Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 2, 2020 5:11 AM

Jan 2019
I realized something very valuable from watching this anime. I would like to say that this realization did not stem from this specific story but I sometimes tend to fail to recognize all the pathways my mind takes regarding input and the fact is that it did happen during watching this anime.

Regardless, for this inherently good anime, excellent characters and their interactions 10/10

This realization in keywords: hikikomori, perspectives
Damn, even a third keyword would probably give it away too easily. If it is too easy, it will not be genuine.
Apr 2, 2020 12:01 PM
Jul 2015
Thank you DOGA KOBO for this fun, happy and wonderful show :)
Apr 2, 2020 12:10 PM

Jul 2009
Cute, I really thought they were going to find the asteroid.
Apr 2, 2020 10:15 PM

Oct 2007
it's too bad they did not discover anything new. But the lessons learned are important. One day Mira and Ao could discover a new asteroid if they try hard enough. They met plenty of nice people along the way as well.

a little sad this is the final episode. Going to miss this relaxing anime. Going to continue following the story of Mira and Ao on the manga. :)

ok.... now I have to put a koisuru asteroid cd, along with magia and nekopara on my cdjapan shopping cart. To be ordered once covid calms down. ><
Apr 5, 2020 11:02 PM

May 2018
I appreciate that they left the asteroid not found till the end. Finding new space things like asteroid is very hard and takes long time, even for the expert.

I'm surprised at how many informations and facts about astronomy and geology i got from this anime. Every anime who can make me search for a random things is always welcome for my high score, and this is one of them.

9/10
Apr 8, 2020 12:21 PM
Jan 2018
Wish there where more focused astronomy ,
Apr 8, 2020 1:46 PM
Mar 2015
Cute girls in love looking for asteroids
Apr 10, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2009
It was boring, Kirara adaptations are getting worse and worse.
Apr 11, 2020 8:44 AM

Apr 2011
Its sucks that Aoi and Mira couldn't find a new asteroid. But they're not giving up so easily. I felt sad when pictures of girls ever since from the start of the series where shown.

What I really like the series showing showing the starry sky, starry gazing. I like the girls. Animation and designs are good. This anime makes me smile and relaxing. Its a a pleasant show to watch with a bit of girls love into it. I also like the music.

Gonna miss this show. Spring season has that CGDCT fishing in the list, so I'll go watch that.

7/10
Apr 12, 2020 8:47 PM

Feb 2014
Ehh, couldn't get into this show no matter how much I tried, especially since I like astronomy. Painfully generic characters and their designs, cheesy and shallow dialogues and character interactions, and bland as hell direction (from a newbie director), made it really hard to care about anything in the show. The only good thing about it for me was the art and animation, along with the OP/ED. 5/10. One of the most forgettable anime I've watched in a while.
Apr 22, 2020 4:21 AM

Dec 2018
Awwww the lesbians are so cute . Great episode and my girls was clinging on to each other..YEEEES .To bad they couldn't find a new asteroid.But now they have a excuse to make a season 2

Not my favourite Doga Kobo. But as always they deliver on the Yuri in their CGDCT show. As i said early in . Yuri-Crusaders lesbian radar have never been wrong Lol =p (cough cough almost never) =P

I love it overall. And my pure cute girls get 10/10 as always

Yuri-CrusaderApr 22, 2020 7:39 AM
Apr 24, 2020 7:35 AM
Oct 2017
Yuri-Crusader said:
Awwww the lesbians are so cute . Great episode and my girls was clinging on to each other..YEEEES .To bad they couldn't find a new asteroid.But now they have a excuse to make a season 2

Not my favourite Doga Kobo. But as always they deliver on the Yuri in their CGDCT show. As i said early in . Yuri-Crusaders lesbian radar have never been wrong Lol =p (cough cough almost never) =P

I agree with you
let's not forget that a lot of the anime ended their first season with an element that shows that there will be a sequel
yet we never had a follow-up

if indeed Koisuru Asteroid is entitled to a season 2, I wish to see the formalization of the romance Mira/Ao with the kiss
Apr 27, 2020 7:41 AM

