May 2012
Nostalgik said:
thepath said:

However you can't compare the visual direction of 7DS with Magia Record's, as much as you might prefer 7DS over it. So calling it trash seems to me (and to anyone with a hair of appreciation for animation and art quality) like a rather mindless hate buzzword.

Animation/art alone does not make it a good show.

I felt more entertained when I watched seven deadly sins than magical record. That all what matters for me. My rating is based on how much I enjoyed the show.

Mar 28, 2020 12:20 PM
Dec 2018
thepath said:
My rating is based on how much I enjoyed the show.

That's all you had to say. We'll respect your opinion if you enjoy something without reason, but not so when you call something trash.
Mar 28, 2020 12:42 PM

Oct 2015
thepath said:
Nostalgik said:

Animation/art alone does not make it a good show.

I felt more entertained when I watched seven deadly sins than magical record. That all what matters for me. My rating is based on how much I enjoyed the show.

Definitely, that's a valid opinion. I was criticizing your use of the buzzword "trash", and saying that it didn't seem reasonable to call Magia Record that.
Mar 28, 2020 12:53 PM

Mar 2008
Eroha said:
alicerubesty said:

The original isn't a grisly bloody anime with a high body count either. If I was looking for an anime to rack up the violence and grotesque I could go watch Magical Girl Site. This show had no stakes, no drama, no tension or any of the sharp material that made the original great. Just an abundance of wacky visuals.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Mar 28, 2020 1:32 PM
Jan 2013
ShadowBlazer3000 said:
Eroha said:

The original isn't a grisly bloody anime with a high body count either. If I was looking for an anime to rack up the violence and grotesque I could go watch Magical Girl Site. This show had no stakes, no drama, no tension or any of the sharp material that made the original great. Just an abundance of wacky visuals.

"no stakes, no drama, no tension" i.e. "not a ton of deaths".
Mar 28, 2020 1:35 PM

Mar 2008
Yuhani said:
ShadowBlazer3000 said:

If it's death then it's death if it's turning to a witch then it's that. Either way the original was better. If I wanted to watch a straight slice of life magical girl, there's better options out there. The show's idea of a big drama is "Oh no Yachiyo can't go shopping today"
Mar 28, 2020 1:36 PM
Dec 2018
Yuhani said:
ShadowBlazer3000 said:

People wanted a dark anime, but they won't agree to it. So they are wording it differently. Even after so much hate (exclusive to MAL), I'm glad we'll get a second season.
Mar 28, 2020 1:42 PM
Jan 2013
ShadowBlazer3000 said:
Yuhani said:

If it's death then it's death if it's turning to a witch then it's that. Either way the original was better. If I wanted to watch a straight slice of life magical girl, there's better options out there. The show's idea of a big drama is "Oh no Yachiyo can't go shopping today"

I don't know why I even bother participating in discussions here.
Mar 28, 2020 1:47 PM

Mar 2008
Yuhani said:
ShadowBlazer3000 said:

I don't know why I even bother participating in discussions here.

Yeah I don't know either.

salarx said:

People wanted a dark anime, but they won't agree to it. So they are wording it differently. Even after so much hate (exclusive to MAL), I'm glad we'll get a second season.[/quote]

A dark series much like the dark original, oh my what was I thinking?
Mar 28, 2020 2:22 PM

Mar 2017
S1 was so bad no one is going to care. It is only selling off name alone.
Mar 28, 2020 2:26 PM
Dec 2018
Brandon2149 said:

Magia Record Game players would highly disagree.
Mar 28, 2020 3:18 PM

Oct 2010
Pretty sure we already knew this due to leaks.
Mar 28, 2020 4:18 PM
May 2018
Heimur said:
salarx said:

depends if I find it ugly or smth l'll drop immediately! C:
Mar 28, 2020 4:24 PM

Aug 2016
I thought this was originally supposed to be 2 cour, so I kinda figured we'd get a second. Hype though
Mar 29, 2020 1:26 AM

Feb 2018
Yuhani said:
vndb said:
Okay i will try this but how do you think about rating system? Did i give random score 1 to every anime but i dom't or never watch the anime?

If you said for "If you dont like it, dont watch it" this is stupid question, if i never watch this how i can give score, and also how this bad or nah if i never watch it, lol.
Mar 29, 2020 1:32 AM
Dec 2018
vndb said:
Yuhani said:
Okay i will try this but how do you think about rating system? Did i give random score 1 to every anime but i dom't or never watch the anime?

If you said for "If you dont like it, dont watch it" this is stupid question, if i never watch this how i can give score, and also how this bad or nah if i never watch it, lol.