Aug 2019
NanaPirro said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

I agree with you
let's not forget that a lot of the anime ended their first season with an element that shows that there will be a sequel
yet we never had a follow-up

if indeed Koisuru Asteroid is entitled to a season 2, I wish to see the formalization of the romance Mira/Ao with the kiss

Since we're still early in the manga's run, I hope we do get to see a second season that explores things in more detail!
Apr 29, 2020 10:35 AM

Feb 2019
Really heartwarming end and depression curing show. It's criminal that this is rated less than 7. Monroe senpai best girl.
Apr 30, 2020 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty cute series just like every Cute girls do cute things serie, loved the astrology and earth science aspect of it and the depth they went into the subjects instead of just grazing the surface of the subjects

For anyone looking for a similiar moe-series, I recommend K-on!

May 6, 2020 3:20 AM

Oct 2010
It was a good anime, unfortunate that they couldn’t discover their own asteroid. Maybe the manga shows that? It was also a good flashback of all the memorable things the club did together. Good memories :)
Jun 4, 2020 10:34 AM

May 2017
Seriously, this was a wholly enjoyable and precious show. I just love the representation of girls being passionate about science, it's so great.
Jun 17, 2020 8:39 AM

Aug 2019
FMmatron said:
@Noy_Telinu

That's one way to look at it. I don't know shit about astronomy, but even I wouldn't say that this series isn't enough to satisfy those who're looking for pure substance(well that depends on your standards, but apparently some were able to appreciate this show for being well researched), not to mention that this shouldn't be seen as some sort of replacement for the real deal. More as a little treat for astrotards(for the lack of a better word, not meant as an insult xD)

Let's take Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? as another example. As a fan of gym culture I enjoyed it for what it was and wasn't annoyed by processes that could've been elaborated better or explanations that were slightly off.

Not trying to dismiss your opinion, just offering another take.

For Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?, some folks who go to the gym and exercise regularly have said it was a pretty respectable effort to portray things like technique without being too serious. KoiAsu is in the same category, doing enough research to preserve enough accuracy without being overbearing and also focus on other aspects of the show.
Jun 17, 2020 9:07 AM

Nov 2016
SereneCertainty said:
FMmatron said:
@Noy_Telinu

That's one way to look at it. I don't know shit about astronomy, but even I wouldn't say that this series isn't enough to satisfy those who're looking for pure substance(well that depends on your standards, but apparently some were able to appreciate this show for being well researched), not to mention that this shouldn't be seen as some sort of replacement for the real deal. More as a little treat for astrotards(for the lack of a better word, not meant as an insult xD)

Let's take Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? as another example. As a fan of gym culture I enjoyed it for what it was and wasn't annoyed by processes that could've been elaborated better or explanations that were slightly off.

Not trying to dismiss your opinion, just offering another take.

For Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?, some folks who go to the gym and exercise regularly have said it was a pretty respectable effort to portray things like technique without being too serious. KoiAsu is in the same category, doing enough research to preserve enough accuracy without being overbearing and also focus on other aspects of the show.

More or less what I was trying to explain to other poster. Dummbell Nan Kilo Moteru? wasn't completely flawless or went deep into fitness, but that doesn't mean you should dismiss it as worthless. In the first place it's an anime to entertain people, but I guess having an interest in the subject matter can be a bonus. Same for this show. The thing is there will always be the one nerd so far up his own ass that he has to project his very own standards onto a show that's supposed to be for everyone.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2020 10:44 PM

Oct 2009
Hope, this series get vouched for another season. It would be so cool if the second season, we'd see Mira and Ao more grown up in their college days since they are living together. That would be super cool.
Aug 12, 2020 7:34 PM

Feb 2019
Glad they didn't manage to find it to be honest, because it would've felt too quick and implausible. Instead, I was pleased with how they didn't find it but they didn't feel down about that, but rather see this as one step closer to their dream.

Somewhat enjoyable, but not for me personally. A 6/10 for me, but it's nice seeing how many people enjoyed this!
Aug 19, 2020 10:48 AM

May 2017
I can't get over the extremely low rating for this! It's just a slice of life anime, by Doga Koba no less, featuring cute girls who like science??? The least offensive anime that somehow has a score of 6.91??? Atleast give it a 7, damn
Aug 30, 2020 5:54 AM

Feb 2012
Welp it ended up being more than cute as i originally expected and it did grow on me. ( especially the last episodes )
Characters were likeable and the plot while not great was decent.
What's more, it was interesting to see things about astronomy that i assume are accurate.
anthi-lightAug 30, 2020 5:59 AM

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Oct 2, 2020 6:22 PM

Jan 2016
I found this show realistic and cute. It was not the best SOL or CGDCT but it still deserves more than a 6,9 in my opinion.

The characters are all nice, they're not developed equally because of how numerous they are and the anime's only 12 episodes, but all the girls have an interesting dream that makes you want to cheer them for and an endearing personality.

The best things in this anime were how informative it was and the relationships between the girls.
Oct 16, 2020 7:21 AM

Jul 2020
I just finished KoiAsu for myself, having only heard about it after watching Houkago Teibou Nisshi. It's a great series for the journey Ao and Mira go on in their quest for finding an asteroid, and I was rooting for them the whole time. The science in KoiAsu was such a nice bonus: I've never stargazed before, but I did study a bit of geology, and seeing the show get the facts right was very rewarding!
Oct 24, 2020 1:30 PM
Jan 2018
I love the ending song, Ao and Mira r so cute together xD... Well, i just watch this only for the little bit of Yuri so 10/10 for me.
Dec 4, 2020 5:01 AM

Apr 2014
really loved this series

very cute, relaxing, and a lot of fun

am really hoping for a season 2
"one step at a time"
Jan 28, 2021 7:30 AM

Nov 2019
Nice to see the series finally focus on its namesake in the ending stretch.

Apart from the early surprise of being more about geology than astronomy and curiously prominent dramatic streak, this is a pretty by-the-book schoolgirl club comedy.

It doesn't do anything particularly original, but neither does it make any missteps. It's perfectly fine so long as you're a fan of the genre.
Mar 9, 2021 2:25 PM

Feb 2020
“Space… the final frontier."

The last scene was so beautiful. Too bad they couldn't find a new asteroid, but they'll have plenty of new chances in the future.

Overall, this was a very good CGDCT. I loved the characters and all the scientific stuff.

I absolutely loved the ED. It's such a nice and relaxing song.
SerafosJul 14, 2022 1:36 PM
May 10, 2021 7:09 PM
Aug 2013
This was quite possibly the worst CGDCT with good production value that I've seen. I've seen worse, but those can be excused as they were super low-budget trash.

Putting 14 girls in a 12-episode CGDCT was absolutely stupid:

* 5 main club girls
* Mira's best friend
* Mira's best friend's sister
* Mira's sister
* 2 replacement club girls
* 2 newspaper club girls
* 2 girls at the astronomy camp

There was no time to flesh out any of them in a substantial manner. I challenge anyone to actually name all 14 girls off memory 1 hour after finishing this show. You can't, because they were so unmemorable that you'll forget about them immediately.

It also felt as though this was just an outlet for the manga author to spout out all the knowledge they learned in university. Splitting time between astronomy, geology, topography (Ino-senpai, the study of the natural forms of land surfaces) and meteorology made this show an unfocused mess, and it would've been a lot better if it just chose one specialty and stuck to it. 3/10

For those who gave this a high score, I'm curious to know what CGDCT you think are worse than this, because unless you hate CGDCT with a heavier focus on comedy (like Comic Girls) or you think hard iyashikei (like Non Non Biyori or Laid-Back Camp) is just boring, I really don't see any reason to ever recommend this one.
GippyMay 12, 2021 5:42 AM
Nov 24, 2021 2:24 AM

Nov 2013
It's sad to say, but the second half of this show, after senpais's resignation was extremely boring.
Jan 5, 2022 7:32 AM

Jul 2020
This was quite possibly the worst CGDCT with good production value that I've seen. I've seen worse, but those can be excused as they were super low-budget trash.

This anime is genuine, sincere and inspiring.

Putting 14 girls in a 12-episode CGDCT was absolutely stupid There was no time to flesh out any of them in a substantial manner. I challenge anyone to actually name all 14 girls off memory 1 hour after finishing this show. You can't, because they were so unmemorable that you'll forget about them immediately.