I think Yuhani meant if you didn't like the first season, you shouldn't watch the second season.
Mar 29, 2020 1:42 AM

Dec 2015
Since the season 1 was mostly episodic and advertisement for the game only I probably won't watch season 2. (Unleass the year/season it airs is pretty weak and there is almost no other stuff left to watch.)

We didn't really need that. More of the original series would have been better. But I guess the game companies have too much money again. (Reminds of Cygames who also push a lot of game adaptions with mediocre story. Few exceptions there though. But I think there the anime story was original and only the setting taken from the game.)
Mar 29, 2020 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
Hopefully they'll actually remember characters and the actual narrative for season 2.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 29, 2020 4:26 AM
Aug 2018
Heimur said:
salarx said:

Eeyy that just applies to every western weebs in general. People with nothing better to do.
Mar 29, 2020 5:07 AM

Dec 2018
Either way another situation is the virus right now, be glad they wrapped up the ending in a satisfactory way, sad it turned out like this. But of course I'm more excited waiting for the movie

Dear Alina, did you witch out? This virus Walpy already hit the whole world...
Mar 29, 2020 5:37 AM

Dec 2018
vndb said:
Yuhani said:

it is an unfortunate event that the anime failed to appeal their audience because "reasons", but I think even you can see first season is to flesh out characters.
1. Unlike Madoka, they don't conveniently go to the same school, the series recruit the main 5 as they investigate the rumor, story actually progress.
2. Truly there's no one month rewind time to go around with the small world Madoka has, they keep moving on, without tragedy of course, aside for Yachiyo's previous team.. that is before doppel system happen
3. By the look at the adaptation Shaft been doing, I had a feeling the finishing touch would be far from sunshine happy.

So there, season 2 of most anime don't cover up flaw from season 1, but I say those people wanting their dark plot are getting it.
Mar 29, 2020 4:13 PM
Oct 2019
I think they shouldn't introduce any more characters because the ones they already have don't get enough screentime and development which forces you to look for game footage which might not even be translated into English.

Interesting how Madoka and Homura didn't show up at all in season 1 even when they did in the game. I also wonder what was up with that weird baby Kyubey since it jumped after Iroha. To be honest I'm more curious about baby Kyubey than Ui...
Mar 29, 2020 5:34 PM

Oct 2007
good news. I will watch and continue supporting this show. :)

I just hope covid ends, so I could order items again from cdjapan. ><
Mar 30, 2020 10:03 AM
Dec 2018
The second season can come as early as this or as late as Winter 2021, as the last volume ships on 8th of July. Given that Assault Lily ends before fall, It can either air parallel to it, just after it, or a season after it. Delaying further would make less sense since they say second season is already in production and story is ready.
Mar 30, 2020 12:50 PM
Jan 2013
salarx said:
The second season can come as early as this or as late as Winter 2021, as the last volume ships on 8th of July. Given that Assault Lily ends before fall, It can either air parallel to it, just after it, or a season after it. Delaying further would make less sense since they say second season is already in production and story is ready.
Given how much trouble they've had getting things out on time, who knows how long it'll take. Season 1 got delayed too and it still wasn't finished when it aired.
Mar 30, 2020 6:12 PM

Feb 2013
Brandon2149 said:

The anime was one of the most successful in Japan in sales, views and ratings. So no, it's not. Even more when much more japanese knew about the gacha than westerns.

Luthandorius said:
Since the season 1 was mostly episodic and advertisement for the game only I probably won't watch season 2. (Unleass the year/season it airs is pretty weak and there is almost no other stuff left to watch.)

We didn't really need that. More of the original series would have been better. But I guess the game companies have too much money again. (Reminds of Cygames who also push a lot of game adaptions with mediocre story. Few exceptions there though. But I think there the anime story was original and only the setting taken from the game.)

Aniplex is the major funding company for Magia Record anime much like they were for the original Madoka. The difference is that Aniplex published the Magia Record gacha. But they aren't a game company, they are an anime distributor from Sony Music Japan.
Mar 31, 2020 1:34 AM

Oct 2007
Nemesis16 said:
Brandon2149 said:

The anime was one of the most successful in Japan in sales, views and ratings. So no, it's not. Even more when much more japanese knew about the gacha than westerns.

good to hear that! :)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this necessary to watch?

theanimeviber - Feb 4

14 by kensu31 »»
Feb 11, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2020

108 by Hilel1982014h »»
Jan 16, 7:42 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

257 by Fafette »»
Oct 23, 2023 4:19 AM

» This is quite funny

official_brown - Jun 10, 2022

16 by jedman »»
Jul 5, 2023 3:05 AM

Poll: » Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2020

136 by HimeCrycho »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.