Mira, Ao, Sakura, Mai, Mari, Moe, Yuki, Yū, Chikage, Misa, Megu, Sayuri, Ayano, Asuka, Shiho. Proved you wrong there, didn't I? The characters are plenty memorable and add life into the world by livening Mira and Ao's journey of discovery up with individuals possessing unique backgrounds, personalities and goals.

It also felt as though this was just an outlet for the manga author to spout out all the knowledge they learned in university. Splitting time between astronomy, geology, topography (Ino-senpai, the study of the natural forms of land surfaces) and meteorology made this show an unfocused mess, and it would've been a lot better if it just chose one specialty and stuck to it. 3/10

Koisuru Asteroid uses the multidisciplinary approach to show that the sciences are all related in some way, and that methods working in one field can be applied to another. The anime did not just "spout all of the knowledge they learned in university": the content they cover can actually be found in children's books. Some of it is common knowledge (e.g. Jupiter's moons and Venus' apparent magnitude), while others can be found in common library books. This anime is focused, and a proper portrayal of the sciences. By the way, this is a 10/10.

For those who gave this a high score, I'm curious to know what CGDCT you think are worse than this, because unless you hate CGDCT with a heavier focus on comedy (like Comic Girls) or you think hard iyashikei (like Non Non Biyori or Laid-Back Camp) is just boring, I really don't see any reason to ever recommend this one.

I recommend Koisuru Asteroid, and I'll link to someone who absolutely hits the nail on the head as to why Koisuru Asteroid is a great anime: they're very articulate, insightful and thoughtful in outlining what about this series worked for them (incidentally, they also write about Yuru Camp and Non Non Biyori to the same level).
Mar 26, 2022 12:03 AM

Aug 2018
It was a great anime! ;P Been a while since I've seen anime this great, to be honest.. Everything worked just perfectly for me personally.. Was lots of joy to watch characters, with their comedies and dramas.. Science stuff was interesting as well, made me look up some things on my own as well.. Easily a 10/10 slice of life for me.. Anime series like this - is why anime is worth watching in the first place.. ;P
Jul 18, 2022 7:39 AM

Feb 2020
Too bad the girls didn't discover their asteroid, but they'll have plenty of new chances in the future. I'm sure they'll find a new one sooner or later. ^^

Beautiful commemorative photo.

Overall, this is a great show and one of the most educational CGDCT ever. All the yuri was a big plus. Also, I really love that beautiful ED.

SerafosApr 4, 11:17 PM
Aug 23, 2022 3:22 AM

Jul 2019
I'm kinda glad they didn't find an asteroid, because now they have to give us a second season, right? Well, one could hope.

It was a nice anime. The science stuff was deep enough to be interesting but not so deep it took over.

9/10
Mar 15, 2023 3:28 PM

Dec 2022
Another bittersweet ending? Granted, this one makes less of a big deal about it than Rifle is Beautiful did, but you'd think they'd be more upset about it. This was a pretty good anime with stellar (literally) visuals and cute characters. Some scenes were uneventful or samey, but there were also many endearing moments of understanding and friendship.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 7, 2023 10:12 PM
Apr 2023
Yah walaupun mereka tidak menemukan ny mereka tetap tidak putus semangat
Nov 17, 2023 8:45 AM

Jan 2013
literally the most bittersweet starwars empire strikes back ending to an astrological sol. imagine not finding new asteroids after all that hard work. why even live in shame anymore?
Apr 1, 7:33 PM
Jan 2023
The group is all back together and doing some final star gazing and some reminiscing over the past that lead them to this point.

Such a good show, and one that I don't think I'll be forgetting anytime soon. Not often can a show make my cry like this one has done, especially in the later few episodes. I've always been curious about space and stars and all that good stuff, but now I actually want to look into it a bit more, it's super interesting, and this show has made me really realise that.

I really hope that this show will get a second season some day, it is well deserving of one. Great character development and story, some pretty decent art, what can I say. I give this show an 8/10.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2020

34 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2020

42 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2020

56 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2020

55 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 1, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Koisuru Asteroid Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2020

39 by whitebeartigtig »»
Mar 31, 9:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.